Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BurberryBrit said:
Can't Joachim just move closer to Copenhagen? Or another city instead of a rural farm?
This is rural the farm ;) - http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_pal_sch
It's a very beautiful manor with a long history. QMII and prince Henrik procured it for their youngest son when he was very young (8-10 years) as the present Schack couple did not have any children. It's not a place that he is likely to give up.

UserDane said:
This is rural the farm ;) - http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_pal_sch
It's a very beautiful manor with a long history. QMII and prince Henrik procured it for their youngest son when he was very young (8-10 years) as the present Schack couple did not have any children. It's not a place that he is likely to give up.
but that's the thing: Schakenborg is so gorgeous and historic, that those city ladies he dates automatically think: "yeah, I could really live here", only to move there and find out living in a new country with a difficult language to learn, <and> in what's de facto in the middle of nowhere, a working farm...not sure how they like that at the end of the day..

BurberryBrit said:
Can't Joachim just move closer to Copenhagen? Or another city instead of a rural farm?
well he does have an apartment in one of the palaces in copenhagen, but for him to move to the city, he'd have to change his lifestyle and his job because he takes his farming quite seriously as I understand it

princess olga said:
well he does have an apartment in one of the palaces in copenhagen, but for him to move to the city, he'd have to change his lifestyle and his job because he takes his farming quite seriously as I understand it
He's definitely serious - it's his livelihood. He's a member of a cooperation called 'De fem gaarde' (The Five Farms) together with among others Bent Wedell who is the largest land owner in Denmark. They market and sell their produce to various companies, cooperations etc. and it seems to be going well for them.
I think it's a bit spoilt if any woman should feel isolated there; Joachim have the said apartment in Copenhagen and if he married again, his wife would be on royal duty as well and would get 'out' a lot - probably being transported to her engagements. The sacrifices of living at Schackenborg are not that high IMO.

Besides, if the new wife is Marie, she might surprise us. She might take to rural life there as a duck to water:)

princess olga said:
1.The reality of living with Joachim is living on a de facto farm, no matter how charming, is in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere in Denmark (which in itself is the middle of nowhere depending on your outlook--just my opinion! Nothing against lovely Denmark, a wonderful place to visit!)

Joachim <is> a farmer, by profession. AND he spends most of his time at Schakenborg, not at his apartment in Copenhagen.

1. City women
2. who, on top of this, would feel isolated enough moving to a completely other country and culture in and by itself, let alone moving to the middle of nowhere.

How would that work in practise? Marie spending her days raising kids in the middle of nowhere, Denmark, where she has no friends and nothing to do besides those kids? I think that <that> was a huge factor in the brakeup with Alexandra if you ask me!
I mean, let's say Marie would move to Copenhagen and marry J. And let's say she'd get a job in Copenhagen. That would mean, for them, that <she> would be spending her days in the city, working, and <he> would be spending his days some 300 miles away on the farm.
Well I think Joachim has maybe learnt a bit or two from his last marriage, Marie has visited him in Denmark several times now, and obiously been introduced to his friends, they have known each other longer than Joachim and Alexandra did before they got engaged. And Joachim dont just run the farm (I gather he also ha some help there so he does not have to do it all himself;) ), just because he does not get the press attention that Mary does for her duties, one could just look at the royal agenda and see that he does quite alot of royal duties which also means he spends quite some time in Copenhagen http://kongehuset.dk/aktuelt/kalender/afholdte/ He has also presided business trips abroad lately, which with Maries education could be something she would be interested in joining as well.
Besides Denmark is not that big, the distances are not that huge, she could still live at Schackenborg and go from there to many of her duties, not all royal work has to be performed in Copenhagen, Im pretty sure they like to see some royals in the rest of the country as well;) .

Marie seems like a pretty easy going girl, and yes, a bit of a blabber mouth, and maybe also a little naive, who does not seem to worry to much about giving the apprance of the pefetcly behaved royal Princesss-in-waiting, maybe that is what he needs now after having spent ten year with Alexandra who was hailed as perfect perfection from beginning to end, it might not be so easy to live with or be compared to all the time

BTW is Schackenborg mainly a grain and vegetables farm? It is not season for this all the time, so some part of the year they could probably spend more time in the city if they were so inclined

Well we wil have to wait and see, it is not possible to judge peoples character on the image that is given in the papers and magazines, the press can pretty much paint the image they want.

UserDane said:
Besides, if the new wife is Marie, she might surprise us. She might take to rural life there as a duck to water:)

Camilla Windsor came to my mind: how everyone assumed she was a rural person - which she is but she really seems to enjoy her Royal duties. Why should it not be vice versa with Marie? Who after all quit New York to go to Geneva - which is not quite the hub city!

Larzen said:
Marie seems like a pretty easy going girl, and yes, a bit of a blabber mouth, and maybe also a little naive, who does not seem to worry to much about giving the apprance of the pefetcly behaved royal Princesss-in-waiting, maybe that is what he needs now after having spent ten year with Alexandra who was hailed as perfect perfection from beginning to end, it might not be so easy to live with or be compared to all the time

I hadn't thought of that; an astute observation, Larzen. I've often thought of the reaction that driven, career women might have when marrying into a royal family where the pace and priorities are so much different than out in the competitive business world. It must be a bit of a shock. Whereas a woman who is not such a driven achievement-oriented person may have an easier time getting into the swing of things.

Furthering Jo's comparison, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall seems to be quite an easy-going person herself who is criticisized for not being very ambitious but she seems to fit in with the flow of the British Royal Family very well. Perhaps a not very ambitious person is exactly what they needed.

I think as Royal Families move out into the commoner world more and more, their instincts about what works and what doesn't in royal-commoner marriages are getting better.

Thanks for explaining about the "farm" :p

Perhaps Marie could learn to love the farm life. Some women just want to be with their man, where ever that is.

Last edited:
I really don't think he will get married with her so soon!!!

biboquinhas said:
I really don't think he will get married with her so soon!!!

I think she is just a person in his life so i see no engagement or wedding for them.

I believe many journalists are phishing for a story which isn't there. Furthermore, I doubt there will be an engagement for the couple anytime soon.

maybe a joint wedding with William and Kate or Victoria and Daniel?!

would, and if ever, would he marry her it will not be soon

It could be sooner than we think, with Alexandra marrying in March...

politikgirl said:
It could be sooner than we think, with Alexandra marrying in March...

i agree. Joachim and Marie have been together awhile now and been through a lot. Alexandra remarrying makes it much easier for them.

If they get engaged, it definitely wont be within 6 months of Alexandra's wedding but any time after that is fair game.

pollyemma said:
i agree. Joachim and Marie have been together awhile now and been through a lot. Alexandra remarrying makes it much easier for them.

If they get engaged, it definitely wont be within 6 months of Alexandra's wedding but any time after that is fair game.

Yes, I agree.
I believe that Joachim and Marie will get marry in the near future, maybe in about one year.
Alexandra is making a way for Joachim and Marie.
It will be very weird if Alex and Marie are both titled princess and listed on the DRF hompage.

Heike said:
It will be very weird if Alex and Marie are both titled princess and listed on the DRF hompage.

If Joachim remarries, there would only be one princess since Alexandra will loose her princess title upon her marriage to Martin and will be known only as Countess of Frederiksborg. :)

UserDane said:
This is rural the farm ;) - The Danish Monarchy - Palaces - Schackenborg Manor

This is rural??? :ohmy: Heck! I want to live in rural!;) Lovely place!! :flowers:

Mandy said:
If Joachim remarries, there would only be one princess since Alexandra will loose her princess title upon her marriage to Martin and will be known only as Countess of Frederiksborg. :)

I know. My original post was meant to be an assumption of the situation if Joachim remarries before Alex does.

Joachim and his sons spent the winter vacation with Marie. The boys looked, in the pictures from Her & Nu, quite comfortable with her.

Last edited:
can someone post the pictures or the link to the picture?

thanks

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/4418/herognuforside07el9.jpg

Prins Joachim enjoys a wonderful winter holiday together with his beloved Marie – and the Princes. See the lovely holiday snapshots of Joachim, who never had looked more happy, and Marie having a cozy time in the snow - and having a splenid snow ball fight with Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix. BUY HER&NU AND SEE THE LOVELY PICTURES

Source: Her og Nu

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity: IF Joachim and Marie marry, will she definitely be a Princess or could she just become a Countess? Also, what would her title be?

I would not be surprised if there's an announcement by the end of 2007. :)

Does that headline translate to "Joachim will have Marie" ???

The paper may be exaggerating but it looks like Joachim and Mary are presenting themselves as a family by posing for the cameras with the boys.

I'm not complaining but just surprised at how overt the message seems to be. Its as if Alexandra's wedding was the sign for Joachim and Marie to let everybody know they're building a life together.

woah! Is it just me or is this a drastic shift in the public profile policy???
They all look extremely sweet but so close to Alexandras engagement announcement the implicit nature of the pictures is incredible, yes/no?
I'am just so suprised...!

ysbel said:
Does that headline translate to "Joachim will have Marie" ???

The paper may be exaggerating but it looks like Joachim and Mary are presenting themselves as a family by posing for the cameras with the boys.

When I first saw the photo my impression is that it looked as if they were saying Here is the family on holiday. My perspective of it all: It's a subliminal message, an obvious one to me.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom