Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
moby said:
Joachim can't marry her; there can't be a Princess Mary and a Princess Marie at the same time!

*waits for somebody to shoot me*:boxing:
Anyone know what is her middle name? If she has it...

to me it doesn't look like Marie on any of these pics. Maybe because most of them are not as clear and far away.

I really find a bit strange to see both Alexandra, her boyfried and Joaquim and Marie Cavalier in the new year's eve together to me, not proper at all!!!!!!!!

biboquinhas said:
I really find a bit strange to see both Alexandra, her boyfried and Joaquim and Marie Cavalier in the new year's eve together to me, not proper at all!!!!!!!!

I agree it's not proper if the children were around. Children are easily confused. I guess I come from the old school, though, where you don't introduce every boyfriend or girlfriend to your children. A serious significant other, yes. But not the flavor of the month. Times have certainly changed.

I dont know how strange I think it is...Its actually all rather civilized. And perhaps Marie Cavallier isnt just the flavour of the month??????
( Oh, and apparently the sweet Marie once again talked to the media. The magazine BilledBladet apparently got some quotes off her....again.)

BurberryBrit said:
I agree it's not proper if the children were around. Children are easily confused. I guess I come from the old school, though, where you don't introduce every boyfriend or girlfriend to your children. A serious significant other, yes. But not the flavor of the month. Times have certainly changed.

I think I come from the old school too! If it was something more serious they will let us know sonner , but until now we have'nt got any news from Prince Joaquim regarding his fiance!!! No tomme she is yes the flavour of the month!

biboquinhas said:
I think I come from the old school too! If it was something more serious they will let us know sonner , but until now we have'nt got any news from Prince Joaquim regarding his fiance!!! No tomme she is yes the flavour of the month!

Since Joachim and Marie been dating since the end of 2005 I think Marie has advanced from 'Flavour of the Month' to 'Flavour of the Year'.

Who knows, if they keep it up, she may get promoted to Flavour of the Decade? ;)

BurberryBrit said:
but..but..but..in the case of Alexandra and Martin, they've been together for what, two years now? That's hardly the 'flavor of the fillintheblank' I'd think.

And as for the confusion..I think it's great to show kids that you can have differences with someone but still be friends. Better than the confusion of treating your ex-spouse who is the parent of your child, with the kind of radio silence that any child worth half a brain wouldn't be comfortable with, either. This is I think, rather a way to take a burden off a child who's seen his parents divorce.

But I do see what you mean, though, and in the case for example of Steph of Monaco, with a different boyfriend each time the sun comes up, my oh my. :bang:

But anyway, looking at these pictures, none of these brunettes look like Marie to me. But that white doggie enjoying a walk outside the palace with another canine friend, that dog definitely resembles Marie's, so she was probably there indeed.

If you're divorced and dating someone new and you've been together at least a year, I think it's perfectly acceptable to introduce them to your kids. If the person you're with intends to be a fixture in your life, for however long that turns out to be, the kids should be made of aware of said person because they'll be in their lives too.

Both Alexandra and Joachim have been with their S.O.'s a while now, so having Nikolai and Felix meet them isn't uncalled for.

Children aren't as easily confused as many adults think sometimes.

It's always a good sign when the ex's get along as it helps everyone stay more or less relaxed in the situations. By being mean to each other, that would hurt the boys and probably confuse them.

I have read the interview she gave to "BilledBladet" and she hasn't spoke very mucht at all! She has only sayd a few things very normal things, but enough to make wonders between journalists!

Did we read the same the interview????
I thought she mouth'd off in traditional marie cavallier style?
They say she's pulling in the reigns on that motor-mouth of hers but I dont like her commenting on Felix and Nikolai or meeting alexandra, or saying how fun it all was.
I prefer the shy smile and no comment approach of Mary - and i despair everytime i see her "interviews".
Particularly the end where the interviewer said she noticed marie had a new ring oin in DK and asks if its from Joachim - and marie answeres that if she'd gotten a ring from Joachim she's still be wearing it (she wasnt wearing the new ring at the time)"And as you can see, I wear no ring. So, we are not engaged" :bang: :bang: :bang:

well I think that is a very normal answer and I'am starting to like her!She haven't spoken to mucht, just enough. I think it is really difficult to stay quiet when we have lots of journalists around us! I could't be quiet all the time!She didn't answer any questions regarding Alexandra that is what everyone wants to know!

I agree that she seems to be getting a little it better - quite impressed that she didnt sy anything about Alexandra. She looks to be learning.
But again, i like the "no comment" approach. If she's talking, she's already said too much, imo.:flowers:

But anyway, different tastes:)

Looking forward to following her no matter what.

I think she simply likes/loves him and is like any young woman in love. She might be the kind to shout it from the rooftops when she is in love, but due to who he is, she can't do that anymore. She comes off as charming in the article and very sweet. Her statement about not being put up in an apartment like Mary was a bit strange, though.

princess olga said:
but..but..but..in the case of Alexandra and Martin, they've been together for what, two years now? That's hardly the 'flavor of the fillintheblank' I'd think.

I'm just very conservative. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is possible that Marie can be become Joachim's next wife. If Camilla can become the next Queen of England then Marie can become the next princess of Denmark.

Too, I think if Joachim marries than Princess Alexander will marry and move on and take an even lesser role within the Danish Royal family.

Everybody, what do you think would be the public reaction if the couple announced their engagement?

Would there be public well wishing or would it cause a controversy? Or perhaps a public well wishing with private misgivings?

I think the public would be okay with an engagement....so long as Marie changes her hair color or something, she looks tooooo much like CP Mary imo. Or they would both have to wear nametags at family functions, lol.

Donna B.

ysbel said:
Everybody, what do you think would be the public reaction if the couple announced their engagement?

Would there be public well wishing or would it cause a controversy? Or perhaps a public well wishing with private misgivings?
I don't think it would cause a controversy; Alexandra seems to be at a place where she can continue her role as a princess or withdraw more if she wants to - so it won't appear as if she is been 'squeezed' out by a new wife for Joachim.
If Joachim and Marie marry, the media will probably just start another round of expectant calls for new babies and keep the public entertained that way;)

Well I don't think Prince Joachim will marry her soon! The Queen mother will have a very strong opinion on that and to me she will not allow Joachim to marry her soon and not before having strong feelings that she can be a good wife for him,a good Princess, and a good stepmother for her grandchilds. To be it is obvious that at this moment she is not the rigth person, although IMO she looks to be learning!

biboquinhas said:
Well I don't think Prince Joachim will marry her soon! The Queen mother will have a very strong opinion on that and to me she will not allow Joachim to marry her soon and not before having strong feelings that she can be a good wife for him,a good Princess, and a good stepmother for her grandchilds. To be it is obvious that at this moment she is not the rigth person, although IMO she looks to be learning!

Erm there is no queen mother in Denmark. That was the late Queen Ingrid that had that title :rolleyes:

betina said:
Erm there is no queen mother in Denmark. That was the late Queen Ingrid that had that title :rolleyes:

I think biboquinhas means Queen Margrethe, because of the grandchildren part ;) She's a Queen and a mother... I'm not sure though..

Has Queen Margrethe given any indication she disapproves of Joachim's and Marie's relationship?

ysbel said:
Has Queen Margrethe given any indication she disapproves of Joachim's and Marie's relationship?
No she hasn't. She never comments on her son's (rumoured) relationships; as far as I remember, Mary was fairly well-known by the public before QMII answered a question from a journalist about her.
Margrethe could certainly teach Marie a thing or two about being tight-lipped;)

I would be curious to know how people in Denmark think she would be received if they were to announce an engagement. Personally, I think she is tacky and the fact that she spoke out to the press initially doesn't bode well for what she might do in the future. Discretion, Marie, discretion. It's the key to life.

He just ended one marriage, much as he'd like to find love again, i don't think he's in a quick hurry to get married again. And i hope that when he does think about marriage again, it won't be to Marie. I find she's too much of a attention seeker - talking and posing so early in a relationship wif the Prince is too much.

I just don't understand why he don't see that1 Everyone says that she is a attention seeker and he still continues to be with her!!!!

UserDane said:
No she hasn't. She never comments on her son's (rumoured) relationships; as far as I remember, Mary was fairly well-known by the public before QMII answered a question from a journalist about her.
Margrethe could certainly teach Marie a thing or two about being tight-lipped;)

That may be true but that's not exactly what I meant. I meant that unless the Queen has said anything, there's a good chance we don't know exactly what she thinks about Joachim's and Marie relationship.

It amazes me that some members here think they know Joachim's girlfriend better than he does while we've been only talking about her from press reports and he's actually been dating her for over a year.

My guess is that if he's obviously still dating someone that most people disapprove of after this time, that there is more to this relationship than we are aware of. It may be possible that Joachim knows his girlfriend better than we do and my, my wouldn't that be a shock and a surprise?

Marie IMO isn't doing anything all that bad. I dont' even see her promoting herself l ike some others women have done in the past with various royals. I think she's very very naive, but also happy-go-lucky. When I see her pics, I don't see opportunist. I think she's caught up in the whole fairytale thing of dating a Prince. Whether or not she will last, I can't say. I am liking her more with each new article or picture.

ysbel said:
It amazes me that some members here think they know Joachim's girlfriend better than he does while we've been only talking about her from press reports and he's actually been dating her for over a year.

Don´t forget that Joachim and Marie don´t see each other very often.
This is a long distance relationship. It also makes sense if Marie always shows her best side to Joachim when they meet.

And I also agree that Marie is an attention seeker. Of course she is. Compared to Mary´s behavior before her wedding, this fact is very obvious.

It´s natural that we speculate and make theories about Marie here. Otherwise it wouldn´t be called the royal forum, would it? For example, some people here also consider themselves know more/better about Alexandras personality and motivations than Prince Joachim and the DRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom