Prince Gustav of Berleburg, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello toniamw,

Prince Gustav was engaged a few years ago to Elvire de Rochefort, but the engagement was broken off after about a year. It was rumored that Elvire's father could not accept the financial amount to be given to Elvire or something to do with finances. Many people in the Danish press dubbed her and her family "gold diggers" who were only after the prince and his family for their pedigree, status and money. But Prince Gustav nor his parents or anyone else close to him ever commented on it, so who really knows the truth?

I have not heard much about his love life and whether he is seeing anyone in particular. But with someone that good looking, you have to think he can't have much trouble getting a date! :p

At the SRMB there was a thread about him dating a girl named Katherine, with rumors of engagement.
Netty's Royalty Page has a picture of him under the princes' section

If you check out the two threads entitled Princess Benedikte and Family in this forum there are pictures of him with his parents and sisters. I just added 3 pictures last night of the 2002 hunt, but not of this year's.

I saw his name on a guestlist on another board. Well 2002 or 2003 he still looks good to me.

The Danish tabloid "BT" today published the rumour that HH Prince Gustav have invited the maid of honour Amber Petty to visit him in Berleburg next week. Has the Prince finally found someone to replace Elvire? :rolleyes:

Well, she certainly seems to be nice. She cried a few times I noticed just like everybody else. I seem to recall somebody saying that Gustav looked bored at the wedding. I hope it is the beginning of a relationship if it is true.

Well the tabloid is naturally focusing on the possibility of having one of HRH Crown Prince Frederiks closest friends and relatives romantically involved with the best friend of HRH Crown Princess Mary. In that sense it almost sounds to good to be true. :lol:

Yes it would be to good to be true and it takes a special girl to move across the world and learn a new language, german in this case. Earlier this year on Netty's board, rumors had Gustav dating an English girl. He doesn't work in London anymore, going back to Germany to help run the estate while Prince Richard was undergoing cancer treatment.

To btsnyder: He is the son of HH Prince Richard of Berleburg and HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark, and the nephew of HM Queen Margrethe.

Originally posted by Starr@May 16th, 2004 - 7:49 pm

Personally I think the press needs a good story while F&M are on their honeymoon and Gustav makes a better story than pairing Amber with Prince Nicholas of Greece.
Apparently the story first emerged in an Australian newspaper, if memory serves me it was the Daily Telegraph, so maybe the Australian media is just trying to prolong the frenzy regarding fridays wedding. Who knows? :p

Originally posted by Dennism@May 16th, 2004 - 4:14 pm
Well, she certainly seems to be nice. She cried a few times I noticed just like everybody else. I seem to recall somebody saying that Gustav looked bored at the wedding. I hope it is the beginning of a relationship if it is true.
He can't help it, in that respect he is just like his father HH Prince Richard. Eventhough they both have plenty of humour and plenty of experience in participating in events like the wedding, they often look as if they'd rather be somewhere else. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
He seems to be a very nice person. I did notice that he didn't seem to tolerate the press Thursday night, going into the festivities.
All of Princess Benedikte's children seem to be rather private, which I like. They are not showy as some Royals. Yet the Danish Royal Family seem to be indicative of their people; down to earth.

Originally posted by michelleq@May 16th, 2004 - 9:16 pm
Yet the Danish Royal Family seem to be indicative of their people; down to earth.
Hence the continued high approval ratings of the monarchy itself on a whole. And add into it all, the wonderful Queen that is Margrethe and you start to see the reasons for the popularity more clearly.

Originally posted by michelleq@May 16th, 2004 - 9:16 pm
Yet the Danish Royal Family seem to be indicative of their people; down to earth.
Never really understood why people regard us Danes as being down to earth, at least not anymore than the people from other Nordic countries. :huh: :huh: :huh:

It would be so great if HH Prince Gustav could find love, I was so sad for him when the romance with Elvire ended. And it would be so nice for HRH Crownprincess Mary to have one of her friends so close by.

Originally posted by Topsy-Turvy@May 17th, 2004 - 3:51 am
It would be so great if HH Prince Gustav could find love, I was so sad for him when the romance with Elvire ended. And it would be so nice for HRH Crownprincess Mary to have one of her friends so close by.
Wasn't in the country when the Elvire-engagement ended, do we know why?

From what I remember, I think it had to do with the marriage settlement(or prenup agreement). I think her family wanted a lot of $$$ in case of a divorce. Of course we really don't know, but I read on other boards that she had another engagement with a French noble fall through(before Gustav) because her father pressed for big $$$ in case of a divorce. But perhaps her and or her groom in both cases got cold feet, who knows what really happened.

Originally posted by Starr@May 17th, 2004 - 8:54 am
From what I remember, I think it had to do with the marriage settlement(or prenup agreement). I think her family wanted a lot of $$$ in case of a divorce. Of course we really don't know, but I read on other boards that she had another engagement with a French noble fall through(before Gustav) because her father pressed for big $$$ in case of a divorce. But perhaps her and or her groom in both cases got cold feet, who knows what really happened.
I remember this too, the papers were calling her a golddigger, and claimed that it was HH Prince Richard who put his foot down saying that the Berleburg-family would not accept the financial agreement Elvire (or her family) had proposed. She really sounded awfull the way she was described back then, but you are right perhaps we will never know the truth. ;)

Wow she seems like a real class-act! :p :blink: :blink:
It sounds as something that could have taken place centuries ago, arguing over the dowry :p

When I say down to earth, I and many feel that that is one of the highest praises given to any individual, group or in your case, nation. Yes, I have never met anyone from the other Nordic countries, but I am sure that that you are correct. I have made friends from Germany, Denmark, Netherlands and Liechtenstein, and I can state, that as an African American female living in the USA, that the friends that I have made are the most kind, generous and caring people I have had the pleasure to meet. They have never seen my skin color, they see me. Many in my country, and all races are included, can take a page out of your book.

Originally posted by michelleq@May 17th, 2004 - 6:45 pm
When I say down to earth, I and many feel that that is one of the highest praises given to any individual, group or in your case, nation. Yes, I have never met anyone from the other Nordic countries, but I am sure that that you are correct. I have made friends from Germany, Denmark, Netherlands and Liechtenstein, and I can state, that as an African American female living in the USA, that the friends that I have made are the most kind, generous and caring people I have had the pleasure to meet. They have never seen my skin color, they see me. Many in my country, and all races are included, can take a page out of your book.
Ok now you're just trying to make me blush. :blush: - I guess it worked.

I noticed that when Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson were entering either the cathedral or the theater that she stopped and told Jefferson that the photographers wanted to take their picture. They both happily complied and the press was happy also.

Originally posted by samitude@May 17th, 2004 - 7:23 pm
I noticed that when Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson were entering either the cathedral or the theater that she stopped and told Jefferson that the photographers wanted to take their picture. They both happily complied and the press was happy also.
I remember that, but they are always very complying. He was especially funny when he came out from Rigshospitalet and gave a press-conference when Count Richard was born. He seems really funny in a boyish sort of way. As if he still isn't used to the media etc.

Maybe he is a little distracted still, because of his fathers illness. The papers have written a lot about how he has been a great support for his father during the illness, and maybe it's still there in the back of his mind even though he is at a wedding.

So is this girl one of Mary's close firends if not a best friend?

Originally posted by chanel@May 24th, 2004 - 7:05 pm
So is this girl one of Mary's close firends if not a best friend?
Best friend.

Originally posted by Theilmann@May 16th, 2004 - 4:06 pm
The Danish tabloid "BT" today published the rumour that HH Prince Gustav have invited the maid of honour Amber Petty to visit him in Berleburg next week. Has the Prince finally found someone to replace Elvire? :rolleyes:
The article in BT actually quotes the australian paper The Daily Telegraph. Accordingly, Amber Petty has told a journalist, that she was invited by a german prince to come an visit him.

BT than makes the guess, that this prince might be Prince Gustav:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=276646/

However, the article was published more than a week ago by now, and to my knowledge, there have been no reports since.

Does anyone know the paper The Daily Telegraph? To me, it seems odd, if AP would have told a journalist such a thing...

It actually came from a very very short article. I wouldn't even call it an article. You know how they have a section in the newspaper where inconsequential/social things go? Well Daily Telegraph has that and they call it "Sydney Confidential" (I think) and leading up to the wedding, they called it "Copenhagen Confidential". Anyway I think the "I've been invited to Germany" thing came from a very short thing there... probably 5 lines (and you know how skinny newspaper coloums are!).

And now it's "Prince Gustav and Amber Petty". Though I actually don't mind if both of these try it out for a while... they don't have to get married. I hope Prince Gustav finds his girl soon. Maybe if slims down a little, because he seems to have the makings of a hottie :p and he seems nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom