The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I think Aryan was the word used in Billed Bladet.
If this word appeared in the will then any court in germany of today would annull the will immediately as it's the word used by the Nazis for their "selected" people - Germans of that time had to have an "Aryan passport" which told of their ancestors name, and "Aryan" descent.

As much as I think it is detestable to force people to prove their ancestry (and to send those who couldn't to concentration and murder camps) I think it is nice that I still have the "Aryan passport" of my father which shows the quite august ancestry of his mother's side... Alas, my grandmother married money, not nobility and all the money and estate was lost after WWII so I'm myself neither noble nor rich... Bad that! Does it help that I found out that I'm descended from Charlemagne in direct line and that, if my grandmother had been a boy or lived in today's Germany I could be sporting quite a noble name in my passport? I'm afraid it doesn't. But it's nice to know....

Old 07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness

she looks lovely and smart too, i hope true love wins.
if it doesn't maybe we can introduce her prince albert, or maybe she has a sister for him

Old 07-06-2006, 06:09 AM
Courtier

This is just my opinion but it seems in recent photos this is the most I have ever seen Gustav smile. Perhaps she is the one and an engagement might be announced. I certainly wish him well.

Stellad
Old 07-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Commoner

Wow! Talk about a loaded term! I too reckon the German courts will invalidate the will. Carina is quite pretty and it seems she also is quite smart. Good for Prince Gustav; may he and she have every happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I think Aryan was the word used in Billed Bladet.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

"descended from Charlemagne" that is way cool jo of palantine
and he does look very happy, even if the court doesn't overturn the will (which imo they should) lucky man to find true love and happiness. They look very contented and connected, hope for the best for them.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

Funny, my real name is Carina....:p
Old 07-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss j
I am sorry. I don't understand how being 1/2 Swedish and 1/2 Mexican makes Carina a non Caucasian. Swedes are Caucasian as are most Mexicans. Is she of Aztec or other American Indian extraction then? Or some other race....Oriental, Black? And many Mexicans are Catholic, which is a Christian religion. Also many Mexicans are protestants, also a Christian set of religions. Please clarify. Thank you.
Most Mexicans are certainly not Caucasian. Carina would be considered a non-aryan. Being half Swede makes no difference. However, I doubt that either of them take the prohibition seriously (nor should anyone).
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Is he officially engaged to Carina? She was with him at the official family photocall, wasn't she?
Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Courtier

No engagement announcement has been made yet.

Stellad
Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Question Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Anyones knows anything about Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg , I am not sure if this is the right forum, hope it is
Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

This is the correct forum, Ashlen. Some of your questions may be answered throughout this topic, beginning on page one.

Or, if you have a specific question that has not been answered, go ahead and ask.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is an article, and photo in regards to Prince Gustav, Bad Berleburg, preservation/conservation, reintroduction of the Bison, and forestry.

Gustav, along with others are involved in a conservation project that many would hope would be economically viable as well as having a postiive impact of tourism in Bad Berleburg. Besides peservation, these group of people are trying to reintroduce the Bison into the area, but are concerned with the wild Boar. Gustav notes that he was able to secure a herd of Bison via Sweden noting, "Yeah, the Bison will be coming to Wittgenstein."

It should be noted that Bad Berleburg is already a tourist destination; known as being one of the best places for nature lovers and hiking.

Here is another recent article with Prince Gustav.

Within this particular piece the Prince talks to a group of students at the Bad Laasphe school regarding etiqutte, his life, and and so forth. When asked if he is recognized when out with his royal relatives, he states, "No, fortunately not. Most recogize my cousins {Frederik}..." which seems to suit him just fine. "I know the kings, and queens of Europe on a personal level, but also actors, industrialists, and soccor players as well."

One student ask "Do you have any real friends or friends that come only to you because of your money?" Prince Gustav, "When I was in school in Bad Berleburg, of course many wanted to see the castle. As time goes on one begins to recognize who ones true friends are."

The Prince also fondly remembers his time at boarding school at Luisenstraße Lund, in Schleswig-Holstein calling it, "The best time in my life."

The article goes on to discuss etiquette during job interviews, his family, his parents, and of course about Carina. He responds, "Yes, I have a girlfriend who lives with me at Schloss Berleburg.

Unfortunately, there isn't a photo accompanying this article.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know whether Prince Gustav shall celebrate his 40th birthday on Monday-12th January in Bad Berleburg in Germany with family and friends or shall he have two birthday celebrations with one in Germany and one in Denmark?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't been able to find any information. Carina turned 40 last August, and there wasn't any information about a party or celebration. I do hope that photos will be released if there is a celebration(s). 40 is a big milestone, and it would make sense for a prince to have at least one party.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Majesty

All posts related to Prince Gustav and Elvire de Rochefort's broken engagement have been moved to this thread.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Courtier

Re: only info from another message board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I haven't been able to find any information. Carina turned 40 last August, and there wasn't any information about a party or celebration. I do hope that photos will be released if there is a celebration(s). 40 is a big milestone, and it would make sense for a prince to have at least one party.
Thank you for the info, Sgl. Vejle Amts Folkeblad - Mennesker - Berleburgs prins Gustav fylder 40 år

I have tried to look up info in the German media and haven't found a thing.

It would be great to see photos of the arrival of the guests to his birthday celebrations.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Judging from this article, it sounds like he plans to either stay in with Carina, or have a private get together.

(sigh)It would have been lovely to see photos of guests arriving at a party. I am still hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.