The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Gentry

Wow she seems like a real class-act! :P
It sounds as something that could have taken place centuries ago, arguing over the dowry :P

Old 05-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Courtier

When I say down to earth, I and many feel that that is one of the highest praises given to any individual, group or in your case, nation. Yes, I have never met anyone from the other Nordic countries, but I am sure that that you are correct. I have made friends from Germany, Denmark, Netherlands and Liechtenstein, and I can state, that as an African American female living in the USA, that the friends that I have made are the most kind, generous and caring people I have had the pleasure to meet. They have never seen my skin color, they see me. Many in my country, and all races are included, can take a page out of your book.

Old 05-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by michelleq@May 17th, 2004 - 6:45 pm
When I say down to earth, I and many feel that that is one of the highest praises given to any individual, group or in your case, nation. Yes, I have never met anyone from the other Nordic countries, but I am sure that that you are correct. I have made friends from Germany, Denmark, Netherlands and Liechtenstein, and I can state, that as an African American female living in the USA, that the friends that I have made are the most kind, generous and caring people I have had the pleasure to meet. They have never seen my skin color, they see me. Many in my country, and all races are included, can take a page out of your book.
Ok now you're just trying to make me blush. - I guess it worked.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Courtier

I noticed that when Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson were entering either the cathedral or the theater that she stopped and told Jefferson that the photographers wanted to take their picture. They both happily complied and the press was happy also.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by samitude@May 17th, 2004 - 7:23 pm
I noticed that when Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson were entering either the cathedral or the theater that she stopped and told Jefferson that the photographers wanted to take their picture. They both happily complied and the press was happy also.
I remember that, but they are always very complying. He was especially funny when he came out from Rigshospitalet and gave a press-conference when Count Richard was born. He seems really funny in a boyish sort of way. As if he still isn't used to the media etc.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:06 AM

Maybe he is a little distracted still, because of his fathers illness. The papers have written a lot about how he has been a great support for his father during the illness, and maybe it's still there in the back of his mind even though he is at a wedding.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness

So is this girl one of Mary's close firends if not a best friend?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by chanel@May 24th, 2004 - 7:05 pm
So is this girl one of Mary's close firends if not a best friend?
Best friend.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann@May 16th, 2004 - 4:06 pm
The Danish tabloid "BT" today published the rumour that HH Prince Gustav have invited the maid of honour Amber Petty to visit him in Berleburg next week. Has the Prince finally found someone to replace Elvire?
The article in BT actually quotes the australian paper The Daily Telegraph. Accordingly, Amber Petty has told a journalist, that she was invited by a german prince to come an visit him.

BT than makes the guess, that this prince might be Prince Gustav:

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=276646/

However, the article was published more than a week ago by now, and to my knowledge, there have been no reports since.

Does anyone know the paper The Daily Telegraph? To me, it seems odd, if AP would have told a journalist such a thing...
Old 05-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Courtier

It actually came from a very very short article. I wouldn't even call it an article. You know how they have a section in the newspaper where inconsequential/social things go? Well Daily Telegraph has that and they call it "Sydney Confidential" (I think) and leading up to the wedding, they called it "Copenhagen Confidential". Anyway I think the "I've been invited to Germany" thing came from a very short thing there... probably 5 lines (and you know how skinny newspaper coloums are&#33.

And now it's "Prince Gustav and Amber Petty". Though I actually don't mind if both of these try it out for a while... they don't have to get married. I hope Prince Gustav finds his girl soon. Maybe if slims down a little, because he seems to have the makings of a hottie :P and he seems nice.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Commoner

In January/feb...this year...Amber Petty was in a magazine over here, discussing being a bridesmaid at Mary's wedding etc. She appears to enjoy the media attention she receives from being Marys good friend.
I think shes a budding MTV reporter or something...so its all probably good exposure.

Recently I read how she had made reference to being invited to travel by a man she met at the reception, she also made reference to the fact that she had been seated next to two well-to-do men...so it seems she doesnt have Mary's 'quiet' demenour where she holds her tongue on her private life!

Its hard to say really..but just from comments I have read from what shes supposed to have said..and also pics I have seen of her, shes a totally different kind of girl to Mary.

Who really knows of course, as the media love a good story so how much is true and how much is speculation is difficult to say. I am sure given any opportunities though, Amber will make the most of them!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Smile

Has anyone heard anything pertaining to Prince Gustav lately? He is very private individual. Is he reported on at all in the German Press? Is he still working at his family's estate or has he returned to London? Also, if anyone have any pictures, please post.

Thanx
Old 10-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Courtier

1. Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
2. Prince Gustav with his mother, sisters, and brother-in-law
3. with ex-fiancee Elvire
4. Elvire's engagment ring
5. Prince Gustav
6. with ex-fiancee Elvire
7. with ex-fiancee Elvire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00103414.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	46346   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00095513.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	46347   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00038808.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	46348   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00038796.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	46349  

Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00038870.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	46350   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00038795.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	46351   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-SEEGER00038790.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	46352  
Old 10-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness

Interesting photos, mybags. Were these from his 2000 engagement?
Old 10-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Courtier

The first photo is from 2003 (not sure which event)
The second photo is from the 2003 wedding of Prince Donatus von Hessen
The third photo is an unknown 2000 event
The last four photos are from the engagement.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Royal Highness

That is one very large diamond! Does anyone know why they called their engagement off?
Old 10-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Courtier

According to the Queen Victoria's Descendants Companion Volume, Elvire's father wanted a contract that would provide for Elvire in the event of a divorce. Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard refused Elvire's father's request. Gustav and Elvire parted as good friends.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Courtier

It was posted today that Prince Gustav is now the owner of Schloss Berleburg. It also states that his grandfather's will states that he would lose everything if he marries beneath his station. This was published in the Danish Magazine/Newspaper Se Og Hor. Is he challenging this? That is horrible.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
According to the Queen Victoria's Descendants Companion Volume, Elvire's father wanted a contract that would provide for Elvire in the event of a divorce. Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard refused Elvire's father's request. Gustav and Elvire parted as good friends.
Thanks for the info. So basically, she wanted alimony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
It was posted today that Prince Gustav is now the owner of Schloss Berleburg. It also states that his grandfather's will states that he would lose everything if he marries beneath his station. This was published in the Danish Magazine/Newspaper Se Og Hor. Is he challenging this? That is horrible.
If he marries beneath his station. Are they serious? That is horrible. What happens if he doesn't marry at all?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Is Gustav seeing anyone now or do you all think he will remain the consumate bachelor?