Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessDianafan

Nobility
City
singapore
Country
Singapore
Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009

Pardon my ignorance but are Gustav and Carina engaged? She seems to be in all the official family photos

According to Point de Vue, Hereditary Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b.1969, son of Richard Fürst zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and of his wife, née Princess Benedikte of Denmark) is engaged to marry Carine Axelsson.

http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/2006_2.html

It may well be true, but Point de Vue has a very loose and misleading interpretation of "engaged" and will use the term fiancé to describe long-term girlfriends.

Does his former girlfriend/fiance was on official family photos too?

His first engagement was announced on the Danish Royal Website and a few days later there was a Photo Session at Berleburg Castle together with his parents. I don't know if Elvire was on a Family Photo but she was present at the Funeral of Queen ingrid in November 2000.

Any current news on Gustav and Carinna?

Not much, Michelleq, but I did find an article from the Swedish paper Expressen. It's a bit dated, written last summer, but at least it's something.

The article essentially discusses the current position of Carina noting her as a soon-to-be Princess. There is a lovely photo of Carina attending Prince Philipp von Hessen and Laetitia Bechtolf wedding last June 10, 2006.

Here's the link to the article with a photo. Please click here.

Found another article from Expressen with a photo of the couple. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/Artcile with photo This article is assuming that the couple is one step closer to marriage. After having spent Christmas with the Danish royals at Fredensborg, Carina, according to this journalist will hopefully be engaged to Gustav by the fall.

It's important to remember that there still has been no confirmation of a engagement or upcoming marriage between the two. Nonetheless, Princess Benedickte has noted many times before, to the press, that she "elated" about the relationship between Gustav and Carina.

Carina looks very lovely and I'm sure she will make a fine, new edition to the Danish Royal clan. Thanks for providing photos, GlitteringTiaras :flowers:.

No problem, Flctylu.

There's a new article in a German paper called Westfalenpost link to article dated Feb. 28, 2007.

My German is below average, but I believe it states something about renovating Schloss Berleberg's Lock Museum which houses various art collections, hunting gear, porcelain and engraved glasses. I believe it also says that Carina over saw various renovations and the like.

If there are any German members who can translate, in your own words, this article, I would appreciate it.

:flowers:

*If someone does decide to translate the article from Westfalenpost, please remember not to translate it word for word, per the Royal Forum Rules, but use your own mini-translation. Hence in your own words, not the original author. Thank you*

GlitteringTiaras said:
No problem, Flctylu.

There's a new article in a German paper called Westfalenpost link to article dated Feb. 28, 2007.

My German is below average, but I believe it states something about renovating Schloss Berleberg's Lock Museum which houses various art collections, hunting gear, porcelain and engraved glasses. I believe it also says that Carina over saw various renovations and the like.

If there are any German members who can translate, in your own words, this article, I would appreciate it.

*If someone does decide to translate the article from Westfalenpost, please remember not to translate it word for word, per the Royal Forum Rules, but use your own mini-translation. Hence in your own words, not the original author. Thank you*

It's an article about the new way to treat the public at Schloß Berleburg. Berleburg Palace consists of a large estate in the historic town of Berleburg and connected parts of the palace have been used by the late princess Margareta, as guest rooms when prince Richard invites guests for hunting and housed the museum. Today Gustav and Carina live in the former appartments of his late grandmother and introduced a new concept how to deal with this part of the palace. Carina has led the restorations of some rooms which were in use by former generations of the princely house (like the breakfast room of the late princess Madeleine (1885-1976) or a card room from the times of the baroque. The idea is to show more of how life actually was and still is in the castle as, as Gustav says, it's not a museum but his family's home. To show this concept to the public the visitors actually walk on the guided tours through corridors that are used by the family (with a chance to meet and greet them) and get to see (among other rooms) a guestroom that is used when housing Royal guests.

Hope this helps.:flowers:

Thank you very much, Jo of Palatine.:flowers: I appreciate you taking the time to summarize the article.

Have you ever been to Schloß Berleburg, Jo? I've only seen exterior photos of the castle and it would be interesting to see what it looks like inside especially now after some minor restorations.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Thank you very much, Jo of Palatine.:flowers: I appreciate you taking the time to summarize the article.

Have you ever been to Schloß Berleburg, Jo? I've only seen exterior photos of the castle and it would be interesting to see what it looks like inside especially now after some minor restorations.

No, but I've been to several palaces and castles on the "Day of the museums" - which is a sunday between spring and autumn (during the tourist season) when all museums of a region make something special and you can take a drive from museum to museum. The museums of inhabited castles and palaces here in Germany often offer guided tours by the noble owner, some include rides with carriages (with or without a memeber of the noble family) or set lunches or dinners with the noble hosts. This is really fun, especially if you are interested in history because you can ask questions to your hearts delight. One day at Baldern castle, they allowed the children in one tour to dress up in the historic dresses of the princes and princesses of Oettingen (queen Victoria was a granddaughter of an Oettingen-princess as was empress Maria Theresia...) and then the princess taught the kids how to dance a little minuett while the boys could later play knight with the prince - that was very sweet!

Does anyone know anything about her other than she was a former model and childrens author? Her birthday? Where did she grow up? Her mother, I beleive, is Mexican and her father Swedish.

There is not that much information about Carina other than the facts previously mentioned.

We do know that she currently lives with Gustav in an apartment at Schloß Berleburg, she's from Santa Cruz, California (which is a beautiful area where a lot of old and new Hippies live mixed in with surfers, new age people, and artists), she has another book which came out in 2005 called Nigel Goes to France (which is available in limited edition on Amazon), and that she has been helping to restore old rooms at Schloß Berleburg along with helping to renovate stuff at Lock Museum. Her birthday is unknown, but information available says she's 31.

:)

Michelleq, http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here's an old article and photo from 2006 courtesy of Aftonbladet. The couple, along with The Crown Prince Couple and Crown Princess Victoria attended a party, October 2006, in Sweden for Count Carl Johan Bernadotte.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/DRWs kindly put together a yearly wrap up of sorts highlighting media worthy events. There are many photos of Carina and Prince Gustav including several photos of them at Grasten, participating in the annual royal hunt, and attending a football match with Mary and Fred back in November. You have to scroll down to see as well as read all the articles collected by DRWs.

they look adorable together. i also think carina will be a wonderful addition to the danish clan. hopefully they will announce a wedding soon?

rchainho said:
how long they are together?

It's been several years now. I believe they started dating back in early 2004, Rchainho.:)

Marriage, unfortunately, doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Gustav is still fighting his grandfather's will in the German courts. I'll keep an eye out for the latest news on Gustav, the will, and Carina.

On a positive note, it is clear Carina has been welcomed into the family with open arms, and has been apart of various events, non-official, with the rest of the family.

UPDATE:

More lovely close up http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/photos of Carina and Gustav from last night's Gala concert courtesy of the beautiful Dutch blog, Gekroonde Hoofden.

In the latest edition of Billed Bladet, there is an article and new photo about Carina and Gustav.

According to the journalist, Carina has been accepted by the entire Danish royal family even though the couple are not married. This can be noted by her presence at Grasten, the royal hunt last winter, the recent gala concert at Tivoli for the late Queen Ingrid, and many other non-official family shingdings.

The article goes on to say that Gustav is "enamored" with the former model now author, which can be noticed by the, "...a lot of hot glance."

Prior to the Tivoli event, Carina and Gustav arrived from Amalienborg, where they stayed along with Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard. For some reason, I believe the journalist notes that not only Princess Benedikte, but Prince Richard is completely happy that Gustav has found a lovely woman like Carina and that Richard is "...rapturous by one sons choice."

To read the latest article and to view the latest photo of the couple, please click [URL="http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=5506"]here.[/URL]

*If I made any translation mistakes, please tell me. I would be very grateful for your help.*:flowers:

Sorry, don't know much about her background. Where is she originally from? Do she and Gustav live together, and if they do or don't, where do they live?

It's good that the family has accepted her. I think that's one of the most important aspects of being involved with someone in a royal family.

acdc1 said:
Sorry, don't know much about her background. Where is she originally from? Do she and Gustav live together, and if they do or don't, where do they live?

It's good that the family has accepted her. I think that's one of the most important aspects of being involved with someone in a royal family.

Carinas parrents is from Mexico and Sweeden but i don´t know wher she was born :ermm:

She is living together with Gustav at Berleburg palac in Germany.
She has been writing som books for children but it don´t know if she still do that.

Carina is from Santa Cruz, California. She grew up in the mountains and has a life long love for "...European history, decorating, country life..."

Before becoming an author of two children's books, Carina was another model living in Paris. When her career stalled, she went to work for a friend who was a design artist. There she made cards and something else that I cannot think of at the moment.

Some time later, she came up with the idea for a story about a dragon living in Hyde Park. Nigel is the title of the book in which Carina drew all of the cartoons highlighted in the series.

She met Gustav sometime in early 2004 (around January I believe). Soon the couple were quite serious. Carina finally moved in with Gustav at Schloss Berleburg (the castle) in Germany. Billed Bladet reported that the town of Bad Berleburg adores Carina, and that she is active in the local schools as well as restoring parts of the castle. She also has been working to restore the museum and so forth.

Carinas parrents is from Mexico and Sweeden but i don´t know wher she was born

He mother is of Mexican descent (nationality: American), her father is Swedish (though I am not sure if he is an nationalized American citizen.)

She was born in California.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Carina is from Santa Cruz, California. She grew up in the mountains and has a life long love for "...European history, decorating, country life..."

Before becoming an author of two children's books, Carina was another model living in Paris. When her career stalled, she went to work for a friend who was a design artist. There she made cards and something else that I cannot think of at the moment.

Some time later, she came up with the idea for a story about a dragon living in Hyde Park. Nigel is the title of the book in which Carina drew all of the cartoons highlighted in the series.

She met Gustav sometime in early 2004 (around January I believe). Soon the couple were quite serious. Carina finally moved in with Gustav atSchloss Berleburg (the castle) in Germany. Billed Bladet reported that the town of Bad Berleburg adores Carina, and that she is active in the local schools as well as restoring parts of the castle. She also has been working to restore the museum and so forth.

He mother is of Mexican descent (nationality: American), her father is Swedish (though I am not sure if he is an nationalized American citizen.) She was born in California.

that's quite an interesting history carina has. i'm sure with all the restoration and the work she is doing in the town, she gained an insight into royal life, i'm sure she will be a good princess....

there doesn't seem to be any scandals out there of her modelling period either.

She's probably a great girl. I like hearing that she helps out with the schools there!

Here is a short clip of Gustav and Carina along with the rest of the DRF from the recent Gala concert at Tivoli in honor of the late Queen Ingrid.

You will notice the couple towards the end of the program walking behind Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard. :flowers:

What is the latest news about the last will of Gustav´s grandfather? Wonder what Carina´s future might be if there´s no solution. She won´t wait forever to get married, since she´s in her early or mid thirties already...(Somebody who knows her exact date of birth?)

From what I understand the suit in still in the German courts. So far, no reports of any resolution or judgement. Unfortunately, I believe this situation may not be resolved for quite some time.

Whether or not the couple end up getting married, it is clear that Carina is apart of the family. Princess Benedikte has said she "adores" her, and finds her to be the one for her son, Gustav.

As for Carina's age, I believe she is in her early thirties; her exact birthday, I have no idea.

A new photo and here behind Mary from the Fleming christening of Carina and Gustav. I hate her outfit, but nonetheless, they look fantastic together.

Photo orginally found and posted by Lucidu.

More fantastic photos can be found at the beautiful blog, Gekroonde Hoofden. The second photo of Carina is unfortunate, but whatever.

In more Carina and Gustav news, the paper Expressen is claiming that the couple are engaged and will be married soon. Unfortunately, the writer forgot to note that Will is still being dragged through the courts, and until it is finalized there won't be any wedding.

Nonetheless, it's a sweet story with a nice giant photo of a smiling Carina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom