Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carina is calculating gold digger woman who just wants to become a German princess. She is playing her "role" perfectly. Now she dresses and behaves like a princess. Secret of success: Behave and dress like who would like to become!This is what she learned in the fashion business.

The Nigel award, attending royal engagements are all PR strategy in order to prove the German court that she does something useful in spite of her model career. Each model and actress wants to have force a wealthy or nobel man to married. I wonder why we are able to find only two pictures of her model career because maybe she has nude photos as well .

:ermm:Um, that's a tad harsh, don't you think, Guido? Although I don't agree with you, could you please tell us why and how you came to this conclusion that she is a "golddigger"? What evidence do you have to support your claim? Did you date her or something? It is a fact, afterall, that she was finanicially stable prior to meeting Gustav as well as having a successful career not only as a model, but more importantly as an illustrator and an author of two books plus one more coming out soon.

She´s still not a princess and probably never will be because of that dumb will. If Gustav loves her and she doesn´t mind him not to marry her (ever) then what´s the problem? I´d call some members of royal families "social climbers" (f.i. Carlos Morales) but who cares? If they were married by royals then it´s their problem to live with.

[URL="http://www.pressefotografforbundet.dk/img/obj111-w520h344.jpg"]Here[/URL] are two [URL="http://www.pressefotografforbundet.dk/img/obj10-w520h346.jpg"]images[/URL] of Carina when she accompanied HRH Crown Princess Mary to the whatchamacallit event on March 15, 2008. I must say that she looks completely different in the first mega close-up shot (or maybe it's my giant computer screen thus making various images look bigger than they are), and she is wearing very heavy foundation and eyebrow shadow. Way too much. Nevertheless, I still like her despite the pancake foundation.;) Also, there has been some confusion on the 'Net in regards to her ethnicity. Carina is Mexican-American and Swedish. Her nationality is American. Born and raised. Her mother is Mexican-American. Simply put: Carina is not European.
*Photo links courtesy and property of [URL="http://www.pressefotografforbundet.dk/index.php?id=9955"]Pressefotografforbundet [/URL]and Søren Steffen.

Last edited:
OMG, this woman wears very-heavy make up! No wonder she was a model. I wonder how she looks without any foundation.

Last edited:
Probably the same, Guido. I'm really curious, and I mean this in a polite manner, but why so much animosity towards Carina?

Just look around the world. Everbody knows that the most models and actresses are gold digger who hunt after wealthy men. For example Heather Mills, Carla Bruni and many many other famous and less-known models and actresses. Each of them wants to have a rich and infuential man married.

Last edited:
Guido, I have to say that this is not the first time on this forum that you seem to have shown such incredible animosity towards women in general. There are a number of other threads where you have stated things such as "motherhood is not a job" etc. So I would really like to know, respectfully and in all genuine curiosity, the same as GT. Why the criticism?

How long has Carina been in the picture as a permanent girlfriend of Gustav?? To my knowledge they are still not engaged.....does Carina actually do anything???

They've been involved for 3 or 4 years. They are still not engage because Gustav is still fighting to overturn that will. Carina was a model and does somehing with children's books now I think.

Yes, Carina writes childrens books. There is more information posted earlier in the thread regarding Nigel (one of her characters) and a foundation/prize that was set up in Bad Berleburg

what exactly says the will?

Lengthy details as well as thorough discussions regarding the Will can be found at the beginning of this topic.

Cliff Notes version: Gustav must marry an Aryan, Protestant, and Noble women.

Here is a small summary from her book, [URL="http://www.bief.org/zoom/?fuseaction=cover&cover=9782843235696L.jpg"]Nigel of Hyde Park[/URL] published in 2004:

Did you know that since the beginning of time all parks have been ruled by dragons? And that today the descendants of those first ancient dragons still wield power over a green empire that stretches across the globe? Nigel (His Divine Highness Prince Nigel Arthur Alfred George, Prince of Hyde. Earl of Kensington, Hereditary Pendragon of England) watches over a very special park, the most famous park in all of England. The Queen has decided it is time that Nigel became king... but Nigel is scared of everything. He is scared of the dark, he is scared of monsters, he is scared of deep water, he is scared of spiders and spooky noises. How, he asks himself, will he be able to control a kingdom when he is scared of everything? This simple and sweet tale recounts how and where Nigel finally finds courage. A walk through Hyde Park will never be the same!

Finally, she is on the cover of the Swedish magazine, [URL="http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/FileOrganizer/Svensk%20Damtidning/startsidan%20puffar/Vecka%2014/omslagnr15.jpg"]Svensk Dam Tidning[/URL]

Last edited:
Carina & Mary seem to be good friends

Just look around the world. Everbody knows that the most models and actresses are gold digger who hunt after wealthy men. For example Heather Mills, Carla Bruni and many many other famous and less-known models and actresses. Each of them wants to have a rich and infuential man married.

Carla Bruni was born into a very wealthy family and, unlike Carina, Carla was a successful model who earned millions of dollars on her own merit. She is probably wealthier than Sarkozy so 'golddigger' wouldn't be an appropriate term for her.

Couldn't Gustav and Carina just be a couple in love, why does Carina have to be a golddigger just because Gustav is wealthy? There is no guarantee the will can be overturned in court and it is a legal battle that could last many years, I really don't think someone so young and beautiful would willingly give up many years of her life on the off chance she may become a princess. Gustav's family seem to have accepted Carina into the family and as has been said many times on this board the Royal Families are very good at weeding out the golddiggers.

Couldn't Gustav and Carina just be a couple in love, why does Carina have to be a golddigger just because Gustav is wealthy? There is no guarantee the will can be overturned in court and it is a legal battle that could last many years, I really don't think someone so young and beautiful would willingly give up many years of her life on the off chance she may become a princess. Gustav's family seem to have accepted Carina into the family and as has been said many times on this board the Royal Families are very good at weeding out the golddiggers.

Gustav's family has accepted Carina with open arms. Princess Benedikte has invited Carina to several official events in Bad Berleburg as well as in one Denmark. Furthermore, the DRF has lovingly welcomed her too. We also know that she has met the royals from Sweden (journalists in the latter country love to report about her as well.)

By the way, I read somewhere in which an incredibly naive person noted that the couple are, in fact, engaged. Nice thought, but no. That is incorrect. Yes, Carina has a beautiful diamond and ruby ring on her finger, but Gustav has said, previously, that they are not engaged.

Last edited:
Guido, I have to say that this is not the first time on this forum that you seem to have shown such incredible animosity towards women in general. There are a number of other threads where you have stated things such as "motherhood is not a job" etc. So I would really like to know, respectfully and in all genuine curiosity, the same as GT. Why the criticism?

Please don't twist my words! Why do you bring up another thread here? when I said motherhood isn't a job, I meant motherhood isn't such a job as someone studied at university and get a degree.

Don't you find odd that celebrity women always marry a wealthy, influential and noble men. It is No accident. It is sad but true. A rich person can be social climber. Being wealthy is not the same like high positon or blue blood. People were not born yesterday.

By the way, negative opinion is part of freedom of speech. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I know that many girls love the sugared pink fairytales but unfortunately life is not a fairytale.

Last edited:
Sigh ... It's hard to tell. First of all, can I just say : Carina is a breathtaking beauty. If she is a golddigger or not, who can tell. But so if she is? What does it really matter .. our opinion sure won't prevent these two from getting married. Yep, I think they look very in love. They wil have beautiful kids some day, if they have kids, which I hope they will.

Anyways, any news on when the wedding could be ? I think we can assume that it won't be this summer. Summer '09 perhaps ?

Carina and Mary seem to get along very well ! :flowers:

Please don't twist my words! Why do you bring up another thread here?

Guido, no one has twisted your words. I fully understand the context and underlying tone of what you are saying. Unfortunately, you have made it quite clear that you honestly believe that a majority of women, specifically ex-Models, are golddiggers. In Carina's case, you are obviously speculating. There is absolutely no solid evidence to support your claims. If you can provide links to legitimate sources, please do so.

Don't you find odd that celebrity women always marry a wealthy, influential and noble men.

That's because they run in the same social circle. Many nobles are involved in the art, banking, and fashion world. Thus are invited to many of the shows, personally know the designers, and eventually get to personally know those behind the scenes, including models, on an intimate level. It makes sense. Furthermore, it should be made known that the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg's are not as wealthy as you seem to believe Guido. Prince Richard gave an interview some time ago, in which he addressed his financial situation. The link to the German article is noted in several posts above.

I know that many girls love the sugared pink fairytales but unfortunately life is not a fairytale.

Wow! You just gave yourself away big time.;)

Anyways, any news on when the wedding could be ? I think we can assume that it won't be this summer. Summer '09 perhaps ?

As the will as yet to be overturned, I can only speculate they won't be getting married any time soon. They haven't announced an engagement yet, either. So it's just wait and see for them.

I'm genuinely baffled

I'm genuinely baffled as to the dichotomy of opinion of Carina expressed here.

I see many posters saying how sweet she is, how good she is, and I wonder - what's the evidence for that?

I see other posters decrying her, and I think - what's the evidence for that?

My own opinion is this: it's easy to love a man who is young, wealthy, and handsome. If he can never marry you because of a legally enforceable will, but you can enjoy the benefits of his wealth and attention (including your children being able to inherit,) then why not play the game for all its worth? What's the downside? None.

Time is not on their side in the fertility game, to be sure; one presumes that the couple is waiting for the courts to rule definitively against overturning the will before having a child out of wedlock, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem if the courts rule in the next two years. If it goes beyond that, then they will have gambled a great deal; however, as we have seen in other Royal/Imperial families, a little bit of medical assistance goes a long way in the reproduction arena.

I'm not saying she doesn't have some talents somewhere.

This person, however, is essentially a cypher: expert at projecting a certain aura and appearance (as she is through her modeling experience;)) then what evidence is there of her "sweetness" and "goodness?" Being the author of books didn't make Princess Michael of Kent particularly likeable, if I recall correctly.

Bluntly, a bare skimming of the Gotha can deliver a large number of suitable candidates for this Prince, as they could have for Haakon or Felipe.

If he chooses to make this woman his life partner, then there may be a price to be paid for that. Clearly, he doesn't think he should have to pay any price at all. Few things are that simple.

Evidence that I found for this claim which led me to believe that she is a nice girl: Firsthand, accounts from casual royal journalists who have covered small weddings in Germany and have encountered Carina and Gustav. I trust their judgement. Other sources include local German papers that have reported on her activities in Bad Berleburg. Do you honestly believe a golddigger would spend her time helping the children of Bad Berleburg, help to restore the schloss, and setting up a Arts and Literature Award just for the heck of it? No, I don't believe so. Golddiggers wouldn't waste their time on anyone else except themselves and the man they are trying to entrap. Moreover, once they found out their victim was not as wealthy as they assumed they leave them in a heartbeat. Marriage is the sole goal of a golddigger. They do not wait around for two, three, four years, and so on to have a giant ring placed on their fingers. They want to be married pronto. If it takes their significant other more than a year, they move on to their next target.

In regards to Gustav's family, I believe Princess Benedikte would have never accepted Carina if she honestly believed she was out for Gustav's money (rather lack of it.) Instead, Princess Benedikte has welcomed her with open arms and has publicly stated l"... we like her..." The Princess has also invited her to several official events, but I already noted that several posts above. Overall, she is the key person whose judgement has more "weight."

Now let me say it is quite easy for me to spot a golddigger a mile away. I don't know where you live, but here in L.A., they are everywhere. The fact that Carina was a model and knows how to "act" for the camera may be true, but one can see through those who are being "fake" ... or at least I can.

So there you go...

:)

New York, actually

Since you seem to have delivered that missive to me (although at no point did I refer to Carina as a "golddigger,") I am from New York.

Where, of course, there are simply no golddiggers at all. I would find myself at a loss entirely to determine the attributes of such a person, since none could ever be found in Manhattan or the outer boroughs...or Long Island...or Connecticut...or Westchester County...

Since you seem to have delivered that missive to me (although at no point did I refer to Carina as a "golddigger,") I am from New York.

No, it was general and I was answering your question which seemed to be directed towards all members. If I wanted to be specific I would have out your name down.:)

Now back on topic:

Have you had a chance to read about Carina and Gustav prior to this recent "golddigger discussion?" Or is this your first time hearing and reading detailed discussions regarding the Will, the family, official and non official events, Carina, Gustav, Bad Berleburg, and so forth?

:)

Carina and Mary

I don't know if this has been addressed before but it appears to me that Mary and Carina being close is a no-brainer. They both share English as their first language and are of a similar age. Perhaps they are of a similar background as well. I realize that The U.S. and Australia are two different countries but usually the people of those countries can forge an easy friendship. This could be the reason that Carina and Mary are often seen together. I would imagine that the women are close and their husbands are cousins and similar in age. Actually, I think it would be odd if they weren't friendly and didn't socialize.

:ermm:Um, that's a tad harsh, don't you think, Guido? Although I don't agree with you, could you please tell us why and how you came to this conclusion that she is a "golddigger"? What evidence do you have to support your claim? Did you date her or something? It is a fact, afterall, that she was finanicially stable prior to meeting Gustav as well as having a successful career not only as a model, but more importantly as an illustrator and an author of two books plus one more coming out soon.

How is it a fact that she was financially stable before meeting Gustav? She had a short and failed modeling career because of her lack of height, her excess of poundage, big nose and bad teeth (most models make rather little money unless they become internationally known supermodels - not the case with Carina). She wrote a couple of little books but there is no money in children's literature unless you are a prolific writer with a worldwide audience (again, not the case with Carina) and this fact can be proven with a call to any publishing house. Books for small children are very inexpensive and it would take phenomenal sales to make significant money. Even if she earned a million euro that's not to say that she isn't up to her neck in credit card debit or loans. It can happen.

I don't think Carina is a golddigger at all but find no evidence that it is a fact that she was stable in terms of finances.

How is it a fact that she was financially stable before meeting Gustav

She worked for John Galliano whilst going to Ecole Boulle school. Once she graduated she was a successful illustrator in Paris. Thus she was able to take care of herself financially.

She had a short and failed modeling career because of her lack of height, her excess of poundage, big nose and bad teeth (most models make rather little money unless they become internationally known supermodels - not the case with Carina

And how do you know this? I would love to read your legit sources confirming your "...short and failed modeling career because of her lack of height, her excess of poundage, big nose and bad teeth..." statement. Please do so.
Furthermore, I guess appearing in French Vogue and Marie Claire, to name a few, is a utter failure for models.

She wrote a couple of little books but there is no money in children's literature unless you are a prolific writer with a worldwide audience (again, not the case with Carina) and this fact can be proven with a call to any publishing house. Books for small children are very inexpensive and it would take phenomenal sales to make significant money.

Actually, her books were and still are quite popular; plus she was still an illustrator when the first Nigel book came out. Money. Financially stable. Hence not broke, poor and living in the gutter.

Even if she earned a million euro that's not to say that she isn't up to her neck in credit card debit or loans. It can happen.

I don't think Carina is a golddigger at all but find no evidence that it is a fact that she was stable in terms of finances.

Well, if she was living in Paris since 1995, worked as a model then decided to go back to school, worked for Galliano, then finally worked as a successful illustrator I believe she was financially stable hence Carina was able to support herself. You must be thinking in terms of being a millionaire, but I'm not. Obviously, she was able to take care of herself thus it is easy to deduce that she was far from being poor and financially unstable.

Fashion industry pays peanuts. People who work in the fashion industry make peanuts. Working for a major designer does not mean that she earned any money at all. There is no proof other than the tabloid magazine that she worked for Galliano and, if she did, what kind of work did she do. Get coffee? Based on her wardrobe choices, she knows even less than Mary about fashion and style so I doubt she assisted in the design process.

The proof that she is a failed model is that she failed to get more than a couple of jobs in a period of a few years. Successful models careers don't stall at such a young age. Anyone - literally anyone - can be in Marie Claire or French Vogue once. Most of the people I know in NYC have been in the glossy pages on more than one occassion. It doesn't make them a model at all let alone a successful one. It is hard to dispute that she is short, chubby, and has a big nose and bad teeth with a huge gap. The older she gets the homelier she gets. The agencies saw this coming and dumped her for being a bad bet hence her career stalled. It happens to failed models all the time.

Do you have the updated sales figures for Nigel? How could you possibly know that is still selling well around the world? Even so that doesn't mean that she got any money for it besides an advance and advances (and royalties) in children's literature are minute and royalties payment schedules are not built into every contract.

You equate supporting herself and not living in a gutter with being financially stable. The two have little to do with each other. People support themselves every day but most are only one paycheck away from homelessness. Financially stable is a different level altogether. That would indicates savings, investments and assets. Living in Paris but doing the menial work that Carina did indicates that she supported herself but in a hand-to-mouth manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom