The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It was a coincedence I suppose, Ashelen.

First, Netty found the information and posted it on the other forum on June 30, 2008. Then it was posted on TRF's and finally published elsewhere.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
It was a coincedence I suppose, Ashelen.

First, Netty found the information and posted it on the other forum on June 30, 2008. Then it was posted on TRF's and finally published elsewhere.
thankyou so much for your info, I wonder how was their reaction? didn't wikpedia too had her date of birth? for whatreason they wanted to hide it so much? i tell you honest, i feel very sorry for her,

Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I have a question. I apologize if it is a stupid question, but I´m not very familiarized with the Will.
Why Prince Gustav's father, Prince Richard does not change the Will. Is he in the right of do it?

Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Prince Richard cannot change the will, as it was his father's (the elder Prince Gustav). Richard was bypassed in the will by his father (Richard's firstborn son was named Prince Gustav's heir) to avoid death taxes.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Just a note of correction, NAP:

It was Netty Lestria from the Nobiliana Forums who researched and found, on the California State Records, Carina's detailed information including her age. It was then posted here on TRF's days later then picked up by the press.

In addition, we don't know if she attended high school in Santa Clara (somewhere in Santa Cruz is more likeky since it has been confirmed via her bio from her Literary agent, that she grew up there) per se. However, we do know she was born in Santa Clara County.
Hi GT. One of the articles published about Axelsson and numerous other models included the information that she attended high school in California (Santa Clara County) and that it was after graduating that she moved to NYC.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Prince Richard cannot change the will, as it was his father's (the elder Prince Gustav). Richard was bypassed in the will by his father (Richard's firstborn son was named Prince Gustav's heir) to avoid death taxes.
I guess that the only one who can figth the will is the supreem court in Hagg or am i wrong about this ?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
thankyou so much for your info, I wonder how was their reaction? didn't wikpedia too had her date of birth? for whatreason they wanted to hide it so much? i tell you honest, i feel very sorry for her,
Hi Ashlen, wikipedia did not have her date of birth. It wasn't until it was published here that Wiki picked it up.Actually, her entry over at Wiki has been nominated twice for deletion as being not "suitably notable."

Why the lack of confirmation about her age? Who knows? When I have a bad day and have a glass of wine, I beg the waitstaff to demand age ID from me, just for instant ego boost

From my prior post:
Quote:
... In one blog, it is stated that Axelsson does not know how to speak English; she was born, raised, and attended high school in Santa Clara, California - English is her first language. For a long time, her age was a movable feast - anywhere from 32 to 36, but never her actual age of 39 (at the time)...
That's all.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
From my prior post:

That's all.
But it has been noted that she grew up in the Santa Cruz Mountains, which is apart of Santa Clara County. So which is it?

Per her literary agent Andrew Nurnberg and Associates (with whom I trust more than a fan blog):

Quote:
Children's author and illustrator, Carina Axelsson was born in Santa Clara, California and grew up running wild in the Santa Cruz Mountains south of San Francisco. After high school she moved to New York City then on to Paris where she studied art and published her first book. Today she lives in the forests of Northern Germany with her boyfriend and two dogs.
It doesn't say she attended HS in city of Santa Clara, which is north of San Jose and miles from the main towns within the Santa Cruz mountains where she apparently grew up (which may include her teen HS years.) For all we know she could have attended HS in Los Gatos... I'm just looking for solid evidence and not from Wikipedia either.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Courtier

I was pretty clear that I did not say that she attended Santa Clara High School. I really don't know what else I could say that would make that more clear.

As to her "running wild" (insert wild eyeroll to match) in the Santa Cruz mountains, I imagine that her literary agent was taking literary license to describe her wild and free recreational joys, underlining her outdoorsy sense of easy breezy life. I'm not picturing that she actually grew up running wild in the Santa Cruz mountains, a la the character of "Nell" from the movie Nell, as played by Jodie Foster and co-starring Liam Neeson.

If you really want to know where she went to high school, though, have you tried www.mylife.com or www.classmates.com or www.reunion.com? There's also the old fashioned way of researching via yearbooks.

I totally agree about Wikipedia, by the way. I write articles for them on some other historic figures and the quality of the pages is wildly divergent. My firm is very, er, firm that any research cannot use Wiki as a source; I go to the sources on the articles themselves if I go to Wiki for my own professional use.

ETA - oh, I caught your meaning there about where she went to high school being referenced from blogs. It was an article in the New York Times. Although they recently changed hands, I think the old grey lady is fairly un-blog-y as yet. Who knows a year from now? At least Murdoch didn't get her.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Courtier

I have asked the question as to whether Carina spends time with Alexandra and Nathalie before, yet I have never seen a post to verify; only the wedding where she was first seen. Recently, for Prince Henriek's birthday, you see Alexandra talking with Mary and Victoria, but not with Carina.

Any feedback?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I have never seen photos of Carina with either of Gustav's sisters, but perhaps another poster has? It is difficult to know by looking at photos, or the lack thereof, if she has a close relationship with Nathalie and Alexandra. I've only seen her in photos with Gustav, Princess Benedikte, and the extended DRF.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Courtier

michelleq and sgl - nor have I. It was reported here that Axelsson appeared on the DRF Christmas card for 2008, but it was never posted here so I can't verify that in any way.

Some have asked what sources I use. I generally use Lexis-Nexis to search major media. Yes, there's a charge but it's accurate information. Good stuff.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Several posts (and replies to said posts) have been deleted due the shear speculative nature of the comments offered.

Please make sure that your opinions are based on reliable published reports in compliance with the Zero Tolerance Policy and TRF Rules

Since no information has been provided by the family, we will cease to speculate about 1) the type of relationship that exists between Gustav and Carina; 2) the reasons why Gustav is challenging his Grandfather's will in the courts.

Please remember, you don't have to like Gustav and/or Carina, but your posts must be respectful nonetheless. Words such as money grabbing, gold digging, money hungry, etc to describe their behaviour or character are unacceptable.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator
Old 07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is an article (in French) that talks about a children's book written by Carina Axelsson:

Carina Axelsson et le petit prince Nigel | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Billed-Bladet has a photo article about Carina in honor of her upcoming 41st birthday:

Billed-Bladet - Carina Axelsson - Prins Gustavs smukke kæreste

The title says, "Carina Axelsson-Prince Gustav's Beautiful Sweetheart". The article says that Gustav and Carina have known each other for seven years, and that the residents of Bad Berleburg refer to her as Frau Axelsson, even though she isn't married. It also talks about the children's books that she has written, and mentions that she is originally from California.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

I have noticed a couple of things whilst following Carina, the first is that despite being one of the more exquisite looking royals/datingmarrying royals, she is starting to look her age, I wish they could tie the knot b4 she hits her 50's, Even if it worked for Pss Lilian of Sweden, it might not work here. The second thing is the fact that I do think she is friendlier with the Cpss than with the Berleberg princesses. It could be a natural result of chemistry, or the fact that they both have commoner backgrounds, or the fact that Natalie and Alexandra, being minor royals, are more particular whom they associate with. the latter I have found very true, esp here in the UK. the royals are marrying and hanging around with commoners, whilst the upper class, aristocracy etc. still find it terribly important to be around and marry their social equals.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

Glittering Tiaras mentioned that Carina dressed very differently earlier in the courtship (more matronly). Can someone post pics?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

You can find all of her fashion choices in her own discussion in the Royal House of Fashion sub forum.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You can find all of her fashion choices in her own discussion in the Royal House of Fashion sub forum.
I saw that thread but did not see old photos of her with Gustav where she looked matronly...

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I don't know what to tell you.

All the collected images of Carina's style (past and present; with and without Gustav) are in her own topic in the RHofF sub-forum. As for me calling her style "matronly", well, it's all subjective.

Tags
carina axelsson, prince gustav, prince gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg