The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 06-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: -, Niue
Posts: 92
I agree with Guido, michelleq, GlitteringTiaras, LauraMCS and Jo of Palatine about this topics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
...
I wonder when she started to wright the Nigel ? After she met Prince Gustav or before? This relationship is a very good promotion for her books that she has been dating a German prince. On the other hand I don't understand why she wants to help in restoring the Bad Berleburg castle? She never studied restoration unless by this means she would like to make a good impression on Gustav's parents.

The nigel award is ricidulous because it was named after Carina's animal hero who is a silly crocodile. By the way I don't think that she has established this prize. This award is founded by Gustav and her mother Benedikte in order to improve Carina's public image. It seems that Nigel award is just a PR strategy whereby they would like to influence the court. It showes that she does something useful thing in Berleburg. She doesn't have to work a lot on her children's book because her book is huge size, thin and includes a lots of drawing and very few sentences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
...
she is "acting" the role admirably. She is always looking at the camera, ready for her shot. Yet at the Hesse wedding in 2006, she barely looked up on her way to the wedding.

If you look at photos of her as Grasteen, you will see her looking at the cameras or looking at Mary. She is mimicking Mary rather well. If you pay attention, her manner of dress has become very similar to Mary's also. She is not sitting with me. I wish Gustav true happiness, but as this drama is continuing, it appears (to me) that Carina has assimilated herself into this family almost as if she is more royal/princely than they are. I feel that Benedikte and Richard just want Gustav happy, esp. after the Elvire incidentt. You really never see her with Nathalie or Alexandra. She is around Mary more.

Now, don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want to be a princess with a castle, with a handsome prince? But she is just coming off just a bit too phony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
...
She is playing her "role" perfectly. Now she dresses and behaves like a princess. Secret of success: Behave and dress like who would like to become!...

The Nigel award, attending royal engagements are all PR strategy in order to prove the German court that she does something useful in spite of her model career.
... I wonder why we are able to find only two pictures of her model career ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Here are two images of Carina when she accompanied HRH Crown Princess Mary to the whatchamacallit event on March 15, 2008. I must say that she looks completely different in the first mega close-up shot, and she is wearing very heavy foundation and eyebrow shadow. Way too much. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
OMG, this woman wears very-heavy make up! No wonder she was a model. I wonder how she looks without any foundation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMCS View Post
How is it a fact that she was financially stable before meeting Gustav? She had a short and failed modeling career because of her lack of height, her excess of poundage, big nose and bad teeth (most models make rather little money unless they become internationally known supermodels - not the case with Carina). She wrote a couple of little books but there is no money in children's literature unless you are a prolific writer with a worldwide audience (again, not the case with Carina) and this fact can be proven with a call to any publishing house. Books for small children are very inexpensive and it would take phenomenal sales to make significant money. Even if she earned a million euro that's not to say that she isn't up to her neck in credit card debit or loans. It can happen.

I don't think Carina is a golddigger at all but find no evidence that it is a fact that she was stable in terms of finances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
GT, thank you very much for posting this information.
I read the article in the original at Kellerschätze der Fürstenfamilie an das Tageslicht befördert Carina Axelsson hat für das "Münzzimmer" ein Jahr lang nach Bildern gesucht - Bad Berleburg - DerWesten
but there they said that Carina is the lifecompanion/Lebensgefhrtin of prince Gustav?

Quote: ""Ich habe gesucht und gesucht", erzhlt die Lebensgefhrtin von Prinz Gustav." End of quote.

Probably they changed it after you found the article.

BTW - in Germany you can have a "registered life-companionship" which gives the couple some rights formerly reserved for married couples, like inheritance rights, right to care and decide for the partner who is incapable of doing so himself, other social rights etc.

Maybe that's what Gustav and Carina did decide on as long as the infamous will is still valid and why she wore a princesses' tiara at Joachim's wedding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
The "eingetragene Lebensgemeinschaft" was created in 2001 by law to allow homosexual couples to "marry". So the procedure is similar to a marriage in the registry office. During the last years the law has involved - before marriage was especially protected by our constitution, so certain rights simply were unavailable for same-sex couples. But when these possibilities were offered to homosexual couples, it was thought that they cannot be denied hetero-couples as well, married or not. So the law now offers certain possibilities to unmarried hetero couples as well, who can create contracts and sign them which gives them similar rights to married couples. It is not really an official status but some legal agreements which before had only been for married couples can now be made for unm arried couples as well, eg when it comes to children, their upbringing, their inheritance etc.

So, but that's merely my guess, Gustav could have gotten more rights to his children by Carina in exchange for her to get certain "widow"-rights, like a right to stay for the rest of her lif in the castle, a right to an apanage etc. Through that, in fact, Carina would have a right of staying in Berleburg and they in fact could have created a status similar to a princess for her.

But I have no more information about that, though it would make sense.
As for the will, I personally think there is ma good chance to overturn it at least in the "aryan" part. The "noble" part is up to today's interpretation hopefully, so queen Margrethe could help and protestant - we've seen with Marie and Autumn that this isn't really a problem for most people nowadays.
LauraMCS, you mean that Carina Axelsson wrote a couple of little books, but I heard only about one: "Nigel".

We are able to find only two pictures of her model career because it was not a really successful career.

Carina always wears very, very-heavy make up, she has no eyebrows

About the "eingetragene Lebensgemeinschaft" ("registered life-companionship"), I presume they ready discovered this possibility and this is their ace when the judge says "is no way to change the will".

The 2nd royal wedding that Carina attends in Germany was in Schloss Berleburg, where Princess Vanessa zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg had her reception and her wedding was held at the local church on September 9, 2007. Vanessa is a close relative of Gustav
__________________

__________________
  #282  
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,044
Why this bashing of Carina? She and Gustav fell in love - and both are old enough to know what responsibilites that involves. Gustav's family has accepted her and according to one interview with Princess Benedicte - they adore her. Carina is staying with Gustav despite the hinder that the will is to them getting married. She always look very appropriatey dressed.

They could very well be engaged and have made a committment to stay together for the rest of their lives regardless of the outcome of the will. They are handling a very difficult situation with class and maturity.

Perhaps the posts here could reflect the same.
__________________

__________________
  #283  
Old 06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
you mean that Carina Axelsson wrote a couple of little books, but I heard only about one: "Nigel".
Nigel is a series. Two have been publishd so far with the third installment on the way.

Quote:
Carina always wears very, very-heavy make up, she has no eyebrows
So do a lot of people who are attending events hence know that they will be photographed even the current crop of princesses in Europe wear heavy camera ready make-up... so what's your point?


Quote:
About the "eingetragene Lebensgemeinschaft" ("registered life-companionship"), I presume they ready discovered this possibility and this is their ace when the judge says "is no way to change the will".
Speculation.


Quote:
The 2nd royal wedding that Carina attends in Germany was in Schloss Berleburg, where Princess Vanessa zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg had her reception and her wedding was held at the local church on September 9, 2007. Vanessa is a close relative of Gustav

Wrong. She attended several other noble weddings in Germany.


Quote:
Have you ever seen Carina Axelsson attending an aristocratic event out of Denmark since June 2006?
Why, yes... yes I have. Next question.

Adelheid, I'm not sure why you are so aggressive towards Carina and her relationship Prince Gustav, but the fact is Ms. Axelsson is here to stay.

__________________
  #284  
Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: -, Niue
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post

She attended several other noble weddings in Germany.

Why, yes... yes I have. Next question.
Please GlitteringTiaras, tell me when and where, I would like to see the pictures and read the news about it.
Thanks
__________________
  #285  
Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheid View Post
Please GlitteringTiaras, tell me when and where, I would like to see the pictures and read the news about it.
Thanks




Also, in your right hand mid corner there is a Search button, which will give you all the topics in conjunction with you, inquiry. You should also check the Swedish and noble and non-reigning weddings sub-forums.


__________________
  #286  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: -, Niue
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post



Also, in your right hand mid corner there is a Search button, which will give you all the topics in conjunction with you, inquiry. You should also check the Swedish and noble and non-reigning weddings sub-forums.


That's not fair GlitteringTiaras!
I search giving Carina Axelsson and I check the Swedish and noble and non-reigning weddings sub-forums, but is nothing there, no links no pictures nothing about Carina attending other aristocratic events than these I've ready mencioned.
__________________
  #287  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheid View Post
That's not fair GlitteringTiaras!
I search giving Carina Axelsson and I check the Swedish and noble and non-reigning weddings sub-forums, but is nothing there, no links no pictures nothing about Carina attending other aristocratic events than these I've ready mencioned.
What's not fair? GlitteringTiaras suggested all the tools you need for your research. Why not try Google instead of getting angry at GT to whom you should be thankful for providing much of the information in this thread.
  #288  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: -, Niue
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
What's not fair? GlitteringTiaras suggested all the tools you need for your research. Why not try Google instead of getting angry at GT to whom you should be thankful for providing much of the information in this thread.
Mandy, please ask GlitteringTiaras why has she given me these indications?

The Search button is the 1st tool I use in this or other forums, it was not a new information for me.

And you + GlitteringTiaras really think that I was waiting till you tell me that Google exists?

Are you kidding or what?
Other forum members get the links from GlitteringTiaras when these links exist!

If you don't like me, tell me directly, because the way you two chose is like mobbing.

__________________
  #289  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
... plese ask GlitteringTiaras why has she given me these indications?

Because I am very busy, Adelheid, and if you start on page one as well as research the the Crown Prince couple of Denmark and Noble and Non-Reigning Weddings sub-forum you will find what you need. Also, use Google.de. type in her name and Voil!


Quote:

If you don't like me, tell me directly, because the way you two chose is like mobbing.
Now why in the world would you think that?

BACK ON TOPIC!
__________________
  #290  
Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Viv's Avatar
Viv Viv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Funen, Denmark
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheid View Post
But it was not "a tiara event", it was a wedding, where the brides Mom and grandma, were not using tiara because they aren't royals. Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmarks girlfriend Tatiana, knows also about protocol and she was wearing no tiara at this wedding.
Without wishing to sound harsh: There appears to be no gaps in
your ignorance!

The wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier was indeed a
tiara event. Tiaras were worn not only by royals, but also by nobles and
a couple of commoners!

Tiaras are for all to wear if the invitation says "tiaras may be worn".
I have this om good authority! It was mentioned by Anna von Lowzow
who was a commentator for DR TV on the live coverage of the wedding (she
was formerly Anna Lerche of "A Royal family" TV-series fame).
Anna von Lowzow is a noblewoman herself, BTW and her sister
attended the wedding, with a tiara!

Carina Axelsson has been fully accepted by Prince Gustav's parents
and the Danish royal family. Just for the record!
And oh, by the way: My best bet is that Princess Benedikte prompted
Carina Axelsson to wear a tiara!

Viv
__________________
  #291  
Old 06-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Ireland
Posts: 629
Quote:
Have you ever seen Carina Axelsson attending an aristocratic event out of Denmark since June 2006?
Because I am stuck here on bedrest with nothing else to do I decided to go have a quick look to see what I could find for you. Here is one event that Gustav and Carina attended on 10 June 2006: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-9941.html have a look in the thread that GT suggested and you may find more.

The way that it appears to me is that because of the will situation Carina is being treated as though she and Gustav were an official couple. If there was no will then I think she would be treaded the same as any other royal girlfriend but this is a unique situation that they find themselves in and everyone is working it out as they go along.
__________________
  #292  
Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: -, Niue
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Without wishing to sound harsh: There appears to be no gaps in
your ignorance!
You don't sound harsh, you sound ordinary.

When I write royals, I'm including also nobles, I don't want to discriminate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
The wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier was indeed a tiara event. Tiaras were worn not only by royals, but also by nobles and
a couple of commoners!

Tiaras are for all to wear if the invitation says "tiaras may be worn".
I have this om good authority! It was mentioned by Anna von Lowzow
who was a commentator for DR TV on the live coverage of the wedding (she was formerly Anna Lerche of "A Royal family" TV-series fame).
Anna von Lowzow is a noblewoman herself, BTW and her sister
attended the wedding, with a tiara!
Surely, and the poor, poor mom and grandma of Marie Cavallier can not read the invitation says "tiaras may be worn", but you have read it of course.

Ana von Lowzow works for the yellow press, so she says what they want to hear.

Who the <removed crass word ~ GT> are BTW and her sister?
__________________
  #293  
Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Ireland
Posts: 629
Quote:
and the poor, poor mom and grandma of Marie Cavallier can not read the invitation says "tiaras may be worn",
Maybe they didn't want to wear one, maybe they don't own any.

Of course the wedding was a tiara event that is why people were wearing them and anyone who attended the wedding who owned a tiara could wear one if the choose to, just like Roger Moore's wife did.
__________________
  #294  
Old 06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: -, Niue
Posts: 92
Quote:
Have you ever seen Carina Axelsson attending an aristocratic event out of Denmark since June 2006?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Because I am stuck here on bedrest with nothing else to do I decided to go have a quick look to see what I could find for you. Here is one event that Gustav and Carina attended on 10 June 2006: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-9941.html have a look in the thread that GT suggested and you may find more.
A question, can you use since instead of after?

Because I wrote "since June 2006" and I mean every thing after this date.

Otherwise why do you think I mentioned specially this date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Maybe they didn't want to wear one, maybe they don't own any.

Of course the wedding was a tiara event that is why people were wearing them and anyone who attended the wedding who owned a tiara could wear one if the choose to, just like Roger Moore's wife did.
Dear Amelia Roger Moore's wife has a Lady title because her husband is Sir Roger Moore.
__________________
  #295  
Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: -, Ireland
Posts: 629
You asked if she had attended any events since June 2006, well the answer to that question is since June 2006 she has attended this one and whatever others you find. Here is a question for you outside of Denmark how many aristcratic events has Gustav attended?
__________________
  #296  
Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Let's move on from the whole Tiara Affair and When Was the Last Time Carina attended an Aristocratic Gathering, etc., etc., etc., okay?

If anyone wants to know the answer to the above questions or anything else about the couple, you will find it in this topic as well as in other sections of the Royal House of Denmark, German sub-forums, Royal Weddings sub-forums, and so forth.

Do your research. It is that simple.

Thank you.

GT
__________________
  #297  
Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: singapore, Singapore
Posts: 317
So the will still hasn't been thrown out? This is the 21st century, what is taking the courts so long?
__________________
  #298  
Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 AM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 678
Is a de-facto relationship officially recognised by law in Germany. If so, then surely Gustav and Carina can live as husband and wife with all the benefits a husband and wife are entitled to and he won't lose out on his inheritance.

Stellad
__________________
  #299  
Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: singapore, Singapore
Posts: 317
How old is Carina?
__________________
  #300  
Old 06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
How old is Carina?
She is 32, I believe.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
carina axelsson, prince gustav, prince gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion Part 2: August 2009 - dazzling Royal House of Denmark 318 08-30-2014 04:40 PM
Carina Axelsson's Fashion and Style: November 2008 - Her_Majesty Royal House of Fashion 123 05-22-2012 07:56 AM
Prince Gustav of Berleburg, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2009 toniamw Current Events Archive 76 01-10-2009 12:08 PM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 6: Oct 2007 - Sept 2008 Marengo Current Events Archive 125 09-18-2008 03:03 PM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events Part 15 : July 2007 - Aug.2008 tbhrc Current Events Archive 188 08-20-2008 10:41 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]