Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1: July 2007-Aug 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to a Swedish newspaper that recently published some news about Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson.

Scroll down to the section about January for the Gustav and Carina mention:

DET BLIR ETT KUNGLIGT FESTÅR FÖR MARY - KVP.se

Basically, the part about Gustav and Carina states that Gustav's 40th birthday is coming up. It will be celebrated (the author doesn't mention anything about how it will be celebrated). This is (according to the author) a good time for Gustav and Carina to become engaged. The author feels that the German government should be able to overturn the Aryan requirement.

Any Updates?

I've been following the story of Carina and her prince through the messages posted on this board. It's quite a story.

Are there any updates to their situation? Does anyone know how and where they spent the holidays?

I haven't heard how they spent the holidays, but if you scroll up, you will see that Carina was featured in Prince Gustav's family Christmas card.

Does anyone know how many languages Carina speaks? I believe she's fluent in English (her native language), Spanish and French. What about Danish and German?

The Danish press reported that she spoke fluently in Danish while present at an event a little while a go.

Josette

Does anyone know how many languages Carina speaks? I believe she's fluent in English (her native language), Spanish and French. What about Danish and German?

I believe that in an earlier article (I'm sorry, I can't seem to find it) Carina was asked about taking Danish lessons. She stated to the reporter that she was finding Danish easier to learn than German. I don't know if she is fluent in German, or not, but it sounds like she has definitely studied it.

Basically, the part about Gustav and Carina states that Gustav's 40th birthday is coming up. It will be celebrated (the author doesn't mention anything about how it will be celebrated).
Nothing was published about his birthday, was it?

Nothing was published about his birthday, was it?

I was never able to find anything.:bang: I wonder if they had a private celebration? Even if they did, you would think that some of the information about how they celebrated would have been released after the fact. I hope that he had a nice birthday.

There was a party, but it got called of. Prince Gustav got ill. Ofcourse there is a chance that it was celebrated later on.

Source: Billed Bladet.

Thank you, ladies!
I was looking for something, since this was a round birthday... I hope they enjoyed a nice private celebration though.

There was a party, but it got called of. Prince Gustav got ill. Ofcourse there is a chance that it was celebrated later on.

Source: Billed Bladet.

Thank you, Princess Robijn! I hope that Prince Gustav is feeling better! Do you know if they ever held a party for Carina's 40th birthday? She turned 40 back in August, and I was never able to find out if they did anything in honor of her birthday.

There was a party, no specifics.

(Source: Billed Bladet)

Gee I just finished reading all 21-pages (again). I haven't seen any picturees (or read any articles) about Carina's parents,brother or sister visiting her in Germany --- are they a close family?

How far is it from Gustav's estate to Prince Joachim's Schackenborg? Do the cousins visit back & forth??

Here is an article from Toute-Royale. It is mildly interesting. Any opinions?

The Prince & Carina in Bad Berleburg: will love prevail? « Toute Royale

Well its rather sad that her family still finds it difficult ... hopefully the future will be brighter

Does anyone know if either the Countess Alexandra (while still married to Joachim), CP Mary, or Princess Marie have ever visited Prine Richard,Princess Benedicktte,Prince Gustav and Carina in their home in Germany ???????

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, her parents recently visited Sweden according to the [URL="http://www.danvilleweekly.com/morguepdf/2007/2007_01_05.dvw.section1.pdf"]Danville Weekly[/URL]. In the paper you can see an image, located on page 7 (scroll down to see) of her parents, Bertil and Alicia in Sweden with a caption on the side (if that is them. Maybe, or not, there is more than one couple named Bertil and Alicia Axelsson living in NorCal.) In case some of you don't know, Danville is north of where Carina grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains. So if her parents were in Sweden one could deduce that they did see their daughter whilst in Europe. Or not. Who knows.

Second, Schackenborg, I don't believe, isn't exactly a half hour hop, skip, and a jump to Bad Berleburg (the latter town is located between Koln and Kassel.) So do the cousins see each other all that often without the press knowing about it? Who knows, really.

Gee I just finished reading all 21-pages (again). I haven't seen any picturees (or read any articles) about Carina's parents,brother or sister visiting her in Germany --- are they a close family?

How far is it from Gustav's estate to Prince Joachim's Schackenborg? Do the cousins visit back & forth??

Last edited:
Well, her parents recently visited Sweden according to the [URL="http://www.danvilleweekly.com/morguepdf/2007/2007_01_05.dvw.section1.pdf"]Danville Weekly[/URL]. In the paper you can see an image, located on page 7 (scroll down to see) of her parents, Bertil and Alicia in Sweden with a caption on the side (if that is them. Maybe, or not, there is more than one couple named Bertil and Alicia Axelsson living in NorCal.) In case some of you don't know, Danville is north of where Carina grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains. So if her parents were in Sweden one could deduce that they did see their daughter whilst in Europe. Or not. Who knows.

Second, Schackenborg, I don't believe, isn't exactly a half hour hop, skip, and a jump to Bad Berleburg (the latter town is located between Koln and Kassel.) So do the cousins see each other all that often without the press knowing about it? Who knows, really.

Great find, Glittering Tiaras! I have never read anything listing the names of Carina's parents, and the woman in the photo looks like she could be of Mexican descent. I am originally from California, and Danville is not very near to the Santa Cruz mountains. If this is her parents, I guess that they moved?

Carina is such a lovely woman, and I always enjoy reading about her. She and Gustav appear to be happy, and I love seeing the way that his family has embraced her (regardless of the will-situation :ermm:).

Gosh, that linked blog is nearly six months old and the authors have discontinued it. Seems like it's just a rehash of the same stuff that we've covered here exhaustively.

Nothing new to report, one supposes. Same old, same old. The couple seems fine with this arrangement. I think the next heir, though, should start educating himself on forestland management and architectural preservation: the clock is running out here. Any children that they have would not be legitimate as things stand now, and they can't marry and keep the stuff/house/forest/money/artwork/furniture/jewelry without that will being overturned. And we all know what happens to a woman's fertility after the age of 35. It's not impossible, but it becomes less than easily possible.

What I take away from that article is that her family is (rightly) worried about where this will leave her, since she's been waiting around for so long and no marriage in sight. (Other articles indicate that yes, the couple would like to marry.) And the other thing that I take away from that article is that she likes to read about herself. Hmmm.

As long as this situation remains as it is, Gustav and she get to enjoy the material wealth that his family's background affords to them. If I were her family, I would also have a bit of worry about her future; without a child who is a legal heir, when Gustav dies she could easily and lawfully be turned out of the schloss.

I've said it before: just as did his grandfather, Gustav looks to wealth preservation. Where does this leave her, as long as they are unmarried? Essentially, without a future. If she's fine with that, then she's fine with it. He certainly is. But if it were my sister/daughter, I also would be more than uneasy.

I'm a bit confused. Why is Gustav considered to be a German prince? I thought he was part of the Royal House of Denmark.

He's the Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, a county in Germany.

Billed Bladet has an article that states Carina and CP Mary are best friends. They recently visited Sweden together, and Carina attended the wedding of Caroline Fleming's sister with the CP couple.

Apparently, Prince Gustav wasn't able to attend the wedding with Carina. He is recovering from surgery. He has hurt his back, and is unable to sit comfortably. The article did not state how the prince injured himself. Poor guy!

Billed-Bladet - Mary og Carina er slyngveninder

Can anyone answer this question? I am here in the States, yet I never read or see any contact between Carina and Gustav's sisters; only Mary (her best friend), Benedikte and Richard and the Danish Royal Family. I think Prince Richard calls her the girl who likes to shop (paraphrase). Can anyone add to this with enlightment or comment?

Come to think about it, I also don't think I have seen Carina with Gustav's sisters

I have seen several photos of Carina with Gustav's sister Nathalie. The images were from the Hesse wedding several years ago and the images are floating around somewhere in this topic as well as in the Royal Weddings sub-forum.

I have seen those photos; she is walking next to Beneditke, who is next to Richard, who is next to Nathalie. There is also a photo of her in a group, next to Mary, facing Alexandra. She is also in the family group pictures from Graesten and the Christmas of 07 photo; but other than that, I have never seen her with Alexandra or Nathalie. Always with Mary. That is rather odd.

There's something about Mary (I couldn't resist).

An article about Princess Benedikte recently appeared in a Swedish newspaper in honor of her 65th birthday. It talks about her children, and specifically mentions Gustav and Carina. My very poor online translator states that Benedikte is happy that Carina is interested in helping to preserve Berleburg. The article also refers to Carina as the "Swedish fiancee", which could be due to a translation error.

Svenska Carina firar med “svärmor” Benedikte i dag | svenskdam.se

Billed Bladet has an article that states Carina and CP Mary are best friends. They recently visited Sweden together, and Carina attended the wedding of Caroline Fleming's sister with the CP couple.

Apparently, Prince Gustav wasn't able to attend the wedding with Carina. He is recovering from surgery. He has hurt his back, and is unable to sit comfortably. The article did not state how the prince injured himself. Poor guy!

Billed-Bladet - Mary og Carina er slyngveninder

Did not he have a hernia-operation?
Not necessarily an injury!
BTW I saw pictures of Carina with Alexandra SWB and also with Nathalie.
There are pics from Carina with Marie.
I think she is well integrated in the Denmark and SWB family

Is it possible for you to post the links of the photos of Carina with Alexandra and Nathalie if they are other than the ones mentioned?

I saw photos of her with Marie also, but my question was photos with Gustav's sisters. I also believe that she has integrated well into the family. I was wondering about her relationship with the sisters.

Thank you, but these are the ones that I have seen.

I have never seen any other than these; that is what I meant. I am here in the States, but I was wondering if anyone in Germany and/or Denmark has seen any other than these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom