The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

he could do like my danish grandfathre, my grandmother was the governest of the house, they wouldn't allow the marriage, so he took off, married with her love but of course, lost all the money!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Courtier

He loves her, but I don't think that he will give up the manor for love. Just my honest opinion. I think that they will do as his great uncle, Bertil did and wait until he can marry her as Prince Bertil did to marry Princess Lillian.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Well, it seems that the DRF is behind them. I hope it doesn't turn into another Bertil and Lillian. Sad. They might have to sacrifice if they want children together.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Courtier

I hope so also. He should be able to marry whom he may. Maybe they are waiting for the uncle to pass since he has made no bones to the fact that he is having the will upheld. Horrible how greed and/or spitefulness will give license to a person to do such a thing. I naturally would forgive him but I would not want to be in his presence knowing the malice that he has in his heart.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
Well, it seems that the DRF is behind them. I hope it doesn't turn into another Bertil and Lillian. Sad. They might have to sacrifice if they want children together.
The good thing in German law of today is that they can have children together and that Gustav could claim them as his and give them his name even though he is not married to their mother. So far I haven't heard of a S-W-B-house law that would deny these children the inheritance.

Bertil and Lillian had another problem: according to the Act of Succession valid back then, Bertil would have lost his rights to the throne on marrying Lilian, because only the king back then did not have to follow the rules of this act. All other potential heirs had done so, eg Lennart Bernadotte, and girls had not right of inheritance, so when Bertil's brother, the Crown Prince, died leaving only one son and four daughters, there was only the infant Carl Gustav and him to secure the monarchy in Sweden after king Gustav Adolf's death. In this situation both Bertil and Lilian put duty before their wish for a marriage.

And as soon as the Act of Succession had been changed after the new king Carl Gustav's marriage to Silvia, the king allowed Bertil to marry Lilian, for she had always been a favorite aunt to him, a great support for Silvia and had shown that she was willing to sacrifice her own social position for the sake fo the monarchy. It was only fitting that she should be the rest of her life HRH and Princess of Sweden.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Nobility

For Godsake, we are living in the year 2008. Let them marry and be happy. If I were a judge I would rule this will invalid straight away. We're not living in the middle ages anymore!!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
For Godsake, we are living in the year 2008. Let them marry and be happy. If I were a judge I would rule this will invalid straight away. We're not living in the middle ages anymore!!
The problem is that each person has a right to do with his/her private belongings whatever he/she wants to. You for example so not need to leave your son money if you simply don't want him to have it (apart from the amount your country's law grants him on being your child). Nobody has a right to question you why you don't want your son or anybody else to get something from you. It's your property and you deal with it as you like within the laws of your country.

But there are grounds on which to contest a will and the court has to prove if one of them apply in this case. For example your simply not liking your son would be a valid reason. But if you believed that your son is not your husband's child and you inherited your money from your husband's side and feel that this child should not have it and thus disinherit the child on telling why you did it - okay. But if it turned out later through DNA-testing that the child is in fact your husband's child then your reasoning would be wrong and your motive in error: that's one of the reasons the child could contest the will because on knowing the truth you would not have disinherited it.

So there could be stipulations that are according to the law and others that aren't. The court has to research, evaluate and judge if the stipulations are according to the law or not. But the person who made up the will has of course the right that his stipulations are being taken seriously, that they are carefully examinated and evaluated before being declared void. Even if people suffer for it - but they could walk away from that inheritance, couldn't they? Gustaf could marry Carina, there is no law against it. But he wants both: Carina and his inheritance and this is what keeps them from marrying, nothing else.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
The good thing in German law of today is that they can have children together and that Gustav could claim them as his and give them his name even though he is not married to their mother. So far I haven't heard of a S-W-B-house law that would deny these children the inheritance.

Bertil and Lillian had another problem: according to the Act of Succession valid back then, Bertil would have lost his rights to the throne on marrying Lilian, because only the king back then did not have to follow the rules of this act. All other potential heirs had done so, eg Lennart Bernadotte, and girls had not right of inheritance, so when Bertil's brother, the Crown Prince, died leaving only one son and four daughters, there was only the infant Carl Gustav and him to secure the monarchy in Sweden after king Gustav Adolf's death. In this situation both Bertil and Lilian put duty before their wish for a marriage.

And as soon as the Act of Succession had been changed after the new king Carl Gustav's marriage to Silvia, the king allowed Bertil to marry Lilian, for she had always been a favorite aunt to him, a great support for Silvia and had shown that she was willing to sacrifice her own social position for the sake fo the monarchy. It was only fitting that she should be the rest of her life HRH and Princess of Sweden.
I did not know all of the facts pertaining to Bertiland Lilian. How admirable and loving of them! Thank you!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Thanks also from me to Jo of Palatine for that very succinct summary of the situation in Sweden at the time. I'd pieced together most of the story from the Swedish forums, but I now understand why their concept of "duty" led to Lilian's place of honor even today within the Swedish family.

I, too, hope that this works out in Carina & Gustav's favor, as the wearing of the tiara at the wedding might seem to indicate. . .well, at least optimism about the outcome of the court case. I just didn't think that "optimism" alone would be sufficient to allow even her attendance at an "official" event.

Gustav is only a few months younger than CP Frederik, isn't he? It would seem quite difficult for them if they had to be in limbo for many more years, watching their cousins and friends marry while waiting for their own time to come.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Forgive my ingnorance, but is the will just money related or does it also concern the title? I could see why Gustav would not want to throw his (non-reigning albeit) title away without a good fight, money or no money.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Forgive my ingnorance, but is the will just money related or does it also concern the title? I could see why Gustav would not want to throw his (non-reigning albeit) title away without a good fight, money or no money.
There is no title as Germany does not recognize noble titles anymore. He has just the name of prince, nothing more. His mother though is a real princess as Germany recognizes foreign Royal titles, so she is HRH princess Benedikte (of Denmark).
Old 05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I believe that it is the whole kit and kaboodle! There is the title, castle, acres of forrest, and I think a paper factory. I inquired in a earlier post, as to whether anyone knows (or can give an educated guess) the actual worth of the entire estate. We do know that land is money. Prince Richard, Gustav's father, had (has??) land/ranch in Canada that was sold in the early 90's. Maybe he has more outside of Germany but I do beleive I read somewhere that Gustav is the 5th largest owner of land in Germany. I can't remember what board that I read it on; possible Netty's or Anuschka's.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:34 AM
Nobility

Isn't the whole problem of this will that Prince Gustav's prospective bride doesn't meet the requirements of the will? Carina is A: not an "arian" (although I am sure that no judge today will agree to that, because it is sheer discrimination and also quite 'nazistic' (couldn't find a better word for it) and B: she is not of noble birth. Come on, this doesn't stand in this day and age does it??
Old 05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photos of the couple from tonight's 40th birthday bruhaha at Fredensborg for Crown Prince Frederik: One, two, and three.
*PPE
Old 06-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Gentry

Hi everybody

Can you tell me how old is this Carina?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Some reports say that she is in her early 30's. However, in the article below the writer notes that she is 39 years old. So essentially nobody really knows at this point.
polfoto

Meanwhile, Carina is back on her book reading tour thingy around Germany. Once again she read from her Nigel series while Gustav was off doing somethingorother. According to Der Westen Carina Axelsson at the Berleburger City Library the author helps local students understand as well as practice their English. In the castle Berleburg lives an American children's book author who just read before a total of 200 primary school pupils in Bad Berleburger from her debut feature "Nigel of Hyde Park" and then answered the questions of children.

The first readinds shows how well the students learned English after two years. For Carina Axelsson, who is reading her native language, the students had understood exactly what the book is about. A little shy, green dragon with funky hair who is about to have his birthday and who is about to be crowned king in London's Hyde Park. This was his grandmother, the queen, wish. But Nigel feared not only against creepy ghosts, terrible monsters, eerie sounds and the darkness, but even before his own mirror image. Such a coward but may not become king, thinks the nasty Lord Black and Fox tries to Nigel einzujagen even more fear. Only a wise owl is able to Nigel in his imagination the fear and finally defeated brave. So brave that he even the nasty Lord Black saves from drowning and courageous King Nigel.

At the end of the first reading on Monday morning were the children of primary school Berghausen began to ask Carina Axelsson many questions. The life companion of Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg obviously had fun and the children responded. However, the students wanted to know what it is like to live in a castle. "Beautiful. But we have no ghosts in the castle..." said the author. "It is also a lot of work to lived and keep up the castle in order to live, because there are so many rooms there, which should be kept shooting (?)..." said the 39-year-old, also had no problem with that they asked their age or thereafter whether she and Gustav wanted to marry. "Yes," said Axelsson and smiled, "but we do need a bit of time."

So what did the students also ask Carina? Prince Gustav was at a dinner with friends in Munich and she also said that she likes horses, writing, painting, and Iceland ponies (oooohhhkay.)

Link and here. Finally, you can view a set of photos here which you can see her giant ruby and diamond ring on her wedding finger.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Gentry

Thank you very much GlitteringTiaras

I think Carina Axelsson is in her early 40's, this woman is a mystery, I can't understand why she was wearing a tiara at Joachims wedding.

Carina said: "we do need a bit of time" to marry, but she says she is 39 years old and what about Children?
Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Some reports say that she is in her early 30's. However, in the article below the writer notes that she is 39 years old. So essentially nobody really knows at this point.
polfoto

Meanwhile, Carina is back on her book reading tour thingy around Germany. Once again she read from her Nigel series while Gustav was off doing somethingorother. According to Der Westen Carina Axelsson at the Berleburger City Library the author helps local students understand as well as practice their English. In the castle Berleburg lives an American children's book author who just read before a total of 200 primary school pupils in Bad Berleburger from her debut feature "Nigel of Hyde Park" and then answered the questions of children.

The first readinds shows how well the students learned English after two years. For Carina Axelsson, who is reading her native language, the students had understood exactly what the book is about. A little shy, green dragon with funky hair who is about to have his birthday and who is about to be crowned king in London's Hyde Park. This was his grandmother, the queen, wish. But Nigel feared not only against creepy ghosts, terrible monsters, eerie sounds and the darkness, but even before his own mirror image. Such a coward but may not become king, thinks the nasty Lord Black and Fox tries to Nigel einzujagen even more fear. Only a wise owl is able to Nigel in his imagination the fear and finally defeated brave. So brave that he even the nasty Lord Black saves from drowning and courageous King Nigel.

At the end of the first reading on Monday morning were the children of primary school Berghausen began to ask Carina Axelsson many questions. The life companion of Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg obviously had fun and the children responded. However, the students wanted to know what it is like to live in a castle. "Beautiful. But we have no ghosts in the castle..." said the author. "It is also a lot of work to lived and keep up the castle in order to live, because there are so many rooms there, which should be kept shooting (?)..." said the 39-year-old, also had no problem with that they asked their age or thereafter whether she and Gustav wanted to marry. "Yes," said Axelsson and smiled, "but we do need a bit of time."

So what did the students also ask Carina? Prince Gustav was at a dinner with friends in Munich and she also said that she likes horses, writing, painting, and Iceland ponies (oooohhhkay.)

Link and here. Finally, you can view a set of photos here which you can see her giant ruby and diamond ring on her wedding finger.
she is wearing the same heartmade jacket mary owns
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelheid View Post
Thank you very much GlitteringTiaras

I think Carina Axelsson is in her early 40's, this woman is a mystery, I can't understand why she was wearing a tiara at Federicks last birthday party.

Carina said: "we do need a bit of time" to marry, but she says she is 39 years old and what about Children?
Why would she not wear a tiara? If Gustav wants her to wear family heirlooms she can absolutely do so. Considering what the issue with the will is doing to the timing of their own wedding I believe they are handling the current situation with much style and aplomb.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Why would she not wear a tiara? If Gustav wants her to wear family heirlooms she can absolutely do so. Considering what the issue with the will is doing to the timing of their own wedding I believe they are handling the current situation with much style and aplomb.
What they are doing it's not according protocol, Carina Axelsson is only Gustavs mistress , not his wife and they are not engaged.

Tags
carina axelsson, prince gustav, prince gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg