Prince Christian, Current Events 2: July 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adry

Courtier
City
San José
Country
Costa Rica
Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Henrik to compare

Does anyone have a photo of little Henri so we can compare him to our darling Christian???

I've asked a couple of times, but I've come up short so far.

Thanks so much in advance!

According to this article from All Headline News; Frederick and Mary have already started planning Prince Christian's first birthday :).

(The beginning of the article is about Joachim and Felix, the second half is about Mary, Frederick, and Christian, there's also some nonsense about Amber Petty and her being upset about not being Christian's godmother): http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004202042

Street parties for a ONE year old. That just sounds over the top.

I'm sure there was a big fuss when Frederik turned 18 and 21 but not every year of his life.
This just sounds like imaginative speculation from tabloid journalists with too much time on their hands.

IMO Frederik and Mary will have a party for the tot and invite friends who also have toddlers and babies as well as family. I'm sure there will be photos released of a bunch of cute toddlers covered in cake.

I think there might be street parties for his first birthday. A child's first birthday is very important and Denmark might celebrate with pomp and circumstance for a future King. While I don't think the article is 100% credible, I don't doubt that there will be some kind of unofficial national celebration (if that makes any sense).

Street parties to celebrate a one-year-old? Would make sense in a country with an infant death rate of over, say, 30%, but street parties for a kid who's not even the <heir> to the throne...oh, I get it, this is to be thrown by Fred and Mary themselves, right, to be paid entirely from <their> own pockets, right? Riiiiiiight....

Well, at least it's an excuse to get people to gather and party, I guess that's always good..:)

But if I were them, I'd emulate Alexandre and Maxima of the Netherlands. When Amalia turned 1, they released a picture of the tot with a pie and the happy family surrounding her. That was enough. For everyone. Just my 2 cents.

I have a feeling Frederick and Mary might do something bigger (I'm not saying better ;) ). I don't think they're going to have fireworks or anything but maybe a photo session and a street parade for the people or something. Is a balcony appearance far-fetched? :rolleyes:

I think it is more likely that thye will do an Official photo session, that's for sure and also a balcony appearance sounds more likely!

The article actually say that its Copenhagen officials that are planning the street party...not Mary and Frederick.
:D

biboquinhas said:
I think it is more likely that thye will do an Official photo session, that's for sure and also a balcony appearance sounds more likely!

I also think that an official photosession is likely, but I don't think that there will be a balcony appearence. There isn't one for Frederiks birthday, why should there be one, for a person lower in the line to the throne? Christian is cute, but the balcony appearences are only for his grandmothers birthday.:)

A street party for a one year old seems a bit over the top but a photosession would be nice :)

what a cute boy-----I think he will good looking like his dad when he grows up!

LOVE those kissable cheeks!:) And he will probably be quite the heart-breaker when he grows up. Such a sweet picture.

*Moderators, I've had to type this article directly from the newspaper because the article is not featured on the Herald Sun website

Christian Honoured
BETTER late than never, or is it an early birthday present for the proud parents of a future king?
Australia's jewellers are hand-delivering a $60,000 present celebrating the birth of Prince Christian of Denmark.
Centred on opal, the little kingaroo's birth stone, Sydney jeweller Josh Iskenderian has designed and created two pieces for Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik.
The matching Boulder opal pendant and custom-made opal cufflinks, both encased in gold, are being presented by the Jewellers Association of Australia to the Crown Prince and Princess today in Denmark
From the Sunday Herald Sun

I'm unfamiliar with Christian's bio. On what day is his birthday?

HenrikaB said:
I'm unfamiliar with Christian's bio. On what day is his birthday?

HRH Prince Christian was born on October 15, 2005. :flowers:

WOW a year old almost- the time does go so quickly.He really is an adorable child- so cute and chubby- love that he is healthy and happy. The pictures are beautiful .:wub: :)

I'm not usually one to rave about babies, but this little guy is a real cutie! He has a wonderfully expressive little face and smiling eyes. I'll be interested to see how he changes as he gets older.

I Agree Roslyn :) Hes gonna be one to watch.

It is uncaany his resemblence to Hendrik I tell u!!

He and leonor have to be the ultimately cutest babies around!

What an awsome Photo Royalty 101! Keep any new pics and info comming everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What an adorable baby! :wub:
He seems to have a mix of features....mainly from Mary, Frederick and Henri. I hadn't realised his eyes are blue! Also, is his hair blondish?

princess olga said:
Street parties to celebrate a one-year-old? Would make sense in a country with an infant death rate of over, say, 30%, but street parties for a kid who's not even the <heir> to the throne...oh, I get it, this is to be thrown by Fred and Mary themselves, right, to be paid entirely from <their> own pockets, right? Riiiiiiight....

Well, at least it's an excuse to get people to gather and party, I guess that's always good..:)

But if I were them, I'd emulate Alexandre and Maxima of the Netherlands. When Amalia turned 1, they released a picture of the tot with a pie and the happy family surrounding her. That was enough. For everyone. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you!

If we're going to dance in the streets in a couple of weeks, they could at least warn us locally so we get a chance to polish our dancing shoes:lol:
Wonder who invented that story :rolleyes:

Today, HE Per Stig Møller, the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Denmark, officially listed HRH Prince Christian as heir to the Danish throne in the line of succession. All four names of the little prince were written along with the names of the eight godparents, as the Royal Law of 1799 dictates. Thus, Prince Christian is as of today, officially, heir to the Danish throne after his father!

/Lasse Pedersen

Source (with video): http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning/kongelige/article223858.ece

He wasn't before? I mean, officially? So the official line of succession was Fred, then Joachim until today?

morhange said:
He wasn't before? I mean, officially? So the official line of succession was Fred, then Joachim until today?

I wondered that too, I always assumed that it just happened automatically when the baby was born? That is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom