Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he just had some other things to do 9on his way) and left a bit earlier and she didn't want to travel long hours with the baby in a car (though personally the plane might be more stressful then a car)

it takes about four hours to drive, and about half an hour with plane. And Mary had very little time to get dolled up for the kur at Amalienborg...

They really seem to like Vendsyssel, it's the second time this year that I know of that they've been up there on private visits. They were also in Blokhus this summer.

Frederik and Lilleprinsen travelling apart has been seen before.

When they went to Scotland some month ago Mary & Lilleprinsen were on a different plane than Frederik.

Now that there are so many heirs in Denmark, I think 6 or 7, they really shouldn't bother all that much about the security of the heirs. I mean, of course it's important they all are safe, but Denmark wouldn't be in a vacuum if both of them were killed in an accident.

And if Denmark runs out of heirs they can always ask the handsome prince Gustav of Berleburg (Margrethe's nephew) if he will become the heir and at the same time release him from his prenuptial headaches that states he has to marry a princess or loose Berleburg.

Well the others have not been trained to be monarches. It is different if a non trained royal becomes monarch. He could easily be influenced by the wrong people.

norwegianne said:
it takes about four hours to drive, and about half an hour with plane. And Mary had very little time to get dolled up for the kur at Amalienborg...
There's also the distance to and from the airports. At least 30 minutes in each end even though Mary and Lilleprinsen are VIP's.

I bet Frederik can drive those 350 kilometres faster than 4 hours. Just go to www.tudeprinsen.dk and test his abilities.

Maybe that was his aim ? Finally he got some serious competition to get to Amalienborg (or Fredensborg ?) before Mary :D

Here are some more from the New Years flight
Source: E-Billedbladet 1
The man in the first pic I suppose is the body guard

Attachments

• flight.jpg
    flight.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 518
  • flight1.jpg
    flight1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 722
  • nurse.jpg
    nurse.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 915
He looks a little bit like Fred if you did a quick glance.

Eliza said:
And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!

Is there a special reason why they don't travel together ?

Is there a special reason why they don't travel together ?

If you read the posts before yours you will see that they dont travel together because there would be a major problem and succesion change if the Crown Prince and his heir were killed. A royal who was not trained to be monarch would become monarch.

Frederik and Mary has hired another nanny, from before they have the nurse Mette Hansen working for them
Translation from se og hør
Mie from Holbæk is 21 years old, and will be incharge of keeping Denmarks future King dry and clean. The Crown Prince has always know to attract beautiful women, now he gets company of another one, the couple has hired Mie Damgaard Kristiansen as a nanny, she is called "Misse" by her friends and is a carefree and "bramfri" (what does that mean) girl that of friends is described as happy, sweet and caring, she loves popmusic and fitness. Her attractive looks makes her a "good catch" and it is said that she loves to dance to disco music in her hometown

Read more in this weeks magazine
http://www.seoghoer.dk/default.aspx?Action=ViewArticle&ItemID=439&GroupID=51

Last edited:
I think he's a very beautifull baby. He looks really cute and happy :)

Australian royal gift could spread disease, Danes warned
SYDNEY (AFP) - A gift of two Tasmanian devils to Denmark's future king -- whose mother is Australian -- could spread a disfiguring disease to other animals, environmentalists warned.
A breeding pair of the feisty marsupials was promised as a gift to the Copenhagen Zoo to mark the birth in October of a son to Tasmanian-born Princess Mary and Danish Crown Prince Frederik.
"People around the world instantly associate the devils with Tasmania and I'm sure the Danes will be thrilled to have two living, breathing examples of the state's unofficial emblem living in their capital city," state Premier Paul Lennon said......................
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060118/lf_afp/australiadenmarkroyal_060118164721

Royal gift could be the devil in disguise
A PLAN to give two Tasmanian devils to Denmark's new royal heir has been clouded by NSW's decision to ban all marsupial imports from the island state because of disease.
The ban is at odds with the decision by Tasmania's Premier, Paul Lennon to lift a prohibition on the export of devils so a pair could be sent to Copenhagen as a gift to the son of Prince Frederik and the Tasmanian-born Princess Mary.
The Tasmanian Greens said the ban, by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, was proof of the risk of transmitting the devastating devil facial tumour disease to other animals.
"We don't believe it is wise to export these devils to Denmark given the lack of knowledge of the disease," said the party's environment spokesman, Nick McKim................
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/royal-gift-could-be-the-devil-in-disguise/2006/01/18/1137553651195.html

Larzen said:
Frederik and Mary has hired another nanny, from before they have the nurse Mette Hansen working for them
Translation from se og hør

I'm a bit confused. Why do they have another nanny? Is it like the "system" that Joachim and Alexandra uses where two sets of nannies work.:confused:

I thought Mary was not going to employ any nannies at all, never mind 2?

Christo's Girl said:
I thought Mary was not going to employ any nannies at all, never mind 2?

Mary was never quoted as saying that she would never employ nannies. She actually said that she would be a hands-on mother and that she would be very much involved in the care of her child(ren), but that she would require the assistance of nannies so that she could perform her royal duties.

I think they more than us normal folks will need the help of nannies.

Princejohnny25 said:
If you read the posts before yours you will see that they dont travel together because there would be a major problem and succesion change if the Crown Prince and his heir were killed. A royal who was not trained to be monarch would become monarch.

I suppose this is a little outdated, but just to correct things - Mary, Frederic and Christian actually travelled up to Vendsyssel together by car, and the reason Mary and Christian flew home alone was that they needed to be back in Copenhagen at a certain point - Frederic went by car which is a long drive (I read the article in Billed-Bladet)

I beleive the whole family has travelled together in the past.

MarieLouise said:
I suppose this is a little outdated, but just to correct things - Mary, Frederic and Christian actually travelled up to Vendsyssel together by car, and the reason Mary and Christian flew home alone was that they needed to be back in Copenhagen at a certain point - Frederic went by car which is a long drive (I read the article in Billed-Bladet)

I beleive the whole family has travelled together in the past.

I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK.

"I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK."

Isn't that a rule that applies to most Presidents and Prime Ministers as well? It definitely applies to the American President and VP. It's just practical.

Daneborn said:
When they went to Scotland some month ago Mary & Lilleprinsen were on a different plane than Frederik.

they went to scotland? how nice... where they there to meet some family of mary from her father's side? was there any more information on the trip? where were they exactly?
i think the pictures you mean are the ones larzen posted in post 32?

carlota said:
they went to scotland? how nice... where they there to meet some family of mary from her father's side? was there any more information on the trip? where were they exactly?
i think the pictures you mean are the ones larzen posted in post 32?

AFAIK they were on a hunting trip with some family members from the multi-million cooperations LEGO and Danefoss, they flew on planes from the two companies

The pictures I posted are from the New Years trip in Denmark

how do you pronounce Valdemar exactly lol slly question I Know just curious

how do you pronounce Valdemar exactly lol slly question I Know just curios

Hi Royal Fan, i think this is how you pronounce Valdemar:
Vaal-deh-mar (mar like in the greek version of the name 'Marco', where you sort of extend the 'a' a little)

Little_star said:
"I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK."

Isn't that a rule that applies to most Presidents and Prime Ministers as well? It definitely applies to the American President and VP. It's just practical.

but....it is known that flying a plane is way more safer than driving a car?! In researches, it is reported you are more likely to die in a car accident than a plane crash

carlota said:
I do not know exactly where they went, but I do know that they went to visit some Danish friends, of the founding family of Danfoss, who own hunting grounds in Scotland. And I am almost positive, though completely unconfirmed, that TRH the Crown Prince Couple visited members of the Donaldson clan.

/Lasse Pedersen

TRH the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark have accepted an invitation to participate in TRH the Crown Prince Couple of Norway's newborn son Sverre Magnus' christening. The Royal Danish court informs that HRH Prince Christian will join his parents on the trip. Press Secretary to the Royal Danish Court, Lis M. Frederiksen informs: "As long as the little prince is breastfed, he will travel with his parents".

Furthermore, she confirms that TRH the Crown Prince Couple have plans to travel to Australia with HRH Prince Christian. However, the Press Secretary emphasises that this visit will be strictly private!

/Lasse Pedersen

The posts made about Prince Christian's name, like why isn't is so so?? or why I would prefer this name?? have been moved to christening thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/christening-prince-christian-january-21-2006-a-8173.html The logic being, that was the day he received his name, if you have any questions regarding his name and want to discuss your personal preference for it, take your posts to the christening thread and keep them there.

pdas1201
Danish Supermoderator

P.S. This is about Prince Christian and not about his mother. If you want to discuss Mary's appearance or her similarities with movie stars, do so in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Prince Christian will be appearing in any new function anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom