Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
auntie said:
Unfortunately, some kids inherit the worst of both worlds!:eek:
Totally sorry to interrupt this festival of well-wishing, congratulations and kindness, but can the new born have a little break.
He will spend his life being criticized and bashed for the most ridiculous (or sometimes real) reasons, like any other princes, on this forum and elsewhere.
For the time being, that would be very sweet if the comments remains positives since he has done nothing creditable/judgeable yet. So we get it, some of you think he is a yellowish ugly baby, let's move on now... (rolling eyes out of their orbits)

It was just a fact that i made with that many kids get more pretty with the age. I was not critisizing him

betina said:
It was just a fact that i made with that many kids get more pretty with the age. I was not critisizing him
I was really not referring to you: you were actually a breath of fresh air after a series of foul posts :).

Guest, I have no idea, maybe because there were OS pictures (Amalia and Charlotte)?

pollyemma said:
hmmm.... he's not very cute imho. he kinda looks like he is still in the womb.

I don't think he is cute either . But, who knows, maybe he will become cuter with time ...:)

Well I think the little prince is a beautiful baby and will become even prettier with time, how can't he when both parents are gorgeous???

I think they released the photos for us to A) see how he is growing; B) because they know everyone likes new pictures and maybe the paparazzi will keep off their backs; C) They release them later then when they were taken so they won't have to release new Christmas pictures. Also, they know there will be a hoard of new photos at the christening in January; D) We finally get to see "Den lille Prins" (I love that phrase by the way!) with his eyes open! They've been closed at all the rest of the photo shoots.:)

Idriel said:
Totally sorry to interrupt this festival of well-wishing, congratulations and kindness, but can the new born have a little break.
He will spend his life being criticized and bashed for the most ridiculous (or sometimes real) reasons, like any other princes, on this forum and elsewhere.
For the time being, that would be very sweet if the comments remains positives since he has done nothing creditable/judgeable yet. So we get it, some of you think he is a yellowish ugly baby, let's move on now... (rolling eyes out of their orbits)

You are totally right Idriel. We are talking about a baby here!!! How hard is it to keep it positive??

Ahaha! His pictures make me laugh! His expression is so cute, he looks so expressive and alert!

I think he has Frederik's eyes as of now...but maybe they'll turn darker in time. Adorable! His nose is a little too big for his little face, but of course he'll grow into it soon enough :p

I hope his first name isn't "Christian". I realize it's tradition, but there should be some variety...I.e. Name Christian Name Name of Denmark. It could be Nikolai, Felix and Mathias. Nikolai and Felix are kinda' modern-sounding names.

According to neonatal jaundice "usually lasts 8 days in normal births, or to around day 14 in premature births". So because these pictures were taking on the 14th of November (and he is being breastfed, which also increases the appearance of jaundice) it makes sense that he was still a little yellow in them. I'm sure it is all gone by now. I don't think it takes away from his cuteness. I think these pictures are much better than the first offical portraits because his eyes are open. I love how alert he seems!

pollyemma said:
because his name will be Chrstian. :D

i dont really get why they released these photos. they're not in anyway different from the earlier ones. except perhaps that M and F wanted to reassure us that the yellow skin tone was not permanent.
Me too, and I'm relieved I'm not the only one who find the baby not so cute :eek: But I'm sure he'll grow handsome with time. Are the baby pictures airbrushed/photoshopped?

I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

Danielle said:
I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

Here Here Danielle...

"MII"

We all have our own personal views but to call a dear little baby ugly etc, is most pathetic and quite intolerable. We ourselves were all baby's at one stage or another...And to start comparing with other new borns...really!!!

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
Here Here Danielle...

"MII"

We all have our own personal views but to call a dear little baby ugly etc, is most pathetic and quite intolerable. We orselves were all baby's at one stage or another...
Thank you, and you are right; we all were babies ourselves at one time. I still can't get over how people can call a child ugly. It makes me very sad, but that's all I'll say on the matter.

Danielle said:

I know that he's only a baby, but what people see is just our perception side of things...i have to agree that maybe he isn't so attractive when he was born (definitely not ugly as you say..)....BUT ...it's not like it will be permanent! i think he'll grow to become cuter and handsomer with time...but..at the moment...i don't think that the little prince is that handsome when compare to other new born baby prince/princess we've on this board so far

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying he was yellow (um...he was?), but I do think it is wrong for people to attack him for it. He's just a wee one.

He defintely looks like Mary around his eyes (but, zooming in on the picture I believe the eyes are blue or grey not brown like hers) and he looks like he has Fred's mouth. Like I said earlier, he does look very aware of his surroundings and attentative. It is so fun to watch babies learn more about their world and life.

Not every newborn is beautiful but every newborn is beautiful to his mother!

In this case, the little Danish prince may not be the most handsome royal baby we have recently seen but he's not an ugly baby either. I guess that because of his handsome father our expectations were quite high and that might be why some are disappointed with his current look.

Let's not forget that he was born by natural birth and didn't have the advantage of the very beautiful Infanta Leonor. C-section babies are almost always perfectly lovely as they didn't have to suffer through the natural human passage of birth.

It is very low of a person to call a baby ugly, i dont know what else to say. I thought only mean old people call babies ugly. Poor kid.

Last edited:
If you ask me, if I took a look at all the babies born this year, I couldn't tell them apart. They all look the same to me; all of them are cute because babies are cute. I can't see resemblances to their parents, either. Maybe that's because I'm not a parent myself.

Prince Denmark is a cute baby, regardless of the jaundice which is a temporary medical condition. 'Nuff said.

It is an indicator of someones low character when they can attack a childs looks. Everyone here knows to whom this is addressed. :mad:

I personally think the baby is beautiful (all are!). He has gorgeous eyes, and he looks like a really happy baby. Actually I think he looks inquisitive like others have noted.

bananarama said:
It is an indicator of someones low character when they can attack a childs looks. Everyone here knows to whom this is addressed. :mad:

I personally think the baby is beautiful (all are!). He has gorgeous eyes, and he looks like a really happy baby. Actually I think he looks inquisitive like others have noted.

Couldnt agree with you more!

In the interest of the thread everyone, why not lets try and move forward?:) Those who feel a need to project negative comments, especially about an infant child, are telling us more about themselves than they would no doubt wish to divulge.

Lets take the healthier approach and move forward ;) :)

Kind regards,

"MII"

Last edited:
I agree, Margrethe II. I think we all (including myself) have said out two cents worth, so if people have comments about the Prince's appearance that may be interpreted as being overtly negative (such as the use of 'ugly'), please refrain from posting them.

I think all the babies look cute. :) Still looking forward to den lille prinsen's christening.

I would have liked to see more recent pics of den lille prins. He must have grown quite a bit from these pics already.

I honestly can't see the point of comparing royal babies, as to who is the cutest! All babies are cute in their own individual way! And frankly, the cuteness doesn't mean a thing! The most important is that the little prince (and all the other little princes and princess' in the world) is healthy, well and content! Anything else is irrelevant, in my opinion.

And haven't people learnt that you should not pick on people who are smaller than you :confused:

i also think all babies are cute, some are more than others though. we will have to take some more time to see who looks cuter and more beautiful :)

auntie said:
Unfortunately, some kids inherit the worst of both worlds!:eek:

I didn't mean that the little prince is ugly, but that not all children of good looking parents are good looking themselves, sorry if anyone took this personally!

Well, Prince William was not that cute when he was an infant baby..I remember a picture of him when he was a few days old with his mom Diana and Dad Charles, the baby prince was so thin and not so cute, but as the months and years passed by, the baby prince become more and more beautiful..Well, the little Danish prince would not be that cute for some of members here..but lets just wait and see..He's just infant, his real facial feautures are not that developed yet...and I believe he'll be as beautiful as his parents and will turn into Prince Charming..and frankly, i find him really cute even as an infant...might be you cant resist his charm when you see the baby in person..

Last edited:
the prince's appearance isthe only thing we have to discuss right now. in the comings years, as he starts saying and doing things we'll have more substantive discussions.

he just had bad luck that he was born in a season of exceptional pulchritude among royal babies. ingrid alexandra, alexia and Leonor are all unusually beautful. and its inevitable that we'll compare.

we all know from personal experience that the way a baby looks has next to no relationship to how he/she will look when they grow up.

there may actually be an inverse relationship.there's a dutch folk saying that goes "mooi in de luier, lelijk in de sluier." beautiful in the diaper, ugly in the wedding veil.

so it may actually be a good thing for the prince that he isn't too cute.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom