The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe he just had some other things to do 9on his way) and left a bit earlier and she didn't want to travel long hours with the baby in a car (though personally the plane might be more stressful then a car)

Old 01-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

it takes about four hours to drive, and about half an hour with plane. And Mary had very little time to get dolled up for the kur at Amalienborg...

Old 01-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

They really seem to like Vendsyssel, it's the second time this year that I know of that they've been up there on private visits. They were also in Blokhus this summer.

Frederik and Lilleprinsen travelling apart has been seen before.

When they went to Scotland some month ago Mary & Lilleprinsen were on a different plane than Frederik.

Now that there are so many heirs in Denmark, I think 6 or 7, they really shouldn't bother all that much about the security of the heirs. I mean, of course it's important they all are safe, but Denmark wouldn't be in a vacuum if both of them were killed in an accident.

And if Denmark runs out of heirs they can always ask the handsome prince Gustav of Berleburg (Margrethe's nephew) if he will become the heir and at the same time release him from his prenuptial headaches that states he has to marry a princess or loose Berleburg.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well the others have not been trained to be monarches. It is different if a non trained royal becomes monarch. He could easily be influenced by the wrong people.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
it takes about four hours to drive, and about half an hour with plane. And Mary had very little time to get dolled up for the kur at Amalienborg...
There's also the distance to and from the airports. At least 30 minutes in each end even though Mary and Lilleprinsen are VIP's.

I bet Frederik can drive those 350 kilometres faster than 4 hours. Just go to www.tudeprinsen.dk and test his abilities.

Maybe that was his aim ? Finally he got some serious competition to get to Amalienborg (or Fredensborg ?) before Mary
Old 01-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some more from the New Years flight
Source: E-Billedbladet 1
The man in the first pic I suppose is the body guard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flight.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	224105   Click image for larger version

Name:	flight1.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	224106   Click image for larger version

Name:	nurse.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	224107  
Old 01-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Nobility

He looks a little bit like Fred if you did a quick glance.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!
Is there a special reason why they don't travel together ?
Old 01-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Is there a special reason why they don't travel together ?
If you read the posts before yours you will see that they dont travel together because there would be a major problem and succesion change if the Crown Prince and his heir were killed. A royal who was not trained to be monarch would become monarch.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Frederik and Mary has hired another nanny, from before they have the nurse Mette Hansen working for them
Translation from se og hør
Quote:
Mie from Holbæk is 21 years old, and will be incharge of keeping Denmarks future King dry and clean. The Crown Prince has always know to attract beautiful women, now he gets company of another one, the couple has hired Mie Damgaard Kristiansen as a nanny, she is called "Misse" by her friends and is a carefree and "bramfri" (what does that mean) girl that of friends is described as happy, sweet and caring, she loves popmusic and fitness. Her attractive looks makes her a "good catch" and it is said that she loves to dance to disco music in her hometown

Read more in this weeks magazine
http://www.seoghoer.dk/default.aspx?...439&GroupID=51
Old 01-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Commoner

I think he's a very beautifull baby. He looks really cute and happy :)
Old 01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Australian royal gift could spread disease, Danes warned
SYDNEY (AFP) - A gift of two Tasmanian devils to Denmark's future king -- whose mother is Australian -- could spread a disfiguring disease to other animals, environmentalists warned.
A breeding pair of the feisty marsupials was promised as a gift to the Copenhagen Zoo to mark the birth in October of a son to Tasmanian-born Princess Mary and Danish Crown Prince Frederik.
"People around the world instantly associate the devils with Tasmania and I'm sure the Danes will be thrilled to have two living, breathing examples of the state's unofficial emblem living in their capital city," state Premier Paul Lennon said......................
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060118...l_060118164721

Royal gift could be the devil in disguise
A PLAN to give two Tasmanian devils to Denmark's new royal heir has been clouded by NSW's decision to ban all marsupial imports from the island state because of disease.
The ban is at odds with the decision by Tasmania's Premier, Paul Lennon to lift a prohibition on the export of devils so a pair could be sent to Copenhagen as a gift to the son of Prince Frederik and the Tasmanian-born Princess Mary.
The Tasmanian Greens said the ban, by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, was proof of the risk of transmitting the devastating devil facial tumour disease to other animals.
"We don't believe it is wise to export these devils to Denmark given the lack of knowledge of the disease," said the party's environment spokesman, Nick McKim................
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...553651195.html
Old 01-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Frederik and Mary has hired another nanny, from before they have the nurse Mette Hansen working for them
Translation from se og hør
I'm a bit confused. Why do they have another nanny? Is it like the "system" that Joachim and Alexandra uses where two sets of nannies work.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Nobility

I thought Mary was not going to employ any nannies at all, never mind 2?
Old 01-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
I thought Mary was not going to employ any nannies at all, never mind 2?
Mary was never quoted as saying that she would never employ nannies. She actually said that she would be a hands-on mother and that she would be very much involved in the care of her child(ren), but that she would require the assistance of nannies so that she could perform her royal duties.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Courtier

I think they more than us normal folks will need the help of nannies.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Commoner

How a cute baby .I think he likes Princess mary !!! Woooooooo
Old 01-24-2006, 06:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
If you read the posts before yours you will see that they dont travel together because there would be a major problem and succesion change if the Crown Prince and his heir were killed. A royal who was not trained to be monarch would become monarch.
I suppose this is a little outdated, but just to correct things - Mary, Frederic and Christian actually travelled up to Vendsyssel together by car, and the reason Mary and Christian flew home alone was that they needed to be back in Copenhagen at a certain point - Frederic went by car which is a long drive (I read the article in Billed-Bladet)

I beleive the whole family has travelled together in the past.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieLouise
I suppose this is a little outdated, but just to correct things - Mary, Frederic and Christian actually travelled up to Vendsyssel together by car, and the reason Mary and Christian flew home alone was that they needed to be back in Copenhagen at a certain point - Frederic went by car which is a long drive (I read the article in Billed-Bladet)

I beleive the whole family has travelled together in the past.
I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

"I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK."

Isn't that a rule that applies to most Presidents and Prime Ministers as well? It definitely applies to the American President and VP. It's just practical.