Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 4: Dec. 2009 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I already have posted in another thread, then I can assure you that Pss Isabella is dressed just like any other little danish girl :):):)

BT online Vild uge for Christian og Isabella - Royale - BT.dk writes that Christian and Isabelle have transferred to a new kindergarden in Copenhagen - Garnison Sogns Menigheds Børnehave - which is very close to Amalienborg. Apparently, cousin Felix has been attending this kindergarden as well.

Thank you, User Dane :flowers:

31 children attending the kindergarten. That's not many.
Hopefully they'll find new and good friends here.

They started Tuesday last week. - And now they have two siblings. That's some change!

Summary of Billed Bladet #02, 2011.
Christian and Isabellas nye liv - Christian and Isabella's new life.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

It's been tomultous days for Christian and Bella. Not only have they recently moved, mother was heavily pregnant and on top of that they moved to a new kindergarten. With the impressive name of: Garnisons Sogns Menigheds Børnehave = Kindergarten of the Congregation of the Garnison Parish.
The kindergarten is located five minuttes walk from Amalienborg.

The kindergarten, which also house a small nursery is small. there are only 31 children altogether in the kindergarten and nine in the nursery.

Anna Johannesen suggest the distance is no greater than Frederik could easily walk his children to the kindergarten. Well, I'm not sure PET would appreciate that, even though it may happen from time to time.

Well if it's a 5 minute walk from the palace it shouldn't be a big deal. Right?

I think the point is more, they will want to deliver the kids at a certain time, and fetch them at a certain time. Might be nice for us royalty-watchers, but a nightmare for security. As someone could just watch and then attack.

I think the point is more, they will want to deliver the kids at a certain time, and fetch them at a certain time. Might be nice for us royalty-watchers, but a nightmare for security. As someone could just watch and then attack.

Yes, and keeping and eye on Frederik and two children walking along, what is after all a public street. That's something that could bring any security detail on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Yes, and keeping and eye on Frederik and two children walking along, what is after all a public street. That's something that could bring any security detail on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Do you think they will walk then? I bet Fred will want to, but what is your take on how they will get back and forth. Maybe they will have security walk in back and front?

Anna Johannesen suggest the distance is no greater than Frederik could easily walk his children to the kindergarten. Well, I'm not sure PET would appreciate that, even though it may happen from time to time.

I kinda hope he will :3 It's so close to my school (;

Well, to say that Billed Bladet has covered the twins extensively this week, can only be called the understatement of the year!

But let's start with the two oldest. Here are summarues of two articles in Billed Bladet #03, 2011.
Mary til Dans med Isabella - Mary to dance(-lessons) with Isabella.
and
Skønt at få mor hjem - Nice that mum is home again.

Mary took Isabella to a dance lessons a few minuttes by car from Amalienborg. There are no pictures of Bella, but there is a description:
She wore pigtails, a delicate pink/rose dancesuit, soft ballet shoes and mouse-grey leggings.
Bella is attending a beginners class for girls aged three to four and the lesson that afternoon, a few days after Mary went home, lasted for about an hour.

The loudspeakers blasted out popular children's songs to start with before the actual lessons started in earnest. Bella was a bit shy but she danced just like the other girls.
The parents were not allowed to be present so as not to interfere with the lessons. (*)
Buut, Mary couldn't help openening the door slightly to have a peek.
45 minuttes of dancing, or so, the lesson was over and Isabella darted out to Mary and moster (aunt) Jane, who was also there. And after a hug and a kiss, Bella informed mother eagerly about what had happened.
This was Isabella's first dance lesson, she was to have had her first lesson last week, but there was something about some twins, which prevented Mary going with her daughter.

As you know, Christian and Isabella have started in a new kendergarten, not far from Amalienborg and there appear to be photographers on sentry duty outside the kindergarten these days.
Both Mary and Frederik have been oberved taking their children to and from the kindergarten.
Frederik was observed driving his children to the kindergarten Thursday morning. Christian was seen jumping out of the car, with a ninja turtle in one hand and a transformer in the other. Thus equipped he was ready to play.
Christian and Bellas were pcked up by their nannies Friday afternoon. Now, kindergarten is hard, hard work, so both children left the kindergarten munching on a slice of bread.

Saturday afternoon Frederik took his children to the Experimentarium, along with a nanny and two anonymous gentlemen. Here there are more than 200 educational activities for children.
Christian and Isabella were occupied for a long time at a bassin, where they had been given the task of sailing a ship through sluises and up a channel. Christian in particular was enthusiatic about a tank-ship simulator.

(*) Classic, our children are much more manageble, when we parents are not around. :lol:

Thank you for the summary Muhler :flowers:

If the photographers are waiting for a good shot of Isabella and Christian, they might decide to wait outside the Lego World event at Bella Centeret in February (17 - 20 februar 2011 | LEGO World) - last year Frederik and Mary spent some time there.

thanks muhler for the translation.
it's nice to see that both parents pay attention to the two pòdest ones as well!
a question for the Danish people on the forum: what do the papers say, if they do say smth, about the interaction between frederik and or mary and fellow parents at kindergrden, ballet class etc?
just imagine, you go and drop your kids at school and there you go, right in front of you, the crown prince in all his red pants glory! what a choc!

thanks muhler for the translation.
it's nice to see that both parents pay attention to the two pòdest ones as well!
a question for the Danish people on the forum: what do the papers say, if they do say smth, about the interaction between frederik and or mary and fellow parents at kindergrden, ballet class etc?
just imagine, you go and drop your kids at school and there you go, right in front of you, the crown prince in all his red pants glory! what a choc!

Well, by all acounts I've read. Mary and Frederik are considered hands on, modern and model parents.
I do not recall anyone hinting they should be anything but devoted parents.
The presence of nannies does not disturb that picture.

There have been hints that Alexandra and Joachim were less than hands on parents (actually mostly Alexandra, since it's always the mother...) because they used nannies. I thought that was unfair and considering the source, I didn't put too much emphasis on that).

ADDED: Sorry Eliz, I misunderstood your question. It's rare anyone writes or even tell something about how M&F interacts with other parents. I hope and believe it's very much the papers and magazines who respect their privacy by not writing about such details.

Last edited:
Well, by all acounts I've read. Mary and Frederik are considered hands on, modern and model parents.
I do not recall anyone hinting they should be anything but devoted parents.
The presence of nannies does not disturb that picture.

There have been hints that Alexandra and Joachim were less than hands on parents (actually mostly Alexandra, since it's always the mother...) because they used nannies. I thought that was unfair and considering the source, I didn't put too much emphasis on that).

ADDED: Sorry Eliz, I misunderstood your question. It's rare anyone writes or even tell something about how M&F interacts with other parents. I hope and believe it's very much the papers and magazines who respect their privacy by not writing about such details.
like you, i also hope that the papers respect theam not mentio privacy of everybody concerned, which is isabella christian the other children involved, the other childrens' parents and the teachers. i do not include frederik and mary in the list because they are public people, so the way they interact with fellow parents at school could be of public interest.
i was just wondering that it should be chocking for a fellow parent or for a teacher having the cp couple in front of you...
just imagine being christian's teacher and having to say mary and frederik that his danish test sucked... should be fun to hear smth about that, even though i am glad nothing has leaked so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom