Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know where else to put this. So if it belongs somewhere else, moderators please move it.

I read on Infanta Leonors wikipedia page that Prince Christian had the stem cells in his umbilical cord frozen?
Is this true?
:)

Yes it is, it's because if they get really sick, it can help them, the stem cells is healing .. Isabellas And Frederik, Prins Henrik II and all the other royalty has also,

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
www.marie-og-mary.blogspot.com

Ahh right. When I first read it, I was quite shocked. Frederiks was aswell?
:flowers:

Probably not, since that technology wasn't around at that time. This is really not all that uncommon. In the States, mothers have the option of doing this after they deliver. It costs around $3,000.00, which can be pricey for many women, but the option is available in most hospitals.

:previous:
Thats alot of money but I understand why they did it for Christian, Isabella and Leonor. :flowers:

when I had my daughter i never was ask, what a pity , even thoguth it is a lot of money I owuld have like it to have the consideration, now it is too late, I start to listen about this since princess leonor born, i never listen this before!!!!, i suppose it is a yearly charge too!? but if they keep it for only 15 years what happen after?

when I had my daughter i never was ask, what a pity , even thoguth it is a lot of money I owuld have like it to have the consideration, now it is too late, I start to listen about this since princess leonor born, i never listen this before!!!!, i suppose it is a yearly charge too!? but if they keep it for only 15 years what happen after?

I don't think they pay $3,000.00 each year.
The umbilical cord will be frozen for at least 15 years, they can be stored for longer. :)

I was just wondering at what age do Danish children start formal schooling, I mean in a proper school not a nursery school or group.

I see that Prince Emmanuel of Belgium, Princess Alexia of Netherlands, Princess Leonor of Spain (nearly all the 2005 royal babies) have started "big" school. Does anyone know when Christian will be starting kindergarden or Grade 0 (or whatever the equivalent in Denmark is)?

That's right Lumutqueen, he is in kindergarden :)

The Danish system - which apply to most children since the vast majority of both parents here work is from XXX months till 3 years = nursery school. From 3 years til 6 years = kindergarten. When they are 6, they start in grade 0 - also called 'kindergarden class'. This is the first 'proper' school.
Nursery schools and kindergardens are not schools - they are child-caring institutions while the parents' work.

So Isabella is in nursery school then? Would they go to the same school or is Christian off to a different school?

So Isabella is in nursery school then? Would they go to the same school or is Christian off to a different school?

That's a good question as they are planning to move their main residence to Copenhagen once their palace refurbishment is completed. I believe Christian's school is quite near Fredensborg, so if they do plan to live mainly in Copenhagen (perhaps keeping Chancellory House as a weekend place), both Christian and Isabella might end up at a new school entirely. Anybody with further knowledge, please clarify if possible.

Christian started at Queen Louise Child Care Centre in Fredensborg on 27th March 2007.
He was about one and a half at the time.
Isabella possible should have started at the end of last year.
It is possibel that because of the move they are delaying and waiting to start Isabella in a school in Copenhagen.

I imagine Mary and Frederik will keep Christian at Queen Louise until he turns 6 and quite possible Isabella will start nursery in Copenhagen or go to Queen Louise with Christian. :flowers:

Isabella has already started in the same place where Christian is in November 2008 - here is a link about it, unfortunately only in Danish, from BilledBladet Billed-Bladet - Isabella er begyndt i vuggestue

I wonder whether Frederik and Mary will let both children finish their kindergarden years at Fredensborg and then let them start in Krebs' skole in Copenhagen when they are 6.

:previous: Is attendance at the Krebs Skole a tradition in the DRF? Nikolai and Felix are currently attending it, and I believe that both Joachim and Frederik attended it as well. Have Frederik or Mary stated that this is the plan for their children?

:previous: Is attendance at the Krebs Skole a tradition in the DRF? Nikolai and Felix are currently attending it, and I believe that both Joachim and Frederik attended it as well. Have Frederik or Mary stated that this is the plan for their children?

That would be every so wonderful if they did, make it a real family tradtion. :flowers:
Where is Krebs Skole?

I haven't heard Frederik and Mary state anything about their children's future school. But as already said, Joachim and Frederik went there. Queen Margrethe was home-schooled at Amalienborg together with a few (female) friends as far as I recall so the tradition only dates back to Frederik and Joachim. But since Christian and Isabella's cousins already attend that school, I think it is a good bet that they will too :)

Lumutqueen, Krebs Skole is in the middle of Copenhagen, in Stockholms Gade. Link to the school's page - only in Danish though: www.krebs-skole.dk

Thank you. So if they do go to Krebs, will they start at 6?
:flowers:
Probably yes. So, we'll know in two years' time. Christian's birthday is in October, so he'll probably start in Grade 0 in August just before his 6th birthday.

I wonder what kind of after school activities Christian and Isabella are in? I think Isabella would be so adorable doing tap and ballet and Christian playing soccer or Karate.

I wonder what kind of after school activities Christian and Isabella are in? I think Isabella would be so adorable doing tap and ballet and Christian playing soccer or Karate.
Or Isabella doing karate :) It's an awesome sport for girls (two of my own girls have made it to the first brown belts ;)).

Didn't we read something during the summer that Christian was slowly starting to take riding lessons? Or was it just speculation. Based on their parents' sports interests I would guess that both children would try riding, tennis and sailing of course.

there is that famous clip of Frederik falling off his hourse as a little boy and crying and hiding behind the bushes because he did not want to get back on (and having to by his father, who did not put him back on himself but had a servant do it and with whom he at times had a difficult relationship). Frederik will probably handle the situation "when you fall off a horse you immediately have to get back on" in a gentle way with Christian.

:previous: You are correct, UserDane. There was a report from the summer that talks about Prince Christian getting his first pony. He is also learning to ride. I will try to find the link.

Edit: Here it is:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=970354&postcount=259

there is that famous clip of Frederik falling off his hourse as a little boy and crying and hiding behind the bushes because he did not want to get back on (and having to by his father, who did not put him back on himself but had a servant do it and with whom he at times had a difficult relationship). Frederik will probably handle the situation "when you fall off a horse you immediately have to get back on" in a gentle way with Christian.

Is that story with Frederik and his father true? What a sad story. When I see pictures of Frederik with his children I see lots of love and tenderness. I can only imagine him as a very tender and committed father who loves his children so much. The bad impact of the loneliness he must have felt as a little boy with a father not be able to show affection and love towards his own son must be immense. No wonder that you never get rid of the feeling that Frederik is among the future regents in Europe the most reluctant one, in conflict with his destiny, if you want to see it that way. Hopefully he will teach Prince Christian with a more confidant awareness to his future role as being the Crown Prince and later the King of Denmark. Ánd hopefully Frederik will be a better role model for Christian than Prince Henrik ever was to Frederik.

Could you possible find this video? :)
I know Henrik and Margrethe were distant with their children, and I am glad to see Prince Frederik is not the same way with Christian and Isabella. :flowers:

Last edited:
Oh he is such a sweet boy. Happy Birthday to him!

Four already!! He is such a cute little boy. Hope he has a happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom