Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it most interesting, how some can judge from one photo, if she drove a few meters or not or if she drove fast or slow. I´d say a career as experts in trials on traffic accidents, they shouldn´t aim ;)

It doesn´t matter, if she did it in an US state, where it is forbidden or in Denmark...in Denmark they don´t get punished for dangerous driving (something many members of the family are still into...no matter, if they had an accident 100 years ago...remember the story with the baby at Isabella´s christening) and in the US the diplomatic apparatus would get involved. ;)

I find the whole situation difficult to judge as this was a private vacation and the family wasn´t official...but of course Mary is a role model and other parents might take such a pic as inspiration or excuse...and who knows, if they would be as "careful" drivers as some members here believe Mary is...;)

However Isabella is cute...and let´s hope no Danish child, Royal or not, would get seriously injured or even killed in an accident with a crosser in the future...

Honestly sometimes I think people just like to find things to complain about. Clearly Mary felt that it was a safe enough thing to do with her daughter, if others feel it is unsafe then don't do it with your own children. It's simple enough really.

Honestly sometimes I think people just like to find things to complain about. Clearly Mary felt that it was a safe enough thing to do with her daughter, if others feel it is unsafe then don't do it with your own children. It's simple enough really.

Some underestimate the dangers of such "fun vehicles" or of driving/skiing without helmets or of not using car seats in cars (with crossers they don´t make much sense IMO) and then I find it only good, if a discussion is springing up from a famous person either acting as role model or doing the opposite.
If this can prevent a child from an serious injury, silly Royalwatching and quarreling about some women, who don´t give a damn about us, makes even sense for a minute.
Different perspectives, different stories, different cultures...Royal boards have taught me a lot of things apart from genealogies and designers.

So having a discussion about a photograph of Mary on a ATV with Isabella where nothing happened is going to prevent a child from serious injury? That's a bit of a reach don't you think? What others do or don't underestimate really has nothing to do with Mary and as I said clearly she felt it was safe enough, if others disagree then don't do it with your own children.

Amelia, I appreciate your down to earth and precise sense of logic :flowers:.

So having a discussion about a photograph of Mary on a ATV with Isabella where nothing happened is going to prevent a child from serious injury? That's a bit of a reach don't you think? What others do or don't underestimate really has nothing to do with Mary and as I said clearly she felt it was safe enough, if others disagree then don't do it with your own children.

I agree! Mary and Frederik are much to loving and good parents to ever do anything to put their children in danger. We cannot live our lives with a what if approach. You know they probably went very slow with the children on board. We have all seen photos of them with the kids. They are constantly supervised by their parents. There may be parts of their lives that people feel we can criticize them on, but not how much they love their children and what good care they take of them.

No, not at all. On other boards ppl were telling stories about injuries out of their local areas, when discussing the picture. Me had self not thought, that those relatively "slow" and massive-looking vehicles can be so dangerously.
I am glad nothing did happen, but obviously bad things can happen with ATVs.

Amelia, I appreciate your down to earth and precise sense of logic :flowers:.
And I appreaciate your logics, that only seem to have one goal: the defence of Mary and Frederik ;)

It's the old safety discussion coming up - WA's and Maxima's children not wearing a helmet when riding a bike with their parents (only during a photo session, but still people complained), Leonor and Sofia not wearing life jackets when on the yacht with their mother and grandma, and now Isabella, not wearing a helmet when riding a fun vehicle with her mother.

At the end of the day the parents are responsible and we should all trust that they know what they are doing and have not forgotten about their children's security. I am sure they haven't because it's an issue they have to think about every day anyway.

Yes they are all role models but these days I feel there is a "health and safety overkill" going on in society, thinking of all these poor children like me, growing up without any helmets or even safety belts in cars, almost a miracle from today's perspective that we made it into adult life in one piece. Safety is important, yes, but as long as no royal does a Michael Jackson, holding the kid over the balustrade of the palace balcony, everything is quite in order, at least from my point of view.

I agree with Duke of Marmalade there's a health and safety overkill in society these days. Mary is the mother here she did what she believed was right. I personally wouldn't have even got on the ATV because I don't feel safe around them, but Isabella is not my child so it's none of my bussiness really.

No, not at all. On other boards ppl were telling stories about injuries out of their local areas, when discussing the picture. Me had self not thought, that those relatively "slow" and massive-looking vehicles can be so dangerously.
I am glad nothing did happen, but obviously bad things can happen with ATVs.

And I appreaciate your logics, that only seem to have one goal: the defence of Mary and Frederik ;)
And for all of their stories there are many more where everything was perfectly fine. Sure bad things can happen with ATV's when used irresponsibly, bad things happen with cars too when they are not used responsibly (and I'm sure most of these people have stories of someone who was injured in a car accident too) but that does not stop people from driving every day. If Mary felt it was a safe thing for her and her daughter then that was her choice. If people don't like ATV's, if people think there are dangerous then don't use them. If others do use them and get hurt then that's their responsibility.

Is there a video showing M&F with the children riding these bikes, does the newspaper article actually state, categorically, that they were riding or were they just posing on these bikes with the children? As someone else mentioned most parents are very aware of safety around their children and I am sure that would be a high priority for M&F as well.

Is there a video showing M&F with the children riding these bikes, does the newspaper article actually state, categorically, that they were riding or were they just posing on these bikes with the children?

What a sensible question Stellad :flowers:

According to this link http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/4/Isabella%20sad%20paa%20mors%20seje%20crosser.aspx here is what the BB wrote in Danish:"Da kronprinsparret nød det vidunderlige påskevejr fra den royale jagthytte i Trend, faldt der en lille bonus af til prinsesse Isabella. Hun fik nemlig lov at sidde på mor Marys smarte firehjulstrukne ATV-motorcykel, som hun bruger, når hun skal rundt i området omkring jagthytten. Det var tydeligt, at lille Isabella syntes, at det var utroligt spændende at sidde der og kigge ud over landskabet, og hun bliver helt sikkert ellevild, hvis hun en dag får lov til at prøve, mens motoren er tændt".

And the English translation:
"As the CP Couple enjoyed the wonderful Easter weather from the royal hunting cabin in Trend, a little bonus was given to Princess Isabella. She was permitted to sit on her mother's fancy four-wheel drive ATV-motorbike, which she uses when getting around in the area surrounding the hunting cottage. It was evident that little Isabella found it to be incredibly exciting to sit there and look out over the landscape, and she will certainly be delirious if she one day will be allowed also to sit there while the engine is running".​

I don't think Isabella is in risk of any danger when sitting with her mother on an ATV with the engine not running :rolleyes:.

But a helmet is needed anyway :whistling: - a squirrel might pass by, throw a not, and hit her on the head................:ohmy:. Forests are such dangerous places :whistling:.

Birthday guests Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arrive
for the private birthday party of Princess Isabella, April 21 :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

But a helmet is needed anyway :whistling: - a squirrel might pass by, throw a not, and hit her on the head................:ohmy:. Forests are such dangerous places :whistling:.

From the moment I saw the pic I was waiting for the complaints about helmets ectera to start and being a country girl who grew up with motorbikes/ATVs my perspective was always going to be different to most peoples. :flowers:Thank you for translating Lilla if people had looked at the wheel hubs in the smaller pic you can see they arent moving and notice Marys right hand is not even touching the accelerator:lol:
As to protection from Danish squirrels (my they sound dangerous) I would recommend teaching Isabella to shoot and have her toddle around with a loaded gun then people would have something to really be shocked about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
As to protection from Danish squirrels (my they sound dangerous) I would recommend teaching Isabella to shoot and have her toddle around with a loaded gun then people would have something to really be shocked about:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, you are so right Kbear :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....................and, knowing the danger of Danish squirrels, she should be taught how use a bazooka as well!!!!

Oh my God! What kind of squirrels have you got in Denmark, Lila?:lol::lol::lol:

Oh my God! What kind of squirrels have you got in Denmark, Lila?:lol::lol::lol:

The most nasty nut-throwing and ..... :censored:...... ones.

We try to keep it secret. They are bad for tourism...........

Birthday guests Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arrive
for the private birthday party of Princess Isabella, April 21 :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I am pleased to hear that they held a little party for Isabella. I wonder how many guests were there, and if the DRF will release a photo or two?

Thanks for the response Lilla and especially the translation. Would love to know what was in the yellow bag Farmor ( is this the correct term?) brought along for the birthday girl.

You are right Stellad, Farmor is the correct term :flowers:. You can use the term Bedstemor as well. And yes the big question is - what is in her big yellow bag?

I think that Mary herself knows very exactly how she bring up her kids and only she and Frederick knows does their children need helmet or not. I think that Isabella was safe cause her mother knows what she did.

Billed Bladet has an article about Christian and Isabella. The title says, "Christian and Isabella-sweet together".

Billed-Bladet - Christian og Isabella - søde sammen

It talks about how the two children enjoy spending time together, even though they still fight like siblings usually do.

When I looked pics where Mary and kids were at horse show and how Christian react when Mary played with Isabella I thought that Christian is really mom´s boy:) It´s just shows that Christian is really close to her mom but he must understand that now there is one littleone more - his sister. But I think that it´s normal when there are more than one kid in family....

Those pictures with the little pink VESPA were taking in Australia this last summer!

Danish Royal Watchers: Happy birthday Princess Isabella!

According to the blog, the birthday girl is being familiarised with the same nursery school as Christian attends. They also describe her short life and provide some interesting info at the end of the main body of writing.

How are they registered at the nursery school? From what I understand that family has no surname whatsoever. Is Christian registered as "Christian Donaldson"?

They have Glucksborg as one of their names, or they could have registered the children as "Christian Denmark" or "Christian Monpezat". It is a really good question, and I am sure the school wouldn't share the info with the public, but now I am curious too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom