The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope we can get to see some pictures of Christian in his first day of school! Does anyone knows if the school in Denmark has already began?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
what is the current situation with Christian and his education - today we have seen Leonor start her first day at school but i was wondering at what age will Christian start school and when wil Isabella start at the day care centre
I think I once read somewhere that Danish kids start to attend primary school around the age of 6 or 7.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Christian started to attend the day care center shortly before Isabella was born. So around the age of 1 1/2. I guess that's when Isabella is going to start aswell.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

In Denmark, the children are 6 years on average when they start school. Until then, it is daycare and kindergarden while the parents work - but that is play, not school.

There are children who start at age 5, but most people (including me ) find that age 6 is early enough. Children should be children as long as they possibly can
Old 09-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
In Denmark, the children are 6 years on average when they start school. Until then, it is daycare and kindergarden while the parents work - but that is play, not school.

There are children who start at age 5, but most people (including me ) find that age 6 is early enough. Children should be children as long as they possibly can
I think it's similar in most countries and whether it's called "school" or "kindergarten" or "pre-school" it doesn't really matter. I doubt that Leonor will learn writing etc in her "school" at the age of three, it's all about learning by playing before things get more serious in the real school.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

That is good to hear
Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Christian attend a private day care center, or is it a regular preschool with non-royal, middle-class children?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

¡So cute!

Christian and Isabella are everyday prettier. I think they were not that beautiful as young babies, but now are two very pretty toddlers.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Does Christian attend a private day care center, or is it a regular preschool with non-royal, middle-class children?
As far as I know the kindergarden Christian attends in Fredensborg is run by the local authorities which means that it is open for everyone, non-royal, middle-class and non-middle-class.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

BB Gallery of Prince Christian
Billed-Bladet - Billedserie - Prins Christian en frisk vildbasse

Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think it's similar in most countries and whether it's called "school" or "kindergarten" or "pre-school" it doesn't really matter. I doubt that Leonor will learn writing etc in her "school" at the age of three, it's all about learning by playing before things get more serious in the real school.

Just an FYI tidbit. In the US where I live there is Daycare which can be for a variety of ages. They basically babysit your children at a center. It is usually private, but can on rarely public. They may be taught things like shapes, colors, do a nature walk etc. But the primary motive is to care for the children.

Pre-school is where they will start to learn things, like basic concepts: alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes. They may also learn this at a day care, but preschool is different. They go for a certain peroid of time for certain days of the week. The goal is to ready them for kindergarten. They usually get screened to see if there are any deficiencies that need to be addressed before kindergarten.

Kindergarten is around age 5 give or take a year. This is mandatory schooling. Some school districts have half day kindergarten or full day kindergarten or a choice between both. They go everyday. There still is some play, but there is also basic lessons taught.

In my area they also have Early Childhood Education. My son attends this. It is before Preschool. They attend it in my district from birth to about 4 years. It is a place for both parents and children to come together for different classes on a certain day. They usually have Spring and Fall sessions. It is a place to play, learn etc.

Just thought I'd give an example of how this works in my part of the world. Since countries and states are all so different.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Christian is adorable! Thanks for the link HerMajesty.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Great selection of pictures. I dont recall seeing the one of him in the B sweater, is it new? I wouldnt think since the other pictures are old.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Christian is almost three!!! 9 days to go!!! But sorry to move on dear Christian and Isabella, but when is your Mother planning to have a sibling for you, child #3? Please let it be soon so we can play the "What will your name be?" game :)
Old 10-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Aristocracy

Talking about possible photoshoot I think that there will be no big thing caus we already have been so many photos of Christian. I'm sure that big and wonderful birthday will come when Chr turns into 5! But let's wait until tomorrow and celebrate his 3 birthday
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes my opinion also, only when he turns 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Great selection of pictures. I dont recall seeing the one of him in the B sweater, is it new? I wouldnt think since the other pictures are old.
B sweter is from Burberry, it was taken during their holidays in Australia this year!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnessa View Post
Talking about possible photoshoot I think that there will be no big thing caus we already have been so many photos of Christian. I'm sure that big and wonderful birthday will come when Chr turns into 5! But let's wait until tomorrow and celebrate his 3 birthday
Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Yes my opinion also, only when he turns 5!
A little more discussion here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post837045

Old 10-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Just a reminder to all:

Birthday wishes should be posted in this topic.

Thank you.

GT
Danish Mod.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Am I the only one being disappointed that the palace has not released ANY new pictures of prince Christian on his birthday? Even Billed Bladets editor is complaining, gently naturellement!http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...Christian.aspx
Old 10-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

We have seen more than enough from Christian this summer I guess however I would have preferred a different emphasis: much less "inofficial" pictures taken during the private holiday but at least one or two "official" pictures on his birthday instead.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
Am I the only one being disappointed that the palace has not released ANY new pictures of prince Christian on his birthday? Even Billed Bladets editor is complaining, gently naturellement!www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/10/Annemette%20Krakau%20Tillykke%20med%20Christian.aspx
They didn't release pictures last year either. I only think the Crown Prince Couple wishes to release pictures when the birthday is "round" so-to-say, as in 1,5,10 etc.
In addition to that, I think they've shown Christian to the public enormeously these last months. In Australia(at the photoshoot and all the inofficial "shopping" and "playing" pictures), when Isabella received her christening present, on the balcony at Fred's birthday, in their summer vacation in Denmark, as well as when Prince Henri visited the zoo with his grandchild.
I think it is completely normal that you don't want to expose your kids to much to the limelight while they are small and while Mary and Frederik can still protect them. They are going to be chased by photographers the rest of their lives anyway, and just see what happened to Princess Di.
They are just kids, and there will be lots of oppurtunity to see them in the future.

IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
We have seen more than enough from Christian this summer I guess however I would have preferred a different emphasis: much less "inofficial" pictures taken during the private holiday but at least one or two "official" pictures on his birthday instead.
I totally agree, I would have liked that better too.

But we can't change that they chose to show them more inofficially.

Tags
christian, isabella, prince christian, princess isabella