Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we can get to see some pictures of Christian in his first day of school! Does anyone knows if the school in Denmark has already began?

what is the current situation with Christian and his education - today we have seen Leonor start her first day at school but i was wondering at what age will Christian start school and when wil Isabella start at the day care centre
I think I once read somewhere that Danish kids start to attend primary school around the age of 6 or 7.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Christian started to attend the day care center shortly before Isabella was born. So around the age of 1 1/2. I guess that's when Isabella is going to start aswell.

In Denmark, the children are 6 years on average when they start school. Until then, it is daycare and kindergarden while the parents work - but that is play, not school.

There are children who start at age 5, but most people (including me ;)) find that age 6 is early enough. Children should be children as long as they possibly can :)

In Denmark, the children are 6 years on average when they start school. Until then, it is daycare and kindergarden while the parents work - but that is play, not school.

There are children who start at age 5, but most people (including me ;)) find that age 6 is early enough. Children should be children as long as they possibly can :)

I think it's similar in most countries and whether it's called "school" or "kindergarten" or "pre-school" it doesn't really matter. I doubt that Leonor will learn writing etc in her "school" at the age of three, it's all about learning by playing before things get more serious in the real school.

Does Christian attend a private day care center, or is it a regular preschool with non-royal, middle-class children?

¡So cute!

Christian and Isabella are everyday prettier. I think they were not that beautiful as young babies, but now are two very pretty toddlers. :flowers:

Does Christian attend a private day care center, or is it a regular preschool with non-royal, middle-class children?
As far as I know the kindergarden Christian attends in Fredensborg is run by the local authorities which means that it is open for everyone, non-royal, middle-class and non-middle-class.

I think it's similar in most countries and whether it's called "school" or "kindergarten" or "pre-school" it doesn't really matter. I doubt that Leonor will learn writing etc in her "school" at the age of three, it's all about learning by playing before things get more serious in the real school.

Just an FYI tidbit. In the US where I live there is Daycare which can be for a variety of ages. They basically babysit your children at a center. It is usually private, but can on rarely public. They may be taught things like shapes, colors, do a nature walk etc. But the primary motive is to care for the children.

Pre-school is where they will start to learn things, like basic concepts: alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes. They may also learn this at a day care, but preschool is different. They go for a certain peroid of time for certain days of the week. The goal is to ready them for kindergarten. They usually get screened to see if there are any deficiencies that need to be addressed before kindergarten.

Kindergarten is around age 5 give or take a year. This is mandatory schooling. Some school districts have half day kindergarten or full day kindergarten or a choice between both. They go everyday. There still is some play, but there is also basic lessons taught.

In my area they also have Early Childhood Education. My son attends this. It is before Preschool. They attend it in my district from birth to about 4 years. It is a place for both parents and children to come together for different classes on a certain day. They usually have Spring and Fall sessions. It is a place to play, learn etc.

Just thought I'd give an example of how this works in my part of the world. Since countries and states are all so different.

Christian is adorable! Thanks for the link HerMajesty.

Christian is almost three!!! 9 days to go!!! But sorry to move on dear Christian and Isabella, but when is your Mother planning to have a sibling for you, child #3? Please let it be soon so we can play the "What will your name be?" game :)

Talking about possible photoshoot I think that there will be no big thing caus we already have been so many photos of Christian. I'm sure that big and wonderful birthday will come when Chr turns into 5! But let's wait until tomorrow and celebrate his 3 birthday :flowers:

Yes my opinion also, only when he turns 5!

Great selection of pictures. I dont recall seeing the one of him in the B sweater, is it new? I wouldnt think since the other pictures are old.
B sweter is from Burberry, it was taken during their holidays in Australia this year!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have seen more than enough from Christian this summer I guess however I would have preferred a different emphasis: much less "inofficial" pictures taken during the private holiday but at least one or two "official" pictures on his birthday instead.

Am I the only one being disappointed that the palace has not released ANY new pictures of prince Christian on his birthday? Even Billed Bladets editor is complaining, gently naturellement!www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/10/Annemette%20Krakau%20Tillykke%20med%20Christian.aspx

They didn't release pictures last year either. I only think the Crown Prince Couple wishes to release pictures when the birthday is "round" so-to-say, as in 1,5,10 etc.
In addition to that, I think they've shown Christian to the public enormeously these last months. In Australia(at the photoshoot and all the inofficial "shopping" and "playing" pictures), when Isabella received her christening present, on the balcony at Fred's birthday, in their summer vacation in Denmark, as well as when Prince Henri visited the zoo with his grandchild.
I think it is completely normal that you don't want to expose your kids to much to the limelight while they are small and while Mary and Frederik can still protect them. They are going to be chased by photographers the rest of their lives anyway, and just see what happened to Princess Di.
They are just kids, and there will be lots of oppurtunity to see them in the future.

IMO.

We have seen more than enough from Christian this summer I guess however I would have preferred a different emphasis: much less "inofficial" pictures taken during the private holiday but at least one or two "official" pictures on his birthday instead.
I totally agree, I would have liked that better too.

But we can't change that they chose to show them more inofficially.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can BB know, that the CP family is celebrating Prince Christian´s birthday in the family´s hunting hut?

IMO it´s ok there are no pictures...esp. no ones from Steen I or Steen II. It´s good, that their photoshop programmes are "off" this time ;)

How can BB know, that the CP family is celebrating Prince Christian´s birthday in the family´s hunting hut?

IMO it´s ok there are no pictures...esp. no ones from Steen I or Steen II. It´s good, that their photoshop programmes are "off" this time ;)

My guess is that the royal house released this information to them. Maybe they did this because they weren't going to release photos this year.

They didn't release any pictures last year, so I don't think we will see any this year.

I think it is very easy to know where they are, just stand outside the hunting hut house and they will appear outside if they are there! They ussualy gfo there to celebrate Prince Christian birthday and there is a way for them to make some vacations also, so it most likely that they are there for this weekend!

i am doing my daughter's bedroom and i was wondering what kind of bedroom and furniture might have Isabella, of course my daughter is into the princess staff , like all the little girls and shewants her princess room, anyone has any idea about how would be Isabella's room or may be from any other little princes?????

Well my ideia is that is really not a PRINCESS LOOK bedroom, like too mucht pink and so on! I think lots of handmade things and wood toys and maybe a pale blue and a little bit of pink! But I think that lots of handmade things and tradition denmark toys and covers!

He's getting so big! Thank you for the link, Marmi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom