Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could just use their titles - but all we'll ever be likely to have is speculation

i am curuois too, what would be the last name?

They have Glucksborg as one of their names, or they could have registered the children as "Christian Denmark" or "Christian Monpezat". It is a really good question, and I am sure the school wouldn't share the info with the public, but now I am curious too!

Probably just like Mary's name tag on her army uniform: 'Princess Mary'.
So the children can be registered as 'Prince Christian' and 'Princess Isabella'

That is an interesting question - I guess they could pick any number of things. When Frederik when to university in the USA, he registered as Frederik Henriksen - Henrik's son.

A larger discussion about the family's last name can be found in this thread. Quite interesting, several different possibilities, not many families can say that!

yes, i recall frederik's name in harvard was frederik henrikson or something similar. probably christian is "christian frederiksen" (or even glucksborg?)?

yes, i recall frederik's name in harvard was frederik henrikson or something similar. probably christian is "christian frederiksen" (or even glucksborg?)?

Glucksborg is the house name not the family name right?
Else Mary would have become Mary Glucksborg when she married, and DRW had a bit saying about how she wasn't.

But yeah frederiksen might be right. And yes Frederik was Henrikson at Harvard the 20/20 interview said.
x

Glucksborg is the house name not the family name right?
Else Mary would have become Mary Glucksborg when she married, and DRW had a bit saying about how she wasn't.

No Glucksburg is the family name...it has been the name of the family and the house since King Christian 9. became King her in Denmark.
King Frederik 7. diede withe out any children,so the crown went to Christian 9. He took the name Glucksburg form the castel wher he grew up in the north Germany as a childe until he came up to Frederik 7. and his wife her in Denmark.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Glucksburg is the family name...it has been the name of the family and the house since King Christian 9. became King her in Denmark.
King Frederik 7. diede withe out any children,so the crown went to Christian 9. He took the name Glucksburg form the castel wher he grew up in the north Germany as a childe until he came up to Frederik 7. and his wife her in Denmark.

Danish Royal Watchers: May 2006

"'All tears and kisses for our Mary Glucksborg' (Actually a deceptive headline, Mary doesn't have a surname, the Royal House has a name but that is not a surname for the family. Mary is Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark.)"

So thats wrong then?

And isn't the house name Laborde De Monpezat now?
I apologise if this is suppose to be in another thread.
x

The Danish Royals do not have a surname. They themselves have said that. The are the house of Glucksburg if people need to put some sort of name to them. But I do not even recall the Danish royals calling themselves part of the house of Glucksburg. Laborde De Monpezat is not the last name either. They just added a new title to the decendants of the Monarch, Count of Countess de Monpezat. Due to Henrik being a titled de Monpezat. It is not a surname. Fred did use the surname Henrikson. Which litterally means the son of Henrik. Which is what he is, when he studied in the USA. He was required to have a surname to register for the school, which is why they choose it. The Danish Royals do not have a surname.

I almost think that Christian is registered at the Kindy as Pr Christian. In an interview sometime last year Fred said that Christian had asked why they did not have a surname. Hope one of the Danish members can recall that interview.

It would be interesting to know how Mary&Frederick is explaining their kids who they are and what role they have and from what great house they are came ... And are they being raise differently cause they have to accept that they are royal kids and they can´t do whatever they like and and they have duties and so on and on........

All these thoughts came when I read about Chirstian´s question about surname...

Billed-Bladet has an article that talks about how little Christian is crazy about driving an electric car that once belonged to Queen Ingrid. He is only allowed to drive it if he is sitting in an adult's lap. He shouts, "tractor" when he sees the car.

Billed-Bladet - Prins Christian er vild med oldemors elbil

I love the photo of Christian at the wheel!

Billed-Bladet has an article that talks about how little Christian is crazy about driving an electric car that once belonged to Queen Ingrid. He is only allowed to drive it if he is sitting in an adult's lap. He shouts, "tractor" when he sees the car.

Billed-Bladet - Prins Christian er vild med oldemors elbil

I love the photo of Christian at the wheel!

Yes it is quite funny. It looks like a a golf cart. Frederiks being very portective of Christian in the picture. :flowers:
Thank you sgl.

Love the photo of them with their noses pressed against the window!

They look so cute in that picture. They really are wonderful if not sometimes naughty children. :lol:

How cute! :) My fave is that with the noses :lol:

I didn't know there was a special thread dedicated to my cuties.I really love them.Isabella's laughter is hilarious!!!

One picture that I wish they had included was from this last winter when the family were on a skiing holiday. The two kids are on a sled, facing each other, and just staring at each other. I think they are in goggles. It's so cute and made me laugh when I saw it.

What fantastic photos, Christian and Isabella are simply adorable.
It is hard to pick a favourite one, maybe the one with their faces pressed against the glass.
Christian is a little charmer and Isabella is beautiful and I like her spunk.

I didn't know where else to put this. So if it belongs somewhere else, moderators please move it.

I read on Infanta Leonors wikipedia page that Prince Christian had the stem cells in his umbilical cord frozen?
Is this true?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom