Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 2: June 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabella is a gorgeous baby! I love her beautiful blue eyes. My, my, the Danish CP family is one heck of a good looking family. Can you imagine all the attention Christian and Isabella are going to get once they hit their teens and all the tabloids will be trying to pair them off with the other royal kids? ;)

Lovely pics...Isabella is so cute.... she´s indeed a lovely baby...

Okay, well, I do, see a difference.
Indeed! Blue is neither just nor only Blue! :flowers:

Isabella has wonderful blue eyes, but when I look at my great-niece I see eyes that are such a blue as to be almost silver, exactly like her late grandfather. It is very striking, and not a little weird to look into eyes so like another . . . it sent all the family rumaging for old colour photographs just to prove we weren't imagining it. :ohmy:

Isabella's are also vividly different, sapphire or even a hint of violet? I haven't seen enough photos of Christian to say that they are the same, but needless to say, I am now on the hunt. :flowers:

Okay, well, I do, see a difference.

Photo agencies (like PPE) do photoshop their photos, so depending on which photo you look at and from which news agency you will see a difference.
The photos on the couple's site look alot more natural than some released by other agencies imo.

She looks gorgeous! Beautiful blue eyes! I like the fact that they share such wonderful times with us!

i can see

i can see a little bit of mary in little bella

certenly she is beautiful and christian too! incredible both kids with blue eyes when Mary has brown eyes and Maxima has the 3 girls with brown eyes, it is amazing to see ho genetic works sometimes!:flowers:

Ashelen, it is obvious that CPss Mary is a brown/blue eyed person genetically - which means that she can pass on either brown or blue eyes. However, the odds are that CPss Maxima is a brown/brown eyed person, so all her children will be brown eyed. However, since CP Willem Alexander is blue eyed, all the girls will be brown/blue.

I must say that the sweet pictures of Isabella show that she is quite like her brother - but I think that she is more like her father than Mary. One is a lovely age, and it is nice that her father rushed back from a successful sailing competition so that he could be there for her birthday.

Princess Isabella is a very beatiful baby. I should never said it when she was littler. She is just gorgeous, like her brother. Shame on me! I believed the little Princess should be ugly! :eek: And look now at those eyes, this smile, this round cheeks...Oh! How much she is improving! She and her brother are among the more good looking children of the Gotha! :wub::wub:

Vanesa.

Princess Isabella is a very beatiful baby. I should never said it when she was littler. She is just gorgeous, like her brother. Shame on me! I believed the little Princess should be ugly! :eek: And look now at those eyes, this smile, this round cheeks...Oh! How much she is improving! She and her brother are among the more good looking children of the Gotha! :wub::wub:

Vanesa.

Just goes to show you it is easier to be nice. You do not have to take back your words later on.;) A lesson many in here need to learn in the worst way.:D

She is a gorgeous baby. She looks just like her father and brother.

Last edited:
Ashelen, it is obvious that CPss Mary is a brown/blue eyed person genetically - which means that she can pass on either brown or blue eyes.

Excuse me asking, but why is it 'obvious' that the Crown Princess is a 'brown/blue eyed person genetically'? - what's obvious about it, and how did you come to that conclusion? - thanks.

If Mary was a brown/brown eyed person genetically, her children could not have blue eyes. Brown eyes are dominant, so if Christian and Isabella have blue eyes, they are blue/blue. If they would have brown eyes, it's possible they are brown/brown or brown/blue, the last option would mean their children could have eather brown or blue eyes, while with the first option their children would have brown eyes.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
If Mary was a brown/brown eyed person genetically, her children could not have blue eyes. Brown eyes are dominant, so if Christian and Isabella have blue eyes, they are blue/blue. If they would have brown eyes, it's possible they are brown/brown or brown/blue, the last option would mean their children could have eather brown or blue eyes, while with the first option their children would have brown eyes.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, You are wrong, It is obvious that Mary comes from a Brown/brown genes, her father and Mother had brown eyes, but Frederik has blue/blue genes his parents both have blue eyes, so the children could have the posibility of having 50% blue eyes and 50% brown eyes, maybe so far the blue genes have won the race, but is probably that they will have a baby with brown eyes, it is simple.

Look Mette Marit, She has blue/blue genes, her parents had blue eyes, and Hakkon has blue/brown genes, his father has blue eyes and his mother has brown yes, and Ingrid Alexandra has brown eyes, and Sverre has blue eyes, It doesn't matter how genes are on the parents nature, It is just about how the genes are mixed.

Last edited:
Yes, You are wrong, It is obvious that Mary comes from a Brown/brown genes, her father and Mother had brown eyes, but Frederik has blue/blue genes his parents both have blue eyes, so the children could have the posibility of having 50% blue eyes and 50% brown eyes, maybe so far the blue genes have won the race, but is probably that they will have a baby with brown eyes, it is simple.

Look Mette Marit, She has blue/blue genes, her parents had blue eyes, and Hakkon has blue/brown genes, his father has blue eyes and his mother has brown yes, and Ingrid Alexandra has brown eyes, and Sverre has blue eyes, It doesn't matter how genes are on the parents nature, It is just about how the genes are mixed.

(I must put my own two cents in because I love Biology :D)

It is possible that Mary did pass half of the children's blue genes because you don't have to have brown/brown to have brown eyes. Mary's parents may have brown eyes but she could still be a blue eye carrier. She could be Brown/blue but since brown is a dominant trait that's what shows.

Eye colour dominance isn't as clearcut as people thought it once was --- it's not a question of simply one dominant gene over the other but is now thought of as a polygenic trait that requires a combination of many genes with many alleles to determine what one's eye colour turns out to be. Science regardless, those two children are so amazingly cute! To give you in a little secret, I find only a few children to be really cute but those two do cut the cake :)

I think that little princess Isabella, is very much like her father, at the same age.She is adorable.

Don´t know about the rest of you, but I really hate those grandmotherly cardigans that Mary always dresses Bella in. It´s a personal taste thing, I know, but to me, cardigans look strange on toddlers.

I agree, Xandra. I thought that velvet dress of several months back was a bit much and I'd like to see Isabella is some of those trendy, colorful kids' outfits shown at the fashion show. However, I suspect the clothes we've seen have been gifts from dear family members or friends. In my familty, I've noticed we try to be seen wearing a gift even if it's not to our liking.

Oh, I do not even notice the cardigans when I see this lovely little lady. :wub:

If I am right, there's Mary's dad and stepmother there for the celebration.
I thought they had moved back to Australia? It seems the Donaldsons move a lot? (I read Mr Donaldson lived in Scotland, the U.S., Australia, Asia and Denmark?)

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures of Christian running to meet his maternal grandparents are so sweet!:flowers:

The Donaldsons are still living in Denmark. They will be moving to France to retire when Mr. Donaldson finishes his contract in Denmark to teach. They will not move back to Australia.

He was born and raised in Scotland. Emigrated to Australia, taught in the US, Korea, and Denmark.

You inherit genes from both parents. Brown eyes are dominant and blue eyes are recessive. So if you receive a brown eyed gene from one parent and a blue one from the other, you will have eyes that look brown, but you will be able to pass the blue gene on to your children. However if you are blue eyed you have inherited the blue gene from each parent and can only pass on blue.

However, if you are brown eyed you may actually have inherited the brown gene from both parents and so you can only pass on the brown gene, and so all your children will have brown eyes, regardless of the eye colour of their father.

The thing is, when you look at a brown eyed person you can't tell what their eye colour genes are because the blue does not show up. It is only when they have children that you can tell.

So, yes, Princess Robijn is correct.

I hope this isn't too much off subject.

The Donaldsons are still living in Denmark. They will be moving to France to retire when Mr. Donaldson finishes his contract in Denmark to teach. They will not move back to Australia.

He was born and raised in Scotland. Emigrated to Australia, taught in the US, Korea, and Denmark.
Hm, then they will be very far away from their other grandchildren in Australia...:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom