Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 2: June 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how Isabella has changed!
She looks quite different now.
She's such an adorable toddler!
And wow: She looks so much like Frederik as a toddler!

I just love this picture of Little Mozart Isabella :wub:
Berlingske.dk

I just read a little bit of the English translated interview on Danish Royal Watchers. Mary and Frederik said that they speak mostly Danish to Christian, but he knows some English words, and he learns more and more English. Do you all think that they are going to raise their kids pretty bilingual, even if they don't really mean to (I think they said that he gets the English from Mary's family and friends).

I just read a little bit of the English translated interview on Danish Royal Watchers. Mary and Frederik said that they speak mostly Danish to Christian, but he knows some English words, and he learns more and more English. Do you all think that they are going to raise their kids pretty bilingual, even if they don't really mean to (I think they said that he gets the English from Mary's family and friends).

I'd say that both Christian and Isabella will be raised bilingual, with Danish and English. That way they will be able to communicate with both sets of families without having to look to either of their parents for a translation. I'd also say that they would learn a third language (at a older age) maybe French?

They raise him speaking Danish. He will get formal tutoring/education in English and other languages, most likely Danish and German in the Danish school system. These four languages are what Fred and Joachim speak. Christian speaks a bit of English due to the time with Marys English speaking friends and her family, esp her father and stepmother who have lived in Denmark for several years.

They raise him speaking Danish. He will get formal tutoring/education in English and other languages, most likely Danish and German in the Danish school system. These four languages are what Fred and Joachim speak. Christian speaks a bit of English due to the time with Marys English speaking friends and her family, esp her father and stepmother who have lived in Denmark for several years.

Perhaps they also migth learn Frenche because of ther Grandfarther Prince Henrik is from France.

great photos and Isabella has the blue eyes like her father! She is so cute , both they are!!!

Funny how babies change!!!!, in the early pictures of Isabella especially the ones with her grandparents cousins and brothers, she looked dark haired and that she looked like MAry

I think Isabella is just like Fred, their faces are very similar! But Christian is the boy of the house he is really really cute. I love what he is wearing a very lovely shirt!

I hope this is not a stupid question, but I have only seen photos of Isabella when she was newborn, then when she was five months old and then around Christmas and from Verbier. What about the meantime? Aren't there any when she was 2,3,4 months old?

There were pictures of Isabella released for Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's 40th wedding anniversary last June and for her christening last July.

What a special day for little Isabella, her first birthday. Very dissapointing that there are no pics, is she a second class child in comparison to her brother Christian, the heir who got a whole series of pictures? They could have published at least one or two pics, would be about time since we have not seen much of her during the past months. Maybe they are only like many "normal" families - first child big hoopla, second child not so much effort since we've been here before.

What a special day for little Isabella, her first birthday. Very dissapointing that there are no pics, is she a second class child in comparison to her brother Christian, the heir who got a whole series of pictures? They could have published at least one or two pics, would be about time since we have not seen much of her during the past months. Maybe they are only like many "normal" families - first child big hoopla, second child not so much effort since we've been here before.

I was thinking the same thing Duke, it is rather strange isn't it. There were just so incredibly many pictures released from Chris that we could expect at least one picture. There again the same thing happened right after they got home when we got a whole bunch of pictures from Crstian and none from Isabella till much later. Too bad though, because we sure haven't see her in quite some time!! Not since the skeeing I think.

well Christian is the Heir isnt' he? So yes he is more important than his sister!

Actually Crown Prince Frederik is the Heir, You can se that Prince Christian is just Prince not Crown Prince. He will be Heir when Frederik become King.!

I was thinking the same thing Duke, it is rather strange isn't it. There were just so incredibly many pictures released from Chris that we could expect at least one picture. There again the same thing happened right after they got home when we got a whole bunch of pictures from Crstian and none from Isabella till much later. Too bad though, because we sure haven't see her in quite some time!! Not since the skeeing I think.
The pictures of Christian were not release before 3 p.m american time, which would be about 8 in the evening in Europe, princess leonor.

So, nothing is set in stone yet, pictures might appear in an hour or so.

I understand the parents wish to keep the childrens lives as private as possible but the future of any royal house is dependent on among other issues the public's perception and wish to identify with the royals. The balance between privacy requests and the privileges associated with being a royal is a very fine line. Why should the public in general support a member of the royal house that is kept too private. Photo's from the crownprince's daughter's first birthday has a much larger impact than just being a one-year olds birthday.

The pictures of Christian were not release before 3 p.m american time, which would be about 8 in the evening in Europe, princess leonor.

So, nothing is set in stone yet, pictures might appear in an hour or so.

Really? oh that's good to know, thanks!! Do you happen to know if they're still in the US celebrating Isa's birthday or back home?

Blue-eyed looks like her Daddy little princess with strawberry-colored sweater and flowered dress.

I love especially Daddy's Girl picture and family photo with balls.

What a cuteypie ! :flowers:
I'm so glad they released pictures .. ;)
They're a beautiful family!

http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com.au/2008/04/princess-isabellas-birthday-photos.html, sorry I don't know how to post the direct link

Thanks so mcuh for posting this link :flowers: So happy to be able to see these pictures. Isabelita is absolutely adorable :wub: The pictures are very sweet especially the one of Cristian and Isa together. Love the birthdaycake! I can't seem to figure out who she looks after, mommy or daddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Direct link to the PPE Gallery:

PPE Agency

What a cute doll! :wub: Isa definitely looks alot like her brother when he was in the same age.
Lovely! I love this girl! ;)

These photo are worth the wait, she's absolutely gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom