The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
Yes, You are wrong, It is obvious that Mary comes from a Brown/brown genes, her father and Mother had brown eyes, but Frederik has blue/blue genes his parents both have blue eyes, so the children could have the posibility of having 50% blue eyes and 50% brown eyes, maybe so far the blue genes have won the race, but is probably that they will have a baby with brown eyes, it is simple.

Look Mette Marit, She has blue/blue genes, her parents had blue eyes, and Hakkon has blue/brown genes, his father has blue eyes and his mother has brown yes, and Ingrid Alexandra has brown eyes, and Sverre has blue eyes, It doesn't matter how genes are on the parents nature, It is just about how the genes are mixed.
(I must put my own two cents in because I love Biology )

It is possible that Mary did pass half of the children's blue genes because you don't have to have brown/brown to have brown eyes. Mary's parents may have brown eyes but she could still be a blue eye carrier. She could be Brown/blue but since brown is a dominant trait that's what shows.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Commoner

Eye colour dominance isn't as clearcut as people thought it once was --- it's not a question of simply one dominant gene over the other but is now thought of as a polygenic trait that requires a combination of many genes with many alleles to determine what one's eye colour turns out to be. Science regardless, those two children are so amazingly cute! To give you in a little secret, I find only a few children to be really cute but those two do cut the cake :)

Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Royal Highness

I think that little princess Isabella, is very much like her father, at the same age.She is adorable.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Don´t know about the rest of you, but I really hate those grandmotherly cardigans that Mary always dresses Bella in. It´s a personal taste thing, I know, but to me, cardigans look strange on toddlers.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Gentry

I agree, Xandra. I thought that velvet dress of several months back was a bit much and I'd like to see Isabella is some of those trendy, colorful kids' outfits shown at the fashion show. However, I suspect the clothes we've seen have been gifts from dear family members or friends. In my familty, I've noticed we try to be seen wearing a gift even if it's not to our liking.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Oh, I do not even notice the cardigans when I see this lovely little lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
More information from DRW's regarding Princess Isabella's birthday. One more photo series as well.

Enjoy
If I am right, there's Mary's dad and stepmother there for the celebration.
I thought they had moved back to Australia? It seems the Donaldsons move a lot? (I read Mr Donaldson lived in Scotland, the U.S., Australia, Asia and Denmark?)
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

The pictures of Christian running to meet his maternal grandparents are so sweet!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Courtier

The Donaldsons are still living in Denmark. They will be moving to France to retire when Mr. Donaldson finishes his contract in Denmark to teach. They will not move back to Australia.

He was born and raised in Scotland. Emigrated to Australia, taught in the US, Korea, and Denmark.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Nobility

You inherit genes from both parents. Brown eyes are dominant and blue eyes are recessive. So if you receive a brown eyed gene from one parent and a blue one from the other, you will have eyes that look brown, but you will be able to pass the blue gene on to your children. However if you are blue eyed you have inherited the blue gene from each parent and can only pass on blue.

However, if you are brown eyed you may actually have inherited the brown gene from both parents and so you can only pass on the brown gene, and so all your children will have brown eyes, regardless of the eye colour of their father.

The thing is, when you look at a brown eyed person you can't tell what their eye colour genes are because the blue does not show up. It is only when they have children that you can tell.

So, yes, Princess Robijn is correct.

I hope this isn't too much off subject.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
The Donaldsons are still living in Denmark. They will be moving to France to retire when Mr. Donaldson finishes his contract in Denmark to teach. They will not move back to Australia.

He was born and raised in Scotland. Emigrated to Australia, taught in the US, Korea, and Denmark.
Hm, then they will be very far away from their other grandchildren in Australia...
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 04-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh look at those cars!!!!! We can see Caroline Heering there also!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Isabella receives her christening present from Aarhus Council - a playhouse as a copy of Marselisborg Palace

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...2008%20Denmark
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnovoros View Post
Princess Isabella receives her christening present from Aarhus Council - a playhouse as a copy of Marselisborg Palace

PPE Agency

Thanks so much! I'm sure Isabella and Christian will have a lot of fun with the playhouse
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

I've noticed that Christian began to look like his mother, and Isabella - like father. the children are growing so quickly. they're precious.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Wow! I'm sure the kids would enjoy that gift very much
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

JyllandsPosten jp.dk - Prinsesse Isabella i sit nye legeslot has more pictures of the 1:10 large Marselisborg castle copy
Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Here's the direct link to the PPE Pics:
PPE GALLERY

According to BUNTE.de the playhouse cost 22.000€.
Dänische Royals: Schlossherrin Isabella - BUNTE

Isabella is really a cutie pie. As well as her brother.Isa looks alot like her dad.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Time for this thread to be closed. The new thread can be found here.