Prince Christian and Lille Prinsesse, Current Events 1: March 2007 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks very much like her mother not only by the hair but also she has the same big, round and dark eyes as Mary has and seemed to have in the picture where she is only a couple of months old. I think it´s great that Christian looks like his father and grand-papa Henrik while Lillepigen looks like her mother and grandmother Henrietta (just noticed that the names Henrik and Henrietta are very similar :))

bbb said:
...when the kids running into the street in front of a car, what? you're supposed to yell "wait honey lets talk about your feeling about being flattened by a car" ...

Sorry, I know it's off topic but ...

BAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Thanks for my second giggle in this thread! :flowers:

UserDane said:
LOL - yes I know was is the operative word here; but I'm willing to cut him some slack since he is now over 70 and seems to have decided to enjoy his interest in good wine and food to the fullest!
If Lillepigen takes after him we just have to persuade her to stay off too much good wine and food :D

me too, I think he is a very nice looking older gentleman.

She is just such a gorgeous little sweetpea, thanks for the pics. Very much appreciated. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
To see a beautiful close-up shot of the Lille Princseese at the royal yacht Dannebrog celebrations and to read about Frederik's birthday celebrations, please click here. Link DRWs photos from Billed Bladet please scroll to post #183.

The one of her in her carrier at an angle? She's probably wondering what's going on around her. She is a cute babe.

She's very cute. She's going to have to get used to the cameras. They're prepping her early!:lol:

She's a sweet little girl.

biboquinhas said:

These two are the same. I think its one of those baby pushers that yu can adjust the handle to the front or back. Besides that, she might of broughten them all or maybe 2 or three of them were gifts. Anyhow, christian and little princess can share them all:)

biboquinhas said:
lets wait and see, little Princess could share this one now http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...RIVALS-003.jpg
I think Mary has other BABY car when she went to Jutland and she gave a walk on the beach she has another car, but I cannot find the pictures sorry!

This one is the easy removeable part of a car seat for babys. Some of the other prams/stroller have been gifts. Btw. the couple also got a carrier bag made of mink fur for Christian.

Such a little sweetheart.

She looks cute!!! I think she´s has some resemblance to Christian!!!

Update about the christening of the new princess. Click here to read it.

Basically the article notes that the christening will be a small one compared to Christian's. The July 1 event, held at Fredensborg Slotskirke (chapel) will be followed by a small private lunch and presentations of gifts. The list of guests has yet to be released from the Danish court.

The article also states that Frederik has many sailing events to attend to following the July 1 event.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/TV2.sk reported yesterday, June 6, about the christening. They noted the time for the event will be at 11:30am. Furthermore, the lunch following the event will be for close friends and family only at Kancellihuset. They also note that Frederik "...shall after the [christening will] join in by one bd Nanoq to Farr Open Scandinavian Championship p Hank no Frederiksstad." (no idea what that means, if you do, tell me.)

*If you speak Danish and would like to translate the entire article or report from TV2 (using your own words) please do so. Members would appreciate it.

GlitteringTiaras said:
They also note that Frederik "...shall after the [christening will] join in by one bd Nanoq to Farr Open Scandinavian Championship p Hank no Frederiksstad." (no idea what that means, if you do, tell me.)

*If you speak Danish and would like to translate the entire article or report from TV2 (using your own words) please do so. Members would appreciate it.
The text is:
Tronfølgeren skal efter planen deltage med sin båd Nanoq i Farr 40 Open Nordic Championship på Hankø nær Frederiksstad.

Meaning that Frederik is scheduled to participate in Farr 40 Open Nordic Championship at Hankø near Frederiksstad.
The article is about the christening being small-scaled compared to Christian's (as already quoted in previous posts) and that the guests probably won't be hanging around too long since Frederik is supposed to be in Norway at 11 am the following day.
According to the article the christening will be shown on TV2.

You know, I think it's sort of sad that less pomp (I guess that's what you call it?) is given to this child (as in the # of cannons fired, the grandness of the christianing...ect.ect.). You know? Just because she's a girl. Or is it also because she's second-born? Would a second-born son have gotten the same treatment as Lille Prinsses is getting? I'm not trying to sound or be negative, but I was just wondering. I'd thought that them both being children of the CP couple, they'd get the same treatment.

Last edited:
The difference almost certainly has to do with Christian being a future king I think, not the sex (definitely not the sex - think people here would probably love a grand show for Lillepigen ;) )

UserDane said:
The difference almost certainly has to do with Christian being a future king I think, not the sex (definitely not the sex - think people here would probably love a grand show for Lillepigen ;) )

I agree UserDane. Christian got all the pomp & circumstance for his birth/christening because he is the future king. And with Lilleprinsesse being the first Princess born in over 60 years, the Danes would love a grand show for her aswell, like UserDane said

Mods, isn't it time for a new thread? ;)

I think that the event is smaller only because she is third in line. If Mary has another baby, and it is a boy will he because third in line? Putting the little princess forth?

msleiman said:
...If Mary has another baby, and it is a boy will he because third in line? Putting the little princess forth?

Under the current Danish succession laws, yes, that is correct.

I also think, this christening can't have the big pomp and thunder like Chirstian's because who knows - there might be more siblings in store, one, two, three... And the DRF has to justify those kind of events to the public (a.k.a. people who are not found of the spending style of their royals)

RachelD said:
You know, I think it's sort of sad that less pomp (I guess that's what you call it?) is given to this child (as in the # of cannons fired, the grandness of the christianing...ect.ect.). You know? Just because she's a girl. Or is it also because she's second-born? Would a second-born son have gotten the same treatment as Lille Prinsses is getting? I'm not trying to sound or be negative, but I was just wondering. I'd thought that them both being children of the CP couple, they'd get the same treatment.
Being the " spare " certainly has many disadvantages, you must still have the social skills, training and education just in case the worst happened, but must always remember your place if all goes well you are just going to retreat further as more children are born to the Heir, very sad, but thats the real world. I think Prince Joachim is lucky that he also has the nack and education to be a farmer, and has the beautiful Schackenborg Palace.

lyndaW said:
Being the " spare " certainly has many disadvantages, you must still have the social skills, training and education just in case the worst happened, but must always remember your place if all goes well you are just going to retreat further as more children are born to the Heir, very sad, but thats the real world. I think Prince Joachim is lucky that he also has the nack and education to be a farmer, and has the beautiful Schackenborg Palace.

I think it would have been worse for her if she had been born a boy- that would have repeated the Frederik/Joachim situation, not that Joachim hasn't acted admirably, but as you said, he has to be in retreat mode now that the direct line is secured. As a girl, however, and the only princess to be born in decades, she'll have her own special standing apart from her brother not only within the family, but within her country, as well.

The "spare" isn't going to have a christening or a wedding as grand as the heir/heiress because they aren't the first in line to rule the country. Granted they aren't going to be completely neglected either, god forbid something were to happen.

That said, even if their second child was a boy, I doubt anything would be different than it is right now. The only way it would be different was if their first born was a girl and their second child was a son. The first-born would get all the pomp and circumstance as the heiress presumptive (until or if a son is born) and when the son is born, he'll get all the pomp and circumstance as the heir apparent.

I doubt that they are slighting the lille prinsesse in any way.

Sister Morphine said:
The "spare" isn't going to have a christening or a wedding as grand as the heir/heiress because they aren't the first in line to rule the country. Granted they aren't going to be completely neglected either, god forbid something were to happen.

That said, even if their second child was a boy, I doubt anything would be different than it is right now. The only way it would be different was if their first born was a girl and their second child was a son. The first-born would get all the pomp and circumstance as the heiress presumptive (until or if a son is born) and when the son is born, he'll get all the pomp and circumstance as the heir apparent.

I doubt that they are slighting the lille prinsesse in any way.
But Prince Joachim was christened in the Cathedral of Aarhus. And he was in the same position as the little Princess with the only difference that he was a boy. Also the Princess Margrethe, Princess Benedikte and Princess Anne-Marie where all christened in Holmens Kirke and they didn't have succession rights at that time.

Perhaps Frederik and Mary just likes the church at Fredensborg - and like the idea of a smaller-scale christening so close to their own home.

Wonderfull to see those new pics of them from today ! :flowers:

Since the christening is going to be smaller and more low key does this mean the royal turn out will be small as well? I would imagine some royals attending like CP Victoria and CP Haakon and M-M since they all seem to be such good friends. Does anyone know when the guestlist might be released?

GlitteringTiaras said:
Here is a short video clip of the Christening (screaming), GrandDuchessOlga.:flowers:

You can also see the entire christening of Prince Christian here. The video is from NRK Norway.

Slightly off topic, but is there a similar video that shows the entrance of the guests at te Crown Princely wedding? :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom