The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Royal Highness

This is an interesting article. While Fred is a serial monogamist with his girlfriends he seems to have committment phobia where marriage is concerned. Of course with past girlfriends being Danish, Fred could not committ. Now he has the chance to and has been dating Mary for two years...what's going on? I am sure that Mary would have no objections to an engagement but Fred seems to be stalling. What do all of you think?

Old 03-10-2003, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Hi Julia!

Good question as usual. I think that Fred may be stalling purposefully or that he simply isn't ready for marriage yet.

It could also be that Fred has every intention of marrying Mary, but that the couple may want to wait a while for Mary to adjust more to life in Denmark (especially learning the language, history, culture) before it all becomes official. If she is to be the next CP of Denmark and eventually Queen then it would most likely be best for an engagement to be announced once Mary can be presented in the best possible manner to the people of Denmark. Fred may want for Mary to be presented as the next CP of Denmark in a most impressive light.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Hi Jacqueline!

Good response, as usual. :) It seems that Mary might be having trouble with the Danish language (which, as mentioned in the article, she must be flawlessly fluent in to become CP) and other aspects of courtly life (manners, etc...). Pss Alexandra "speaks Danish better than some native Danes" and is so popluar in Denmark that I think it would be incredibly hard for anyone to out do her. While Mary is very cute and appears to have a good and bubbly personality (from pics) perhaps she is lacking in the polish necessary to become a CP at the moment and as you said, perhaps they are waiting for Mary to "bloom".
Old 03-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Courtier

I heard that she recently attended a horse show, but that's about all. I haven't found any new photographs taken at the horse show. But, if I find anything new, I will post them. :)
Old 03-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Royal Highness

Hey Josefine and Jacqueline!

It is quite interesting that things are so very quiet about Mary. I did see, as you said Jacqueline, that Mary attended a horse show and saw some photos as well. She looked a bit peeky...not well at all. I believe that stress must be getting to her. She doesn't look well.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Julia@Mar 25th, 2003 - 6:17 am
I did see, as you said Jacqueline, that Mary attended a horse show and saw some photos as well. She looked a bit peeky...not well at all. I believe that stress must be getting to her. She doesn't look well.
Hi Julia! :)

Mary must be growing weary. I am sure that the entire situation must be a bit frustrating at times. :(
Old 04-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Majesty

www.bt.dk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1900
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	4437  
Old 04-16-2003, 04:21 PM
fred

Hi
I've been reading this forum for some time and I wanted to thank everyone for the pictures and everything. It is just great.
I wanted to know if anyone could translate (part of) this article since I don't speak danish. Thanks
Fred
Old 04-16-2003, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Fred. Thank you for the compliments. :flower: You are very kind!

Umm, I don't speak much Danish but the article is about Mary's weigh loss due to the stress of being under a worldwide microscope, if you will. It discusses the stress that CP Victoria underwent when she was younger and that she suffered from an eating disorder. It also talks about Charlotte Casiraghi's popularity and how very thin she is since the press has taken such an interest in her. It also speaks of the late Princess Diana's fight with bulimia and that Queen Rania is incredibly thin, as well.

The article claims that Mary has lost 10 kilos over the last year.

I hope that helps a bit. If anyone else can help out with the article that would be fantastic!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:02 PM
fred

Thanks Julia!

With everybody tracking them down, no wonder Mary is stressed but if she can't manage now, how will she do if she becomes crown princess?
Old 04-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

No problem, Fred!

That's a good question. How will Mary handle the pressures of life as a crown princess? I would think, and this is just MHO, that once they become engaged (presuming they do) that Mary will have a chance to "settle" a bit. Yes, it must be incredibly stressful having the press breathing down your neck all of the time but what seems worse to me is that some press says that it's only a matter of time before Frederik and Mary are married -- others say this could be a dwindling romance and that Frederik is a comittment phobe. Just to see that in the press would make me nervous if I were Mary! Eventhough what the press says might not be true it still takes a toll. For instance, Grace Kelly lost 10 lbs the week before her wedding she was so nervous. However, almost immediately after she gained it back (plus she got pregnant, too). What a rambling point I am trying to make! Anyway, maybe Mary will relax a bit once somekind of formal announcement is made and if they are married then perhaps she will have a chance to relax totally. I hope that she doesn't develop an eating disorder. I would think that the palace, or more likely, friends and family would help her through this and keep her grounded.
Yes, I would think that the press would be just as eager to follow her every move if she and Frederik become engaged but most of the press will be really positive (allowing her some relief) and she will finally be officially engaged if this all comes to fruition.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Aristocracy

can anyone tell me way does frederik like her anyway?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by billie-jo@Apr 21st, 2003 - 4:23 am
can anyone tell me way does frederik like her anyway?
Hi Billie-Jo.

Well, I suppose that even though some of us may have certain issues with Mary, as far as Fred is concerned she may be a pleasant woman to be around. He must enjoy spending some sort of time with her.

But, getting back to the artilce...EEK! she is too thin. She looks like a lolli pop just waiting to tip over. When I first got a glance of Mary and her pictures in Australia in the beginning I thought that she needed a good twease of the brows, but she looked nice. She was wonderfully healthy looking and her skin looked nice. Now, she seems to be withering away. :(
Old 04-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Courtier

I was just wondering if what does Queen Margarethe think of her??? I mean its like she really has a difficulty in speaking the Danish Language because some newspapers are saying that she is really taking extra effort in studying the difficult language....???

I mean she should really know how to be that confident and calm even though if they are still not married beacuse so much more if they are married how will the danes react????

I really feel sad for Mary because I think she is really trying her best but for these times she really feels confused with all the buggy things going on her head... I hope she can handle it..
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 05-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Majesty

www.billed-bladet.dk
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

From Se Og Hor magazine.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Nobility

What did that Mary do in the third picture up from this one, goose the guy? She needs to go to another "finishing school".
Old 05-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Courtier

I think Mary Donaldson doesn't fit yet to be the CPrincess of Denmark for this time because even though she knows likely about Denmark and the language itself it doesn't mean that she could be a CP right away. Even royals in other countries are criticized with te way they are doing things how much more M Donaldson who still struggles with her danish... :)
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 05-27-2003, 01:46 AM
otter

I think you hit it right on the head Paulette.... I don't think she will ever be CP material IMO. If she had any self-confidence she wouldn't have needed the modeling course
Closed Thread