The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post

Joachim clearly gets his fashion sense from his father!
LOL Joachim!, he wins most interesting dressed.
Between these Asian inspired coats (he also has one in black), his red velvet "playboy" coat and his army camouflage coat ...i cant pick my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Thanks Muhler

If Frederik is down with pneumonia, he might have to cancel his events this week. Most of the people I know who've had it were sick for a week or even two.
Speedy Recovery to Frederik.
When was the party last weekend? He might have gotten sick awhile now...
hopefully he is feeling better now, he is currently regent and his next public event is this Sunday, August 16 at the DM finals in wheelchair tennis .

another event was recently added to his calendar for the 18,
Crown Prince receives US defense chief in private audience...so hopefully he is feeling better

Old 08-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the summary, Muhler

Mary and Marie looked great, as for Joachim... well, that's certainly also a way to dress

It was a nice touch that Mary went with Anna von Lowzow and Joachim and Marie with Christian Lerche-Lerchenborg – Anna and Christian are Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig's older siblings. I also have a personal penchant for Anna von Lowzow, she's one of my favourite documentarists and royal commentators.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Yeah, let's hope it's "just" an ordinary pneumonia and not pleurisy. Had that once and I won't recommend it!

Royalista article with details about Mary's dress: VIDEO: Mary and Marie make stylish entrance at huge castle party | Royalista
Old 08-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Majesty

Isn't it a little concerning that Frederik has pneumonia? As far as I am aware it is Summer in Denmark, the prince is healthy and fit as a buck rat and, as such, fits into none of the obvious risk categories associated with pneumonia except flu, which we probably wouldn't know about.

Over the last few years we have seen an increase in cases of pneumonia in people such as Fred, middle-aged, fit and healthy, often with fatal or near-fatal but life-changing results. It seems the family doesn't see any problem and mostly it's just like flu and gone in a week. Here's hoping for a speedy and total recovery.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Isn't it a little concerning that Frederik has pneumonia? As far as I am aware it is Summer in Denmark, the prince is healthy and fit as a buck rat and, as such, fits into none of the obvious risk categories associated with pneumonia except flu, which we probably wouldn't know about.

Over the last few years we have seen an increase in cases of pneumonia in people such as Fred, middle-aged, fit and healthy, often with fatal or near-fatal but life-changing results. It seems the family doesn't see any problem and mostly it's just like flu and gone in a week. Here's hoping for a speedy and total recovery.
I actually googled this. It's one of the top myths of pneumonia that it only happens during the cold season, to the old and unhealthy
Debunked: 5 Myths About PneumoniaÂ*|Â*Dr. Orin Levine

Maybe his traveling recently was the cause, in airplanes you are basically sitting ducks

hopefully its a speedy recovery
Old 08-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh, I hope Frederik gets well soon. I was hospitalised for two months when I was little due to pneumonia, so I know how harmful it can be. I hope Frederik's pneumonia is just mild.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Wouldn't he be in hospital if it was pneumonia.???
Old 08-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Wouldn't he be in hospital if it was pneumonia.???
No, there are a lot of different forms of pneumonia. Sometimes people need hospital treatment, sometimes not.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Thanks Muhler

If Frederik is down with pneumonia, he might have to cancel his events this week. Most of the people I know who've had it were sick for a week or even two.

He might. But let us hope Frederik is already back on his feet again and fresh as we know him.

There are many types of pneumonia. Many have a so-called 'mild pneumonia'. I had one last year. And that's most probably what a healthy man like Frederik has got as well. It reminds of a bad case of ordinary flu - which lasts just a little longer. Usually about a week, or perhaps two.

And these long flights home with air conditioning can make any sick. They are some bastards those air-conditionings Wasn't it also Mary who a few years ago had to cancel to a birthday party after her and Frederik's long flight home from Chile due to a little too much air-conditioning on the way home.

Anyway, I wish for a speedy recovery for Frederik. His official events this weekend are not changed in the royal calendar.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:09 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the information and link polyesco, I was a little concerned because my 45-year-old friend ended up in hospital having none of the supposed "risk factors" and being fit as a buck rat.

Her general health worked against her, meaning that she wasn't initially diagnosed as having pneumonia and by the time she was it was a 10 days in hospital and months before she had her zap back.

Not a fun time for anyone, but it seems that pneumonia is staging quite the comeback and becoming almost common.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:27 PM
Nobility

There is a vaccine against pneumonia which is good for 5 years. I received the vaccine, but 2 years later, I got pneumonia. I was hospitalized for 3 days, but tired easily for weeks after that. Apparently it's not effective against all types of pneumonia.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

My husband just had PCP pneumonia. It is an air borne Fungus and everyone has it, by the time they are 3 or 4 years old. So when your immune system is very low then it grows like a bacteria in your blood stream. At first it doesn't show up as any type of infection just a high temperature.
I wish Fred a speedy recovery and can't get over the fact someone as fit as him should come down with this.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Serene Highness

Poul Jørgensen, TV-commentator, dead

Poul Jørgensen er død | billedbladet.dk

Poul Jørgensen is dead at the age of 87 years.

He was the first danish and IMO most knowledgeable tv-commentator about the royal stuff.
He has interviewed QMII, CP Frederik and I can´t remeber if he has interviewed the rest of the DRF. One could tell that there was a special bond/understanding between the DRF and Poul Jørgensen.

In 1990 he was granted Knight of Dannebrog.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

BT has made a new Gallup survey describing the Danish royal family's popularity:

As usual, Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik is the DRF's most popular members.

Just after comes Queen Margrethe. Those three are a strong trio in the DRF

How do you rate the Danish royal family's efforts to represent Denmark on a scale of 1-5:

1. Crown Princess Mary - 4.63
2. Crown Prince Frederik - 4.54
3. Queen Margrethe - 4.47
4. Princess Marie - 3.7
5. Prince Joachim - 3.4
6. Prince Henrik - 3.3

BT has also made two separate surveys of Crown Princess Mary and princess Marie. (Why not all of the members, or at least the top-3 Mary, Frederik, Margrethe I do not know... Maybe because BT has a terrible habit to forget the men in the family although Crown Prince Frederik in the survey is the DRF's second most popular member...)

Crown Princess Mary's result is really great!!!

How do you think Crown Princess Mary contributes to the Danish royal family's reputation?

Positive: 72%
Mostly positive: 22%
Mostly negative: 3%
Negative: 2%

How do you think Princess Marie contributes to the Danish royal family's reputation?

Positive: 41%
Mostly positive: 46%
Mostly negative: 9%
Negative: 3%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11225286_514542372038353_6528379493362874847_o.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	296782   Click image for larger version

Name:	11083708_514542368705020_2655414339254998089_o.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	296783   Click image for larger version

Name:	12094939_514542415371682_6193536729390860696_o.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	296784  
Old 10-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

To the moods: I hope it's okay I have posted the Gallup-surveys, as they only are a little part of a big page.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
BT has made a new Gallup survey describing the Danish royal family's popularity:

As usual, Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik is the DRF's most popular members.

Just after comes Queen Margrethe. Those three are a strong trio in the DRF

How do you rate the Danish royal family's efforts to represent Denmark on a scale of 1-5:

1. Crown Princess Mary - 4.63
2. Crown Prince Frederik - 4.54
3. Queen Margrethe - 4.47
4. Princess Marie - 3.7
5. Prince Joachim - 3.4
6. Prince Henrik - 3.3

BT has also made two separate surveys of Crown Princess Mary and princess Marie. (Why not all of the members, or at least the top-3 Mary, Frederik, Margrethe I do not know... Maybe because BT has a terrible habit to forget the men in the family although Crown Prince Frederik in the survey is the DRF's second most popular member...)

Crown Princess Mary's result is really great!!!

How do you think Crown Princess Mary contributes to the Danish royal family's reputation?

Positive: 72%
Mostly positive: 22%
Mostly negative: 3%
Negative: 2%

How do you think Princess Marie contributes to the Danish royal family's reputation?

Positive: 41%
Mostly positive: 46%
Mostly negative: 9%
Negative: 3%

thank you Roskilde
These are very positive numbers, The trio of the Queen, Frederik and Mary have had a steady hold on the top numbers, with Mary and Frederik switching placing some years back. I think the Queen can be quite proud of her heirs.
But all 6 have positive numbers somewhat if we look at the scale from 1-5, I take 3 as being right in the middle
Marie, imo, sometimes has a light agenda but when she is on the job seems to enjoy her events and has a nice personal touch.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Agree. All have positive numbers and this is good for the royal family. Particularly natural for Mary and Frederick future Kings but also to Joachim and Marie offered significant assistance to monarchy.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
All have positive numbers and this is good for the royal family. Particularly natural for Mary and Frederick future Kings but also to Joachim and Marie offered significant assistance to monarchy.
Significant...really?
Old 10-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes what not? I was wrong in the word?
Old 10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Yes what not? I was wrong in the word?
I have kept an eye on the official calendar of the DRF for years, and I would not say that their assistance has been significant for several years now.
But maybe you meant something else.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, danish royal family, danish royals, prince frederik, prince henrik, prince joachim, princess benedikte, princess marie, princess mary, queen margerthe