General News about the Danish Royal Family 1: December 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great portraits, but WHY oh why did the Crown Princess not wear the Malene Birger evening gown she wore too the New Years Court?! It would be wonderful to see it in an official portrait and this would have been the perfect occasion, imo.

I was never a fan of this particular evening gown. But then again I'm not a fan of blue, is general. I'm glade HRH is seated.
I am sure the answer to your quetion is in the group photo. Everybody is in blue, except for the queen standing out in gold. The blue gowns of Mary and Marie mirror the blue in the gentlemen's uniforms. I bet they designed the colour plate very carfully in this.
But I love Mary's blue gown and only wish there were a full lenght photo of her standing (maybe next to Fred?).:flowers:

Oh I'm sure you're probably right. I noticed that myself. I just really don't like blue and I'm particularly indifferent about that evening gown..lol.

These portraits provided Princess Marie (and the Kongehuset website) with her first official portrait.

I'm glade HRH is seated.

As am I, Madame:flowers: It projects an air of elegance and regal authority. It reminds me of the poses of Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain, one of the most beautiful and bejeweled queens in royal history.

I think the photo of Mary seated is aboslutely beautiful -the gown does seem to look much nicer when she is seated somehow than when she is standing - maybe because it is more of an evening gown than a ballgown. The pictures are great (I think I was asking only yesterday if the Danish Royal Website could update it's photos more regularly so it's great to see these new shots!)

As am I, Madame:flowers: It projects an air of elegance and regal authority. It reminds me of the poses of Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain, one of the most beautiful and bejeweled queens in royal history.

'Elegance and regal authority'. Aptly put, Drottning.

It emanates the disposition of courtly portraiture in the traditional style, and so really appeals to me.

I'm just rather dissapointed about the gown. I do hope we never see it again...ever!...lol.

I am still in love with Mary's blue gown. It is one of my favorites on her and she looks lovely in it.
But after reading your remarks I agree that a more formal ballgown would have been more ideal these official portraits.

Crown princesses watchers: Nouvelles photos officielles de la famille royale danoise what intrigues me about the official pictures is that in the ones with just Mary and Fred she is wearing the sash of the Order of the Elephant but in the ones of Marie and Joachim she doesnt wear the just but just the chain. Then the group photo they are all just wearing the chain

Why didnt Marie and Joachim get their pictures taken with the sash rather than the chain?

Last edited:
OMG I love the pictures. The Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Prince Henrik are looking too good. Only the Queen is not good photographed. The young ladies are very beautiful.

I especially love the pictures of Mary alone and Mary with Frederik - she looks so pretty! I like her dress but I'm not crazy about it in the photo of the whole family. It seems mismatched with the other ladies' dresses, both of which have long sleeves.

My other issue with the group photo is Marie's height. Obviously they can't make her any taller ;), but couldn't they have had her stand on a small stool or box or something? It's such a tall family except for her, and to have a sudden drop in height at the end of the row just looks odd. I think Sonja's stood on something in one or two pictures of the Norwegian royal family.

I do, however, love the color scheme for this picture, with everyone else in blue or black and the Queen in gold in the center.

I don't like the way Mary's hair is styled, i love the jewelry and the gown.
Yes indeed the pictures of Mary & Frederik are stunning.
x

yes, i think the reason why mary chose this dress (as opposed to the one she actually wore at the ceremony) was that they tried mary and marie to match in the colour so that there was some balance to the picture. would have been equally nice to see all the ladies wearing different colours though. also, it seems to be one of mary's favourite portrait gowns for mary, she also chose it for her australian portrait!

Berlingske Tidende, TV2.dk(VIP-Royal) and Fyens.dk also have the official Danish Royal Family portrait photogalleries.

We finally see Marie's gown in its entirety. It is beautiful, with nipped bodice. She looks very elegant and that star brooch is very well placed above those pleats (or gathers). She looks extremely well both standing and sitting. One can barely tell she is expecting a baby. Joachim dashing.

I personally don't care for the shade of blue that Mary is wearing. To my taste, it has too much gray in it, as opposed to Marie's, which has such a beautiful jewel tone. Mary still looks beautiful, elegant. Frederick as well.

The queen and Prince Henrik also look elegant.

Very nice picture of the entire family, they look splendid.

I love the portraits of the DRF, they look like the dream RF, princesses, tiaras etc

They are such a beautiful royal family.
Thank you Paty.
x

Yes, they are, they really are. The queen as well as her two sons chose to marry out of the royal houses of Europe (through Prince Henrik was a Count, I believe). Beautiful women and nice looking men - not the same old tired blood-lines.

They look wonderful and the picture is really lovely.

The offical portraits of Danish royal family are very beautiful.:flowers: Princess Mary and Princess Maire looks very elegant and lovely. I love both of their gowns. I noticed Princess Mary's sash of Order of Elephant in one picture and in the other pictures, she did not wear it.:ermm:

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

I think they all looked very regal. I like that CPs Mary changed her dress to match/coordinate with Ps. Marie. I think Marie still has that 'royal b-witch' look on her face in some of the photos though. She needs to work on that in front of a mirror. I'm not sure why Fred & Mary wore their sashes in their photos and Marie & Joachim didn't. Is it because Fred & Mary are the heirs to the throne? And I can't tell if Mary is wearing a sapphire & diamond bracelet or the ruby bracelet that goes with the parure? Can anybody else tell?

There was another picture of Joachim and Marie standing. She is looking up at him, a wonderful picture. It is not in the series of 7.

The post which linked to this picture is gone now. Would it be possible to indicate the same link once again? Thank you.

Nice royal pictures, thanks for posting. Mary and Margrethe have recycled their dresses. I'm sure I've seem those two before.

Here is a story from Billed Bladet that states that Queen Margrethe might be wishing for a new balcony:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...Margrethe skulle oenske sig en ny balkon.aspx

It is a light-hearted story that talks about the growing Danish Royal Family, and compares the very-pregnant Marie with the very-pregnant Mary, who appeared on the balcony in 2007 just 5 days before little Isabella's birth.

Billed Bladet also states that 2009 is a big year for the royal family. They discuss weddings, upcoming births and christenings, and other events in this recent article:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...gt festaar - se hvad der sker i 2009 NY.aspx

Last edited:
Thank you for the link to that wonderful picture of Marie and Joachim. I think it's one of their best.

The Danish media has done another 'public approval rating' on the DRF members. They did one back in 2004, and four years later the results are:

QMII - 81.3%, down from 96.5%
Prince Henrik - 29.8%, down from 41.8%
CP Frederik - 80.4%, down from 90.7%
CP Mary - 82.2%, did not appear in 2004 poll
Prince Joachim - 44.6%, whoppingly down from 84.6%
Princess Marie - 36.6%, did not appear in 2004 poll

Royal ratings drop

:previous:
Interesting to see. Marys' the most popular royal and Margrethe and frederik close behind :flowers:

The Danish media has done another 'public approval rating' on the DRF members. They did one back in 2004, and four years later the results are:

QMII - 81.3%, down from 96.5%
Prince Henrik - 29.8%, down from 41.8%
CP Frederik - 80.4%, down from 90.7%
CP Mary - 82.2%, did not appear in 2004 poll
Prince Joachim - 44.6%, whoppingly down from 84.6%
Princess Marie - 36.6%, did not appear in 2004 poll

Royal ratings drop

One should think, that the drop in approval ratings would be the talk of the day in Denmark, when it comes to the royals. But no :whistling:.

Instead it is whether Prince Henrik shall have the title of King or not. According to Politikken - a very serious Danish newspaper - the majority of politicians in Parliament supports the idea :flowers:.

Prins Henrik kan blive konge - Politiken.dk

I read about that Lilla, and thought "And so the circus begins." I'm all for gender equality, but to the extent that a reigning Queen's husband is a Prince (Consort) and the first male in the land. Giving the title of King to a reigning Queen's husband would create a large amount of confusion, as King is the title above Queen.

Another article, I think on JP.dk, I read said that it would never happen though.

"And so the circus begins." .

Yes, and it is not only the tittle-tattle magazines who has found themselves a nice little hen who is laying gold-eggs. Due to the refferedum on sucession it has become legitimite for the sereous media to jump on the merry-go-round as well.

And the politicians - well they do what politicians do best - try to score some easy point:whistling:........this time at the expense of the Royal Family.

"Another article, I think on JP.dk, I read said that it would never happen though.

I don't think so either. The initiative still have to come from The Royal Family themselves which is also why it is so easy for the politicials to utter their support. The whole issue is compleatly hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom