General News about the Danish Royal Family 1: December 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Marmalade

Imperial Majesty
City
Frankfurt am Main
Country
Germany
The DRF has been labelled "lazy" by Ekstrabladet:

Ekstra Bladet - De royale er Danmarks dovneste familie

Overall, they only work for 80 days per year and don't care about their patronages as much as they should. In the article, examples are given for Prince Henrik who is not even in contact with one of his patronages (Danish Water Ski) or several patronages of Queen Ingrid that were not re-assigned after her death (QM is said to be too busy).

Judging solely from the number of photos I have seen this year of the CP couple performing duties for their numerous patronages, I must respectfully disagree with this article. It appears to me that they work very hard. Queen Margarethe seems very busy as well.

EkstraBladet has an online commentary facility and quite a few readers actually did comment that this article was a classic example of EkstraBladet's "we are stuck in the middle between Christmas and New Year with nothing noteworthy to print, let's dig out some of our most trusted old and tested stories" dilemma ;)

The DRF has been labelled "lazy" by Ekstrabladet:

Ekstra Bladet - De royale er Danmarks dovneste familie

Overall, they only work for 80 days per year and don't care about their patronages as much as they should. In the article, examples are given for Prince Henrik who is not even in contact with one of his patronages (Danish Water Ski) or several patronages of Queen Ingrid that were not re-assigned after her death (QM is said to be too busy).

I agree. This royal family work compared with other royal family, well, it's a shame.:whistling:

The DRF is acutally given credit for working more than last year ;)

Then, Royal Houses have a different style listing events or a different classification what "event" actually means, put it on their official schedule or not. Some list an event as one event, even if it contains 3 "subevents", whilst other make it 4 events.

I agree with userdane, the article might well be a result of the the usual festive news black hole.

To catango, desperately travelling across the country to be present at the opening of almost every sardine can doesn't make a royal family more stable or gives the heir a more capable profile. It only shows how much the institution is already in trouble in other countries.

The DRF is acutally given credit for working more than last year ;)

Then, Royal Houses have a different style listing events or a different classification what "event" actually means, put it on their official schedule or not. Some list an event as one event, even if it contains 3 "subevents", whilst other make it 4 events.

I agree with userdane, the article might well be a result of the the usual festive news black hole.

To catango, desperately travelling across the country to be present at the opening of almost every sardine can doesn't make a royal family more stable or gives the heir a more capable profile. It only shows how much the institution is already in trouble in other countries.

Well, as far as I know, royals family aren't today just to look perfect in a photoshot and that's it, nowadays monarchies are proactive on represent their country in every thing they can, so I don't see that much support in the DRF, I'm sorry, but for me this royal family is the laziest in europe, that's my opinion. Example (Dutch royal family) it is a very solid Monarchy.

And royal family tendency on going down comes from the lack of this families to seems useful for their country, so watch out Denmark.:whistling::ROFLMAO:

I agree CP Frederik doesn't seem to do much, or at least doesn't show much interest. But CP Mary is probably the family's hardest worker.

Well, as far as I know, royals family aren't today just to look perfect in a photoshot and that's it, nowadays monarchies are proactive on represent their country in every thing they can, so I don't see that much support in the DRF, I'm sorry, but for me this royal family is the laziest in europe, that's my opinion. Example (Dutch royal family) it is a very solid Monarchy.
Correction: everything their fellow countrymen are interested in seing them doing. If Danes were wild for having their royals standing in front of a carpet hanging on the wall, I am sure our most obliging royal family would accommodate us :lol:

And royal family tendency on going down comes from the lack of this families to seems useful for their country, so watch out Denmark.:whistling::ROFLMAO:
What does this sentence mean? COuld you please explain? Watch out for what - bad 'royal ratings' like in Spain?

This sentence is impossible to understand. The only thing I can unscramble is that Denmark has to watch out...............

Catango, are you comming to Denmark???? or what????
Is that why we have to watch out??? :whistling:

UH?... *Is confused with these posts*

I don't think that is a fair article. Just look at Joachim, I bet he is handful with his agriculture business. And Mary is really active, at least I see a lot of news about her.

This sentence is impossible to understand. The only thing I can unscramble is that Denmark has to watch out...............

Catango, are you comming to Denmark???? or what????
Is that why we have to watch out??? :whistling:

Well Let me see, QMII Customs Designer, very useful for Denmark, PF sailing almost all the year, very useful for denmark, Mary, perhaps the most hard working of the family has 5 activities in a month, yeah, so hard working.

I just agree with avrilo in what Joaquin concerns, he with his agriculture activities make something important for their country, yeah, but he isn't the heir. so well, I forgot PH what does he do????????????? Cooking.

It is just my opinion, it doesn't have to be accepted for everybody!!!!!

And Userdane, what do you mean, bad 'royal ratings' like in Spain, Do you live there????? Have you heard something???, beacause I don't live in Spain, So I would like to know more.:cool:

It is just my opinion, it doesn't have to be accepted for everybody!!!!!

You can express any oppinion you want - just like everybody else here on TRF can do.

But when you express oppinions like those in your former posts you - just like everybody else here on TRF - have to be capable of providing reliable source to substantiate your claims.

So can you please provide those sources?

Well Let me see, QMII Customs Designer, very useful for Denmark, PF sailing almost all the year, very useful for denmark, Mary, perhaps the most hard working of the family has 5 activities in a month, yeah, so hard working.

Catango, if you had carried out just the bare minimum search, you would have realized that Frederik does more than you give him credit for, but then you wouldn't have the satisfaction of criticizing him.

First, here's a thread of Frederik's sailing competitions from 2003 to present. Although he seems to have been more active in sailing prior to his marriage, Frederik now participates in four yearly regattas. Three more than Juan Carlos and Harald of Norway, but that's hardly sailing all year long as you constantly harp on.

Second, here's Frederik's list of patronages. If you search on the various patronages (For example: tennis + Frederik), you might be surprised to learn that Frederik has been performing royal duties long before he met Mary. You must also realize that royal women are photographed more frequently than the men so there are much less pictures of Frederik at work.

It only means QEII and Duke, King JC and Queen Sofia have firmly installed good work ethics in their children to be like themselves:flowers:. GB and Spain are bigger countries, thus there are more basic royal works out there too. I doubt a lazy heir would survive in either country.
As far as 'rating' goes, the only person who was not doing well in the polls of their own country was Philippe of Belgium.

Well Let me see, QMII Customs Designer, very useful for Denmark ....
Yes, I quite agree:flowers: Such a talented lady in many ways. Her private activities as a designer undoubtedly brings her many joys. Her talent as a painter, translator or her handcraft for churches in Denmark, her embrodery for priests and bishops should not go unmentioned either. But no doubt, you already know this; you seem to be very thorough in your research about a person before making any statement lest it might appear unfounded :)
Tonight we are eagerly anticipating another of her vast array of talents: her excellent performance as a speech writer. No doubt you will be able to find a translation online soon after to satisfy your curiosity :flowers:

And Userdane, what do you mean, bad 'royal ratings' like in Spain, Do you live there????? Have you heard something???, beacause I don't live in Spain, So I would like to know more.:cool:

I think it was a guy, a journalist if I recall correctly, by the name of Penafiel - not sure about the spelling. Try googling him - you might find some of the things he has written.

You can say the same about Jan Körner/EB and the DRF. This isn't objective journalism but one journalist/paper trying to "make waves".

Prince Henrik still has ~70 patronages, with some like Europa Nostra or WWF he is/was very much engaged, with others like the Water Ski Union obviously not. (Honestly, how much support does water skiing need?). But I think that's a 2 way street and it's very much the organisations which decide how much they want to involve their royal patron.
Besides, as Mary said in an interview, the official engagements are only the peak of the iceberg.

In any case, I don't think there are many Danes of 74 years and bad health who are still working. I would say they are already enjoying their retirement. And perhaps Queen Margrethe is not as much involved with "Borneringen" as her mother because she is a ruling queen whereas her mother was queen consort?

And that's where Körners claim that the DRF is lazier than the average Danish family becomes absurd. :cool:

EkstraBladet has an online commentary facility and quite a few readers actually did comment that this article was a classic example of EkstraBladet's "we are stuck in the middle between Christmas and New Year with nothing noteworthy to print, let's dig out some of our most trusted old and tested stories" dilemma ;)

There are always going to be people who are anti monarchy that will always have something bad to say. No matter what nothing the monarchy does will ever be to their standards.

G'day: Danish royal gets Aussie welcome

BY MELISSA LYONS

WHEN Princess Nathalie zu Sayn Wittgenstein of Denmark spent the day discovering the Hunter yesterday there was no tiara or high-security entourage, simply a princess patting a koala.

The Danish royal ventured to Blackbutt Reserve, in New Lambton Heights, during a day break from a four-day riding clinic in the Hunter Valley, accompanied only by close friends Christine Crawford and Jeremy Janjic.
G'day: Danish royal gets Aussie welcome - Local News - News - News Features - The Herald

Danish princess visits Hunter

PRINCESS Mary met her royal Dane at home Down Under, and Hunter gents may have the chance to do the same.

Princess Nathalie zu Sayn Wittgenstein of Denmark, first cousin to Prince Frederick, will call the Hunter Valley home until Saturday with a four-day horse-riding clinic at Val D'Argent Horse Stud at Rothbury.
Drawn to the region by her love of horses, the Olympic dressage medalist will enjoy all the majestic marks of the Hunter during her stay.
Danish princess visits Hunter - Local News - News - General - The Herald

Princess Nathalie zu Sayn Wittgenstein of Denmark

How tragic is the correction process for such articles. Disgraceful!

I agree CP Frederik doesn't seem to do much, or at least doesn't show much interest. But CP Mary is probably the family's hardest worker.
I think you would be wrong there. Much as I am a fan of CP Mary I think you will find that she is merely the most photographed. Fairytail Princesses always are, be it Mary, Maxima, Mette-Merret, Mathilde . . . . even Masako when they could catch a snap.

But I am truely awed by Queen Margrethe. She works hard but she makes it look so easy. She is a hands-on grandmother, mother and Queen. She is incredibly well educated, multi-lingual and a diplomat of great skill in her own right and yet I think her greatest gift is within the world of art. Not only is she a patron but a skilled artist in her own right.

As to whether we think she works hard enough? Who cares what we think. The Danes seem to hold her in great affection and call her Queen Daisy, which is really cool. Imagine those of GB referring the Queen Elizabeth as Queen Lillibet!

Perhaps they meant that she lives in Denmark. That could be one way of reading it.... I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you are right. It is confusing for those that are not royalty followers.

How tragic is the correction process for such articles. Disgraceful!

To the best of my knowlege she is a Princess of Denmark and has alwayes been so. But I might be wrong.

I have alwayes regarded her as a Princess of Denmark. The same goes for her sister Alexandra. Their mother Princess Benedikte is a Princess of Denmark. There is no doubt about that.

Princess Nathalie is not, and never has been, a Princess of Denmark. She is a Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg, of the Siegen Wittgenstein county, North Rhine Westphalia..:flowers:

Princess Nathalie is not, and never has been, a Princess of Denmark. She is a Princess zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg, of the Siegen Wittgenstein county, North Rhine Westphalia..:flowers:

.....but she is a Danish citizen as well :flowers:

Don't know where I should post this exactly but there are new official photos of the Danish Royal Family

www.ppe-agency.com

The photos are of Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Fredrik, Princess Mary, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie. The photos were taken in January.

Thanks Ladys, for sahring.
Here are the pictures without mark from the Royal House:

The pictures were taken on January 1 on the ocasion of the Celebration of the New Year Court.

Information: In Danish
http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=20783

Gallery
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Billedkalender
Royal Family Portrait by Martin Mydtskov Rønne
Crown Prince Couple Portraits by Steen Evald
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie Portraits by Steen Brogaard

Last edited:
the pictures are great, i love danish official pictures, they always look so official and fairy-talish! what was the ocassion for the set of pictures?

Great portraits, but WHY oh why did the Crown Princess not wear the Malene Birger evening gown she wore too the New Years Court?! It would be wonderful to see it in an official portrait and this would have been the perfect occasion, imo.

I was never a fan of this particular evening gown. But then again I'm not a fan of blue, is general. I'm glade HRH is seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom