General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 2: August 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2010.
Derfor må Marie blive hjemme - That's why Marie must stay at home.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Who writes about the reasons why la Marie will not go to Victoria and daniel's wedding.
First and foremost because Joachim is Regent (actually Rigsforstander) while the rest of the DRF is in Sweden. (*)
Marie could go on her own, if she wanted to, in reality she will not go without her husband. It may even be seen a bit akward and perhaps a bit imposing if she were to go alone to the wedding of people, she hardly knows. (**) marie has after all only met Victoria a few times and Joachim haven't got close relations with the Swedish royals anyway.

(*) There must always be a Regent on Danish soil, if the Monarch is away.
Danneborg doesn't count.
She is a residence in Danish territorial waters.
In international waters, she is Danish territory.
In the territorial waters of a foreign country, she is considered a sort of embassy. - The same rules apply to her as to any other warship.

(**) I disagree in that respect. I wouldn't find it akward nor imposing. But I can certainly understand why she wouldn't go without her husband. - To someone she hardly knows.

Although Victoria did attend Joachim and Marie's wedding, it seems that the real friendship is between Victoria and Frederik, and now Mary.

I did not realize that Joachim wasn't on the same friendship level with her as his brother.

Marie will come into these circles gradually, especially if a great deal of her time is at Schackenborg, taking care of her child, performing her royal duties, helping her husband look after the estate, and learning Danish.

I do think we'll se her at the wedding of Joachim's cousin, though, correct? Or is this to be in Germany, with the same rules applying, that someone has to stay behind as regent?

I do think we'll se her at the wedding of Joachim's cousin, though, correct? Or is this to be in Germany, with the same rules applying, that someone has to stay behind as regent?

You mean Nathalie's church wedding?
It shall be in Germany, and someone will have to stay again.
But because that will be a family occasion she may feel more comfortable going on her own.
But to be quite honest I do not understand why she cannot go with Frederik and Mary.

Didn't Joachim & Marie name baby Henrick after the oldest Bernadotte "cousin" to honor the Swedish side of the family ??
I also agree, why wouldn't her BIL, Frederick ask her to join them...............the only way Marie is going to know the rest of the Royals is if she gets included

Didn't Joachim & Marie name baby Henrick after the oldest Bernadotte "cousin" to honor the Swedish side of the family ??
I also agree, why wouldn't her BIL, Frederick ask her to join them...............the only way Marie is going to know the rest of the Royals is if she gets included

Henrik is after his paternal grandfather, Henrik, Prince Consort of Denmark.
Carl is possibly after Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, the last surviving great-granduncle of the little prince, who attended his christening; Carl is also the Danish form of Charles, which is the name of Marie's brother, and also one of Prince Henrik's godparents.
Joachim is after his father, Prince Joachim.
Alain is after his maternal grandfather, Alain Cavallier.

:)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2010.
Derfor må Marie blive hjemme - That's why Marie must stay at home.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Who writes about the reasons why la Marie will not go to Victoria and daniel's wedding.
First and foremost because Joachim is Regent (actually Rigsforstander) while the rest of the DRF is in Sweden. (*)
Marie could go on her own, if she wanted to, in reality she will not go without her husband. It may even be seen a bit akward and perhaps a bit imposing if she were to go alone to the wedding of people, she hardly knows. (**) marie has after all only met Victoria a few times and Joachim haven't got close relations with the Swedish royals anyway.

(*) There must always be a Regent on Danish soil, if the Monarch is away.
Danneborg doesn't count.
She is a residence in Danish territorial waters.
In international waters, she is Danish territory.
In the territorial waters of a foreign country, she is considered a sort of embassy. - The same rules apply to her as to any other warship.

(**) I disagree in that respect. I wouldn't find it akward nor imposing. But I can certainly understand why she wouldn't go without her husband. - To someone she hardly knows.
Dear Muhler,

The word " la" before a female name is extremely vulgar in French.

As to Marie, don't you think that in fact, Danes do not like Joachim, since he divorced and that is reversed upon his new wife?

It seems also that Joachim is more " french" than his brother and that deserves him.

It is just my humble opinion, viewed from a French woman.

Dear Muhler,

The word " la" before a female name is extremely vulgar in French.

As to Marie, don't you think that in fact, Danes do not like Joachim, since he divorced and that is reversed upon his new wife?

It seems also that Joachim is more " french" than his brother and that deserves him.

It is just my humble opinion, viewed from a French woman.

Thank you for your opinion.

I had no idea la Marie would in any way be considered vulgar. In fact it's the first time I've heard that. Out of curiosity why is that?

La Marie is very much meant as an endearment and it has in the last couple of years become a sort of tradition. Had Marie been German I would have called her die Marie.
I hope you will forgive me if I call her la Marie in the future or perhaps petite Marie? Our Marie?
It's just that Princess Marie in so many ways remind me of a funny and sweet younger sister I simple have to tease.

It's true that Joachim after the divorce was unpopular. He was basically blamed for the whole thing. Especially as Alexandra was so popular.
Things have now reached a more balanced view I think in the sense that people realise that it takes two to divorce.
Joachim has never been particular popular. He is too unapprochable or perhaps too aristocratic.
He is however very respected as someone who fullfills his role and duty as a royal very well.
I'd even say more so that Frederik.
Frederik is popular and well liked personally.
Frederik is respected as a devoted husband and caring father and for what he has achieved personally. Sirius, military and so on.
But less so as a royal. Many, including myself, feel that Frederik is less talented from nature in his role as royal than Joachim. In the sense that he is shy and uncomfortable in public and not particularly elequent.
In contrast to Joachim who is elequent, is confident and looks and behaves like the royal he is.
Frederik on the other hand is much, much better at interacting one on one with people. He is more folksy if you like.
And one thing more, which is important in my opinion, he is very good indeed with children. Even better than Mary.

Our Marie appears to be a very sweet, funny and likable person. She is who she is and that princess-stuff, that's a lot of fun and she just does it.
And of course that reflects on Joachim, who is also seen as a devoted husband and the way he and Alexandra handled their divorce and share their children has also given him some respect. Personally I doubt I would have the same tolerant attitude towards Martin Jørgensen as Joachim has. That is a maturity I admire.

It is impossible not to compare Mary and Marie, even though I'm reluctant to do so. They are different persons and they complement each other well. There is a role for both of them in each their different way, I believe.
I have elsewhere compared Marie to someone's younger sister. Funny and likable but also someone you would tease and protect.
Mary I have compared to someone's mother. Someone you like very much but in a different way. Because she is at the same time someone you respect very much as a mature woman.
Do you get my meaning?
It's not the easiest thing to explain.

I hope that answered your questions Theclerk. :)

ADDED: Yes, Joachim is much more "French" in every way than Frederik. Joachim is also extremely fond of France and French culture. In that respect he is very much his father's son. Even though he otherwise resemble his mother in looks and behaviour.

Can't Princess Elisabeth act as regent? She is part of the Royal Family. Or is her health still in question.

Has Elisabeth ever acted as regent?

Thank you for your opinion.

I had no idea la Marie would in any way be considered vulgar. In fact it's the first time I've heard that. Out of curiosity why is that?

La Marie is very much meant as an endearment and it has in the last couple of years become a sort of tradition. Had Marie been German I would have called her die Marie.
I hope you will forgive me if I call her la Marie in the future or perhaps petite Marie? Our Marie?
It's just that Princess Marie in so many ways remind me of a funny and sweet younger sister I simple have to tease.

It's true that Joachim after the divorce was unpopular. He was basically blamed for the whole thing. Especially as Alexandra was so popular.
Things have now reached a more balanced view I think in the sense that people realise that it takes two to divorce.
Joachim has never been particular popular. He is too unapprochable or perhaps too aristocratic.
He is however very respected as someone who fullfills his role and duty as a royal very well.
I'd even say more so that Frederik.
Frederik is popular and well liked personally.
Frederik is respected as a devoted husband and caring father and for what he has achieved personally. Sirius, military and so on.
But less so as a royal. Many, including myself, feel that Frederik is less talented from nature in his role as royal than Joachim. In the sense that he is shy and uncomfortable in public and not particularly elequent.
In contrast to Joachim who is elequent, is confident and looks and behaves like the royal he is.
Frederik on the other hand is much, much better at interacting one on one with people. He is more folksy if you like.
And one thing more, which is important in my opinion, he is very good indeed with children. Even better than Mary.

Our Marie appears to be a very sweet, funny and likable person. She is who she is and that princess-stuff, that's a lot of fun and she just does it.
And of course that reflects on Joachim, who is also seen as a devoted husband and the way he and Alexandra handled their divorce and share their children has also given him some respect. Personally I doubt I would have the same tolerant attitude towards Martin Jørgensen as Joachim has. That is a maturity I admire.

It is impossible not to compare Mary and Marie, even though I'm reluctant to do so. They are different persons and they complement each other well. There is a role for both of them in each their different way, I believe.
I have elsewhere compared Marie to someone's younger sister. Funny and likable but also someone you would tease and protect.
Mary I have compared to someone's mother. Someone you like very much but in a different way. Because she is at the same time someone you respect very much as a mature woman.
Do you get my meaning?
It's not the easiest thing to explain.

I hope that answered your questions Theclerk. :)

ADDED: Yes, Joachim is much more "French" in every way than Frederik. Joachim is also extremely fond of France and French culture. In that respect he is very much his father's son. Even though he otherwise resemble his mother in looks and behaviour.

Muehler, thank you for the above, but Joachim takes after his Father in being very French, so why is Henrik giving Chateau deCaix to Mary (who doesn't speak or understand French or the customs) and Frederick who is just so-so with French. Joachim's three sons will treat French as a second or third language and understand the French customs, and probably have as good understanding of farming to protect this beautiful Chateau. It would help make up to Joachim as always being left behind in everything due to being the Spare.....

No, princess Elisabeth has never acted as regent (rigsforstander).

Before anyone can act as rigsforstander you have to be presented in council of state and swear to the constitution.

Princess Elisabeth has never done, and I don't think it will be done now.

Can't Princess Elisabeth act as regent? She is part of the Royal Family. Or is her health still in question.

Has Elisabeth ever acted as regent?

I would say her health would put her out of the question.

La marie

Thank you for your long and kind reply.

In fact the word " vulgar" was perhaps a little too strong, but in any case one may use the words " common" and "familia"r.

You may find " la" followed by a name in many novels of Simenon ( Maigret) and it never concerns ladies.

However you may call Marie as you want as everybody understands that is it a nice way of speaking from you.

As to Joachim, I plainly share your opinion: He is much more " regal" than his brother.

As to the children, humm .. the little Christian seems to be ...humm ... not so well educated :flowers:than Felix and Nicolai. We often see photos where he seems indeed a very naughty boy:confused:.

Christian is a four year and Nicolai is ten ,I do hope he is knows a little of how to behave. However recently he and Felix were having a push and shove at the airport when with Joachim not so educated for a ten year old, or just being a normal child?

As to the children, humm .. the little Christian seems to be ...humm ... not so well educated :flowers:than Felix and Nicolai. We often see photos where he seems indeed a very naughty boy:confused:.

He is a 4 year old boy, Nikolai is 10.
Not well educated is the wrong word in my opinion, he is just being a child.
I wouldn't expect any child to sit through a 2 hour parade or performance and behave.
One of Joachims son I cannot remember which one, fell asleep at his fathers wedding in 2008.

Thank you for your long and kind reply.

In fact the word " vulgar" was perhaps a little too strong, but in any case one may use the words " common" and "familia"r.

You may find " la" followed by a name in many novels of Simenon ( Maigret) and it never concerns ladies.

However you may call Marie as you want as everybody understands that is it a nice way of speaking from you.

As to Joachim, I plainly share your opinion: He is much more " regal" than his brother.

I see. Thanks.:)

La as in "woman of the town"? I'll keep it in mind and not use that word that often.

Yes, Christian has been known to wail his head off from time to time and isn't that wonderful?
A normal child. I would feel unsettled if he at that age was always well behaved. I think it's healthy that he misbehaves from time to time.

As for Felix and Nikolai, yes they appear to be brought up in a strict way but Nikolai in particular often goof around when the press is present. Felix, well, he appears to always kind and good natured. A very likable boy.

Isabella. I think QMII nailed it when she told M&F that they need no dachshund with Isabella around. :lol:

LyndaW: Are you asking me? If so: I don't know.
Perhaps because Frederik is the oldest son?
Or because Joachim has a farm of his own and hardly needs one more?
Or because Isabella is eventually supposed to inherit the chateau?
Or because the future regent couple can have a refuge in France, just like the present?

Your guess is as good as mine.

He is a 4 year old boy, Nikolai is 10.
Not well educated is the wrong word in my opinion, he is just being a child.
I wouldn't expect any child to sit through a 2 hour parade or performance and behave.
One of Joachims son I cannot remember which one, fell asleep at his fathers wedding in 2008.

It was littel Prince Felix who fell asleep duing his farthers wedding..and as you clearly sayes Lumutqueen littel Prince Christian is only 4 years old is still a child,not like his cousiens Nikolai and Felix.

It depends on what one considers to be "regal".
Elegant suits, a pompous way of talking, aloofness?
I personally think if Joachim would be the heir to the throne the monarchy in Denmark would be in a crisis soon.

IIRC Nikolai was seen as a very naughty boy as well when he was younger, his behaviour when his parents left the hospital with Felix comes to my mind. Not that I called him "naughty", I saw it as a normal behaviour of a lively child. Christian may have his tempers at times but I also do remember several occasions where he behaved almost "un-normally" well for a child of that age (e.g. christening of Isabella, opening of elephant house).

And Joachim won a race in Århus and was congratulated by his Marie with a kiss.
All that in the newspaper: Århus Stiftstidende: Prins Joachim vandt klassisk race i Århus - stiften.dk - Lokale nyheder fra Århus
He was also featured on TV2 News at 19.00.
To say that he was jubilant would be the understatement of the year! (*)

Which is a useful newspaper if you wish to know what is going on in Århus (Marselisborg) and Eastern Jutland.
Like in the Marie thread I suggest you use the search words: "prins" or "prinsesse".

(*) It is, as you may know, a well-known fact that Joachim really is The Stig from Top Gear. - Or so I've heard...:p

How cute - thanks for posting your finding, Dazz! :flowers:

According to the article the pics were taken in Copenhagen!

And have a look what a comfortable and sun protected seat
Apple has, that's really cute! :)

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2010.
På tur med mor og far - On a trip with mum and dad.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Who cornered the Marie, her Joachim and Bette Henrik going for a walk near Amalienborg in the nice summer weather. That is, Bette Henrik wasn't walking, he enjoyed the world from his pram, wearing a summerhat and appropriately cool sunglasses. Joachim and Princess Marie often go for a walk around Amalienborg, and in this case they met some friends and hada chat, but often they pop by the restaurant nearby owned by Oscar Siesbye.
Joachim confided to our reporter: "One has to utillise every opportunity to get outside when the weather is good".
Our Marie told us: "Ja, we did indeed see the wedding (Sweden) and it led us to think of fond memories".

I'm pleased to see from the pictures in the article that Joachim and petite Marie seem environmentally conscious. They must have picked up what appears to by a white discarded towel and placed in the bottom of the pram. Very commendable. :)

- J&M are well featured in this weeks issue, so more later...

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2010.
Kærlighed med fart på - High speed love.
Written by Ken Richter, our Jutland correspondent.

Joachim and his family spend a couple of days in Århus, while Joachim was speeding along right next to Marselisborg Slot, participating in the first Classic race there.

A sweaty and absolutely jubilant Joachim won in fine style and was handed the trophy. He also got a kiss from the Marie and after having handed over his bouquet, as the gentleman he is, she took his arm and raised it high. (*)

The race lasted a couple of days and during the first day Princess Marie and her friend, Britt Siesbye stayed at Marselisborg, while their husbands burned rubber. (**) But on the second day she was there!

Joachim explained: (***) "Normally we would have driven three races at this time of year, so I was a bit excited about how it would turn out. But it's nice to shake off some dust. I don't think it was an advantage that the lane was almost homeground for me, because at lot had been changed in regards to the course of the lanes.
We were allowed to drive as fast as you can only dream about when driving on the roads on a day-to-day basis". He hit 180 K/H when he crossed the finishing line.

Our Marie told our reporter: "We relax in the lovely weather. I really like Århus but I've left our son home at Marselisborg Slot with the nanny. There is too much noice downhere, with the cars.
Perhaps I'll take him with me next year. I hope so, because it's a good thing for him to see what his father (****) is up to".
Q: Then perhaps little Prince Henrik will be a petrolhead like his dad?
M: "Yes, that could be fun, as long as it isn't too much".

Joachim at least also visited Egeskov Castle near Århus, where there incidentally is a considerable collection of cars. The owner had a lot in common with Joachim, they are both fond of cars and races. Joachim tried out a Segway, which have now finally, finally become legal in DK. - On bicycle lanes. So that was a cool day!

(*) Observe and learn ladies, that's how you endear yourselves to your husbands, participate in and emphasize their triumphs.

(**) And if you believe they stayed there all day, then I've got a mermaid for sale. There are plenty of opportunities for going shopping in Århus, where petite Marie would be able to go practically unnoticed.

(***) Ken Richter is very much a male journalist, so he often devotes quite a lot of his articles to technical details about cars and similar stuff, this article being no exception! Fashion stuff from Ken Richter? That's something like: ...and the Princess was wearing... eh... clothes.

(****) Endearing words like dad or daddy are rare in Danish, we are all almost always called "far = father" by our children and everybody else. The same thing applies to mother = mor. Rarely mom, mummy or mama in Danish, just mother.

Summary of article and editorial in Billed Bladet #26, 2010.
Bliver Marie snydt igen - Will Marie be cheated again.
Written by Anna Johannesen & Annemette Krakau

You may remember that Prince Nikolaos is going to marry Tatiana Blatnik on 25. August. And now the question is who from the DRF is going to stay at home and be regent while the rest attend the weding in Greece.
All members of the current DRF have close ties with Nikolaos.
Margrethe? Forget it. It's almost unthinkable she would not attend her nephew's wedding.
Frederik? Perhaps. - He will be attending the celebrations regarding the Danish navy's 500th anniversary. But he is also supposed to attend the Youth Olympics in Singapore from 14-26 August. Which days is not yet known.
Mary can go alone as she has done before, especially as it is very much a family wedding.
Joachim? He also have close ties with Nikolaos going back to the childhood. And Nikolaos attended both Joachim's weddings.
The editor of BB very much hope our Marie will not be cheated again. (*)
Benedikte? Nikolaos is also her nephew and she is described as being very fond of family parties.
all of the above know Tatiana Blatnik well.

- The descision about who will be regent/(rigsforstander) is up to Queen Margrethe. (**)

(*) She can go alone, for the same reasons as Mary. And even if she is not going, I believe she and Joachim will attend the wedding in Monaco next year, if for no other reasons than that they both are so closely connected to France and French culture.

(**) In theory Henrik, Mary and Marie could be appointed regent (rigsforstander) and I find it tempting to speculate as to whether Mary, for the first time and just like the late Queen Ingrid, would step in as regent. I believe she will act as regent at some point in the future anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joachim participated in a classic race in Arhus. Marie was there watching
Picture Gallery ** Gallery 2

A few posts have been deleted which were thanking for pictures & translations, they are short therefore considered empty.
If you would like to show appreciation please do it via PM. Thanks.

Last edited:
Joachim looks good and nice to see that lille prins can find the cameras too just like mor and auntie mary
Must be a thing in the Danish royal house don't you think? Perhaps they just find it strange, or downright rude, not to look at people.

You do know the concept of being rude I gather???

Must be a thing in the Danish royal house don't you think? Perhaps they just find it strange, or downright rude, not to look at people.

You do know the concept of being rude I gather???

the concept of being rude ??...from a Dane???...wel I never......:ohmy:

Joachim, Marie & the boys in the latest edition of BB.
Seems like they are on holiday, can someone translate the cover please.

Cover ** Inside page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom