General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joachim and Marie send away in a restaurant
The restaurant Pastis in Copenhagen was full, Joachim hadn't made a reservation, so they were sent away despite his blue blood

I doubt that it happened this simply. Noone in his right mind with a bit of experience would go to a good restaurantin the days before christmas without having booked a table first. When there is no space, even the emperor looses his right.... (Variation of an old German saying). Joachim surely is in his right mind and surely has a lot of experience. So that can't be true.

What I think has happened: Joachim and Marie were in Copenhagen. They had a light dinner before going out - maybe iceskating, maybe to the cinema, maybe to a concert. Then one of them decided that there was still some appetite left and Joachim said that they could try out this restaurant to see if they were lucky to get a table spontaneoulsy, otherwise they could go back home and eat some more there. Well, they weren't lucky.

Normally that is quite the catastrophe for a restaurant, a thing to be avoided at all costs. I recall an incident in Copenhagen when a restaurant was booked for a group of celebs, but Fred came along with his bodyguards and the manager allowed him in. When the host realised there was this small group in the restaurant he had not invited he tried to oust them, but on learning that this guest was the future king of the country he himself was a guest in, he understood the manager's decision and supported him.

Obviously this time there was simply no table available. I bet the manager offered to let Joachim and Marie select from the menu and send a Sous-Chef to them to cook it at Joachim's place à la minute. At least that's how it is done here in the top of the German gastronomy.

But they never ever were send away without any try to help them at all! And if so, you can forget that restaurant in the future. There may be clients who enjoy the "message" that the restaurant is suprior to even the most noble clients for a moment, but that doesn't last. Gastronomy is about good, reliable and valuable service if you want to attract customers who keep you in business.

Is Marie a good dresser? I have not been that impressed by her wardrobe choices. Can someone fill me in? Any and all opinions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the couple's wedding will be televised?

I'm not exactly sure (because I keep forgetting about the upcoming wedding), but I believe it will be. However, I do know that we won't be able to see the reception/banquet and the brudevalsen.

Can anyone tell me if the couple's wedding will be televised?
As far as I remember, there was a comment on Danish TV2 at the time of the engagement that the wedding would of course be shown on TV2. I haven't heard more about it since - but I think it is a safe bet that either or both of the two national Danish TV stations will broadcast at least from the church.:)

[URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/Marie%20bekymret.aspx"]Se og Hor[/URL] has an article about [URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/~/media/Se%20og%20Hoer/Royalt/Marie%20ski%20stortjpg%20jpg.ashx?w=448"]Marie[/URL]. There is a good chance the article isn't true, and the previous shot of her, looking glum and bereaved, adds a dramatic element to the article.

Apparently, she may have problems becoming pregnant (how these people would know this intimate thing is beyond me, but apparently she slightly alluded this to some reporter during her ski trip press conference thingy) and something else. [URL="http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites/SvDam/Default____17075.aspx?DataID=50346"]This[/URL] rag also ran the story.

I'll do a rough translation later, unless someone else would like to do the honors.:D

Last edited:
[URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/Marie%20bekymret.aspx"]Se og Hor[/URL] has an article about [URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/~/media/Se%20og%20Hoer/Royalt/Marie%20ski%20stortjpg%20jpg.ashx?w=448"]Marie[/URL]. There is a good chance the article isn't true, and the previous shot of her, looking glum and bereaved, adds a dramatic element to the article.

Apparently, she may have problems becoming pregnant (how these people would know this intimate thing is beyond me, but apparently she slightly alluded this to some reporter during her ski trip press conference thingy) and something else. [URL="http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites/SvDam/Default____17075.aspx?DataID=50346"]This[/URL] rag also ran the story.

I'll do a rough translation later, unless someone else would like to do the honors.:D

It is a false story because Marie said when they became engage that she hopede they woud have children and that it was a big wish for her..she also said that it was up to natur to the thing.

Well, there you go... that was easy and quick:D Thank you:)

Could you please tell us what else the article says, HMM?

I know, but the word I'd rather use isn't very polite. :ermm:

Lilla, have you heard anything about the wedding in Denmark lately that isn't reported in the papers?

Well, there you go... that was easy and quick:D Thank you:)

Could you please tell us what else the article says, HMM?

I will try my best...

The article says that Marie´s Danish skill´s is not the best at the time when they was talking with the press on their holliday.
It also says that she will be moving to Denmark after the wedding and hopefully her Danish skill´s will be better.:flowers:

Lilla, have you heard anything about the wedding in Denmark lately that isn't reported in the papers?

Sorry Glittering Tiaras, no news on that front. Only the same old unreliable gossip....:ermm:

Billedbladet is writing that Maria, with the support and help of Joachim, is in "Princessschool". She is learning to speak danich and her teachers are from "Studieskolen" - the same ones who also taught Alexandra an Mary to speak danish. She is also learning a lot about the danish history.

As she has to change her religion, she has met with the bishop of Copenhagen - Erik Norman Svendsen.

Se og Hor is writing that Joachin thursday night was seen at "Code", which is a gays-bar. He was partying there along with some friends.

Last edited:
Changed............how?

Perhaps it´s becuse Joachim went to a gay bar....i think taht seldom he or she it is straigth or gay the person has a free minde to be wherever in whatever bar straigth or gay.

Last edited:
Prince Joachim visited a gay bar this week to hear a group that regularly play there, and apparently had 'one over the eight' (vernacular for inebriated), could be that he was tasting the last morsels of freedom during the run up to his future status as married:

Ekstra Bladet - Bøsser drak Jokke fuld

Out & About

A gay bar does seem to be an odd choice, even if the music was OK, and as he was fairly intoxicated according to the report, it sounds as if he absorbed more alcohol than musical notes! :ohmy:

Here is a video:
MSN Gossip

Everything seems very normal, just a couple of freinds having a good time!

Here is a video:
MSN Gossip

Everything seems very normal, just a couple of freinds having a good time!

You are right. I can't see just the slightest hint of intoxication.
I do understand that going to a gay-bar might seem odd to some. But in Copenhagen - where I live - it is just as common for hetroes to go to gay-bars, as it is for gays. It is simply a nice way to have fun with youre friends and listen to the music of youre liking.

Last edited:
MSN Gossip

How right you are, it really looks like they had a cosy evening - it's when they leave the bar that they weave a very unsteady course!! Any one passing would have to give them a wide berth!:ROFLMAO:

MSN Gossip

How right you are, it really looks like they had a cosy evening - it's when they leave the bar that they weave a very unsteady course!! Any one passing would have to give them a wide berth!:ROFLMAO:

It does look as if the friend of Joachims has had a jolly good time:rolleyes:. Joachims course isn't that undsteady though - but most likely he is affected by the alcohol he has been drinking, anything else would be unnatural. As long as nither of them was driving a car afterwards - I really don't se any harm done.

But in Copenhagen - where I live - it is just as common for hetroes to go to gay-bars, as it is for gays.

Something Denmark can be very very proud about, imo...:flowers:

I read in another forum, that Joachim has problems with alcohol. According to the article Joaquim was in a bar last week.

Honestly I don't believe he's an alcoholic, Martha. :) He was a a bar with friends, enjoying himself, like most people do.

Last edited:
I only wrote I read in spanish newspaper (ABC), which is promonarchy.

Her og Nu showcases Marie on the cover with the bold headline, PANIK FØR BRYLLUPPET! Hmm, somehow I doubt that, but I guess it's a slow newsweek in Denmark.

Marie gemmer sig. Prins Joachims forlovede slider i ensomhed i "prinsesseskolen", mens han selv har travlt med egne projekter helt frem til brylluppet.

And an [URL="http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/joachim%20polterabend.aspx"]article[/URL] about Joachim's stag party. According to Freye, who mentioned this in the Carina and Gustav thread, the Greek cousins along with Gustav were in town for Joachim's party. Apparently, they stayed at Kancellihuset with Frederik and Mary as well as Amalienborg.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom