General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps "princess training" includes sit-ups and crunches.

Or getting a little fat on your bones for more resistance against the paparazzi press;)

I don't see a Princess Marie Picture Thread so I'll have to ask my question here.

Will Marie at some stage have formal portrait photos taken like Mary and Alexandra in gala dress and tiara? I was just wondering if they will do something like that or if her wedding photo will be used for her offical photo.

Actually thats a goint point, one I hadnt thought of. I guess within another couple of months or so we'll know

there are 17 pictures on that page, after the article, you have to scroll down a bit
i am quite sure the bride picture will be replaced by another official picture - in gala dress/tiara or not - some day

I'd hazzard a guess to say possibly after the New Year's Court in January. After all, it will be Marie's first chance to wear full gala...

Actually Jess I do think you may be onto something there. So in another few months we'll hopefully have the portrait pic(s)...

Thank you for the link, JessRulz! She has had a very interesting and exciting year in the spotlight. I am looking forward to seeing an official portrait as well.

I have been waiting for this announcement! Congratulations to Marie! Unfortunately, I was unable to open your link, JessRulz. Do you know when she was given this honor? Was it recently?

I have it open sgl, but I dont see that info anywhere.
Maybe someone else will find it, or DRW will put an update on their blog.

The link is working for me, I've made a screencap for those who can't open the link.

There are no other details on this website, but the Wikipedia page (yes, quite reliable :rolleyes:) of the Order of the Elephant lists the day that Marie received the order as May 24th, 2008 - which makes sense, as it's her wedding day.

Last edited:
I don't know if this video has been posted but I realy enjoyed it. So if it's been posted before sorry:flowers:
Video arkivet - dr.dk/Dokumentar
Very lovely wideo! I watched it with great pleasure; at the begining when Marie was speaking her dog began to bark- she silenced it speaking in french , it was so natural and cute...

I don't know if this video has been posted but I realy enjoyed it. So if it's been posted before sorry:flowers:
Video arkivet - dr.dk/Dokumentar

Thanks Bonbon, I've never seen it before. I don't know if it's just me, but her English seems better here than in the engagement press conference - probably because she wasn't as nervous.

Thank you again for posting the video I thouroughly enjoyed it! Marie seems like a fresh, bright young lady and a real attribute to the royal family. She also seems to have a wonderful relationship with Nikolai and Felix. They seemed very pleased to see her when they arrived at the skiing holiday.

Loved it when she told her dog Apple to be quiet and sit down and then realised he was already sitting and burst out laughing:ROFLMAO:

Billed-Bladet has an article about Princess Marie with some more photos from the Russia trip.

Billed-Bladet - Marie gav Mary kamp til stregen

Would anyone mind telling us what the article says? I switched from a PC to a Mac, and can't figure out how to translate pages.:bang:

Last edited:
Billed-Bladet has an article about Princess Marie with some more photos from the Russia trip.

Billed-Bladet - Marie gav Mary kamp til stregen

Would anyone mind telling us what the article says? I switched from a PC to a Mac, and can't figure out how to translate pages.:bang:

Here is the Google translation dicectly quoted:

Princesses Marie and Mary doomed just fine by nytårstaflet of the IMAGE-LEAVED readers.

Otherwise, as sovereign Mary has been worthy opponent in the royal house. Princess Marie took a quantum leap up the popularity ladder when she surprised with her big beautiful dress and French elegance at nytårstaflet at Amalienborg.

IMAGE-LEAVED readers receipted for the pregnant princess forrygende emissions by giving her 46% of all votes in our "Who shone most" vote here.
It was still not enough to beat Crown Princess Mary, with exceptional style and beauty race with 48% of the vote.

Queen had - after all - in this case giving lost to his young daughters-in-law.

Below you will find some pictures showing how Princess Marie is in full swing to build up confidence at record speed.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pss Marie's Height.

Does anyone know how tall Pss Marie is without her high heeled shoes? I have read that she has been described as petite. I have understood that one in considered petite if their height is 5'4 and below that height. I think she might be taller than Countess Alexandra(who I had read was 5'4.

A non-story about nothing!

Before anyone of our Danish-reading members pick it up on the "net":

"Cold air between CP Victoria and Prince Joachim"

´Danish republican tabloid Ekstra Bladet is at it again! Inventing dodgy stories about our royals:
EB-journalist Jan Körner, who is not too familiar with the deeper meaning of the word "research", has picked up the nonsense from an equally quetionable source, a Swedish gossip rag! Swedish experts in the know are abeing quoted:

"Victoria and Joachim don't get along and never invite each other to royal events" ..... et cetera.

Now you now, folks! And don't ask me why CP Victoria was invited to
Prince Joachim & Maries wedding. And turned up .....

Viv

I suppose Joachim doesn't get a lot of foreign royal events since he stays home as a regent while his mother and older brother go to a royal gathering abroad. He didn't attend any crownprincely wedding, apart from the one of his brother, for example.

I suppose Joachim doesn't get a lot of foreign royal events since he stays home as a regent while his mother and older brother go to a royal gathering abroad. He didn't attend any crownprincely wedding, apart from the one of his brother, for example.

It was easier when Queen Ingrid was still alive. Often she stayed home to act as Regent in the 90's and the others could attend. Joachim attended the first festivities of the Wedding of Haakon and Mette-Marit and Frederik stayed home. The Joachim went home and Frederik attended the actual Wedding.
And he and Alexandra attended the Wedding of Edward and Sophie.

A lot of what Joachim does he also not reported, he does go on a lot of trade assignments to foreign coutries, But Mary & Fred do get most of the coverage because of their position of future King and Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom