General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her&Nu "copied" this story from BT, 10 March
Marie kom i anden række
Joachim, as patron of CARE Denmark, will visit Mozambique from 25 April to 6 May and only return 17 days before the wedding.
Based on this BT comes to the conclusion that "Joachim's travel (plan) is more important than the wedding".

And now Her&Nu tops it with "panic for the wedding" and Marie "slips into loneliness in the princess-school". (Every time Frederik is away Her&Nu has an article about Mary being miserable and lonely and it seems the same plot goes for Marie and Joachim.:))

Se&Hoer on the other hand has an article about Marie's miserable time in the USA. MARIE CAVALLIER: FLOPPET FORTID - Royalt - SE og HØR

Definitely slow news week in DK.

Last edited:
Billed Bladet has a couple of new articles regarding Marie and Joachim. The writings are new, but the photos are not (but they are still fabulous shots of the couple. Click [url=http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=7658]here[/URL] and [url=http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=7666]here[/URL] to read them. Translations may come later, but if another would like to take a shot at it, members would appreciate it very much.

:)
The first one is on how Joachim has bought a holiday flat in Turkey, in a tourist place there.

The second one is that Joachim and Marie have been given a stork nest for Schackenborg for their wedding, by a Danish website dedicated to storks.

The two second summary :ROFLMAO:

Danish Royal Watch wrote that Joachim was going to build a Villa in France on land he has owned for many years.....now an apartment in Turkey?? Perhaps the Turkey apartment is a time-share

What about a goodbye as a single person of Marie.

Marie is sweet and pretty. I was turned off on the beginning when she gave interviews to tabloids, but I think she was just naive with media.
She and Joachim look nice together, and he seems smitten by her.

I read in another forum, that Joachim has problems with alcohol. According to the article Joaquim was in a bar last week.

Lol so going to a bar equals being an alcoholic? Then my friends and I have a very serious alcoholic problem.

And what is the big deal about going to a gay-club? The girls in Sex And The City did often !

What the article said?

First article (9/4) informs about Joachim and a totally un-nervous Marie inviting TV2 to Schackenborg and giving an interview and how Marie has taken this place, ner new home base, to her heart....

Second article (10/4): Today the parliament, especially the minister for integration, will dicuss Marie's application for Danish citizenship. And it's exspected that she will get it at the day of her wedding.

You're a gem, GT!

Before we know it, the wedding will be upon "us". Here's to Mary wearing something white or cream on the day...hahaha...I jest of course...:D

I'd actually like to see Mary in a evening dress which is full lengthed, delicate and flowing. Something in a dusty rose chiffon with décolleté and plunging backline, hear hair like she wore at Christian's christening and her wedding tiara worn in the alternative necklace form.

Last edited:
You're a gem, GT!

Before we know it, the wedding will be upon "us". Here's to Mary wearing something white or cream on the day...hahaha...I jest of course...:D

I'd actually like to see Mary in a evening dress which is full lengthed, delicate and flowing. Something in a dusty rose chiffon with décolleté and plunging backline, hear hair like she wore at Christian's christening and her wedding tiara worn in the alternative necklace form.

Madame Royale, you might enjoy [URL="http://members3.boardhost.com/scandinavia/msg/1209198843.html"]reading this[/URL]; in fact, everyone will enjoy this. :flowers:
*entire translation courtesy of Joris*

That was a great interview. I didn't think much of her before but I dare I say she won me over.

I hope this hasn't already been asked, but should we expect many foreign royals to attend this wedding? Probably royals from Norway and Sweden. But from others countries, would the crown princely couples attend or no since this isn't a crown princes wedding? I guess I would expect their siblings to go in place of them ie Prince Constantin over Prince W-A.

Madame Royale, you might enjoy [URL="http://members3.boardhost.com/scandinavia/msg/1209198843.html"]reading this[/URL]; in fact, everyone will enjoy this. :flowers:
*entire translation courtesy of Joris*

Overall I thought the interview was pretty good, and liked her remark about her favorite Queen....naturally Queen Margrethe (the only one she knows and her future mother-in-law).
I also was pleased that she wanted to be involved in the everyday business of Schackenborg Palace, and wanted to wait before she got involved in Charity work and get use to marriage and her new life.
However only 6-hours of Danish ... I'm sure she could have had help with the language in Geneva and also at her future home, Schackenborg, also Joachim should have been speaking with her in Danish ...very poor choice not attempting to learn Danish:whistling::ermm:

Any news about her bachelorparty party with Mary and some friends?
In the interwiev I think Marie was very unhappy when she says "I spent most of my time at Schackenborg, Joachim's castle":bang:Castle??? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ckenborg_slot.jpg/800px-Schackenborg_slot.jpg That's not a Castle is a home, Joachim's home will be mucht better to me....:rolleyes: "Christian is followed by a Frederik, a Frederik by a Christian, etc" That's all she knows!!!!! Even little Christian should know this by heart very well!!!

Yes, Shackenborg is a castle. Joachim's home and a castle.
So why shouldn't she call it like that?

I don't see a problem with Marie's statement at all.:whistling:

I have to say I was surprised to see King Harald won't attend.
I mean: It's okay if her and the Queen do not attend 2nd marriages (like the one of Charles and Camilla); but I expected it anyway.. especially because King Harald is the Godfather of Prince Joachim.
well, at least they will send the whole /young rest of the Family.

Last edited:
Any news about her bachelorparty party with Mary and some friends?
In the interwiev I think Marie was very unhappy when she says "I spent most of my time at Schackenborg, Joachim's castle":bang:Castle??? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ckenborg_slot.jpg/800px-Schackenborg_slot.jpg That's not a Castle is a home, Joachim's home will be mucht better to me....:rolleyes: "Christian is followed by a Frederik, a Frederik by a Christian, etc" That's all she knows!!!!! Even little Christian should know this by heart very well!!!

The house and grounds are breathtaking!

Does the article say the J&A monogram will be taken down from the gates of Schackenborg GT? If it does, I totally agree with what you said :)

Apparently, the gates are brand new and will be changed prior to their wedding day. :)

[URL="http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites/SvDam/Default____53483.aspx?DataID=55563"]Svensk Dam Tidning[/URL] has a new article regarding Joachim and Marie's turkey love shack. Besides having another place in France to hang out when they want to escape Denmark, soak up the sun, smell the lavender, and drink bottles and bottles of great wine, the couple, allegedly, bought a place in Gold City. According to the article, the brand new high-rise apartment is in an area that is supposed to be the new hot, sexy, and cool area of the country. Basically, it's pure luxury for discerning guests, and all the top-services are available at all hours a day. If the kids become a nuisance they can hire a nanny so the residents of the complex can have time for themselves.

Finally, the writer believes Gold City may be their destination for their honeymoon. "It would hardly be surprising, given that it was here, in Turkey, which Prince Joachim went down on his knees and proposed to Marie."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom