General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pram is lovely, classy looking. They look so happy with their little one tucked safely inside. Joachim's exuberance is so evident. Nice to see royals acting like normal people with normal good feelings. Similar to Margrethe and Henrik.

The formal side is also eye-catching, but it is when they're incognito that true charm comes out. Joaquim and Marie may become the more popular couple of the two (referring to Frederick and Mary) princely couples.

well I think it is the same pram that Mary used with Isabella. If it isn't is very similar and I think they should have borough it from Mary!

Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende has a feature about Prince Joachim, in honor of his upcoming 40th birthday.

40 og genrejst - Danmark

The article talks about the prince's personality; he is a bit reserved, which has come across as snobbish in the past, but he is really kind and his demeanor is a bit of a throwback to royals of the past. It also states that Joachim was destined to become a gentleman farmer.

Could someone please translate the article with more detail? There are many paragraphs in the article itself, surely more than 4 sentences worth of broad translation.

Thank you.

The article then goes on to talk about his marriage and divorce from Alexandra; how she was always more outgoing than Joachim. It briefly mentions that there was a period in the late 1990s when the Danish people didn't have confidence in Frederik as a future king, but saw Joachim in that role instead. If you go to google and type in "google translate danish to english", you can read the full article. It does not mention any specific plans that the prince may have for celebrating his birthday. There are many paragraphs, but they really just go into detail on the main points.

Billed-Bladet also has a feature that looks at Prince Joachim's life throughout his forty-years:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/6/Joachim 40 aar galleri.aspx

He was a very cute little baby!

Last edited:
Cute baby and very handsome boy and young man. He is a very good looking prince.

I have a question about the translation Google comment. What are the actual steps to get a translation from Danish into English? Those of us who are not Danish speakers are often left out of the loop with some of the articles that are listed.

Thank you for this information.

thanks for the info on the pram! it's really lovely. is it really the one isabella used? i don't recall seeing it before...

Having read the translation of the longer article, I can see how Joachim and Alexandra may have been perceived as going in two different directions. It is important to note that at the time, Frederick was not married yet, therefore there was no crown princess, and that Alexandra had much more spotlight on her than Marie does now.

Alexandra, the business woman from a bustling Hong Kong, tackled the job of being a royal princess head on. It may have been overwhelming for the marriage, and a younger prince, who was in his twenties at the time. The perception of those royal
responsibilities may have gotten away from them as a couple and the marriage ended up floundering. All of this despite two beautiful boys.

Timing is so important in life.

I think the way Alexandra and Joachim's divorce was conducted speaks volumes of their characters. I have immense respect for these two adults, who put their children's needs and happiness ahead of everything and had simply an exemplary separation.
It was of course very hard for Alexandra to adjust to the Royal life, for she was the only leading Royal lady of Denmark for years (apart from the Monarch); it was considerably easier for both Mary and Marie. That may have well taken its toll on Joachim and Alexandra's marriage.
All 4 of them - Joachim, Alexandra, Marie and Martin deserve only the highest praise.

Thank you for translating parts of the article, sgl. I hope no one will mind me saying this, but I always thought it would have been better if Joachim were the first-born; he does seem to be the more prepared and hard-working of the brothers. I doubt Frederik would mind as well; he would have more time to pursue his hobbies and given his incredibly shy and private nature, would probably be quite glad of being the 'spare'.

Yes, both Joachim and Alexandra conducted their separation, divorce, and new marriages, with admirable style and grace, all to the benefit of their children.

Their parents' new husband and wife are conscious of their role as unifiers of a now extended family. All are thinking in terms of making the situation smooth and supportive for the children. This is very unusual and shows enormous caring on behalf of both Joachim and Alexandra. Very beautiful.

One can hope that these two young princes will continue to live happy lives with the new families that have been created.

Billed-Bladet has interviewed a few of Prince Joachim's close friends in honor of his 40th birthday:

Billed-Bladet - Prins Joachim roses af vennerne

They have been friends with him since they were children. They say that he is loyal, a homebody, friendly, and as one says, "a miserable sportsman".

Did the family attend the circus at Mogeltoner this year? Thought it was a yearly event. Maybe there are pictures that can be posted !

I like them, Joachim seems genuinely happy, and seems to have learned from past mistakes, whilst Marie is a sweet unpretentious young woman.:rolleyes:

He is very attentive to her, is always there to open a door, lend a hand, take her arm, just beautiful. Hope this doesn't change with the years, as she becomes more familiar with the royal events, or as they have more children.

Very sweet to see such caring.

Do you think that Marie will get back from maternity leave after the christening? I miss her a little bit.

I guess she'll be back with official duties in september or at the end of august, after holidays!

The schedule of events on the Danish calendar doesn't seem to go that far, but I would imagine that she would get back to royal duties at the end of August/early September. This is the time of year that most royals get back from their summer holidays.

I wonder if they will go to France during August, like they did last year, staying at the Chateau. Maybe the little fellow is still too young for international traveling.

I would imagine the French relatives from both sides of the family will be attending that christening, it's only a month away. I can't wait to see those pictures, and Marie's grandmother with him.

Funny that you should mention visiting France. Billed-Bladet has an article that talks about the French home Prince Joachim was having built is uncompleted and in an "untidy state". He started to build the home while he was still married to Alexandra. Apparently, the construction company that was working on it has declared bankruptcy. It is unknown whether or not construction will be completed.

Billed-Bladet - Joachim og Marie: Slottet er en ruin

Last edited:
Maybe, with time, Joachim and Marie will continue the dreamhome that was already underway. Marie can always make little changes, so it won't be "Alexandra's" house with Joachim.

Does anyone know where it is located?

The articles in BB and Se og Hor didn't name a location. The DRF's vacation home is in Cayx, so it is possible that the home Joachim was building may be in the same area.

According to an article in this week's Billed Bladet the invitations for next month's christening of the little prince have been sent out to the guests.

Just 29 more days til the christening and I can't wait to see the DRF at this event and finally hear the little prince's four names and see his godparents at the christening. I hope that DR televises his christening and that Billed Bladet has a special christening issue.

:flowers:

Here's the article about the invitations:

Billed-Bladet - Invitationerne til barnedåb i Møgeltønder er sendt ud

It says that the guests are invited to a party at Shackenborg Slot after the christening. There will not be a formal dinner with long tables and place-cards, but rather a relaxed gathering where the guests can mingle with each other and admire the little prince. The article does say that the event will be private, but I would imagine that at least one photo of the christening itself will be released.

Yes, indeed, hopefully at least one photo! The little prince is, after all, part of the royal family, and a son of one of the only two sons of the reigning monarch.

If the queen is at the christening ceremony, it becomes a little less private, one should think.

Just for clarification, is the christening at the local church and then the celebration at Schackenborg?

I think that Felix was also christened at the church, and there were plenty of pictures later taken at Schackenborg --- with both sets of grandparents, the godparents, parents, all sorts of family in them.

Hopefully, that same precedent will be followed with Marie's child. I can not imagine the need to call it private, when the elder stepbrother's was rather open for pictures.

Beautiful shots of the fine family as it expands.

A happy day to be shared with all of Denmark, to be sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
The article didn't specify the location of the christening, but I would imagine that it will most likely be at the church in Mogeltonder.

I think that it is up to the parents to decide how many photos of the event are released to the public. Nikolai and Felix were the first grandchildren born, so it is understandable that a lot of photos would be released. My guess is that they will release photos taken at the church, with the parents, grandparents, Nikolai and Felix, and godparents. Since the reception is at their home, I would be surprised if a lot of photos are released (just like we saw with the wedding reception-no photos were released).

Of course, this is just my guess.

The article didn't specify the location of the christening, but I would imagine that it will most likely be at the church in Mogeltonder.

I think that it is up to the parents to decide how many photos of the event are released to the public. Nikolai and Felix were the first grandchildren born, so it is understandable that a lot of photos would be released. My guess is that they will release photos taken at the church, with the parents, grandparents, Nikolai and Felix, and godparents. Since the reception is at their home, I would be surprised if a lot of photos are released (just like we saw with the wedding reception-no photos were released).

Of course, this is just my guess.

I think it's a pretty accurate guess.
If i'm right there were no photo's released from the reception after Chrisitan and Isabella's chrisitening?

As this is the first born of Marie and Joachim I imagine pictures being released from the actual christening and some official pictures with the godparents afterwards. :flowers:

You are right, Lumutqueen. There were no photos released from the receptions of Christian and Isabella's christenings. It would be nice to see the reception (especially since I am curious about what the interior of Shackenborg looks like now that Marie has moved in), but I would be very surprised if they invite the media. Hopefully, I am wrong, though!

According to the article in post #3 of the 'Christening of the little Prince; July 26, 2009' thread, the christening will take place in the Mogeltonder Church. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom