The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Courtier

On May 12, Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier took a flight over Schakenborg and Mogeltonder, in an helicopter they were given as a wedding gift by Bel Air in Holsted.

PPE Agency

Nice pictures of the church and the castle!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
ABC.es: gente - gente - Dinamarca ya tiene princesa

denmark have a princes
Boda Real del Príncipe Joaquín y Marie Cavallier

Old 05-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Yes, Shackenborg is a castle. Joachim's home and a castle.
So why shouldn't she call it like that?

I don't see a problem with Marie's statement at all.

I have to say I was surprised to see King Harald won't attend.
I mean: It's okay if her and the Queen do not attend 2nd marriages (like the one of Charles and Camilla); but I expected it anyway.. especially because King Harald is the Godfather of Prince Joachim.
well, at least they will send the whole /young rest of the Family.
I've read someplace that the bride and groom wanted the younger generation royalty as guests for this wedding, and thus the King and Queen of Norway (and other monarchies) weren't invited, but the Crown Princely couples were. I kind of understand where they are coming from, not wanting it to be a huge do (but still significant), but more for their own generations.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Commoner

I wonder if they have published anywhere the speeches given at the wedding reception by Prince Joachim, The Queen and Marie's father??? does anyone have any link???
Old 05-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Where are they now?Any guess?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalina View Post
I wonder if they have published anywhere the speeches given at the wedding reception by Prince Joachim, The Queen and Marie's father??? does anyone have any link???
Apparantly the Queen didn't give a speech at the weddingreception and Prince Joachim's speech was in French.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Have they announced their honeymoon spot? I apologize if it has been stated in previous threads, but I was unable to find an answer.
I can understand if they are keeping it secret until after the honeymoon is over.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Have they announced their honeymoon spot? I apologize if it has been stated in previous threads, but I was unable to find an answer.
I can understand if they are keeping it secret until after the honeymoon is over.
Let's bet: I bet that they spend at least some days/nights in Marie's mother's Chateau in the Provence because they spend their first holiday there.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Courtier

wooo...are they coming to vancouver????
Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Aristocracy

I personally love Vancouver, but I'm surprised that they chose it for a honeymoon. It doesn't seem like much of a honeymoon place, in my opinion.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
Sounds like they are on Vancouver Island, which is where I live, although they are on the west coast and I am on the east.

I wonder if they are at the Wickaninnish Inn?
I love vancouver, beautiful and vibrant, i was thinking Salt Spring Island, it's very romantic and private, we stayed at hastings house and didn't see anybody if we didn't want too...sigh wish i was there now, victora BC is cool too, canada's a great choice for a honeymoon, everybodies so friendly and wouldn't recognize them (unless they're on the board) and give them privacy. i'm glad no one's found them yet, yea good planning and no leaks WTG
Old 06-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Gentry

The article mentioned Tofino. I wonder if they did some surfing there?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa Cano View Post
Sounds like they are on Vancouver Island, which is where I live, although they are on the west coast and I am on the east.

I wonder if they are at the Wickaninnish Inn?
wow!!! What a beautiful place!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
I agree! Now I want to go there for my honeymoon one day!!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
I agree! This inn looks very charming and romantic. It would be a great place to visit.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Courtier

It is really such a shame that they found them. They should of at least been able to have a private honeymoon.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
It is really such a shame that they found them. They should of at least been able to have a private honeymoon.
Especially as the tag on one of the pics said that they waited patiently in front of a restaurant for their table to celebrate Joachim's birthday - so obviously really enjoyed being just like you and me.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Nobility

Waiting for a table in a restaurant is one of those aspect that I don't like about "just being me"!!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Joachim and Marie will never be able to live like 'normal' people, because they're not.

Let's just hope, however, that Princess Marie and her new husband will be afforded sufficient time to settle in, find their own milieu, and contribute to the state as best suits them and all of Denmark.

I'm comfortable, too, with Princess Marie's taking her time to consider any patronages; Princess Mary did, as well.

Good luck to Marie, Joachim and Denmark!
Old 06-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

it's interesting to find out which place they chose for their honeymoon. i was expecting something more exotic maybe (perhaps to avoid paparazzi), as frderik and mary, but montreal is such a nice place...

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Closed Thread

Tags
felix, joachim, marie, marie cavallier, nikolai, prince felix, prince joachim, prince nikolai, princess marie