General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On May 12, Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier took a flight over Schakenborg and Mogeltonder, in an helicopter they were given as a wedding gift by Bel Air in Holsted.

PPE Agency

Nice pictures of the church and the castle!

Yes, Shackenborg is a castle. Joachim's home and a castle.
So why shouldn't she call it like that?

I don't see a problem with Marie's statement at all.:whistling:

I have to say I was surprised to see King Harald won't attend.
I mean: It's okay if her and the Queen do not attend 2nd marriages (like the one of Charles and Camilla); but I expected it anyway.. especially because King Harald is the Godfather of Prince Joachim.
well, at least they will send the whole /young rest of the Family.

I've read someplace that the bride and groom wanted the younger generation royalty as guests for this wedding, and thus the King and Queen of Norway (and other monarchies) weren't invited, but the Crown Princely couples were. I kind of understand where they are coming from, not wanting it to be a huge do (but still significant), but more for their own generations.

I wonder if they have published anywhere the speeches given at the wedding reception by Prince Joachim, The Queen and Marie's father??? does anyone have any link???

I wonder if they have published anywhere the speeches given at the wedding reception by Prince Joachim, The Queen and Marie's father??? does anyone have any link???

Apparantly the Queen didn't give a speech at the weddingreception and Prince Joachim's speech was in French.

Have they announced their honeymoon spot? I apologize if it has been stated in previous threads, but I was unable to find an answer.
I can understand if they are keeping it secret until after the honeymoon is over.

Have they announced their honeymoon spot? I apologize if it has been stated in previous threads, but I was unable to find an answer.
I can understand if they are keeping it secret until after the honeymoon is over.

Let's bet: I bet that they spend at least some days/nights in Marie's mother's Chateau in the Provence because they spend their first holiday there.

I personally love Vancouver, but I'm surprised that they chose it for a honeymoon. It doesn't seem like much of a honeymoon place, in my opinion.

Sounds like they are on Vancouver Island, which is where I live, although they are on the west coast and I am on the east.

I wonder if they are at the Wickaninnish Inn?

I love vancouver, beautiful and vibrant, i was thinking Salt Spring Island, it's very romantic and private, we stayed at hastings house and didn't see anybody if we didn't want too...sigh:wub: wish i was there now, victora BC is cool too, canada's a great choice for a honeymoon, everybodies so friendly and wouldn't recognize them (unless they're on the board:flowers:) and give them privacy. i'm glad no one's found them yet, yea good planning and no leaks WTG

wow!!!:ohmy: What a beautiful place!!!!!

I agree! This inn looks very charming and romantic. It would be a great place to visit.

It is really such a shame that they found them. They should of at least been able to have a private honeymoon.

It is really such a shame that they found them. They should of at least been able to have a private honeymoon.

Especially as the tag on one of the pics said that they waited patiently in front of a restaurant for their table to celebrate Joachim's birthday - so obviously really enjoyed being just like you and me.

Waiting for a table in a restaurant is one of those aspect that I don't like about "just being me"!!:lol::lol:

Joachim and Marie will never be able to live like 'normal' people, because they're not.

Let's just hope, however, that Princess Marie and her new husband will be afforded sufficient time to settle in, find their own milieu, and contribute to the state as best suits them and all of Denmark.

I'm comfortable, too, with Princess Marie's taking her time to consider any patronages; Princess Mary did, as well.

Good luck to Marie, Joachim and Denmark!

it's interesting to find out which place they chose for their honeymoon. i was expecting something more exotic maybe (perhaps to avoid paparazzi), as frderik and mary, but montreal is such a nice place...

I love Montreal. :D Not that I don't love Vancouver, which was mentioned upthread as one of their honeymoon destinations, but Montreal feels more honeymoon-y to me than Vancouver (which I do love though, by the way). Marie probably felt comfortable there, language-wise, anyway. ;)

General News about Joachim, Marie, and Family

Welcome to the topic General News about Joachim, Marie, and Family.

org2a395fkl6.jpg

This is the topic where you can post articles, links to videos, and other news information that would not fit anywhere else.

Of course, TRF Rules and FAQ still apply.
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, hence photos, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner. If you are unfamiliar with TRF's Copyright Policy please click here.
  • Members are not allowed, according to TRF's Copyright Photo Policy, to post nor attach images directly onto the board.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation/infringement to post translations of entire articles. The best thing to do: Translate the article using your own words and summarize it. Just because other sites translate the entire articles, word for word, then proceed it post it -- you shouldn't. It's against the law! Furthermore, you don't want to be sued, handed a cease and desist, and be the one responsible for shutting down TRF forever, right? So please, follow the copyright rules and all shall be golden. Even if your translations may not be perfect, at least you tried and tried to get the gist of it. That's what is important.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
So if you find something that may not fit anywhere else please post it here. If you have any questions regarding the above policys please feel free to contact one of the Danish mods anytime.

Enjoy!

Mandy, Empress, Dazzling, Grim_Lady, and GT:flowers:
Danish Mod Team

Last edited:
Maybe Marie would like to visit Canada and also because Montreal has French language for her is good!

Does anyone know whether Prins Joachim's appandage shall be increased when he and Prinsesse Marie's have children?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

My quess is, that it won't be. Prince Joachim's annuity has just been raised and I doubt very much, that parliament will be willing to raise it again any time soon - children or not.

Congratulations to her. She is not always as fashionable as CP Mary, but she always looks happy and comfortable in her own skin. I think she is very charming.

Paty, it's basically a silly little piece tagged
"Marie's clothes (are) getting bigger", once again suggesting
that there is a natural reason for it!

"Marie appears to have gone up a size in blouses
in 27 days and that she and her heavier calibre clothes (sic) will
need a bigger wardrobe at Schackenborg" ...and blah-blah!

Really, rumours about a possible pregnancy emerged shortly
after the wedding, and the press have been belly-watching ever
since! If she were (three monts pregnant), it would normally have been
announced by now!

Maybe she's just gained a little weight from sheer contendment! :)

Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom