The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
I read in another forum, that Joachim has problems with alcohol. According to the article Joaquim was in a bar last week.
Lol so going to a bar equals being an alcoholic? Then my friends and I have a very serious alcoholic problem.

And what is the big deal about going to a gay-club? The girls in Sex And The City did often !

Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

a new picture of the couple!

Marie & Joachim

source: 09-04: Marie tog imod pĺ slottet ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...

Current cover of BilledBladet:
http://www.billed-bladet.dk/adm/pics/BB15.jpg

Old 04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

What the article said?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Can someone translate this?
10-04: Marie fĺr dansk statsborgerskab ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...
Old 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Courtier

First article (9/4) informs about Joachim and a totally un-nervous Marie inviting TV2 to Schackenborg and giving an interview and how Marie has taken this place, ner new home base, to her heart....

Second article (10/4): Today the parliament, especially the minister for integration, will dicuss Marie's application for Danish citizenship. And it's exspected that she will get it at the day of her wedding.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are a several new images of the couple leaving Roskilde Cathedral.

One, two, three, and four,

Apparently, there was person running alongside their car screaming and shouting at them... (running to say "Hi" or not. Most likely he isn't) I guess he isn't too pleased with something they have done, or their upcoming wedding...and I doubt he'll be giving his congrats to the couple come May 24, 2008.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

You're a gem, GT!

Before we know it, the wedding will be upon "us". Here's to Mary wearing something white or cream on the day...hahaha...I jest of course...

I'd actually like to see Mary in a evening dress which is full lengthed, delicate and flowing. Something in a dusty rose chiffon with décolleté and plunging backline, hear hair like she wore at Christian's christening and her wedding tiara worn in the alternative necklace form.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
You're a gem, GT!

Before we know it, the wedding will be upon "us". Here's to Mary wearing something white or cream on the day...hahaha...I jest of course...

I'd actually like to see Mary in a evening dress which is full lengthed, delicate and flowing. Something in a dusty rose chiffon with décolleté and plunging backline, hear hair like she wore at Christian's christening and her wedding tiara worn in the alternative necklace form.

Madame Royale, you might enjoy reading this; in fact, everyone will enjoy this.
*entire translation courtesy of Joris*
Old 04-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

That was a great interview. I didn't think much of her before but I dare I say she won me over.

I hope this hasn't already been asked, but should we expect many foreign royals to attend this wedding? Probably royals from Norway and Sweden. But from others countries, would the crown princely couples attend or no since this isn't a crown princes wedding? I guess I would expect their siblings to go in place of them ie Prince Constantin over Prince W-A.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is an article from Billed Bladet regarding Marie and Joachim's kids. The photo, again, of her on the balcony for the very first, and certainly not last, time.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Here is an article from Billed Bladet regarding Marie and Joachim's kids. The photo, again, of her on the balcony for the very first, and certainly not last, time.
Thanks for the article GlitteringTiaras. Can you maybe translate part of it for the non-danish readers among us
Old 04-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Madame Royale, you might enjoy reading this; in fact, everyone will enjoy this.
*entire translation courtesy of Joris*
Overall I thought the interview was pretty good, and liked her remark about her favorite Queen....naturally Queen Margrethe (the only one she knows and her future mother-in-law).
I also was pleased that she wanted to be involved in the everyday business of Schackenborg Palace, and wanted to wait before she got involved in Charity work and get use to marriage and her new life.
However only 6-hours of Danish ... I'm sure she could have had help with the language in Geneva and also at her future home, Schackenborg, also Joachim should have been speaking with her in Danish ...very poor choice not attempting to learn Danish
Old 05-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Any news about her bachelorparty party with Mary and some friends?
In the interwiev I think Marie was very unhappy when she says "I spent most of my time at Schackenborg, Joachim's castle"Castle??? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nborg_slot.jpg That's not a Castle is a home, Joachim's home will be mucht better to me.... "Christian is followed by a Frederik, a Frederik by a Christian, etc" That's all she knows!!!!! Even little Christian should know this by heart very well!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Yes, Shackenborg is a castle. Joachim's home and a castle.
So why shouldn't she call it like that?

I don't see a problem with Marie's statement at all.

I have to say I was surprised to see King Harald won't attend.
I mean: It's okay if her and the Queen do not attend 2nd marriages (like the one of Charles and Camilla); but I expected it anyway.. especially because King Harald is the Godfather of Prince Joachim.
well, at least they will send the whole /young rest of the Family.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Any news about her bachelorparty party with Mary and some friends?
In the interwiev I think Marie was very unhappy when she says "I spent most of my time at Schackenborg, Joachim's castle"Castle??? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nborg_slot.jpg That's not a Castle is a home, Joachim's home will be mucht better to me.... "Christian is followed by a Frederik, a Frederik by a Christian, etc" That's all she knows!!!!! Even little Christian should know this by heart very well!!!
The house and grounds are breathtaking!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie and Joachim now have their own stamp, in Greenland, in honor of their upcoming wedding. Clickhere to view.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

All I have to say is... FINALLY! Otherwise, I would say "awkward."
Old 05-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Does the article say the J&A monogram will be taken down from the gates of Schackenborg GT? If it does, I totally agree with what you said
Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently, the gates are brand new and will be changed prior to their wedding day.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Svensk Dam Tidning has a new article regarding Joachim and Marie's turkey love shack. Besides having another place in France to hang out when they want to escape Denmark, soak up the sun, smell the lavender, and drink bottles and bottles of great wine, the couple, allegedly, bought a place in Gold City. According to the article, the brand new high-rise apartment is in an area that is supposed to be the new hot, sexy, and cool area of the country. Basically, it's pure luxury for discerning guests, and all the top-services are available at all hours a day. If the kids become a nuisance they can hire a nanny so the residents of the complex can have time for themselves.

Finally, the writer believes Gold City may be their destination for their honeymoon. "It would hardly be surprising, given that it was here, in Turkey, which Prince Joachim went down on his knees and proposed to Marie."

Tags
felix, joachim, marie, marie cavallier, nikolai, prince felix, prince joachim, prince nikolai, princess marie