The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Very alert little chap isnt he and seems quite forward for his age. And of course GORGEOUS

Old 07-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

That is one beautiful baby. Look at those eyes. I definitely agree with those that say that he has an intelligent look.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's a Swedish article that talks about the photoshoot with the little prince:

Här är "lill-Jokke" - KVP.se - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

The photographer, Steen Brogaard had to work quickly in order to photograph the baby while he was awake. He was asleep when the Brogaard arrived, and fell asleep immediately after the last photos were taken. The article says that the baby has been referred to (doesn't say who calls him this) as Lill-Jokke (little Joachim). The rumors about the baby's name are that he may be called Albert. According to the article, many Danes are hoping that he will be called Waldemar. The readers of one of the newspapers are hoping that he will be called William. The article states that it is possible that Marie will be one of his names, as this is a French tradition for boys as well as girls. Prince Henrik has Marie in his name.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Courtier

What a beautiful and happy baby.....................three great looks sons for Joachim
Old 07-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Majesty

If you want to discuss genetics by all means start a thread in General Chit Chat or consult a geneticist, but let's not do it in this thread.

Thanks,
Mandy
Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Courtier

I believe the point I was trying to make regarding recessive and dominant genes can be found in General Chit Chat - Blue eyes or Brown for the little prince - or words to that effect.

In short, unless Marie has a recessive gene, the little fellow will have brown eyes.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Local high school graduates from Tonder Handelsskole paraded through the town of Mogeltonder in a carriage. They serenaded the town, and the last stop was Shackenborg Slot, where Prince Joachim greeted the students at the gate of his residence. He politely refused to give autographs, but stamped each student's cap.

Billed-Bladet - Joachim fik besøg af studenterne på Schackenborg
Old 07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

why did he stamp their caps? This looks like a fun event

Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
why did he stamp their caps? This looks like a fun event
They were asking him for autographs, and he declined to write his name, but said that he would stamp them. He went into his office, got his stamp, and came back to the students. I'm not sure why he did this. Maybe the ink wouldn't show up in the caps if he wrote his name? Or maybe he knew his hand would get really tired. There did appear to be a fair amount of students in that carriage.

This does look like a really fun event. The students look like they are having the time of their lives. It was very nice of Joachim to greet the students and spend time listening to their songs.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
This does look like a really fun event. The students look like they are having the time of their lives. It was very nice of Joachim to greet the students and spend time listening to their songs.
It is a fun event.

Every year at this time, high school graduates all over Denmark paraded through their local towns in vehicles like the one in the article - it can take one, two or three dayes - depending on how many towns they have to parade through. On their way they visit the home of every one of their classmates having a drink and something to eat. When parading in the vehicle they make a lot of noise: singing, screaming and holding strange speaches in megaphones and waveing to bypassers.

They are simply having a jolly good time and their joy spreads to everybody who meet these noisy young parties.

This year it seems a class of high school graduates had decided to have an extraordinary stop at Schakenborg. It was quit a charming gesture Joachim made ,when he met them at the gate. I think they got a lot more then they had expected, when he stamped their caps.

I remember when I was a high school graduates parading through towns - three dayes it took. It was such happy days.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Courtier

What a nice tradition - the high school graduates parading through their local towns as they leave basic schools and head to work, more education, or perhaps military (?)
A nice send-off for the townspeople, a personal touch.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Courtier

I like that idea very much. It would be another memory to add to the high school years.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The article did state that this was the very first time that local graduates have ever stopped at Shackenborg. Maybe they will add it to their route during next year's graduation. I would love to see more photos of Joachim and Marie interacting with the students.

Of course, they are very busy, so it would depend on whether or not they were home at the time.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Courtier

Interesting that they would do that this year - perhaps they sense a new Prince Joachim, more of a homebody perhaps? I would like to see Marie with people outside of ceremonial events or parties, whether private or formal.

She seems warm and sincere in the interviews. Granted, these have been in English. Interacting with people in Mogeltonder would be in Danish for the most part I would think. Still, maybe she can begin, little by little.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

I just saw the pics of Joachim and Marie's son and I have to say is that is one very good looking baby.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is an article about TV2, one of the Danish tv channels.

Touren slår prinsedåb - Royale - BT.dk

They usually send reporters to royal christenings, but they are contractually obligated to report on the conclusion of the Tour de France, which will be happening at the exact same time as the christening. TV2 is the one station that puts cameras in the church, but due to the timing of the two events, it doesn't sound like they will be able to do so this year. The other station, DR, will have a reporter outside of the church, and will be sending reports, but it doesn't sound like there will be coverage from inside the church.

Hopefully, we will be able to get to see pictures. The article doesn't talk about photography.

(Mods-sorry about the placement of this post. Please move it to the appropriate thread when it is opened).
Old 07-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

i suosi it is security but he did not invite them in, it looks a very small group!
Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Is there only one newsteam available, and it has to cover the Tour de France? I don't understand the gist of the post. Surely there is more than one newsteam, so that both events (christening and Tour de France) can be covered, perhaps then staggering the actual viewing times of same.

It is difficult to believe that there isn't a single spare camera to film the christening.

Perhaps this falls in place with the desire to keep this event private.

Can someone clarify the message behind the news article?
Old 07-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
Can someone clarify the message behind the news article?
Yes............I can.

TV2 is obligated to transmit the final of Tour de France directly when it ends at Champs-Élysées in Paris.

TV2 will transmit a short version of the christening in the evening. TV2's other channel TV2 News will transmit the christening directly from its beginning but only for one hour.

DR will be broadcasting the whole of the christening directly from about 4 pm and have their royal reportes reporting from Møgeltønder as well.

All in all the article is about the royal reporters from TV2 Jes Dorph-Petersen and Natasja Crone not going to Møgeltønder, due to the Tour de France which is very popular in DK while the royal reporters from DR, Reimer Bo Christensen and Anna von Lowzow, are going.

TV2 and DR will split the cost of the transmission and it will be cameras owned by TV2 that will be placed in the church.

IMO it is a splendid solution. The Danish viewers can switch from channel to channel following two great events at the same time. I know I would do so - that is - if I was not in Saltzbourg at the time.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's another article about the christening:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...eltoender.aspx

The title is, "Cousin and Cousin Party in Mogeltonder". It says that the young children, Nikolai, Felix, Christian, and Isabella, will be up front and close to the font during the christening when the little prince receives his name. It says that the little prince is the fifth grandchild of the Queen and Prince Henrik, and that he has already charmed Denmark with his dark hair and dark blue eyes. Nikolai was the first grandchild, born in 1999, and now there are five. The authors say that Prince Henrik especially enjoys his grandfather role.

The christening of the baby makes the family of Joachim and Marie complete, according to the article.

Tags
felix, joachim, marie, marie cavallier, nikolai, prince felix, prince joachim, prince nikolai, princess marie