The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Maybe, with time, Joachim and Marie will continue the dreamhome that was already underway. Marie can always make little changes, so it won't be "Alexandra's" house with Joachim.

Does anyone know where it is located?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The articles in BB and Se og Hor didn't name a location. The DRF's vacation home is in Cayx, so it is possible that the home Joachim was building may be in the same area.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Courtier

According to an article in this week's Billed Bladet the invitations for next month's christening of the little prince have been sent out to the guests.

Just 29 more days til the christening and I can't wait to see the DRF at this event and finally hear the little prince's four names and see his godparents at the christening. I hope that DR televises his christening and that Billed Bladet has a special christening issue.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's the article about the invitations:

Billed-Bladet - Invitationerne til barnedåb i Møgeltønder er sendt ud

It says that the guests are invited to a party at Shackenborg Slot after the christening. There will not be a formal dinner with long tables and place-cards, but rather a relaxed gathering where the guests can mingle with each other and admire the little prince. The article does say that the event will be private, but I would imagine that at least one photo of the christening itself will be released.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Yes, indeed, hopefully at least one photo! The little prince is, after all, part of the royal family, and a son of one of the only two sons of the reigning monarch.

If the queen is at the christening ceremony, it becomes a little less private, one should think.

Just for clarification, is the christening at the local church and then the celebration at Schackenborg?

I think that Felix was also christened at the church, and there were plenty of pictures later taken at Schackenborg --- with both sets of grandparents, the godparents, parents, all sorts of family in them.

Hopefully, that same precedent will be followed with Marie's child. I can not imagine the need to call it private, when the elder stepbrother's was rather open for pictures.

Beautiful shots of the fine family as it expands.

A happy day to be shared with all of Denmark, to be sure!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

The article didn't specify the location of the christening, but I would imagine that it will most likely be at the church in Mogeltonder.

I think that it is up to the parents to decide how many photos of the event are released to the public. Nikolai and Felix were the first grandchildren born, so it is understandable that a lot of photos would be released. My guess is that they will release photos taken at the church, with the parents, grandparents, Nikolai and Felix, and godparents. Since the reception is at their home, I would be surprised if a lot of photos are released (just like we saw with the wedding reception-no photos were released).

Of course, this is just my guess.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
The article didn't specify the location of the christening, but I would imagine that it will most likely be at the church in Mogeltonder.

I think that it is up to the parents to decide how many photos of the event are released to the public. Nikolai and Felix were the first grandchildren born, so it is understandable that a lot of photos would be released. My guess is that they will release photos taken at the church, with the parents, grandparents, Nikolai and Felix, and godparents. Since the reception is at their home, I would be surprised if a lot of photos are released (just like we saw with the wedding reception-no photos were released).

Of course, this is just my guess.
I think it's a pretty accurate guess.
If i'm right there were no photo's released from the reception after Chrisitan and Isabella's chrisitening?

As this is the first born of Marie and Joachim I imagine pictures being released from the actual christening and some official pictures with the godparents afterwards.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

You are right, Lumutqueen. There were no photos released from the receptions of Christian and Isabella's christenings. It would be nice to see the reception (especially since I am curious about what the interior of Shackenborg looks like now that Marie has moved in), but I would be very surprised if they invite the media. Hopefully, I am wrong, though!
Old 06-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Majesty

According to the article in post #3 of the 'Christening of the little Prince; July 26, 2009' thread, the christening will take place in the Mogeltonder Church.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 AM
Gentry

The little prince has had his first official photosession
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Billedkalender
Ekstra Bladet - Frste officielle billede af Bette Jokke
Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

Love every picture, thank you Marie looks very beautiful! And i'm in love with little prince
Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 AM
Commoner

What a gorgeous little boy, he has his mother's brown eyes!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Gentry

Number seven is my favourite picture.
Just adorable
Old 06-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

What a handsome little prince he is! The whole family are beautiful
Old 06-29-2009, 05:28 AM
Courtier

OMG...what a cute little chap he is. I am not good at picking up who children look like. Perhaps a cross between the 2 older brothers?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Courtier

Such adorable pictures!
The little Prince is too cute for words, he takes both after his Mummy and Daddy.

I love this picture of the entire family.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Gallery PPE
PPE Agency
What a beautiful prince.
He looks alot like Joachim and the boys.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Serene Highness

What a lovely family!!

The little prince looks like his father to me!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for pictures
Adorable child
I have a question-does anybody know something about monogram on pic 6 ?
Old 06-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

That is Joachim and Marie's official monogram. The little prince is absolutely adorable! I can see a resemblance in his features, but can't pin-point who from.

Tags
felix, joachim, marie, marie cavallier, nikolai, prince felix, prince joachim, prince nikolai, princess marie