General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
2wdr5o7.jpg

Welcome to Part 15 of the thread for General News about Frederik, Mary and Family!

You can find the old thread here:

** General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Great photo links, thanks Polyesco. Just like any other family at the beach. Jo certainly looks happy catching a wave on her board.

A few more pictures from their Australian adventure .

This one of the twins riding the waves is the cutest. Look at Josephine's face. And Vincent too :wub:
4_zpstkziebbd.jpg Photo by guildedangel | Photobucket

Vincent
2_zpsmazu5hby.jpg Photo by guildedangel | Photobucket

Frederik and Mary
1_zpstl12z0fh.jpg Photo by guildedangel | Photobucket

The joy the children must of had during this time and it is something they will always remember and I bet beg their parents to do a rerun each Christmas. Thank you for the lovely pictures, I love the one of Josephine riding the wave, what a brave little girl she already is....so very cute!:flowers:

A few more pictures from their Australian adventure .

This one of the twins riding the waves is the cutest. Look at Josephine's face. And Vincent too :wub:
4_zpstkziebbd.jpg Photo by guildedangel | Photobucket

Vincent
2_zpsmazu5hby.jpg Photo by guildedangel | Photobucket

Frederik and Mary
1_zpstl12z0fh.jpg Photo by guildedangel | Photobucket

Thanks for posting.

What a cutie Josephine is, the smile on that little girl's face melts your heart. Vincent is a sweet child and maybe thinking he can also surf the waves.

Polyesco , thought you may like to know that the Woman's Day ( I saw it in the grocery store) has a few pictures of Frederik and Christian in the magazine this week although the best one I cannot see on line and sorry I cannot scan it.

That picture of Vincent and Josephine out surfing :wub: You can almost hear them chuckle with laughter, can't you? Little prof surfers already. It must be their mother's Australian blood that runs in their veins ;-)

This family-trip must have given experiences and memories for life for the Crown Prince family and the Donaldsons!

(ADDED: On Friday, these little adorable surfer-twins can already celebrate their 5th birthday... how the time flies... )

Last edited:
You are right Marfre! The sweet smiling face of Josephine and Vincent melt my heart too. They have a beautiful and happy smiling faces. Love to see them.

Photos of CP Frederik and Prince Christian surfing together are now on the "Woman's Day" facebook account.

I can't post the link sorry, but they are worth seeing - Christian doing very well and Frederik getting dumped.

They've been up since yesterday so you'll need to scroll down - 15 hours ago and 17 hours ago. (There are two articles.)

Plus a few new photos of Frederik on the beach changing into his rashie.

Last edited:
Photos of CP Frederik and Prince Christian surfing together are now on the "Woman's Day" facebook account.

I can't post the link sorry, but they are worth seeing - Christian doing very well and Frederik getting dumped.

They've been up since yesterday so you'll need to scroll down - 15 hours ago and 17 hours ago. (There are two articles.)

Plus a few new photos of Frederik on the beach changing into his rashie.

here it is :
https://www.facebook.com/WomansDayA...12181160772/10153380953225773/?type=3&theater

Thanks for posting.

What a cutie Josephine is, the smile on that little girl's face melts your heart. Vincent is a sweet child and maybe thinking he can also surf the waves.

Polyesco , thought you may like to know that the Woman's Day ( I saw it in the grocery store) has a few pictures of Frederik and Christian in the magazine this week although the best one I cannot see on line and sorry I cannot scan it.

Thanks for the heads up, it looks like we got links.

Christian looks so big on that surf board, and how sexy does Frederik look surfing :cool:
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fa072ce8fe9b8cb2be1c2f4a1d735eba&oe=574A24C2
http://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.ne...ince-Fred-1.jpg?mode=max&quality=80&width=962

and yes its lovely to see the delight and joy on Josephine's face. And Vincent too

Thanks for posting.

Oh that's sad.

I enjoyed the surfing photos "Woman's Day" posted on their facebook account mafre - but when I checked the actual magazine sitting around my mother's house for the last few days, the photos actually published showed Prince Christian crying and holding his elbow.

- "crashed out of the water"/"clutching his elbow in pain"/"clearly distressed"/ "couldn't hold back the tears"/"his family comforted him".

The Aussie surf was certainly an experience for the young Prince.

(And maybe there will be more new photos - the article says Christian was surfing with his Uncle John, who is a surfer.)

Last edited:
While Royal duties have called Mary and Frederik back to wintery Denmark, Danish and Australian friends are still enjoying summer here in Australia.

Mary's friend Amber Petty has just posted a photo of herself on Instagram, with Frederik's friend Julie Moelsgaard, together on Melbourne's Brighton Beach - all big smiles.

Last edited:
:previous: Could we have a translation, please? Google translate is no longer my friend.

CP couple went for a three-hour crisis meeting to Fredensborg on Sunday
Frederik og Mary hastede til Fredensborg: Krisemøde - Herognu
Or more likely, F&M and kids visiting grandparents and showing holiday snaps from Australia....;)

"crisis meeting" is just Her&Nu's very own interpretation ;)

Indeed, Nordic.

That is very much an interpretation!

The article claims this was a crisis meeting to discuss the reactions to PH retiring.

However, the only concrete thing in the article are:
M&F went to Fredensborg.
They were there for three hours with QMII.

- So the meeting could be about anything, including QMII wanting to know about their holiday.

Another matter is that Joachim in today's issue of BB is quoted for talking about PH's retirement. He has known for a while, so I doubt they are holding a crisis meeting about now. - At worst QMII is briefing M&F about what was decided, if, repeat, if that took place while they were in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article said that Frederik and Mary took the kids, so maybe just a family get together to talk about their holidays in Australia ?

Thank you Nordic, Muhler, and Polyesco.:flowers: Tabloids - gotta love 'em!

The article said that Frederik and Mary took the kids, so maybe just a family get together to talk about their holidays in Australia ?

I don't see any kids in the car...

I suppose they have to have briefings all the time because they work together, at the same firm so to say :) BTW can you imagine having to see and work with your in-laws so often... It can't always be fun, I'm sure :lol:

I suppose they have to have briefings all the time because they work together, at the same firm so to say :) BTW can you imagine having to see and work with your in-laws so often... It can't always be fun, I'm sure :lol:

Mmm I agree working in the family business could have its moments for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It really has to be difficult to work with your in-laws even if you have a great relation! I am sure the Queen is very strong in everything. Wonder if the Queen was involve in which photos to release from the twins today?

It really has to be difficult to work with your in-laws even if you have a great relation! I am sure the Queen is very strong in everything. Wonder if the Queen was involve in which photos to release from the twins today?

Indeed. I don't think it's much different from other business run companies. Even if your are family you have to develop a business-like mentality at such "executive-meetings".
Also, Frederik have been working very close with QMII on the daily running of the show for at least a couple of years now.
And as it is evident that there have been changes, I think it's safe to say that QMII very much listen to advise from her son, and as a consequence her daugher-in-law, Mary, as well.

I haven't been looking particularly close at the DRF calendar for 2016, but there will no doubt be events that would normally have been dealt with the Regent Couple, where M&F will now step in assist and accompany QMII or perhaps even take over. - That alone would warrent several meetings IMO.

Do you remember the documentary about the DRF behind the scenes, where QMII met with M&F to plan and discuss what to see and do during the official state visit to Vietnam.
I can't remember if QMII has planned to go on a statevisit this year, (I believe so because there is usually an incoming and an outgoing statevisit each year) but I believe M&F will go with her and that alone of course require a good deal of modifying already laid down plans and adding new events.

Wonder if the Queen was involve in which photos to release from the twins today?

I really can't see Queen Margrethe as a person who would meddle in things like which photo her son and daughter-in-law chooses to release on the birthday of their children.

I dont think this was posted before, article comparing King Frederik IX and Crown Prince Frederik (in tattoos, navy men, and overall popular appeal)
Ekspert om kronprins Frederik: Derfor ligner han mere sin morfar end prins Henrik - Royale | www.bt.dk

"Another major commonalities between Crown Prince Frederik and his grandfather is the great popular appeal that both of them have been so informal and that they are both gone very interested in different kinds of sports."

a great chance to revisit the pictures of Frederik on the beach ;)
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/850/11/620x411-c/11850560-asd.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/850/11/620x411-l/11850492-i-morfars-fodspor---4.jpg

:previous: Indeed, just like Frederik today, Frederik IX (Perhaps even more) was able to be on eye-level with the common man and in a way so it seemed natural. He had after all been sailing for years onboard ship with much larger and less specialized crews than today, the majority having a working class background, so he knew the mindset and the little rituals.

There are several independent stories of Frederik IX from back around late 1940's - well into the 50's. He often went from Fredensborg or Marselisborg down to the local boat harbor to tend to his boat, with an adjutant. (There were no bodyguards back then). And when blue-collar workers cycled past they used to greet him and it happened on several occasions that Frederik IX (and the adjutant) was offered a beer, which they drank together. From the bottle naturally.
Apart from being a friendly gesture, sharing a beer is also a very old bonding ritual here in DK, and many other countries. First a beer, then you start chatting and getting to know each other. As late as the mid 80's there were workplaces were the new guy was expected to buy a round of beer to his workmates. A kind of introduction.

Looking at these episodes from above, it's likely that some of the workers were already slightly tipsy after a long day at work (and many beers!) and as such in a very friendly mood - and who says no to beer on a hot day anyway? ;)

But there is a picture and a story (from some 5-6 years ago) of Frederik visiting a sports club somewhere and being offered a beer by a guy in his 60's. Which was drunk the proper way, from the bottle and with a firm grip around the bottle. That made a very good impression on the man. That Frederik didn't shy away from having a beer with the common man.
There is a picture of the man and Frederik in the process of downing their beers. - I may have the article somewhere in the archive, otherwise you can find it here on TRF.

Last edited:
:previous: thank you for those stories .
It shows the natural touch that both Frederiks had/have.

Mary and Frederik were pictured taking the twins, Vincent and Josephine to school on their birthday January 8th.

Like its custom for them and I think Denmark, they went via bicycles
and ziggy too!
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/D1452702734312399_2.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/D1452702734312399_3.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/D1452702734312399_4.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/D1452702734312399_5.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/1/D1452702734312399_1.jpg

full gallery
https://www.paimages.co.uk/search-r...nish Royals take children to school - Denmark

bundled up but ready for a ride in the snow, after seeing these pictures this Southern California girl will no longer complain about my "winter" ;);) (thought it has been freezing :p!)

Not the coast ... or Byron... what a freezing looking photo !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom