General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Thanks Muhler,

A pleasure to watch this video of Christian being interviewed as a little prof royal already :cool: He's a good mix of both mother, father and grandfather John.

I have said it before, but I will say it again, I'm pleased to see the way F&M bring up their children. They have the most confident, natural, well-adjusted children who on a very fine way learn to grow up with the press. They are 10, 9 and 5 years old and already obvious confident and natural in front of the press - and certainly not afraid to talk to them neither. And at the same time they (and are allowed to) act just like children.

Christian with this little interview, and we saw Bella last year giving a tv-interview to the TV2 News when she had her first official duty on Samsø and we see only 5-years-old Vincent and Josephine spontaneously greet the press with a 'Hi' when they meet them.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
:previous:

Thanks Muhler,

A pleasure to watch this video of Christian being interviewed as a little prof royal already :cool: He's a good mix of both mother, father and grandfather John.

I have said it before, but I will say it again, I'm pleased to see the way F&M bring up their children. They have the most confident, natural, well-adjusted children who on a very fine way learn to grow up with the press. They are 10, 9 and 5 years old and already obvious confident and natural in front of the press - and certainly not afraid to talk to them neither. And at the same time they (and are allowed to) act just like children.

Christian with this little interview, and we saw Bella last year giving a tv-interview to the TV2 News when she had her first official duty on Samsø and we see only 5-years-old Vincent and Josephine spontaneously greet the press with a 'Hi' when they meet them.

I agree they are doing a great job bringing up their wonderful family. Such a great example to other royal families. How sad Mary's mother never got to see her daughter become such a beautiful wife and mother. I'm sure Mary sees a lot of her mother in her children.

In this BB video, Christian is giving an interview about sailing: VIDEO: Prins Christian fortæller om sin sjove dag på vandet med far | BILLED-BLADET

I notice that he is just calmly answering the questions, without making a show of himself or being shy.

From 0:45
Christians confirms that it was fun:
"Yes, I think so".

Q: How is it to sail with you dad?
"It's different, because I've also sailed optimist dinghy".

Q: Okay, so you could use some of the techniques you've learned?
"Yes".

Q: What do you like about sailing?
"That, eh, that it's a cool pleasure to be out on the water. And at the same time, you also kinda have to work, rather than just sitting around waiting".

Q: Can dad teach you some tricks?
"He sure can".

Frederik is also answering questions albeit a little more reluctant that Christian, about whom he said had done splendidly.
He also laughingly admitted that it went better today, from being second last in the race, to whatever position they had.

I am so happy to hear Christian speaking a "normal Danish" and not the posh one Joachims children are speaking.

Horray for Mary and Frederik. They are doing a fine job bringing the children up

I am so happy to hear Christian speaking a "normal Danish" and not the posh one Joachims children are speaking.

Horray for Mary and Frederik. They are doing a fine job bringing the children up
I thought it was one Danish! what is the difference?

I thought it was one Danish! what is the difference?

First of all there are a lot of fantastic dialects in Denmark, and that is beautiful.
what I talk about is a bit snobbish way of pronouncing the words.

Well when I listened again, it was not that bad with Athena and Henrik, but Joachim sound so snobbish. sorry this was totally out of topic

:previous: True words in that article. I'm pretty sue W&K would enjoy being able to do that.

And may M&F be able to go on such rides for many more years,

:previous: yes its wonderful that in Denmark they can enjoy the rides and outings with their family in peace. Although I suspect we might see Frederik and Mary pedaling with Ziggy in the basket in the future as the kids are getting older and heavier ;)

its cute, Vincent looks like he is ready to jump on board with dad and Christian. Im sure we'll see him and his sisters sailing as well in the future
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:93068313:preview:watermark?v=57220bbb&m=djeojcbe

Kongehuset: Her er sandheden om Frederiks utroskabs-rygte - MX.dk

In this weeks edition of the gossip magazine Her & Nu, a Sexologist named, Jakob Olrik, says Frederik visited a prostitute.
Or more correctly he has written a book based on storied a former girlfriend of his, a call-girl, has told him and in very poorly blurred form mentions a number of Danish well-known or influential people who should have been her costumers.
In the book a "member of the DRF" paid 50.000 DKK for a night at Hotel D'angleterre.
Anyway the author told Her & Nu: "Luna (the call-girl) told me that the Crown Prince was a very shy and considerate chap, who treated her well.
I can't prove her statement, but since you ask, I'm fully convinced that she told the things as they were. We were after all sweethearts and she needed to off-load and it wouldn't come as a surprise for me that the Crown Prince was a part of it".

Lene Balleby has responded: "The DRF consider along the way, whether the things brought in the media are to cause a reaction. That is also the case in this specific case, where strongly offensive and untrue claims that are based of rumors and guesswork are passed on".

According to Jakob Olrik, Frederik should have spend a night at Hotel D'angleterre (of all places, might just as well have been on Amalienborg Square!) and paid 50.000 DKK for the pleasure, while PET was waiting outside.

-----------

I remember reading a bit about the book when it was published a month or so ago. It more or less hinted that every politician and important businessman and actor worth mentioning had been "Luna's" costumers, and also an "anonymous" member of the DRF. All this should have taken place some years ago.
I dismissed the DRF bit as untrue on the spot when reading about it. Because 50.000 DKK for one night is serious money! Even for a member of the DRF. And if a member of the DRF wanted to have sex with a prostitute there are many other and much more discreet places to do it than downtown Copenhagen! Berlin, Hamburg or Paris about an hours flight away would be a more obvious and discreet option.

Anyway, I guess sale of the book is going slow, hence the author involving Frederik.
But from my non-juridical view, this is downright slander and the author may very well face a lawsuit and if the author has been equally liberal in regards to other (important, influential and wealthy) people mentioned in the book, he may live to regret ever writing that book!
Presumably he counts on the DRF not wanting to take legal actions "because they never respond to claims in the press" or perhaps he is simply stupid.

Okay, having said that, is it possible that this could be true?
IMO: No. Not Frederik. Not only because he by all accounts is a happily married man but also because he wouldn't have to see a prostitute. There would be plenty of willing women around, especially before he met Mary.
As this is bound to end up in the Australian press and probably Daily Mail as well (they check Her & Nu's website) I can't see how the DRF can avoid taking legal actions against Jacob Olrik, unless he detracts publicly and unreservedly - and that will be difficult with that quote, unless he admits the whole book is a fabrication.

Last edited:
IMO: No. Not Frederik. Not only because he by all accounts is a happily married man but also because he wouldn't have to see a prostitute. There would be plenty of willing women around, especially before he met Mary.

i personally think that he may have had lots of 'willing women', but engaging with a stranger would have been a risky affair - whereas if frederik paid for the service, he'd be ensured a much higher degree of discretion, particularly at the high price you say they quoted in the media.

Lene Balleby has responded: "The DRF consider along the way, whether the things brought in the media are to cause a reaction. That is also the case in this specific case, where strongly offensive and untrue claims that are based of rumors and guesswork are passed on".

-----------

I remember reading a bit about the book when it was published a month or so ago. It more or less hinted that every politician and important businessman and actor worth mentioning had been "Luna's" costumers, and also an "anonymous" member of the DRF. All this should have taken place some years ago.

thank you for the note Muhler.
that is a very serious allegation, and Im glad the DRF court has issued a statement.
that this "author" said "Luna" mentioned everybody gives me a hint that he may be reaching for attention and sales.
this book came out a month ago and its barely making a tabloid headline now, hmm.

how awful that people in the public eye can be talked about this way with no hard evidence of anything

Kongehuset: Her er sandheden om Frederiks utroskabs-rygte - MX.dk

As this is bound to end up in the Australian press and probably Daily Mail as well (they check Her & Nu's website) I can't see how the DRF can avoid taking legal actions against Jacob Olrik, unless he detracts publicly and unreservedly - and that will be difficult with that quote, unless he admits the whole book is a fabrication.

Well, possible is everything, since Charles & Diana I don't believe in any 'fairy tail marriage' anymore. Mary & Fred seem happy but they are also very image conscious, like any other royal in their position, making use of their fairy tale for image reasons.
Do I believe Frederik goes to an ordinary prostitute? No, that's far too risky. But in the royal circles there will be lots of opportunities of trusted 'hangers on' who don't talk to the press. Where there is a will there is a way.
And I do not believe that any royal marriage will be dissolved because of cheating discreetly (not even when the cheating is public). It's a different life, social circle and there is much more at stake than in 'normal' marriages.

Everything is possible, of course it is.

The reason I don't believe the author and why the book hasn't been torn down the shelves is that the author himself claims that the content is 10 % fiction and 90 % facts.
The book is based on what "Luna" has told him. I.e. second hand info at best.
Practically everyone worth mentioning in DK is included in the book, albeit under very unveiled names. Come on!
And now a month later he suddenly decides to come out and name Frederik.

When the book was published it was mentioned in the tabloids for two days with absolutely no one taking it seriously. AFAIK not even the morning/evening shows bothered to feature him and they feature about everything with a pulse.
The author himself (he claims) was subjected to a sh*tstorm on Facebook.

Prostitutes at the highest level and "Luna" must be classified at the highest level since she apparently had half the MP and half the business world, not to mention half the celebs as her clients, have a tendency to keep their mouth shut, for several reasons, not least because the IRS will be after them! Prostitution is legal in DK, but you have to pay taxes.
They are also usually very intelligent (as they serve as "travel-secretary", that's tax-deductable) and well mannered, but first and foremost they are discreet. Because where do you think say Swedish or Norwegian VIP's go? You guessed it, Copenhagen.

I can easily write a book about anyone based on something the local pizza-owner has told me. "I can't be sure it's true, but I believe it is", so I'll just "blur" the names a bit.
But once you name names it gets serious!

Unless the author can prove Frederik spend a night with "Luna" at D'Angleterre(!), it's downright slander.
The court will naturally call in Luna as witness and unless she backs him up, he is in trouble!
And how is she going to prove it? Photos? That's as illegal as it can be and now we may be talking extortion/blackmail.
And BTW did she declare her income? 50.000 DKK plus a fine of similar size. Somehow I don't think "Luna" would be particular interested in appearing in court.
And even if it is true, the author has breached the law on privacy. Frederik's sex-life, unless it's illegal or happens in full public view, is no ones business. He has just as much protection as I have.

I've had a look at the news this morning and even though the Danish world press can be pretty slow, there is nothing new.

I think the author hoped to earn at least a couple of millions on this book, and interviews and TV-appearances. I guess the sale flopped and now he hopes to up the sale.
Because who is going to see him in his capacity as sexologist now? He has proven he can't keep his mouth shut.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the author today will get an unpleasant letter from the DRF lawyer and probably the publishing house will get one as well.
So I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out in a couple of days saying it was just a joke/provocation/happening/whatever.

These are the articles I've been able to find to find about the subject on BT and Ekstra Bladet, and since I may be biased it may be better if you get another Dane or use Google to translate:
Langer ud mod forfatter til bog om overklassens hemmelige sexliv: 'Jeg føler mig trådt på'

Kendte og kongelige hænges ud i ny bog: Forfatter skriver om overklassens hemmelige sexliv

Kendte og kongelige hænges ud i ny bog: Forfatter skriver om overklassens hemmelige sexliv

Forfatter svines til efter bog om kendte og kongeliges sexliv – Ekstra Bladet

Dansk sexolog afslører kendte og kongeliges hemmelige sexliv – Ekstra Bladet

And I suggest you do a Google and Facebook on Jakob Olrik (the author).

Last edited:
The Danish Royal House have issued a communiqué on this subject?

Everything is possible, of course it is.

The reason I don't believe the author and why the book hasn't been torn down the shelves is that the author himself claims that the content is 10 % fiction and 90 % facts.
The book is based on what "Luna" has told him. I.e. second hand info at best.
Practically everyone worth mentioning in DK is included in the book, albeit under very unveiled names. Come on!
And now a month later he suddenly decides to come out and name Frederik.

When the book was published it was mentioned in the tabloids for two days with absolutely no one taking it seriously. AFAIK not even the morning/evening shows bothered to feature him and they feature about everything with a pulse.

thank you Muhler for your informative post. This bold part says it all. The "author" himself is saying that its 90% made up (me-thinks its more like 99%):rolleyes: and he is just throwing out names to get press, attention, and sales. It is just a he said-she said fantasy, with no actual evidence.
these type of scandalous "claims" can be found for any royal for that matter.

The Danish Royal House have issued a communiqué on this subject?

they did
"Lene Balleby has responded: "The DRF consider along the way, whether the things brought in the media are to cause a reaction. That is also the case in this specific case, where strongly offensive and untrue claims that are based of rumors and guesswork are passed on".

its really sad when people try and make money out of other peoples life's with made up stories ...........

:previous: Yes, it is being denied as completely untrue.

The Journalist, which as the name suggest is a magazine for and about journalists and journalism has a very critical article not only about the book and the author, but also towards the magazine Her & Nu that brought the article.
The conclusion by an expert in and researcher in media-law at the School for Journalism is that the article is downright illegal, unless it can proved correct which must be considered extremely difficult.
If this goes to court the author, the editor who okayed the article and the editor-in-chief for the magazine will be found guilty and sentenced.
I checked the legislation for libel, it carries a sentence for up to four months in prison plus fine and damages.
If it's considered slander it's up to two years in prison and very hefty fines!

The article is absolutely worth translating, but right now I don't have the time, so you'll have to use Google: Ekspert: Her&Nu bryder loven med påstand om kronprinsens utroskab | Journalisten.dk

Anyway, according to Ekstra Bladet the editors on Her & Nu are right now having a meeting discussing whether they have gone too far. (I guess they got a letter...).
Ugeblad efter svar fra kongehuset: Er vi gået for langt? – Ekstra Bladet

The D'Angleterre-gate continues!

Now the author, Jakob Olrik, says to Ekstra Bladet that he has never said Frederik was unfaithful.
Afviser Frede-beskyldninger: Jeg er blevet fejlfortolket – Ekstra Bladet

In a mail to Ekstra Bladet he writes:
"I have neither in the book nor in interviews pointed out real individuals as models for any of my persons (characters in the book). What I have said is that I could well imagine certain persons doing things like those I write about. Nothing else
I'm sorry and I regret that it has been interpreted differently".
He also writes that what was printed in Her & Nu was not what he been given the impression of what would be printed. And continue:
"I'm not least sorry about the interview in the weekly Her & Nu this week. They have read a text aloud to me, that I have approved. And then they have printed another".

Her & Nu has also responded to Ekstra Bladet: "Jakob Olrik has been read the interview, which is printed in Her & Nu. I don't have further comments for the present".

----------------------

Surprise, surprise!

But the poor little thing is actually quoted for saying to Ekstra Bladet that he believed it to be true that Frederik had been unfaithful (See previous posts). So he is not off the hook yet!

Should it come to a trial, it will be interesting to see if "Luna" even exists, which I personally very much doubt.

Whatever, I still believe the DRF should sue Her & Nu and the author. They got a warning when we had the breast-gate about Marie's breasts and they and the editor-in-chief don't appear to have learned anything. And since the charges in the Se & Hør case is about to be published within the next couple of weeks this might be just the right time.

Last edited:
:previous: Bingo! and now the author backtracks saying that he never mentioned Frederik. :rolleyes:
He was searching for sales and now finds himself (rightfully so) in trouble. And the editors of Her&Nu too.

Whenever this sort of thing happens, it has to be hard on the families. Today is Frederik's birthday, tomorrow is the christening in Sweden - Frederik is possibly going to be a godfather - it should be a very happy time. Let's hope it blows over quickly.

Whenever this sort of thing happens, it has to be hard on the families. Today is Frederik's birthday, tomorrow is the christening in Sweden - Frederik is possibly going to be a godfather - it should be a very happy time. Let's hope it blows over quickly.

its been announced that Frederik is one of Oscar's godparents. :flowers:

and today he was seen picking up the twins from their school
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF307BICt0Z/

Right, let's see why Her & Nu retracts the article.
Ugeblad trækker kronprins-historie tilbage – Ekstra Bladet

The magazine front page says that well-known sexologist says Frederik has been unfaithful for years - and that's a liiiitle bit more than just referring to something an author said in a book and in an interview.

Anyway, the online version of the article will now be retracted.

The editor-in-chief, Erling Tind Larsen, says: "When the main source retracts everything, then there sort of isn't any story. And then we can't do anything else than retracting the story".

Q: It's no more than six months ago you last had to retract a story about the DRF (breastgate). When will it happen next?
ETL: "That will hopefully never happen. We are all the time getting smarter at this. It's obvious that we are a tabloid.media, which all the time go to the limit, and we of course try and avoid crossing the boundary. So we are making a lot of effort for that not to happen again".

Q: It's not long ago that Marianne Gram (head of the weeklies and editor-in-chief in Egmont that is the publishing house behind Her & Nu) said that now at least two sources were needed for you to bring a story. And that's not the case here. It that something you will live up to in the future?
ETL: "Well, what we talked about there was the use of anonymous sources. This is a named source and it is really an interview with an author about his book. So in that context we didn't think further sources were needed.
And then you can say that the DRF is some way also was the source of the story, they just don't say that much".

Q: No, they deny it. And your second source is basically an anonymous source? A named source that quotes an anonymous source. That you think is enough for a story?
ETL: "She's anonymous in the magazine, but not to him. So it's just not a -source at the court says-. It's a case of an identifiable woman".

Q: But if it a source at the court, presumably then you know who it is? So will you do something in the future to avoid such a story, where you basically don't know who the source is?
ETL: "We will all the time make an effort. Obviously this give reason to discuss our use of sources and our criticism (source-proofing) - both named and anonymous. So all the time this does give reason for a discussion, also in this case".

Q: Now you are retracting the story, but will there come any form of apology to the court from you, or what are you going to do after this?
ETL: "We will do that that we will stop publishing it digitally (online). And then the spreading of it stops when the magazine is no longer on the street. And then we will in the next issue write an article, where we explain to the readers what is up and down in this case".

Q: But you dare not promise that in six months there will be another sensational front-page about the DRF, that you then have to retract?
ETL: "You should never promise something like that. But we will make a big effort in order for that not to happen".

The article also quotes the conclusion of Vibeke Borberg, who is chief-researcher in media law at the School for Journalism:
"My assessment is that the article is in violation of the law of privacy, the rules for libel and the press-ethical rules. It does not live up to the ethical nor legal standards we normally set up for an exposing story. The article is based on one source, who has his information from another anonymous source".

Those of you who are very fond of Frederik in particular will love this BT article! But I think I will skip it, I have plenty of other articles to look at.
So if someone else will provide a summary? :)

Ekspert om kongelig fødselar: Derfor bør Frederik snart overtage tronen fra Margrethe

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Muhler, you are not wasting your time - this is quite interesting, even if it is a little disturbing. We always appreciate the translations that you and other Danes provide for us. (Google translate is not my friend) But when you translate an article that has comments at the end, could you give us an example of what some of those commenters are saying? It would be nice to know what the average Dane thinks of all this. Just a thought. :)

:previous: I'd rather not to be honest. Those who comment on Ekstra Bladet do not represent the average Dane. In fact they are worse than those who comment on Daily Mail!
If you wish to know what the average Dane think you'll need to go to the Facebook-sites of the various papers and networks. That will provide a balanced picture.

Having said that the general opinion is that the DRF should take this to court.

-------------

Anyway, on a personal level: I'm going to take a break from TRF for some days, I'm a bit stressed these days.
See you later. :)

First of all, MidwetMom.. There is not any of 'all this'... this is not something big. I am an ordinary Dane and have not seen anything about this until now. Take a look on the Danish media and you will have a hard time finding anything. Only one online media (EB) seems to have written about it. I have not seen anything on other media at all. And I read all the paper newspapers on my work. And the "author" and Her&Nu have retracts the article complety.

Secondly.. Reading the comment box on EB's Facebook provide an unusually clear picture. There is not a single Dane who seems to has jumped on it. Come on .. It's also the most cheesy article. They butcher the author (who has pulled everything back and says Her&Nu have misinterpreted what he meant..) I have not seen one single bad comment for Frederik! On the contrary. The author gets very hard and hateful words and it must be extremely embarrassing for him.

The comment with the most likes is: HRH Crown Prince Frederik is the last man in Denmark who would be unfaithful. It is sad what some small people will do to earn some easy money. But this way is simply just too easy. I hope Her&Nu and the author will be drawn in court.

It is by the way the second time Her&Nu retract an article completely. The first time was with the stories about Princess Marie's plastic surgeries and now this time. Let's hope they learn of it..

Last edited:
Thank you, Muhler and Roskilde, for your explanations. I will respect your wishes and opinions. I'm used to the way these things are done in the US. Not that I read any tabloids, but they are sold in supermarkets, and when you're waiting in line, there's plenty of time to read the headlines. Once you read those, there's no need to buy the paper! :lol: The ones that amuse me are headlined: ''so-and-so's sad last days,'' then they name some celebrity who's getting up in years and doesn't look as good as they used to. They've had some of them dying for years. Of course, when they do die, it will be almost unnoticed. As for the comments, I read them on several news sites, etc. It would probably be better for my disposition (and blood pressure) if I didn't! But back to the current thread - it's beginning to sound like a tempest in a teapot. Now we can look forward to tomorrow's christening news.

Muhler, I hope you have some relaxing days off. :flowers:

Found this on twitter, seems like a good cause :flowers:
https://twitter.com/PlasticChange/status/723020962606641153
Plastic Change ‏@PlasticChange Apr 20 The Crown Prince Couple has donated 200.000 DKK and secures our expedition to the Pacific this year.

Plastic Change is an international organisation based in Denmark that works to raise awareness about the consequences of the increasing pollution of plastic in the seas and environment.
About Plastic Change

letter they received from the palace

https://www.facebook.com/plasticcha...6977185497434/428750997320051/?type=3&theater

not on the official calendar yet, but according to Plastic Change Frederik will be joining them this Wednesday
"On the occasion of "World Ocean" Day d. June 8, sailing HRH Crown Prince Frederik and environmental and food minister Esben Lunde Larsen with Plastic Change and the ship "Guldborgsund" out in the Sound to take samples of sea water to be analyzed for content of plastic."
Kronprins og minister på plastik-fangst - www.plasticchange.org

"Earlier this year donated Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation 200,000 kr. To Expedition Plastik, in the autumn of sailing off into the big plastic soup in the Pacific.

Crown Prince and environmental and food minister sail with from Amalie quayside to a port further up the coast and to the way participate in sampling as well as help to analyze samples from the day before. The samples are taken with a special trawl and sea water by pouring through a series of filters."

Not sure why its not on the calendar, but we have seen in the past teh Frederik and Mary have meetings and join organizations for events, especially organizations they have donated to from their Foundation :flowers:

Last edited:
New times for the DRF on Facebook... Which only further confirms me that it's Frederik and Mary who has had a large part of the decision to the DRF going on the social media. Today Mary shares a video from her cellphone. I think we're going to see much more of such things from the Crown Prince couple at the DRF's official Facebook site... And only more and more the more they take over.

Today on the DRF's official Facebook page:

HRH Crown Princess Mary caught the summer atmosphere in this video.
The Danish flags fly from the quarterdeck of Dannebrog on the route from Fredericia to Copenhagen.

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskekongehus/videos/298068373865084/

New times for the DRF on Facebook... Which only further confirms me that it's Frederik and Mary who has had a large part of the decision to the DRF going on the social media. Today Mary shares a video from her cellphone. I think we're going to see much more of such things from the Crown Prince couple at the DRF's official Facebook site... And only more and more the more they take over.

Today on the DRF's official Facebook page:

HRH Crown Princess Mary caught the summer atmosphere in this video.
The Danish flags fly from the quarterdeck of Dannebrog on the route from Fredericia to Copenhagen.

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskekongehus/videos/298068373865084/

how fun to see some 'behind the scenes' snaps and videos! i hope they keep sharing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom