General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since M&F managed to vanish from the face of the Earth and we won't get any family-shoots, do we know of any other event in the near future, where might M&F bring their children?
Akin to their appearance in the Aarhus Music Hall.

Eco-day, when the cows are let out on the grass (and Vincent can yell at them) is 57 days away. - See the counter here: Økodag
Here is a pic of Mary and the younger kids last year: http://økodag.dk/media/5765/Økodag-2015-Økologisk-landsforening-foto-RasmusBluhme-23-.jpg

:previous: I doubt they will take them on their upcoming trip to Saudi Arabia and Qatar ;);)

The Eco-Day was so great! Hope they go again
wonderful photo from the event
http://www.okodag.dk/media/5762/Økodag-2015-oekologisk-Landsforening-foto-UffeKjaer-4-_SpotImage.jpg

in 2012 and 2014, Christian and Isabella did an excellent job at the "find your way in Denmark" events, not sure if there is one planed for 2016 but I say Vincent and Josephine would have a great time :flowers:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xv0_OTE_n...ederik-isabella-christian-skov-lb-birkerd.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BIMLgf2iQ...AAAaM/H9DpEAby89w/s1600/4438896-polprins2.jpg

It pleases me to learn that Frederik is the man, I believe he is.

There is an observation by the BB reporter accompanying them to Saudi Arabia I'd like to share with you:
https://app.box.com/s/ag7p58i9gzp3cpcq3u0fxsq5pm47moub
" - More times, than were really necessary, Crown Prince Frederik presented his wife (formal word) to anyone and anybody who got close to the CP-couple. And each time he introduced Mary, it was with a proud look in his eyes". - In other words they were forced to acknowledge and greet Mary. :D

You can find the rest of the issue here: https://app.box.com/s/r4ytfplabyuffovim0izgij3cwuu3wed

There is an observation by the BB reporter accompanying them to Saudi Arabia I'd like to share with you:
https://app.box.com/s/ag7p58i9gzp3cpcq3u0fxsq5pm47moub
" - More times, than were really necessary, Crown Prince Frederik presented his wife (formal word) to anyone and anybody who got close to the CP-couple. And each time he introduced Mary, it was with a proud look in his eyes". - In other words they were forced to acknowledge and greet Mary. :D

You can find the rest of the issue here: https://app.box.com/s/r4ytfplabyuffovim0izgij3cwuu3wed

thank you so much for sharing this Muhler :flowers::flowers:
That is what I always see in Frederik, a man very proud of his wife. :wub:
They are a team and Frederik is beyond happy about that.
Very strong message sent ;)

well Joaquim and Marie they propably went to Villars has Marie is from there, she was born there, so...it's kind of her home also, as from Mary and Frederick because they have been to Austrália for hollidays for so long and because of that incidente with Christian maybe they want to keep a low profile regarding hollidays for now...:ermm:

[/url]

The pictures here prove that pretty well... A proud husband! Nice looks from Frederik to his wife, isn't it? :)

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/535/12/12535112-.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/3/J1457045207291556_2.jpg
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/3/J1457045207291556_1.jpg

Last edited:
well Joaquim and Marie they propably went to Villars has Marie is from there, she was born there, so...it's kind of her home also, as from Mary and Frederick because they have been to Austrália for hollidays for so long and because of that incidente with Christian maybe they want to keep a low profile regarding hollidays for now...:ermm:

That "incident" was so ridiculous overblown and I honestly doubt most people even remember it by now. I suspect their reason for skipping the winter holiday this year has more to do with a packed calendar and preferring a winter holiday in Denmark for a change than them wanting to "keep a low profile" ;)

I don't agree... Whether it was true or not, this kind of news is whats gets repreated by the mediaon and on and therefor, people remember it...

I woudn't be surprised if we see them going on a ski holiday later in the year. After all, sometimes the Easter holidays are still skiing time... Let's wait and see!

That "incident" was so ridiculous overblown and I honestly doubt most people even remember it by now. I suspect their reason for skipping the winter holiday this year has more to do with a packed calendar and preferring a winter holiday in Denmark for a change than them wanting to "keep a low profile" ;)
I agree :) I had forgotten about the "incident" if it wasn´t brought up here.

The only reason they might of not gone on a winter break so far is that they dont have the time. They have been busy with events, business trip and now Frederik is regent and has a few events. I don't expect them to have yearly winter holidays especially as they are getting busier.

I think you're right Archduchess Zelia about most people now not remembering about Prince Christian being caught in a rip.

Since Christian's incident, here in Australia, there have been several rip drownings - a couple of young boys, a couple of young men and a young woman.

All drowned in rips - two of the adults drowned in only knee-deep water.

Even these have, I think, been forgotten by the public at large.

(There have also been many hospitalisations due to non-fatal rip drownings.)

I wonder if the CP family are indeed keeping their private holidays "low profile" and out of the Danish public's eye.

Perhaps that's a wise thing if the media and public are concerned about tax-payer money being spent of a divorced ex-family member and a retired family member.

And all the while jobs go off-shore to lower cost Asia, and European society is experiencing a cultural, and economic shake-up, with the on-going migrant crisis.

(shortened by me)

Since Christian's incident, here in Australia, there have been several rip drownings - a couple of young boys, a couple of young men and a young woman.

And all the while jobs go off-shore to lower cost Asia, and European society is experiencing a cultural, and economic shake-up, with the on-going migrant crisis.

Happens here too every summer. What we call call horse-holes claim a couple of lives each year. Mainly tourists. And quite a few scares as well!
But it's the tide that is really dangerous, especially outside the summer months.

The interesting thing is that companies here are beginning to withdraw jobs from Asia. The transport costs are going up and while production is still cheap, you get what you pay for quality-wise...
And with a homegrown well-educated and flexible workforce that does not need supervision, production is now being withdrawn.

I'm glad that the CP Family can occasionally get away and spend some alone time with their children without anyone knowing where they have gone.

I also think that the long Australian holiday was an exceptional one...which in all likelihood will never be repeated. The CP couple are going to get busier and as their children get older...they are not going to be able to spend such a long time out of school.

So next year, we may well see the traditional 1 week ski holiday again.

Happens here too every summer. What we call call horse-holes claim a couple of lives each year. Mainly tourists. And quite a few scares as well!
But it's the tide that is really dangerous, especially outside the summer months.

The interesting thing is that companies here are beginning to withdraw jobs from Asia. The transport costs are going up and while production is still cheap, you get what you pay for quality-wise...
And with a homegrown well-educated and flexible workforce that does not need supervision, production is now being withdrawn.

I'm glad to hear that the Danish workers are being better appreciated Muhler.

There have also been situations arising with Australian companies that the cheaper production costs don't make up for.

And some people I know have given up on China after trying for a few years - wasn't worth it in the end. Cheaper, but more problems than needed.

I agree Terri Terri - it seems unlikely CP Mary and family will have an extended break down here in Oz again.

Even in average families everyone seems to grow up and grow away. One or two big family holidays and then that stage of life passes.

Last edited:
I'm glad that the CP Family can occasionally get away and spend some alone time with their children without anyone knowing where they have gone.

I also think that the long Australian holiday was an exceptional one...which in all likelihood will never be repeated. The CP couple are going to get busier and as their children get older...they are not going to be able to spend such a long time out of school.

So next year, we may well see the traditional 1 week ski holiday again.

I agree Terri Terri - it seems unlikely CP Mary and family will have an extended break down here in Oz again.

Even in average families everyone seems to grow up and grow away. One or two big family holidays and then that stage of life passes.

It's great they can do that. And certainly necessary. All families need to be able to take away and just be themselves.

I really don't think we should lay much in this year's winter holiday. Frederik, Mary and children DID SPEND a week of winter vacation just as they always do. This year they just chose to keep it at home in Denmark. Probably because they had just been on a month long family trip in Australia and preferred a quiet and relaxing winter holiday at home in Denmark (Trend?)

On the other hand, I'm wholeheartly disagree that the family journey to Mary's home country not will happen again. I certainly am sure that we will see an extended family trip to Australia again. That F&M and children will continue to visit mother's homeland and family every 2 years. Or so. Maybe not a month long family vacation every two years, but a few weeks as usual. The Donaldson family is close. Which reminds me that Mary's father, John Donaldson, just have been visiting F&M and the children in Denmark during the winter holiday... (Perhaps also why they chose to keep the winter holiday at home.)

It's no surprise that Crown Princess Mary is very popular and respected. And it's no surprise that so is Queen Margrethe.

And in connection with the International Women's Day tomorrow there has been carried out a study on which Danish woman who the Danes think is the most inspiring in Denmark.

No. 2 on the list: Crown Princess Mary

No. 5 on the list: Queen Margrethe.

Tomorrow evening on the International Women's Day Mary (who fights for women's rights) are speaking at a big event in Copenhagen.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Oh, thanks.
I'll delete it then. No need for a double-post.

As we all know the best interviewers are children, because they ask the best and most meaningful questions.

This is actually a part of M&F's visit to Qatar, but I place it here because it provides an insight into how Mary interacts with children, but also because the questions are better than the average questions from journalists and as such give an insight into Mary

From Billed Bladet #19, 2016.

Q: How and why did you become a princess?
M: "I fell in love with a princes and that's how I became a princess".

Q: How old are you?
M: "Easy now. Well, I'm 44".

Q: Are you happy with your life?
M: "Yes, I love my life. There are different stages in life. I also loved my life before I got married, but today with four lovely children and a wonderful husband, everything is as it should be"

Q: Is Denmark a nice place to live?
M: "Yes, Denmark is a beautiful country. It's very different from Qatar, because it's very green. In the summer it's light (outside) to 23 in the evening, but in the winter it can be pretty dark. It's a beautiful country and you should visit it some day".

Q: How was it to grow up in Tasmania in Australia?
M: "It was good. It's a beautiful place. I had a good life. It's a nice place to grow up".

Q: How is it to be a princess and everybody knowing you?
M: "You have to get used to that. But mostly we can just bicycle out the door, without being noticed at all".

:previous:

How great! Both the children's questions and Mary's answers.

And yes, there's nothing like questions from children, aren't there?

Q: Are you happy with your life?
M: "Yes, I love my life. There are different stages in life. I also loved my life before I got married, but today with four lovely children and a wonderful husband, everything is as it should be"

Lovely! Mary certainly also looks like a genuine happy woman, wife and mother who have ended up just that place in life where she is happy. (Despite it ended up being on the other side of the world where she was born...) :)

I'll leave it to the mods to decide whether this should be classified as an event or a private thing.

Kronprins Frederik og Anne Linnet: Sammen i verdens hårdeste skiløb | BILLED-BLADET
Billed Bladet writes today that Frederik will take part in Artic Circle Race on the 1st April.

It's the 20th anniversary for this three day long and 160 Km long race on skis.
This year 223 participants from fourteen countries will take part.

Frederik is quoted for saying that: "I'm looking forward to a lovely experience in Greenland".

Arctic Circle Race is considered if not the hardest race on skis, then certainly among the hardest in the world.

Q: How is it to be a princess and everybody knowing you?
M: "You have to get used to that. But mostly we can just bicycle out the door, without being noticed at all".

The interview was cute. Love the last answer. And hope it may continue this way

:previous:
Lovely! Mary certainly also looks like a genuine happy woman, wife and mother who have ended up just that place in life where she is happy. (Despite it ended up being on the other side of the world where she was born...) :)

Could not agree more :flowers:

This morning, Mary publish this beautiful photo she has taken herself with a beautiful thought about the week which has passed in the Mary Foundation on their official Facebook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden...9000594147871/982758458438743/?type=3&theater

A greeting from the Crown Princess:

"I took this picture the other day of the beautiful Spring light. Right now the light is increasing and the nature reminds us that there is a fresh start on it's way. This week I met women in the MothersHelp and at the Crisis center in Odense. Women who have lived with violence, but who have found the strength to move on, and now also goes a brighter future in meeting. The Crown Princess."

ADDED:
Again it shows how Frederik and Mary are taking over now and are putting their young modern touch at the DRF. The more and more F&M takes over, I think, we will see more of the DRF on the social media. As we already see with Mary through her Mary Foundation's Facebook page. I'm also convinced that it's F&M initiative to hire a new employees for DRF to "take care of the new communication on social media" who will begin working for DRF to May.

Last edited:
:previous: really beautiful photo by Mary and nice statement too.
I do hope they improve their communication department

What would you like to see improved, Polyesco? I thought the Danes were doing quite well, communication wise?

We also see Mary's photography skills here. As we know she has. Are there any Copenhagener members who can locate where Mary took the picture?

Looking forward to Bella's 9-years old birthday pictures... Maybe taken by Mary again. Like Vincent's and Josephine's in January.

What would you like to see improved, Polyesco? I thought the Danes were doing quite well, communication wise?

They don't IMO. The DRF need to improve their communication. But it's hard because Queen Margrethe is from a generation who doesn't have (or will) have a clue about what a mobile or a computer is :lol: F&M puts more and more their mark on the DRF now, and it will be seen in the form of better and modern communication, I think. The DRF could start by writing in the official calendar every time Frederik attends all meetings, Council of State meetings, and audiences. That would be a start, at least... Mary also participates in lots of meetings and visits with Mary Foundation, as we only get information about because the Mary Foundation post it on their official Facebook page - otherwise we wouldn't know because these meetings and visits are never written in the official calendar.

Last edited:
To me it looks like the spire of Rosenborg castle in the distance. Of course I may be completely wrong.

To me it looks like the spire of Rosenborg castle in the distance. Of course I may be completely wrong.

Rosenborg does not have a tall spire like this. I think its st. Albans Church. I Might be wrong, but it would make sense that Mary would go for a run at "Kastellet" which is fairly close to Amalienborg.

They don't IMO. The DRF need to improve their communication. But it's hard because Queen Margrethe is from a generation who doesn't have (or will) have a clue about what a mobile or a computer is :lol: F&M puts more and more their mark on the DRF now, and it will be seen in the form of better and modern communication, I think. The DRF could start by writing in the official calendar every time Frederik attends all meetings, Council of State meetings, and audiences. That would be a start, at least... Mary also participates in lots of meetings and visits with Mary Foundation, as we only get information about because the Mary Foundation post it on their official Facebook page - otherwise we wouldn't know because these meetings and visits are never written in the official calendar.

I agree 100% with Roskilde.
The state councils and audiences should be highlighted more, at least list Frederik. Maybe a picture once a year. His meetings with foreign ministers can be mentioned, even after the fact. Sometimes we learn of these meetings from the websites of those ministries and nothing on the DRF website.
the agenda needs an upgrade too. often events are missing. Like for example Frederik participation at the Arctic Winter Games 2 weeks ago, the DRF website only listed him for the first day, attending the opening. But he had a 2 day visit with a full agenda of receptions and gave a speech on the second day.
About 2 years ago he went on a week visit to Silicon Valley in California, to visit Danish innovation and companies, again no agenda was listed.:bang: I can understand for some events they want them to be low key, but they could place an agenda after the visit and release pictures.

With Mary we often find out about her meetings because of the Mary foundation website but again nothing on the DRF website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom