General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 15: January 2016 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit suprised this isn't done in Denmark Muhler. How does your community know what's happening in your life without this system?

Facebook. :)

Seriously, certainly out here in the more rural areas it's still quite normal to put in a notice in the local paper when someone has been baptized, married or dead and sometimes anniversaries too. Often with a little photo. But not births.
And the obituaries are indeed the very first thing quite a lot of people read when they get the paper. :lol:
But it is increasingly being replaced by Facebook, which the 50+ generations have adopted to such an extent that I believe they are the most eager users! - I mean, how can you be a retiree and not be on Facebook?!? :eek: You might just as well be deaf, blind and mute! :ermm:

But it's no more than two generations ago that virtually all gossip... eh, I mean exchange of community information took place at the local what we today will call a mini-supermarket. Where all the local housewives met and chatted.
In this part of the country there is still an expression "Det siger de nede ved købmanden = they say so down at the grocer" (always said in dialect BTW), which was used to emphasized the validity of a piece of gossip... information.
And in every single village or neighborhood there was invariable a woman who was publicly known as say "Mariager avis = Mariager (town) newspaper", who somehow always knew every single piece of the latest gossip and saw it as her sacred duty to pass it on to as many people as possible.
The alternative to a local paper, whether it came in paper or human form, was the mailman. That was mainly in the countryside though. Many times during his route the mailman would be invited inside for a cup of coffee, so he could pass on the local gossip. Because he had first hand knowledge of how things were at the other farms in the area.
How the mailmen ever managed to get through the day without a caffeine shock is beyond me... :D

And in small towns street-mirrors like these: http://www.artbazar.dk/www/Upload/fileuploa/4845/134.jpg or this: http://www.fotoagent.dk/billeder/82437/stor/496_IMG_4681__Large_.jpg hang outside at least every third house, so that the occupants inside, could sit at the coffee table and keep an eye on what's going on the street.

- I have a feeling that similar systems existed in Australia?

Last edited:
:previous: Muhler, thanks for the entertaining post. :flowers:

It all sounds just like Tassie used to be - and in smaller towns may still be.

All except the mirrors. What an idea! I can see some of those being broken by a disgruntled neighbour at times.

The alternative to a local paper, whether it came in paper or human form, was the mailman. That was mainly in the countryside though. Many times during his route the mailman would be invited inside for a cup of coffee, so he could pass on the local gossip. Because he had first hand knowledge of how things were at the other farms in the area.
How the mailmen ever managed to get through the day without a caffeine shock is beyond me... :D
Although not have turned 40 years yet, I have experienced the mailman sitting at the table for a cup of coffee and yes, he did know what was going on in my father´s parishes :lol::lol::lol:

That CP Frederik and CP Mary is very popular can't surprise, and therefore it doesn't surprise that Danish television already have had Danish tv-premiere on the Australian film about our Crown Prince Couple's love. It was shown in primetime last Thursday (probably to celebrating Crown Princess Mary's birthday the following day.)

Not surprisingly the viewer rating for the film was more than double up compared to the channel's usually viewer ratings.

I saw the movie myself. I'm a woman, so a sweet and romantic film (no more, no less), about a big love between two young innocent people in two different worlds on opposite sides of the globe who couldn't live without each other. And about the fiction in the form of Margrethe and John Donaldson? Well, it's just a movie... And I think most people can tell the difference.

Gallup viewer rating for last week:
TV pressemeddelelser fra TV-Meter

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks, Polyesco.

I'm glad M&F and the DRF in general are allowed to be ordinary as far as that is possible.
It's healthy for them and not least their children.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2016.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who took up position on Amalienborg Square on Mary's birthday.

And indeed from 18.30 the all-female guests began to arrive.
To the slight confusion of several of the guests they were let in through the rear or private gate. (The one you see on the right if you look at a photo of the mansion).
Bearing bags with gifts the guests included:
Julie Mølsgaard, who drove all the way in. That is when the gate finally opened.
Caroline Heering.
Malou Skeel, from Birkelse Estate (big farm) which M&F often visit when at Trend.
Ellen Hillingsø.
Birgitte Handwerk and Rikke Juel who arrived together.
Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg, who came straight from CIFF.

One of the guests said: "It's a real girls-night".

However, Frederik was present apparantly as the only adult male.

Late in the afternoon, QMII dropped by for about an hour.

As you know M&F have for years been patrons of the Danish version of Sculpture by the Sea, which has been a tremendous success!

But now it's over.
The local art museum, Aros (*) has decided to end Sculpture by the Sea and replace it by another but apparently similar or at least inspired project: The Garden. End of Times, Beginning of Times. Which will stretch for four kilometers along Aarhus Bay.
That exhibition will appear in 2017 when Aarhus will be the European Culture Capital.

- I should be very surprised if the DRF will not make an appearance. Most likely M&F. - But QMII as well. (They'd have to tie her down to keep her away!)

(*) The local largest art museum Aros (which is old-Danish for Aarhus) is in charge of the Sculpture by the Sea exhibitions. The museum is a public success. Very much because the museum apart from fine art also exhibit themes that appeals to the common man and not least children, so the visitor-numbers are off the scale!
Of course there are some who do not appreciate that art should be for the common uneducated brutes with low foreheads and calluses on the knuckles. :viking::ermm:
And they frown upon the exhibitions.

Last edited:
:previous: thanks Muhler.
Shame the Sculpture by the Sea is ending looking forward to the new exhibit :flowers:

Nice that Mary got a birthday "girls-night" with Frederik there to "rein" them in lol;)

:previous: :ermm: Yeees, he might even have been sexually harassed though...

That never seems to happen to me...:sad:

Frederik out and about on the new cargo bike with Josephine. And ziggy running along
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca2YhlNW0AAL1sv.jpg:large

:previous: Thanks, Polyesco.

I'm glad M&F and the DRF in general are allowed to be ordinary as far as that is possible.
It's healthy for them and not least their children.

Thanks Polyesco. Her&Nu this week has a cute picture of Mary who picked up Vincent and Josephine from kindergarten last week. Mary walked while Vincent and Josephine both cycled on their own little bikes. Mary had to run a couple of times to keep up with them :p Yes it's great they can move so easily around in the streets of Copenhagen. And it is my clear impression that they do that daily. And that they deliever and pick up children from kindergarten daily.

Next week it's the Danish schoolchildren's official winter vacation. So Christian, Bella, Vincer and Phine has winter vacation and looking in F&M's calendar, it seems that they hold a week off with the children as well. Frederik participates in "2nd Youth Olympic Games 2016" in Norway tomorrow, but it doesn't seems like he attends more days IMO.

So maybe the family will travel on their usial skiing vacation? Maybe not. There use to be sent a press release out about the family's press photography but there has not yet? Perhaps it comes the next days.. Or perhaps the family travel to Norway instead? Then Frederik can participate more days in the youth Olympic Games while at the same time having his family close? We will see :)

Frederik will be regent from Sunday the 21th February, and that fits with the children who starts in school again Monday the 22th.

The 27th F&M are going on a large officiel business trip.

Last edited:
Thanks Polyesco. Her&Nu this week has a cute picture of Mary who picked up Vincent and Josephine from kindergarten last week. Mary walked while Vincent and Josephine both cycled on their own little bikes. Mary had to run a couple of times to keep up with them :p Yes it's great they can move so easily around in the streets of Copenhagen. And it is my clear impression that they do that daily. And that they deliever and pick up children from kindergarten daily.

Next week it's the Danish schoolchildren's official winter vacation. So Christian, Bella, Vincer and Phine has winter vacation and looking in F&M's calendar, it seems that they hold a week off with the children as well. Frederik participates in "2nd Youth Olympic Games 2016" in Norway tomorrow, but it doesn't seems like he attends more days IMO.

So maybe the family will travel on their usial skiing vacation? Maybe not. There use to be sent a press release out about the family's press photography but there has not yet? Perhaps it comes the next days.. Or perhaps the family travel to Norway instead? Then Frederik can participate more days in the youth Olympic Games while at the same time having his family close? We will see :)

Frederik will be regent from Sunday the 21th February, and that fits with the children who starts in school again Monday the 22th.

The 27th F&M are going on a large officiel business trip.

thanks Roskilde. How cute, Vincent and Josephine on their own bikes, I can imagine Mary had quite a work out going after them:lol:

Hopefully we do get a winter photo-shoot next week, but like you said maybe they will spend some days in Norway. Nice they get a week with the family before the busy week of the 27th going to Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Frederik is regent from the 21st to 27th and Mary has an event the 25th :flowers:

Here are the pictures of Vincent and Josephine on their own bikes :wub: They are getting so big already
https://www.paimages.co.uk/search-results/fluid/?category=A,S,E&crhPriority=1&imagesonly=1&limit=100&page=1&photos=1&text=Crown%20Princess%20Mary,%20Prince%20Vincent%20and%20Princess%20Josephine%20on%20their%20way%20to%20daycare,%20seen%20out%20and%20about%20on%20Amaliegade%20in%20Copenhagen,%20Denmark.&user_q=Crown%20Princess%20Mary,%20Prince%20Vincent%20and%20Princess%20Josephine%20on%20their%20way%20to%20daycare,%20seen%20out%20and%20about%20on%20Amaliegade%20in%20Copenhagen,%20Denmark

This time Josephine and Vincent did not get a ride like last time
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca2YhlNW0AAL1sv.jpg
http://herognu.dk/upload/fixed/643/405/her-og-nu/2016/5/tirsdag/20160125_085228.jpg

Thanks Polyesco.

Looks like Josephine was the first of the two to feel comfortable to ride on her own. She's also taking the lead in this latest set.

Funny how even twins can be different - if I'm right of course. ;)

well someone has to take the lead ;)
unless of course there are dancing cows than Vincent will take the lead in yelling at them to run LOL :lol:

:previous: They're getting so big, Vincer and Phine :) I can see the pictures are taken on Mary's birthday and I guess Mary, Vincent and Josephine are on their way to kindergarten.

Mary and the children (Frederik is on a official event in Norway this evening) seem to could spend a lovely evening with grandfather John Donaldson tonight.

A member of a group of knowledgeable and loyal supporters of the Danish royal family writes today this post:

I know what Crown Princess Mary recieves in a belated birthday gift tonight ..

- Great experience earlier today happened in a shop on the first floor in the main shopping street in Copenhagen.
A gentleman and myself was apparently the only customers in the shop - downstairs there was a lot more.

The man spoke to me with a "Good morning" - despite the fact that it was 1pm, smile. I smiled and returned his greeting .. thought I mistakenly though that he was a employer in the shop.
He talked on and wanted to know where I came from. I explained and talked.. We talked about how difficult the Danish language was and at one point I praised the Crown Princess for her beautiful Danish language, but also because the Crown Princess has said it has been hard to learn to speak Danish.
- He laughed at my comment and I thought that now I had said something grammatically wrong because we spoke English together. He could see my astonishment and explained that he actually was in the shop to pick up a belated birthday gift to Crown Princess ...

It turned out that he was an old friend of John Donaldson, who is in town for a visit. He even told how John Donaldson and a company including himself should spend some fun hours later (maybe tomorrow).

We Danes got a high praise along the way, however, he felt like myself, that we are a somewhat reserved peoples and we agreed that it is indeed super cozy having conversation with unknown people you meet randomly
The three employers had finished packages and we said goodbye. I did ask the gentleman if he would convey a delayed birthday greeting from me to Crown Princess Mary - funny enough he could remember my name.

Today was the last day in school for Christian and Isabella before the winter vacation begin for the Danish school children, so maybe John and Susan are in Denmark to spending the winter vacation with Frederik, Mary and the children... :)

Last edited:
well someone has to take the lead ;)
unless of course there are dancing cows than Vincent will take the lead in yelling at them to run LOL :lol:

:lol: He should start yelling at cyclists. - But then cows would be more receptive...

Nice story, Roskilde.

Last edited:
I hope they get the annual ski holiday but maybe with the big trip back to australia over christmas they are not going to go on one this year.

Usually february did not go? There will already make the announcement until now?

I hope they get the annual ski holiday but maybe with the big trip back to australia over christmas they are not going to go on one this year.

It doesn't seems so. This week is the national winter vacation for school children in Copenhagen, and looking in the official calendar it seems like Frederik and Mary keeps the entire week off to spend winter vacation with the children. But it does not seem that they have travled on their usual skiing holiday to Switzerland this year. And it has very probably something to do with the family just being on a long trip in Australia over the Christmas. My guess is that the the Crown Prince Family enjoys a relaxing winter vacation at home here in Denmark. Maybe in their beloved Trend cottage.

I can be mistaken as there's still many days back of the winter vacation, but it doesn't look like F&M and children are going on their usial skiing vacation this year in Switzerland and the DRF has not announced photo sessions with any from the DRF this year. So, so far, we must be content with lovely pictures from the previous year - BB has collected a nice gallery with pictures of F&M and children's lovely photo sessions in the snow from the last many years: :)

SE BILLEDERNE: Kronprinsesse Mary og børnenes herlige stunder i sneen | BILLED-BLADET

Last edited:
I'm not surprised they are giving their annual ski holiday a miss this year. The media, republicans and anti-DRF people would have a field day, especially since the CP family had a month long holiday in Australia.

i am also surprised as they've always posed in each of their winter breaks, if memory doesn't fail.

I hope they do do a photo shot but maybe they are having a quiet time at home.

What is interesting is that Joachim and family are also not doing a photo shot, Joachim has done his own for years now. not sure if they are skipping their ski holidays as well. It has been a quiet month for them.

I think Frederik and Mary didnt do a photo shot in 2011, right after the twins were born. :flowers:

It is very odd.

Both M&F and J&M appear to have gone below the radar.

J&M I can understand. Our Marie recently turned 40, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a kind of second honeymoon somewhere. And naturally they would like to be alone.

As for M&F I too suspect they've gone to Trend. They appear to love being there.
Plenty of quality time with the children. Lots of fresh air! Perhaps bivouacking in the forest (hush, can you hear the wolves? :shock::shock::blink::ermm::D:rolleyes:).
Go riding, go fishing or just have a cozy time near the fireplace, or drive an ATV.
And they can visit the Skeel family at Birkelse Gods (*) so that Vincent can indulge in his urge to climb fences and shout at livestock. Or visit some of the Wedell-clan at Frijsenborg Manor.

(*) Gods = very large farm, but too small to be a manor.
Let's have a DK-lesson.
Husmandssted = homestead, with a few animals and not that much land, but just enough to support one family.
https://realdania.dk/~/media/realdaniadk/filantropiske%20programmer/samlet%20projektliste/statshusmandsbrug%20skovb%C3%B8lling/20130129-164201-5-2993x1686web-eksterioer-fra-vejen.jpg?mw=4000

Now we go up one notch to a farm with two outlying buildings. A "trelænget gård"
http://www.danskeboligarkitekter.dk/images/Trelaenget_gaard_med_aeldre_straatag_3496_20170e7253.jpg

And we step one big step up the ladder, to a farm with a closed yard, a "firlænget gård" - it's getting grand now! (Certainly in their own opinion!)
Naturally with a gateway.
http://www.herninghistorie.dk/historier/attached-historie-1295964916-799029-14197/Ejsingk__r.jpg

One more big step and beforehand that usually meant lower nobility, to a "gods" = estate. Also known as "herregård" = small manor, which implies nobility.
http://images.fyens.dk/19/234919_1200_0_0_192_2048_1152.jpg

And finally (fanfare) "slot" = manor.
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/630/5/2200x/5630250-gods.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
:previous: thank you Muhler. I much enjoy the Danish lessons :flowers::flowers:
and Trend sounds amazing and seems like a perfect fit for the CP family

We know now that J&M and the kids have been (still are?) in Zanzibar :flowers: It´s Billed-Bladet that came with that information. I just can´t remember whether they are home again or if they still are in Zanzibar :)

And Billed-Bladet speculates whether the crown prince family are in Trend :whistling:

:previous: But F&M and children also do drive to Trend as soon as they have the opportunity :)

As for M&F I too suspect they've gone to Trend. They appear to love being there.

Plenty of quality time with the children. Lots of fresh air! Perhaps bivouacking in the forest (hush, can you hear the wolves?)

Go riding, go fishing or just have a cozy time near the fireplace, or drive an ATV.

And they can visit the Skeel family at Birkelse Gods (*) so that Vincent can indulge in his urge to climb fences and shout at livestock. Or visit some of the Wedell-clan at Frijsenborg Manor.

They do. As such a outdoor loving family Trend is heaven. And Trend really sounds like a lovely place.

Maybe they're on a travel somewhere? (Maybe with Mary's dad and Susan?)

A Car Center has painted Frederik and Mary on their truck and have shared their pictures the last couple of days on Facebook in hopes of F&M maybe will visit them when they are having taking pictures of the truck. And it seems to have worked and the news has now reached Frederik and Mary :)

SHARE, SHARE; SHARE.. Let the Crown Prince Couple sit in each their own seat when there will be taking pictures of the beautiful Scania with handmade motives of Frederik & Mary. We will be more than satisfied with at least one of them. SHARE SHARE..
Updated 17th February: All your many sharing worked: I have been contacted by a close friend of the Crown Prince Couple who confirms they have seen the advertisement, they though the idea sound good and they certainly wouldn't exclude anything. They are out travelling during the moment, but they will get home before the photo day :) - Now I have hope for they show up, oh my it could be fun!

https://www.facebook.com/Nicksbilpleje/posts/991382677598098

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom