General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 14 of the thread for General News about Frederik, Mary and Family!

You can find the old thread here:

** General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Just a little little guess. With Frederik and Mary not participate in the official Flag Day this weekend (Prince Joachim instead) and no other official events - and with the knowledge that Mary's father John Donaldson had birthday yesterday - maybe the CP family during the weekend has been a quick trip to France to celebrate him. No, I don't know, just a little thought I made myself. John Donaldson btw could celebrate his 74th year birthday.

Let's have a nice picture of father and daughter:
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/490/620x/490617-hjemme-hos-familien-donaldson--.jpg

And some of the latest pictures of John Donaldson - looking proudly at his daugther to Queen Margrethes 75th birthday some months ago:
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2312cc3d568e31dd4b0327aa12fc78dc&oe=566D445B
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3c18e39c71bc9291adf9562e361ba34c&oe=565F6DF3
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=cd02fbf94b1625a93352dc2eb7e2c3dc&oe=56704741

Last edited:
Good point!
I did find it a bit weird that they didn't participate in flag day but then I guess they left it for other members to attend. I didn't realize it was her fathers birthday.

I'll place this here even though it doesn't involve M&F directly. But it's all due to them.
Ny Aros-festival afløser Suclpture by the Sea - Lokalavisen Aarhus

The Sculpture by the Sea is an Australian concept that has now been exported to DK with a huge success!
The three biannual exhibitions along the bay of Aarhus so far have been crowd magnets and enabled not least Australian artists an opportunity to exhibit for an audience they might otherwise not have encountered.
The number of people officially being estimated seeing the exhibitions have on all three occasions been around 600.000. Considering that the population of Aarhus is some 300.000 and there 5.6 million living in DK that's a pretty fair crowd!

As you know it was M&F who were behind bringing Sculpture by the Sea to DK.
Anyway, as with all concepts it's now time to evolve.

Planned to take place every three years, the concept of exhibiting art along the coast will still remain, but will now be supplemented with temporary exhibitions all over the city. (Oh yes, we know how to attract tourists :D) Called The Garden this exhibition will first be presented in 2017, when Aarhus becomes the European Art Capital of the Year. - And then every three years from then on.

I can almost guarantee a DRF presence. You'd have to tie QMII down with heavy chains to keep her away! But I personally expect M&F to be there as well, due to Frederik's close affiliation with Aarhus.

I can almost guarantee a DRF presence. You'd have to tie QMII down with heavy chains to keep her away! But I personally expect M&F to be there as well, due to Frederik's close affiliation with Aarhus.

And more importantly, due to F&M being patrons of Sculpture by the Sea.

Last edited:
Where is Daniel? Did he take the picture?

What a lovely photo! It's a.ways nice to get a group shot with the children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It is lovely, just like any group of young couples getting together with their children. Only these particular young couples will each one day be king or queen.(Or in the case of Guillaume and Stephanie Grand Duke and Grand Duchess!);)

Last edited:
Nice to think they are all such good friends

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

They look great. I wonder if there was a meeting last year.

I guess not. Otherwise they would have also published a photo as this year or 2013?

Large HQ picture from the Danish Royal Court:
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/gallerier/2015/september/besog-i-norge/besog-i-norge.img

What a lovely and relaxed picture!

Great to see the Crown Prince families obviously have a close relationship - they can understand each other like no other in this world can.

All the children are adorable, and man, I would love to had been a fly on the wall with the three bubbly and lively toddlers Vincent and Josephine and Estelle :wub:

(And looking at the picture; Well done Frederik and Mary, they have been productive :p More than half of the children in the picture are Frederik's and Mary's :D)

Last edited:
Large HQ picture from the Danish Royal Court:
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/gallerier/2015/september/besog-i-norge/besog-i-norge.img

What a lovely and relaxed picture!

Great to see the Crown Prince families obviously have a close relationship - they can understand each other like no other in this world can.

All the children are adorable, and man, I would love to had been a fly on the wall with the three bubbly and lively toddlers Vincent and Josephine and Estelle :wub:

(And looking at the picture; Well done Frederik and Mary, they have been productive :p More than half of the children in the picture are Frederik's and Mary's :D)

:D it's a danish takeover lol.
Very relax atmosphere that I'm sure the couples look forward to. No one like them to know the highs and lows of their positions.

Imagining the three Estelle Josephine and Vincent makes me lol.
And Ingrid , Sverre and Christian and Isabella are similar age so I'm sure they had fun as well.
Recently I saw a picture of a young Frederik pushing young Haakon on a sled. It was a cute photo and lovely to see the friendship had continued.

Now that I remember early this year when Frederik and Haakon did the event together about the underwater cable connecting the two countries , Haakon mentioned something about inviting Frederik and family to their cabin

Fred, Haakon, and Victoria are cousins, so that makes for a large extended family. Except for Guillaume and Stephanie, they are all related in one way or another. G & S are the only childless couple there. I'm sure Luxembourgers are expecting them to have a family. But their reasons are their own, so I hope they're not being pressured too much.

Fred, Haakon, and Victoria are cousins, so that makes for a large extended family. Except for Guillaume and Stephanie, they are all related in one way or another. G & S are the only childless couple there. I'm sure Luxembourgers are expecting them to have a family. But their reasons are their own, so I hope they're not being pressured too much.
Fred, Haakon and Victoria are not cousins. Fred's maternal grandmother and Victoria's paternal grandfather were siblings. Consequently Fred's mother and Victoria's father are cousins. The relationship between them and Haakon is even more distant.

Fred, Haakon and Victoria are not cousins. Fred's maternal grandmother and Victoria's paternal grandfather were siblings. Consequently Fred's mother and Victoria's father are cousins. The relationship between them and Haakon is even more distant.

They are second cousins, while their parents are first cousins.

I think I'll put this here: Et billede af kronprinssessen skaber hidsig debat: 'Nej, nej, nej, Mary' - Danmark | www.bt.dk

As you know there are always someone who can find some fault somewhere, if they look hard enough.

The picture of Mary cycling on a Nihola bike with her children on a late summers day on the way back from the kindergarten, has been spread all over the Net.
VisitCopenhagen, that promotes tourism to Copenhagen, have used it and so has Danish Cyclist Association (who IMO ought to change its name to Danish Two-wheeled Kamikaze Association).

But some do not approve of Josephine and Vincent not wearing helmets and because Mary rarely makes mistakes BT has written an article about this.

It's far from all who wish the twins had used helmets who "har ondt i røven = (something like) Whose butt hurts", most seem genuinely concerned.
Like this example: "Well, do remember those tumble-bonnets (slang for helmets), accidents can also occur on short trips".

Some are more sensible and inquire: "Wonder if they forgot the helmets"?

Some are more horrified: "No, no, no, Mary".

They are being countered by remarks like: "Oh, shut up about those mindless bicycle-helmet comments, it's almost religious... STOP".

Another comments: "We have the most cool Crown Princess in the world and I'm sure there are more dangerous things than cycling with your children in the middle of Copenhagen, surrounded by security, so cool it".

Klaus Bondam, chairman of the Cyclist Association comments: "I've shared the picture (on their site) because I think it's a good picture of a cycling rolemodel whom we all know who is. The fact that we have a Crown Princess who cycle in, for her, ordinary clothes in order to pick up her children, is an image of how we move around town. 30 % of families in Copenhagen with two children or more use the cargo-bike as their primary mode of transportation. In that wat they fit the image incredibly well".

As to what he thinks about helmets not being used: "It's a personal choice whether to us helmets. They have made a choice in the royal family and I will not be the judge of that.
I'm confident that should the accident happen, there are enough people around to take care of them".

----
Well, we are very fortunate here in DK that the issues we have with our Crown Princess are at this level.
And in all fairness I don't recall having seen M&F transport their children without helmets very often. - So I lean towards they simply were dropped off by car that morning and Mary plain forgot to bring the helmets when she went for her children. - That happens. The alternative would be to walk the twins back to Amalienborg or to call a car. - For a few hundred meters, most of being on a very quiet street.

So, should she have ensured her children wore helmets IMO? Yes, when possible, because accidents do happen and more importantly it's a good habit to install in children. (Fortunately and in contrast to adults, most children on bikes now do use helmets, mainly because the helmets look cool nowadays).
However, how many times have I been out biking with my own children, without them wearing a helmet? Too often for me to point my finger at Mary, that's for sure!

Anyway, as all parents know, once you have a child somehow, at some point, no matter what you do, that child will manage to hurt itself. That's life and it's the only way to teach them that some things are dangerous.

Thanks Muhler! We've seen that Fred & Mary are cautious about helmets when going on a bike tour with the kids, they all wear helmets.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wdef8AZDeI0/VafkYzaG-VI/AAAAAAAAt6M/yU2A5xuVBJw/s595/Princess-Mary-1.jpg

I think the adults can decide for themselves anyway since there is no law to wear a helmet. In Germany most kids wear helmets but most adults of my generation, who never used them, still don't.

I work for a dutch company and my boss is dutch, they almost never wear helmets, children or adults, my boss told me a story from his vacation, he went to a camping area in Holland with lots of families & children and one day all children went on a bike tour and out of 42 children one boy wore a helmet and he was german :)

Oh, I don't wear helmet myself...

Yes it's typically BT. First the 'scandal' about Queen Margrethe smoking cigarettes near her grandchildren, and now this. I'm getting so tired.

Reading the comments from the Danes I dare to go as far to say that 99,5% are "Oh my God, how stupid an article it is. We have the world's most cool and down-to-earth Crown Princess who go take the bike and picks up her children from kindergarten instead of a nanny. Well done, Mary"

It's almost embarrassing for BT :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/ditbt/posts/1221828231177726

Last edited:
Well, we are very fortunate here in DK that the issues we have with our Crown Princess are at this level.
And in all fairness I don't recall having seen M&F transport their children without helmets very often. - So I lean towards they simply were dropped off by car that morning and Mary plain forgot to bring the helmets when she went for her children. - That happens. The alternative would be to walk the twins back to Amalienborg or to call a car. - For a few hundred meters, most of being on a very quiet street.

So, should she have ensured her children wore helmets IMO? Yes, when possible, because accidents do happen and more importantly it's a good habit to install in children. (Fortunately and in contrast to adults, most children on bikes now do use helmets, mainly because the helmets look cool nowadays).
However, how many times have I been out biking with my own children, without them wearing a helmet? Too often for me to point my finger at Mary, that's for sure!

Anyway, as all parents know, once you have a child somehow, at some point, no matter what you do, that child will manage to hurt itself. That's life and it's the only way to teach them that some things are dangerous.

Agree.
We often see them with helmets, that i think it was just a case of either forgetting or the helmets being somewhere else.
http://resources2.news.com.au/image...5402-4801af52-244f-11e5-9034-065db1ff92dd.jpg
Here we see Frederik and Mary going back home and you can see the helmets inside the basket, (although they forgot the kids lol ;))
http://24.media.tumblr.com/9d969087a49f0bb03f25b5cc857c8612/tumblr_moccnjYq4h1rsedfco5_1280.jpg

Josephine has learned that horses are dangerous but I dont think that is a "danger" she is going to quit on ;)

Thanks Muhler! We've seen that Fred & Mary are cautious about helmets when going on a bike tour with the kids, they all wear helmets.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wdef8AZDeI0/VafkYzaG-VI/AAAAAAAAt6M/yU2A5xuVBJw/s595/Princess-Mary-1.jpg

I think the adults can decide for themselves anyway since there is no law to wear a helmet. In Germany most kids wear helmets but most adults of my generation, who never used them, still don't.

I work for a dutch company and my boss is dutch, they almost never wear helmets, children or adults, my boss told me a story from his vacation, he went to a camping area in Holland with lots of families & children and one day all children went on a bike tour and out of 42 children one boy wore a helmet and he was german :)

this reminded me of the picture of the Dutch royal couple with their kids
http://www.ski-epic.com/amsterdam_b...ce_willem-alexander_and_family_on_bicycle.jpg :flowers:

oh these "scandalous" Danes. You guys dont really give the press much to work with lol.
Although in other places, people were making a fuss because Mary was riding the bike with a leather skirt on :whistling::ROFLMAO:

The new Her&Nu tells that Mary's father John Donaldson and Susan last week were in Denmark and enjoyed the week at home with Frederik, Mary and children. Here they among other things enjoyed to celebrate Mary's father's 74th birthday together :)

F&M had not many officiel events last week, so they may have had good time to enjoy the visit of John and Susan.

Sometimes I really wish someone would :beamup:

Helmetgate continues in BT. Lots of hits... Rådet for Sikker Trafik: Vi hidser os ikke op over Marys manglende hjelm - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Now BT has asked the manger for Council for Safe Traffic, Mogens Kjærgaard Møller, for a comment: "I can't get worked up that you don't do it (wear a helmet). We live in a free country where it is up to the individual whether you want to use a bicycle helmet. But we recommend that all wear bicycle helmets - also the royals - because we know it has an effect (*)".

The Cyclist Association (whose members should be kept in a leash by a guide dog, because the majority tend to blind and deaf, when mounting their bikes!) has more to say, sort of: "If you stand on the street (**) and look at the millions of cyclists, some wear helmets, while others don't. In the Cyclist Association we recommend that you use a helmet, but we also think it's really good that you display a sustainable lifestyle, when you mount a bike.
We are against making it mandatory by law, because surveys show that if the helmet is made mandatory, then less will cycle".

BT even had a survey.

Should/ought Mary wear a helmet? - 44% say yes.
20 % say no.
36 % say that at least the children should wear helmets.

But it's a nice big pic of Mary, eh? http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/646/10/10646667-mary.jpg

(*) Not necessarily. If a cyclist lands on his head, he is unlikely to suffer a brain-damage. Whereas if he lands on his behind... - Sorry, bad Muhler. :p

(**) You'd likely be run over by a foaming cyclist within five nanoseconds! - Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Last edited:
The new Her&Nu tells that Mary's father John Donaldson and Susan last week were in Denmark and enjoyed the week at home with Frederik, Mary and children. Here they among other things enjoyed to celebrate Mary's father's 74th birthday together :)

F&M had not many officiel events last week, so they may have had good time to enjoy the visit of John and Susan.

that is nice to read. Im sure Mary, the kids and Frederik enjoy having JOhn and Susan around for a few days. :flowers:

On Saturday, September 26th, is it Lidingöloppet outside Stockholm. Lidingöloppet is the last competition in "The Sweden Classics", that Crown Prince Frederik has taken part of all during this year.

We'll see if we get a confirmation of his participation later on?

On Saturday, September 26th, is it Lidingöloppet outside Stockholm. Lidingöloppet is the last competition in "The Sweden Classics", that Crown Prince Frederik has taken part of all other parts during this year.

We'll see if we get a confirmation of his participation later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom