General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent is such a cutie, a remarkable kid for his age, he's totally at ease with himself, in a good mood, calm, friendly and relaxed while his twin sister is quite the opposite, she often looks upset or cranky.
When I first saw photos of Josephine at the event I thought she's too young to take her there but Vince seems to have handled it well.

Vincent certainly leaves the impression on me of being a mild mannered gentle child - even though he no doubt can have his moments too!

Vincent is such a cutie, a remarkable kid for his age, he's totally at ease with himself, in a good mood, calm, friendly and relaxed while his twin sister is quite the opposite, she often looks upset or cranky.
When I first saw photos of Josephine at the event I thought she's too young to take her there but Vince seems to have handled it well.

She seems very high spirited to me...much like Isabella when she was younger. Isabella appears to have "calmed down" at this point and I would bet Josephine will as well.:flowers:

General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 -

This is actually not a children's book fair but it does have a children's book section, which Mary and the kids visitited. Christian was somewhere else.

It was referred to as a book fair on the previous posts before mine which is why I called it that.
Do you mean that Christian was somewhere else at the event or somewhere else altogether? If you mean the event, I haven't seen any photos of him there.

Last edited:
:previous: It is a book fair. Just not a children's book fair. As Nordic said, Mary and the children visited the children's section of the fair but that's just a small part of it. Christian wasn't there. Probably off playing football or something.

These are some lovely pictures.
Vincent playing with Josephine's headband :flowers:

This is a lovely picture of the two sisters
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2015/PPE15110731.jpg

Josephine is a sweetheart, with her many facial expressions.
this one with her mom is beautiful
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2015/PPE15110733.jpg

Unannounced Mary was seen with her children at a book fair in Copenhagen: Mary overraskede på bogmesse: Pludselig gik hun rundt med børnene - Royale | www.bt.dk

A gallery: Se billederne: Her tager Mary børnene med til bogforum - Royale | www.bt.dk

Mary, and her children, were also lending a hand to Carina Axelsson, who has written several books, both crime novels and novels for children.
She was present at the fair to promote her books.

With Mary and her children went Ellen Hillingsøe, who apparently supported Carina Axelsson (It's not that this BT article is particularly well-written!!) and her eleven year old daughter, Ellen.

Ellen Hillingsøe conducted an interview with Carina about her latest book, while Mary and her children and other visitors at the fair listened.
That is, Bella, listened attentively. Buuut, Josephine and Vincent being four years old, such an interview is a little bit boring.
Vincent, who sat on Mary's lap was wriggling a bit at some point.
And Josephine who sat on the lap of Ellen Hillingsøe's daughter also had a few problems sitting still. It helped roaming through the content of mother's bag though.

But it's very clear that Mary's children are very familiar with Carina Axelsson, because during the interview Bella and Josephine exchanged smiles and little waves with Carina.

When the interview ended Ellen Hillingsøe announced it was time for those who wished for their books to be signed by Carina to come forward, Bella's hand went up in the air instantly.

Bella and her two younger siblings mingled with people standing around the booth with Carina Axelsson and when it was time to leave, Mary had to call an extra time for Vincent: "We are going to the children's area now".

Christian was not present.

Carina Axelsson has written IIRC three crime novels about a sixteen year old girl, a model I think, who solves various mysteries within the fashion world.

Comments to the gallery:
I see Ellen Hillingsøe's daughter is not included in the gallery, even though she sat with Josephine. Probably a consideration from BT, since she's a child and very strictly speaking they would require a permission from Ellen Hillingsøe for showing a close-up at least.
Pic #2: To help pass the time, Vincent was playing with one of mother Mary's hair-clams I think they are called.
Pic #3: Bella and Ellen Hillingsøe.
Pic #4, I guess it's Ellen Hillingsøe's daughter who is playing with Josephine's hair. Her face is cropped out. Correction, it's Bella.
Pic #5: Sweet. It looks like Bella is at the stage where a finger is most helpful when you read.
Pic #6: Booooring!

Im sure it also helps to play with your sister's headband and use it as "special" glasses lol;)
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/275/11/1152x-u/11275115-.jpg

In the picture of Isabella reading she looks so much like Frederik.

Loving family outing and nice to show support to Carina

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we had this video:
https://www.facebook.com/billedbladet/videos/vb.340406532927/10153419588732928/?type=2&theater

One thing I wondeed about (perhaps most directed to the Danish members) I can see the video is made of BB's photographer Jesper Sunesen, but all the pictures in this week's Billedbladet (6 pages) are pictures taken by BT's photographer Keld Navntoft. Wonder about if BB's camera failed that day? In that case, a nightmare for Billedbladet at a top-event like this :p

Josephine looks like such a cheerful, funny and lively little girl. She reminds me so much about her older sister Bella at that age. The girls are the outgoing spontaneous little ones, while Vincent reminds me so much about older brother Christian. The more quiet, mild boys with gentle laidback souls. But don't be fooled, both Christian and Vincent certainly know and tell what they want and what they don't want :D A delightful and very confident foursome who always is a pleasure to watch :wub:

Last edited:
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 14: September 2015 -

:previous: It is a book fair. Just not a children's book fair. As Nordic said, Mary and the children visited the children's section of the fair but that's just a small part of it. Christian wasn't there. Probably off playing football or something.

I never said that it wasn't a book fair or that it was a children's book fair in my original post.
I'm not going to discuss this anymore because I don't want this to turn "bigger" (if that makes sense) as I don't feel up to debates at the moment as I'm still going through a very rough time.

The Danish kids are delightful, as always. Isabella is starting to look more grown up and tall. She's still a copy of Frederik, IMO.

It's actually quite extraordinary that Mary isn't criticized for openly supporting her "in-law" Carina Axrelsson by being so visibly present at this promo for her new novel. By being present at the front row, she's promoting the sale of a friend's book, if you look at it objectively... Now I'm not saying she can't do this, I'm enjoying these photos as much as the rest of you... To me it shows somehow how respectful the Danish media (still) is of their royals. In other monarchies (think: Britain, Belgium, Spain) a crown princess would certainly have been dragged through the mud for this.

Nice for DK that this is still possible! :flowers:

Yes, she spoke about it in an interview a few years back.

According to that it's my impression that she is reading books, novels, at a considerable level.
We are by no means talking about Bill & Ben westerns or love-stories about doctor meets patients and such.

She also reads the newspaper Politiken, which must be considered a paper for Copenhageners and for the cultured segment with at least some academic background. Its also aimed at the cafe latte people and for those whose political stance is center-right.

LOL; what are caffe latte people? Fashionable hipsters? :lol:

Thanks for your response, Muhler. I by no means think reading thrillers or graphic novels, for instance, is worth less than reading Proust or Joyce... It's a matter of taste! I was just wondering if anything was known about Mary's taste in books.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually quite extraordinary that Mary isn't criticized for openly supporting her "in-law" Carina Axrelsson by being so visibly present at this promo for her new novel. By being present at the front row, she's promoting the sale of a friend's book, if you look at it objectively... Now I'm not saying she can't do this, I'm enjoying these photos as much as the rest of you... To me it shows somehow how respectful the Danish media (still) is of their royals. In other monarchies (think: Britain, Belgium, Spain) a crown princess would certainly have been dragged through the mud for this.

Nice for DK that this is still possible! :flowers:

LOL; what are caffe latte people? Fashionable hipsters? :lol:

Thanks for your response, Muhler. I by no means think reading thrillers or graphic novels, for instance, is worth less than reading Proust or Joyce... It's a matter of taste! I was just wondering if anything was known about Mary's taste in books.

It is. However, it's nothing unusual within the DRF. The DRF members promote... eeh, attends events when friends are starting or selling things all the time.
I guess it's accepted because the DRF is used so very much to promote Danish commerce - and because their personal integrity is not in doubt.

Caffe latte people. - :p Well, a caffe latte person has often studied (but necessarily completed) humaniora at the university.
They are very much city dwellers.
They like to eat grass at insane prices at hip restaurants, because the other at the local cafe have been eating there.
They like to decorate their homes with discarded rubbish, - which we Jutlanders have sold them while trying desperately not to break down laughing.
They often frequent museums and galleries looking intrigued but knowingly at the various items, never admitting that they like the rest of us can figure out what on earth this is about.
Every caffe latte person believes religiously in their very own bland of herbs, holistic healing, seven stars, crystals or pyramids. Which they can spend hours talk past each other about.
They congregate with other caffe latte people at local cafes where they compete with each other about being the most pioneering trendsetter - and indeed many of them are... Setting a new trend that is completely unique in the known universe...

Come summer the wealthier ones migrate to the town of Skagen in Northern Jutland to the endless amusement of the locals. Here they move around in droves while soaking in the rural atmosphere - while being flayed at the local restaurants. :D

So whether the caffe latte people are synonymous with hipsters that I'll leave to others to decide. ;)

- As for books, well I have seen living rooms with shelve after shelve filled with books by philosophers - complete with a thin layer of dust. - While the Donald Duck magazines out in the bathroom are barely holding together. But it's probably due to the many visiting children I'm sure...:p

Haha thanks Muhler, your posts always make me smile!! :flowers: I'd even say these are "skinny latte" people and some of Fred & Mary's friends sure come to mind when I read your description!

Muhler - your description of caffe latte folks is nothing less than brilliant. So fun!

Last edited:
Thank you, Marye & Hannelore :)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2015.
Written by the literary Ulrik Ulriksen.

As you know Mary went with three of her children to a book fair at the Bella Center in Copenhagen. With them went also Ellen Hillingsø's daughter, Anna. Here they went to the scene where Carina Axelsson presented her latest book.
Surrounded by a considerable crowd the whole party sat down to listen to Ellen Hillingsø interview Carina Axelsson about her books. (I suspect it took place in English-Danish). Mary sat with Vincent on her lap, while Anna Hillingsø sat with Josephine on her lap. Bella planted herself between the two of them.
Now while Bella sat and listened to the interview, it soon became a little too boring for two lively twins! They took turns sitting with mother or on the floor.
That is when they weren't busy teasing mother. There is a photo of Mary taking a picture of Carina and Ellen with her mobile, but Vincent, the little rascal, holds up his hand in front of the lens.

At some point Carina Axelsson told the audience that she is inspired by both Agatha Christie and Scooby Doo: "I'm actually crazy about the Scooby Doo cartoons". To which Ellen Hillingsø asked the crowd: "Everyone who likes Scooby Doo, hands up". The royal hands went up!

After the show was over it was time for signing books. The royal children also went up to the stage to hug Ellen Hillingsø and Carina. That the children are very fond of Ellen, is evident from photos in the article.

Then it was time to head off to the area with children's books. Here they met the author of a number of very popular children's books, Jakob Martin Strid - some of which are know to be read aloud in the M&F home. Here the author signed a couple of books for them, before the children were handed a few books to read and look at, along with a little water.
In the meantime Mary secured herself a stack of books. - Probably a good idea if you like the DRF have several homes, not to mention four children who can easily fight over the same book at the same time!

The whole outing lasted a couple of hours.

You can see for yourselves inhere: https://app.box.com/s/lmcldohj78x63puny585vjartmml8302

Now a little plea:
You are free to download if you want, but do not hotlink. I.e. no copying of these links to other sites.
If you want to show the scans elsewhere, please download and upload from your own account.
Otherwise I will block the link.

I do not have the copyrights, so if you want to credit someone, credit BB.

Last edited:
:previous:its been a very cute days of seeing the F&M foursome :flowers:
and i just like the Daily Mail's sentence "Prince Frederik and Prince Christian were nowhere to be seen"
just a quick glance at the calendar would let them know that Frederik was attending the Trilateral Commission conference
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTNqjxjVAAEsSJ7.jpg ;)

Thank you, everyone, for the great pictures of the book fair outing, (and special thanks to Muhler for the BB file). The kids look like they had a great time!

Vincent holding his hand up in front of Mary's camera is priceless :ROFLMAO::p

I never said that it wasn't a book fair or that it was a children's book fair in my original post.
I'm not going to discuss this anymore because I don't want this to turn "bigger" (if that makes sense) as I don't feel up to debates at the moment as I'm still going through a very rough time.

You wrote that it seemed to be aimed at younger children; Nordic replied that the children's section is only a part of the fair; you then write, "It was referred to as a book fair on the previous posts before mine which is why I called it that"; and I proceeded to merely confirm that you were right, that it was, indeed, a book fair. Neither of us tried to start an argument with you :flowers:

i found this interesting post in a blog of an 'image strategy' of the court to improve mary's image back in 2007:

Even though she'd been hugely popular ever since she was discovered by the Danish press, crown princess Mary also had the image of being mainly interested in horses, luxury and designer clothes. On top of that the thorough renovation of Frederik and Mary's palace at Amalienborg had a very high cost.

A crown princess needs a different image so court contacted a few tabloids and let them know they'd be able to make interesting photos at a certain moment, on a certain spot.

They saw Mary coming out of a private enterance of Kancellihuset carrying a barely filled garbage bag. Danish and international magazines all published this image with about the same comments: "the other side of a princess's life" ... "Mary's not too grand to take the trash out" etc.

Mary from the start: Solving an image problem

Royal Lovestory Frederik & Mary von Dänemark Teil 3 - Dailymotion-Video

i found this interesting post in a blog of an 'image strategy' of the court to improve mary's image back in 2007:

Mary from the start: Solving an image problem

Royal Lovestory Frederik & Mary von Dänemark Teil 3 - Dailymotion-Video

Mary using her experience in marketing?
Oh, yes. That's very evident. Especially in regards to communication.

Mary is very good at getting a message across and she uses all the tricks of the trade when she is being interviewed about something or talking about something on a video.

If a photographer was alerted in regards to snapping Mary taking out the trash I don't know. It doesn't sound implausible, but when M&F lived at Kancellihuset, especially during summer, there were constantly photographers hanging around. - It's a neat little trick though. :lol:

If a photographer was alerted in regards to snapping Mary taking out the trash I don't know. It doesn't sound implausible, but when M&F lived at Kancellihuset, especially during summer, there were constantly photographers hanging around. - It's a neat little trick though. :lol:
I always thought that this story does not sound very plausible because if you want to manipulate the media you don't do it in such an obvious and crude way, especially if you have a background in marketing.
No, it's not a neat little trick because it's transparent and it can backfire (e.g. Mary-haters like carlota will not hesitate to bring it up again years later, claiming they just "found" it :D).

Btw Count Alexander von Schönburg whose "testimony" is mentioned works for "Bild-Zeitung" and this paper has a reputation for inventing or embroidering stories.

Last edited:
The photo of Mary taking the trash out, it isa very old photo and I believe it was even before she married Fred!

Mary using her experience in marketing?
Oh, yes. That's very evident. Especially in regards to communication.

Mary is very good at getting a message across and she uses all the tricks of the trade when she is being interviewed about something or talking about something on a video.

i am not sure where you read that mulher. the article does not mention mary used her experience in marketing? maybe the video does?

No, it's not a neat little trick because it's transparent and it can backfire (e.g. Mary-haters like carlota will not hesitate to bring it up again years later, claiming they just "found" it :D).

funnily enough, i did just find it - and for you to confirm that yourself, since you seem to keep good track of me, open the blog post and you will see they just published that photo 1 day ago in their blog! so, in any case, they did just find it, and they are not those 'mary haters', like me, as you suggest (and no, i am no mary hater. you can go fight those off in other forums if you wish). i suggest you refrain from assuming things and accusing other people without any knowledge. there's other forums where your negative attitude is welcome, not here, dear ricarda. :flowers:

The photo of Mary taking the trash out, it isa very old photo and I believe it was even before she married Fred!

no ashelen. ziggy was given to the couple after they married.

Last edited:
i am not sure where you read that mulher. the article does not mention mary used her experience in marketing? maybe the video does?

I didn't. That's my opinion based on observations over the years.

Mary does utilize her experience in marketing in her job as Crown Princess. Especially in regards to communication, not least verbal communication.
There are many examples of that and I have personally mentioned that quite a number of times here on TRF.

i suggest you refrain from assuming things and accusing other people without any knowledge. there's other forums where your negative attitude is welcome, not here, dear ricarda. :flowers:
I am here long enough to have been able to form an opinion about you. And please tell me more about those other forums with negative attitudes. You seem to know them well, dear carlota. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom