The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 713
[QUOTE}Muhler, I don't know what cyclists are like where you live in Denmark, but when I was biking in Copenhagen this summer I was AMAZED at how polite the cyclists were They stopped at stoplights, they indicated left or right turns and were extremely helpful to this tourist who often lost her way in the maze of Copenhagen streets! Do please know how lucky you are in Denmark with such cyclists; things in Amsterdam, where I also cycle, are like the wild West in comparison Regarding the helmet issue, I do wear one in Toronto but only because the drivers are so very preoccupied with their own lives and cellphones, often forgetting to watch where they are going so that cycling is a real health risk at times[/QUOTE]
__________________

  #42  
Old 09-26-2015, 01:53 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 9,284
Crown Princess Mary works with over 25 charities and organisations | Daily Mail Online

An article about Mary in Daily Mail.
It's actually more a veiled attack on Catherine. - Whether that is fair or not is outside the topic of this thread, but the pics of Mary are nice.


I'm glad you had a good experience in Copenhagen, Gerry
Cyclists out here in the countryside actually tend to be careful, simply out of necessity due to dark roads most of the year. - It's the odd intoxicated moped that can be a concern, transporting it's occupant on an not always predictable course towards the nearest supermarket for liquid supplies.
But come weekends... With herds of maniac exercise cyclists roaming the roads, wearing too tight outfits for their stature, completely oblivious to anything else, because they all believe they are taking part in Tour de France. - At such times you really find the bad guys hunting the odd movie hero with a combine-harvester quite likable.
__________________

  #43  
Old 09-26-2015, 04:47 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,153


The Daily Mail cites our thread on Mary's patronages and charities (here) as their source for her list of charities halfway down the article, and links to that thread as a "Read More" at the bottom of the article.

Glad to see my thread titles are deemed adequate enough for a copy paste job!
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
  #44  
Old 09-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post


The Daily Mail cites our thread on Mary's patronages and charities (here) as their source for her list of charities halfway down the article, and links to that thread as a "Read More" at the bottom of the article.

Glad to see my thread titles are deemed adequate enough for a copy paste job!
Congratulations JessRulz!!! Well the DM has found TRF. Will they be back to find more facts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Crown Princess Mary works with over 25 charities and organisations | Daily Mail Online

An article about Mary in Daily Mail.
It's actually more a veiled attack on Catherine. - Whether that is fair or not is outside the topic of this thread, but the pics of Mary are nice.


I'm glad you had a good experience in Copenhagen, Gerry
Cyclists out here in the countryside actually tend to be careful, simply out of necessity due to dark roads most of the year. - It's the odd intoxicated moped that can be a concern, transporting it's occupant on an not always predictable course towards the nearest supermarket for liquid supplies.
But come weekends... With herds of maniac exercise cyclists roaming the roads, wearing too tight outfits for their stature, completely oblivious to anything else, because they all believe they are taking part in Tour de France. - At such times you really find the bad guys hunting the odd movie hero with a combine-harvester quite likable.
Odd that the DM has ignored the UK's Duchess of Cornwall in this article who like CP Mary is the patron of several organizations. After all Camilla is the wife of the heir-to-the-throne. Kate is his daughter-in-law.
  #45  
Old 09-26-2015, 12:25 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post


The Daily Mail cites our thread on Mary's patronages and charities (here) as their source for her list of charities halfway down the article, and links to that thread as a "Read More" at the bottom of the article.

Glad to see my thread titles are deemed adequate enough for a copy paste job!
It is great that she has so many charities but I am sure she has a lot of aids helping her with this, she is not doing it alone, now and then she gets all nice dress up and pay a nice visit that promote the charity . I think a lot of times she is like an honorary member that give the charity publicity , so that way with her precense help the charity! and of course it is great any way she does it!
__________________
Ashelen
  #46  
Old 09-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Odd that the DM has ignored the UK's Duchess of Cornwall in this article who like CP Mary is the patron of several organizations. After all Camilla is the wife of the heir-to-the-throne. Kate is his daughter-in-law.
Yes, if comparisons must be made its the Duchess of Cornwall who is Mary's counterpart in Britain. Both in position and years married.
  #47  
Old 09-26-2015, 01:26 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
It is great that she has so many charities but I am sure she has a lot of aids helping her with this, she is not doing it alone, now and then she gets all nice dress up and pay a nice visit that promote the charity . I think a lot of times she is like an honorary member that give the charity publicity , so that way with her precense help the charity! and of course it is great any way she does it!
She does have a lot of help, as do all royals.
But Mary does more than just show up, she attends many behind the scenes meetings, that we often hear about after the fact or when a photo or an article pops up, if anything at all.
Mary seems very involved in what she does.
And the people seem to really make a connection with her
(Same applies to Frederik imo)
  #48  
Old 09-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
It is great that she has so many charities but I am sure she has a lot of aids helping her with this, she is not doing it alone,
Lots of aids? There's the Chief of Court and Mary has a secretary.
  #49  
Old 09-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Yes, if comparisons must be made its the Duchess of Cornwall who is Mary's counterpart in Britain. Both in position and years married.
According to the Prince of Wales' website Camilla is patron of 87 organizations and charities. She also regularly does additional charity work and visits, both public and private.

Which obviously doesn't take away from any of the good work CP Mary has done and continues to do, since it's not a competition.
  #50  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,168
Thank you Camelot for sharing this information. I was surprised to read how many patronages/charities that both Mary and Camilla have in common in their respective nations.
  #51  
Old 09-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: little rock, Antarctica
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
According to the Prince of Wales' website Camilla is patron of 87 organizations and charities. She also regularly does additional charity work and visits, both public and private.

Which obviously doesn't take away from any of the good work CP Mary has done and continues to do, since it's not a competition.

Not mentioned though is that Mary also has four young children to care for that should also be noted. Please this is not against Camilla she does a excellent job and I like her a lot and she is one of the few royals that I really take an interest in.
  #52  
Old 09-27-2015, 01:08 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Lots of aids? There's the Chief of Court and Mary has a secretary.
I mean all this charitites she has people working for it,also
__________________
Ashelen
  #53  
Old 09-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I mean all this charitites she has people working for it,also
I am sorry, but I still don't understand.
Which people do you mean and what do they do?
  #54  
Old 09-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
Not mentioned though is that Mary also has four young children to care for that should also be noted. Please this is not against Camilla she does a excellent job and I like her a lot and she is one of the few royals that I really take an interest in.
I think part of this is because Camilla has always tried to play the part of supporting wife to Charles rather than do lots of her own, individual, engagements.
  #55  
Old 09-27-2015, 02:22 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I am sorry, but I still don't understand.
Which people do you mean and what do they do?
What I mean is that each charity has employees working for it, Like her ex lady in waiting ,Carolina, now she in working in one of her charities, so I imagine She probably is of course involve and give directions but each charity has employees that work for it.
__________________
Ashelen
  #56  
Old 09-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
What I mean is that each charity has employees working for it, Like her ex lady in waiting ,Carolina, now she in working in one of her charities, so I imagine She probably is of course involve and give directions but each charity has employees that work for it.
Ok....Thanks. I think I understand a bit better now. I thought you meant people employed by Mary working in the "charities".

Yes, of course, all her patronages (if you mean them) have employees and/or volunteers. Mary has only one "charity", the Mary Foundation, which also has employees. Caroline Heering did work for the 'Mary Foundation' for some years but stopped working for it a couple of years ago. Since then, Caroline is only a member of the board.
  #57  
Old 09-27-2015, 03:18 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Ok....Thanks. I think I understand a bit better now. I thought you meant people employed by Mary working in the "charities".

Yes, of course, all her patronages (if you mean them) have employees and/or volunteers. Mary has only one "charity", the Mary Foundation, which also has employees. Caroline Heering did work for the 'Mary Foundation' for some years but stopped working for it a couple of years ago. Since then, Caroline is only a member of the board.
I t would be impossible for any person to take care of 25 charities by themselves, so like you said , some people volunteer and another have a job there , a team work, of course she takes care but not all by herself, she probably direct a lot!
__________________
Ashelen
  #58  
Old 09-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,368
She is only a supporter of these charities isn't she? I believe the only one she is personally involved in is the Mary Foundation, the others are charities/organisations that existed before her involvement that she has agreed to be a public supporter of.
  #59  
Old 09-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I t would be impossible for any person to take care of 25 charities by themselves, so like you said , some people volunteer and another have a job there , a team work, of course she takes care but not all by herself, she probably direct a lot!
Of course. I don't think anyone said these were Mary's own creations and works at them herself alone.
All royals agree to be patron of some organizations.

Mary created the Mary Foundation but she is also involved in many. We have seen that she puts alot of effort in her work and adds personal involvement. I would say she does alot more than just show up.
We can see the people are highly satisfied with their crown princess
  #60  
Old 09-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 9,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
She is only a supporter of these charities isn't she? I believe the only one she is personally involved in is the Mary Foundation, the others are charities/organisations that existed before her involvement that she has agreed to be a public supporter of.
Mary and the other members of the DRF are involved in their protections to whatever extent they want.
That is that they are briefed about what is going on, they meet with representatives of the organizations, get to know them and also meet unofficially with persons these organizations deal with.
Then they discuss how and when to represent/promote/put focus on the protections. So I'd say most happens behind the scenes.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015 iceflower Current Events Archive 396 09-01-2015 04:48 PM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday child coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge far-right fashion poll infanta elena fashion jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week december prince charles prince joachim prince liam prince oscar princess charlene hats princess marie princess marie daytime outfit princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen anne-marie queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia sally bedell smith september 2016 state visit succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara tiaras valentino


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises