General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha :lol:

Or when your hands are so cracked by frost and the wind that you can peel carrots with them :lol:

The hands are the worst yes. But we Danes bikes around in all weathers. Rain, snow and wind. Not that we like it, but we do it :p I cycle to and from work every day and as Frederik and Mary to and from kindergarten with my two youngest ones.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1SpWLi2fP...yUm8oxz5IEM/s1600/Cykling_i_snevejr.ashx.jpeg
Here is a typical picture from those days where we get up in the morning, look out the window and think "Why on earth isn't I are living in a warmer country?" And yes, you Polyesco as a Southern California girl would probably have a hard time at your first biking around in snow, but it becomes a habit. Just as it has become an everyday thing for Mary who also comes from warmer climates.

But you know what, in return there's nothing better than coming home after the bike ride home from work. Into the warm house, candles and fire in the fireplace.

my face when i saw that pic :eek: lol
you guys would seriously laugh out loud if you saw how bundle up i am just to walk from my house to my car :D

But i can imagine how nice it must be to be able to bike everywhere.
and once again, love that Frederik and Mary go about with no issue. :flowers:

Haha :lol:

Or when your hands are so cracked by frost and the wind that you can peel carrots with them :lol:

The hands are the worst yes. But we Danes bikes around in all weathers. Rain, snow and wind. Not that we like it, but we do it :p I cycle to and from work every day and as Frederik and Mary to and from kindergarten with my two youngest ones.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1SpWLi2fP...yUm8oxz5IEM/s1600/Cykling_i_snevejr.ashx.jpeg
Here is a typical picture from those days where we get up in the morning, look out the window and think "Why on earth isn't I are living in a warmer country?" And yes, you Polyesco as a Southern California girl would probably have a hard time at your first biking around in snow, but it becomes a habit. Just as it has become an everyday thing for Mary who also comes from warmer climates.

But you know what, in return there's nothing better than coming home after the bike ride home from work. Into the warm house, candles and fire in the fireplace.
:cool:Now that is me if I had that weather and had to ride my bike to the store, I so love this type of weather, it makes my heart sing and jump for gleeee, do not give me heat and humid weather at all. When it snows here, wondering when, and there is a snow storm, you bet I am out walking in it, making snow angels any place I can find a patch of ground and looking to the heavens to feel the snow on my face, darn you are so lucky to have that and I so wish I could be there to enjoy it.
And I so love your QM for she seems like a really cool lady who does her own thing and the heck with the rest of the world.:flowers:

:previous: It get's pretty cold where you live, :snowman: so a bicycle ride in DK probably wouldn't scare you. :)
But I've met Canadians here in DK who thought it was too cold for them. Admittedly that was during an ice-winter. - Coastal climate, the cold is wet in goes into your bones.

Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 -

Wow! I think it's safe to say that photo would never be mistaken for a summer or spring scene. Was it taken this year or a previous year?

I've heard that Denmark doesn't get as much snow and cold snaps as the other Scandinavian countries, but now after having seen that photo, it looks as if I'm incorrect.

In my country, we get a fair amount of snow and it had been snowing for at least four years in a row up until last year. I've never grown out of loving the snow, so I hope it snows this year. I'm off to a snowy country next week however, so I'll still manage to get my fair share. At the moment though, here in England there has been a lot of frost and it's already snowing in some parts of the country and Scotland. I live in one of the warmest parts of the country so it might be no snow for me this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

No surprise then it was a mountain out of a molehill.

We call New Idea "No Idea" in Australia. If you believed every headline, Mary and Frederick would have a dozen children, a few who would be twins, the Danish court hates her, Duchess of Cambridge is her best friend/worst enemy etc.

oh go ahead criticise your heart out...... we Australians are fully aware that trashy magazines like the New Idea have about 1% truth to the garbage they peddle as the truth.

Thats why they are struggling to survive so few people buy them anymore preferring sources that reflect a more realistic approach to content.

Only old biddies buy the mag now when they are gone the mag will dry up and disappear thank god!

my face when i saw that pic :eek: lol
you guys would seriously laugh out loud if you saw how bundle up i am just to walk from my house to my car :D

But i can imagine how nice it must be to be able to bike everywhere.
and once again, love that Frederik and Mary go about with no issue. :flowers:

Or that our children are sleeping out in the pram - all year round - also during the winter period. A typical Danish thing that foreigners from warmer climates really don't understand :D

http://ekstrabladet.dk/migration_catalog/article4638916.ece/image_alternates/p900/sne_1033352a.jpg

IIRC Frederik mentions it as well in an interview. How Mary's Australian family have been wondering when they have seen how all their four children as little has slept outside in their pram even through the snowy winter period.

It's not for nothing we Danes descended from the Vikings :p

Wow! I think it's safe to say that photo would never be mistaken for a summer or spring scene. Was it taken this year or a previous year?

I've heard that Denmark doesn't get as much snow and cold snaps as the other Scandinavian countries, but now after having seen that photo, it looks as if I'm incorrect.

In my country, we get a fair amount of snow and it had been snowing for at least four years in a row up until last year. I've never grown out of loving the snow, so I hope it snows this year. I'm off to a snowy country next week however, so I'll still manage to get my fair share. At the moment though, here in England there has been a lot of frost and it's already snowing in some parts of the country and Scotland. I live in one of the warmest parts of the country so it might be no snow for me this year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

No, you are right. We usually don't get that much snow. Coastal climate. The sea heats up the air, especially when the wind is from west. And the wind is usually from west. But when it changes to north or east, that's when we get snow!
But in comparison to the rest of Scandinavia our winters are milder. However, the wind can be more biting and the snow is more wet due to the coastal climate.
I've felt perfectly comfortable in Sweden in minus 20 degrees C, while freezing my butt off in DK in minus 5 C.

Ready for a cute picture of Bella with her two friends? :flowers:

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net...=8022732d9f8e3bde271eed16cbf5eadc&oe=55019909

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1426731490_2c5730ed098ec70404c7ca315f423798 (Mary with Vincent as well)

Mary, Bella and Vincent enjoyed a pleasant afternoon last Saturday and Bella had taken two friends with her. It's Palma Handwerk you see at the right side.

Isabella was as always in her wonderful mood when she Saturday afternoon arrived to the DR Ultra Gala show in Copenhagen. With a friend in each hand and mommy Mary and Vincent just behind her Bella led the way into the Tivoli hotel and the three girls in front laughed and took some dance step along the way.

Besides singing and dancing during the show Bella and Vincent could also see the film their mother and The Mary Foundation has made along with DR. (The film is posted in the Mary Foundation-thread)

Mary's 'Free of Bullying' is by the way integrated in both Christian and Bella's school as well as in Vincent and Josephine's kindergarten.

Last edited:
:previous:Too cute. Nice to see Isabella and Vincent. Im guessing Frederik stayed home with the other 2.

Great to see the kids out and about with friends.

Last edited:
I would like to advise our Australian members to be very beware of when the Australian gossip magazines now and then write something from a Danish media.

It seems like the Australian gossip magazine as 'New Idea' takes the slightest little phrase and blowing it up into something totally unrecognizable. And moreover add totally self-invented quotes. It's almost laughable. Is it really in a local news site? I hope not!

This book called 'Livvagten' is written by a former bodyguard of our former Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen. 99.9% of the book is about his time as a bodyguard for him. Less than 0.1% of other people. Including a few innocent phrases about working as a royal bodyguard for the Danish royals. Which has received only a few lines of coverage in a Danish gossip magazine some weeks ago. He tells quite simple (which is also described in the article) that the hardest part as a bodyguard is not to become friends with the people they protect. Because you quickly get protectiveness when you're bodyguard for people. But not the slightest friendship may occur, you will need to be quite cold. It's has happened a few times as a bodyguard for the different Danish royals.

Not to criticize your Australian gossip magazines, but they surely are inventive. It is incredible how something can 'become a story' on the way from Denmark until it reaches the other side of the world :lol:

So I thought only the magazines reported this story in Australia, and it had completely bypassed our breakfast and morning TV shows.

But, today a teaser was broadcast saying "the Royal scandal ... Princess Mary ... the bodyguard and the tell-all book that's left everyone asking - if something is rotten in the state of Denmark", with footage of F and M kissing, and M with her bodyguards.

Who will tune in tomorrow to find out the "answer" - which wil no doubt have the TV show clearing CP Mary's name/reputation after clouding it to gather a few extra weekend viewers.

And the faces of the bodyguards pixilated in the magazine photos, but not in the TV footage - (both from the most recent visit to Australia).

:previous: From the Australian visit? - They were almost exclusively Australian protection officers. Oh, good grief!
It's a relief that foreign press can be just as... mediocre... as our own.

:previous: From the Australian visit? - They were almost exclusively Australian protection officers. Oh, good grief!
It's a relief that foreign press can be just as... mediocre... as our own.

So I just caught up with this TV report, which started out with a family tree from King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid and their "four daughters" - with four pink female figures. (Did some-one die?)

We were told how King Frederik IX's brother Knud was bypassed for Queen Margrethe, who went on to marry Henrik - and how he "spat the dummy" in 2002, jealous of CP Frederik's "rising popularity and power". (I can't think what "power" that would be.)

Nice touch - the family tree graphics were shaken at this point and a grrr sound replaced the courtly music that had been playing in the background. :lol:

All this was a lead-in to a cross over to regular Royal reporter Gavin Grey in London who let us know he had been told CP Frederik was "absolutely furious" and the Danish people "livid" and "really angry" at the publication.

Mention was made of a documentary due to come out - as well as the Frederik film.

Can anyone provide any details re this documentary?

Some nice footage from various events shown, but as I thought, after a morning of promoting the "juicy scandal" throughout this program, it all came out to be nothing.

Darn! I thought something juicy was actually happening. :lol:

My husband and I stayed at the Gold Coast last night because we'd been there for a work-related Christmas party, and this morning I found myself turning on the TV to the local morning show to fill in time before we left. I think it was a Queensland-specific show, though I can't be sure, and viewers were regularly taunted with the "could something be rotten in the State of Denmark?" line and implications that Mary was on with her bodyguard. I wasn't watching when the story was finally addressed but I was left with the feeling that something really scandalous had happened and I was sure I would find at least half a dozen pages discussing it here.

Alas, it seems we were duped. How dare those naughty TV shows lead us gullible viewers on like that?! :ROFLMAO:

Beware Muhler but I am about to become sexist.
Some of those Pet officers in Denmark & Australia are rather gorgeous indeed. One of the Danish guys I nicknamed grumpy as that is how he always looked.

However , regarding the No Idea story i really hope that the Aussie protection officer tries to sue the magazine over this innuendo. Especially if he is married or has a girlfriend. They are maligning him too.

:lol: Alas, I'm afraid the Australian reporters have to look long and hard to find a public outcry here in DK. But perhaps they all decided to go to London to went their anger? The streets were a bit empty this morning, so perhaps I missed the bus?

It is difficult to feel angry about a movie that may never even be made, and not least because no one really know what the movie will be about, what the angle is and how accurate it will be. :ermm:

Tarlita, men do not appreciate being reduced to sex-objects to be gloated it. I know how it is to have strange women undressing me with their eyes on the street and it really hurts my feelings. :verysad:
So in protest we in the Men's Libber's Association have, in protest against the rising sexualisation of men, decided to burn our ties in the squares of the four main cities today. We wan't to be respected for our minds, not our bodies! :angry:

:lol: Alas, I'm afraid the Australian reporters have to look long and hard to find a public outcry here in DK. But perhaps they all decided to go to London to went their anger? The streets were a bit empty this morning, so perhaps I missed the bus?

It is difficult to feel angry about a movie that may never even be made, and not least because no one really know what the movie will be about, what the angle is and how accurate it will be. :ermm:

Tarlita, men do not appreciate being reduced to sex-objects to be gloated it. I know how it is to have strange women undressing me with their eyes on the street and it really hurts my feelings. :verysad:
So in protest we in the Men's Libber's Association have, in protest against the rising sexualisation of men, decided to burn our ties in the squares of the four main cities today. We wan't to be respected for our minds, not our bodies! :angry:

Hahahaha ? oh you poor man! I will be marching here in Australia for my poor husband. He is always getting leering looks by women when he cycles in his Lycra shorts, damn those women!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Do show this to your wife....And please let me know if she managed any comments after :ROFLMAO: :p

All this was a lead-in to a cross over to regular Royal reporter Gavin Grey in London who let us know he had been told CP Frederik was "absolutely furious" and the Danish people "livid" and "really angry" at the publication.
I wonder if the Danes know they are supposed to be "livid" and if Frederik knows he is "absolutely furious"...

Last edited:
Do show this to your wife....And please let me know if she managed any comments after :ROFLMAO: :p

I wonder if the Danes know they are supposed to be "livid" and if Frederik knows he is "absolutely furious"...

She knows, but they dare not look, when she's around. :viking:
It's only when I'm alone and vulnerable. :innocent:

Hmm, you have a point. Gotta check my phone, I might have missed the message telling me I should be livid. :ermm:

(I feel for your husband, Eden. It must hurt his self-esteem so much). :sad:

Is it legal to manipulate and lie in this way to local tv-viewers? Seriously it's nothing. I think less than 0.01% of the Danes (or F&M themselves for that matter) would know what you were talking about if you asked. Unless they have read in this thread here on TRF :lol: It's 4 innocent lines in a book about a Danish former PET dismissed back in 2002. 12 years ago. Apart from the four innocent lines the rest of the book about his time as a PET for our former Prime Minister. Not even the Danish gossip magazine has bothered to write about it. It's impressive what the Australian 'No Idea' can get out of nothing. But okay, our Mary has been pregnant four times in 2014 until now, and oh i forgot.. Margrethe abdicated 2 months ago because she was sick or something like that :p

Let's move on.

Frederik has now returned from his three-day official IOC meetings and me thinks maybe Frederik, Mary and children have private Christmas plans these days (weeks) before Christmas. Their calendar is currently empty (which it rarely is) and on Facebook I can read F&M and children can’t attend this year's Christmas concert in the Esajas Church tomorrow noon Sunday the 14th December as they use to (it’s otherwise always so cute pictures of Crown Prince family) Therefore I’m a bit tempted to think they are visiting family somewhere during these Christmas days. Maybe John and Susan as we know live in France? Just a guess, but it could otherwise be cozy for F&M and children to spend some Christmas days with them now Christmas Eve is held with Frederik's family :santa:

Last edited:
Dear Muhler , Yes I was thinking of your finer feelings and so I toned down what I really wanted to say. That is; some of them are quite yummy!! Ha ha.

I am sure Fred and Mary won't lose any sleep over the magazine or the proposed movie.

I'm not quite sure where to post this: over on The Royal Watcher site, there is a picture of the Christmas card being sent out by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. It's of the two of them at the Invictus games, and right behind Charles, there's a smiling CP Frederik! So whoever gets a card from them will get a bonus - a picture of Fred ;)

CP Mary and CP Frederik are to renew their wedding vows at Sandy Bay in Hobart next year!

I'm quoting a double page feature in one of our weekly magazines out today.

I didn't buy it, so can't pass on the other details, though there is a Danish person being quoted.

Everyone involved - family and friends - are remaining "tight-lipped" about it.

(And we're expecting the CP Couple in Tasmania for the UTAS celebrations - so maybe/why not.)

Renewing vows really isn't customary in Denmark so I think one might have to take that story with a grain of salt.

I'm not quite sure where to post this: over on The Royal Watcher site, there is a picture of the Christmas card being sent out by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. It's of the two of them at the Invictus games, and right behind Charles, there's a smiling CP Frederik! So whoever gets a card from them will get a bonus - a picture of Fred ;)

one of their best cards yet;)
Frederik's smile just adds something extra ;)

Frederik has now returned from his three-day official IOC meetings and me thinks maybe Frederik, Mary and children have private Christmas plans these days (weeks) before Christmas. Their calendar is currently empty (which it rarely is) and on Facebook I can read F&M and children can’t attend this year's Christmas concert in the Esajas Church tomorrow noon Sunday the 14th December as they use to (it’s otherwise always so cute pictures of Crown Prince family) Therefore I’m a bit tempted to think they are visiting family somewhere during these Christmas days. Maybe John and Susan as we know live in France? Just a guess, but it could otherwise be cozy for F&M and children to spend some Christmas days with them now Christmas Eve is held with Frederik's family :santa:

I always look forward to this event, but nice that Mary and Frederik get to spend some quite time with the kids.
Other than the state council today, Frederik and Mary's calendar is clear, I guess the trip to Japan would have impacted their agenda

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Mary and CP Frederik are to renew their wedding vows at Sandy Bay in Hobart next year!

I'm quoting a double page feature in one of our weekly magazines out today.

I didn't buy it, so can't pass on the other details, though there is a Danish person being quoted.

Everyone involved - family and friends - are remaining "tight-lipped" about it.

(And we're expecting the CP Couple in Tasmania for the UTAS celebrations - so maybe/why not.)

I hope they don't. Heidi Klum & Seal used to renew their vow every year and we all know where that ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom