General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Someone has to stay at Amalienborg and keep an eye on the place!

Happy New Year - may it be healthy, peaceful, and prosperous for all. :newyear:

:previous:

Here you go :flowers:

Due to the holidays Billedbladet can first bring the Christmas/New Year's card now. And unfortunately it's spread across a double page and with yellow text, so it's difficult to scan properly.

But a beautiful card of them in national costumes. No wonder they chose Greenland as their motive.

F&M and children wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in Danish, English and French and the card is signed by all six.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1430433929_ce29a069bfed3bec41f8b75beea01178
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1428977420_f104dec43df79ccddf3aa2df94a40030 (I had to try :p)

Where is Mary these days?

Have anyone seen a sighting of her on Facebook or noticed something she might be doing?
Is she visiting her family incognito? Attending a Home Guard course? Any idea?

The entire DRF has no official events the coming weeks (except Frederik with two events and Joachim with one) Henrik, Margrethe, Mary, Marie and Benedikte no events. Me think F&M and children maybe will turn it into a 'tradition' with a week off in a warm country in the cold Danish January as we saw they did last year. It fits with that Frederik also have these days off. And then the DRF just are slow to update the calendar. For example will Mary participates in an event this weekend 25th February, but it's still not written in the calendar...

Mary attends 25th February a reception on the promotion of women's rights in CSR initiatives.
The reception is arranged by Minister Mogens Jensen and Parliamentary inter/cross-political network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. Mary will speak about 'Why is it important to deal with SRHR':

https://translate.google.com/transl...sknetvaerk.dk/Default.aspx?ID=4339&edit-text=

By the way, Billedbladet tell us that Susan Donaldson yesterday could celebrate her 75th birthday. Perhaps F&M and children are in France at John and Susan to celebrate her. It could also be an option.
They also tell that Mary's sister Jane can celebrate her 50th birthday in December the 26th which most likely means a family visit.

Last edited:
She's not scheduled to be in Poland next week with Frederik. Haakon and Victoria will also be there, but not their spouses.

The naysayers are no doubt saying that she's off somewhere having plastic surgery!

The entire DRF has no official events the coming weeks (except Frederik with two events and Joachim with one) Henrik, Margrethe, Mary, Marie and Benedikte no events. Me think F&M and children maybe will turn it into a 'tradition' with a week off in a warm country in the cold Danish January as we saw they did last year. It fits with that Frederik also have these days off. And then the DRF just are slow to update the calendar. For example will Mary participates in an event this weekend 25th February, but it's still not written in the calendar...

Mary attends a reception on the promotion of women's rights in CSR initiatives.
The reception is arranged by Minister Mogens Jensen and Parliamentary inter/cross-political network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. Mary will speak about 'Why is it important to deal with SRHR':

https://translate.google.com/transl...sknetvaerk.dk/Default.aspx?ID=4339&edit-text=

By the way, Billedbladet tell us that Susan Donaldson yesterday could celebrate her 75th birthday. Perhaps F&M and children are in France at John and Susan to celebrate her. It could also be an option.
They also tell that Mary's sister Jane can celebrate her 50th birthday in December the 26th which most likely means a family visit.

I think you are right about this week being a little vacation with the family to a warm location. Frederik doesnt have any events. They might have done what they did last year, after Frederik's official visit to Abu Dubai.

Regarding last week, Frederik had events but not Mary, maybe she was ill or just enjoying some time as a mother of 4.
But then of course, the DRF calendar often does not include every meeting or event. We saw that Frederik had an audience with the minister from Greenland on the 9th but nothing was placed on the official calendar.

The entire DRF has no official events the coming weeks (except Frederik with two events and Joachim with one) Henrik, Margrethe, Mary, Marie and Benedikte no events. Me think F&M and children maybe will turn it into a 'tradition' with a week off in a warm country in the cold Danish January as we saw they did last year. It fits with that Frederik also have these days off. And then the DRF just are slow to update the calendar. For example will Mary participates in an event this weekend 25th February, but it's still not written in the calendar...https://translate.google.com/transl...sknetvaerk.dk/Default.aspx?ID=4339&edit-text=
According to the calendar Mary has an event with the Mental Health Foundation on 22nd January.

The entire DRF has no official events the coming weeks (except Frederik with two events and Joachim with one) Henrik, Margrethe, Mary, Marie and Benedikte no events. Me think F&M and children maybe will turn it into a 'tradition' with a week off in a warm country in the cold Danish January as we saw they did last year. It fits with that Frederik also have these days off. And then the DRF just are slow to update the calendar.

The family doesn't seem to work as much as other royal dynasties this month.

The family doesn't seem to work as much as other royal dynasties this month.

I think it varies and is hard to compare. Last year in Jan. Mary did her visit to Myanmar and Frederik to Abu Dhabi.
on Frederik's end it hasnt been too quite on official events this month.

Plus the Danes are the first ones to work with their New Year Receptions, the first one being on the first day of the year;)

Where is Mary these days?

Have anyone seen a sighting of her on Facebook or noticed something she might be doing?
Is she visiting her family incognito? Attending a Home Guard course? Any idea?

Hi Muhler - Amber posted on her Instagram late last year to Danish friends about coming down to Oz.

Julie Moelsgaard replied - "will be out there before you know".

Another friend replied mentioning the date of 9th February.

(I'm hopeful this all means the private trip/wedding vow renewals in Sandy Bay was a correct magazine report! :lol:)

Amber also posting she hopes to be in Denmark mid-year.

These posts are open to the public - no need to be on Instagram yourself to read them - though I think this particular exchange is now deleted or gone private.

Carina Axelsson, Ellen Hillingso, the lady behind the fashion label "Heartmade" Julie Fagerholt, and many other names we've come to associate with CP Mary, all seem to be Instagram buddies with each other.

From what I can see of the Official Calendar and the above, February may be more fun Mary-watching.

P.S. The University of Tasmania now has a website just for their 125th Anniversary celebrations, so this may be updated sometime if their Patron CP Mary is going to be present at any events/functions - you know, in the flesh, not just via video-link etc.

Last edited:

Mary attends 25th February a reception on the promotion of women's rights in CSR initiatives.

I have kind of lost touch on where her father and stepmother are. I know they were living in Denmark for a while, do they now live in France?

:previous:

Yes as far as I know John and Susan have lived some years in France now. I think I have read in an interview with them that they move around a bit because their children live so far away from each other so they in that way can be a bit near them all and their grandchildren. Mary in Denmark, Jane, Patricia and John in Australia and Susan's children in London.

Last year John was in 4-5 months guest math professor in Aarhus city in Denmark and lived in Denmark in these months. So there has been plenty of time for family fun. But the family Donaldson has always struck me as some very down-to-earth and private people who prefer to live outside the press spotlight.

I wonder if Mary will attend the World Economic Forum in Davos , which is on now.

Today is Crown Princess Mary's 43th birthday and all Denmark's buses and official buildings flakes with Dannebrog :daneflag:
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/kalender/hkh-kronprinsessens-fodselsdag-3

Lots of greetings on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/2352278166...5227816664642/344568419063914/?type=1&theater
www.facebook.com/billedbladet/posts/10152828648257928

Billedbladet mark the day with a large gallery:
TILLYKKE: Kronprinsesse Mary fylder 43 år | Billed Bladet

ADDED:

Berlingske birthday gallery:
http://www.b.dk/nationalt/tillykke-mary-kronprinsessen-fylder-43-aar

This article from BB show us a picture of the street with flags and tells us that there is little flags in the windows of the Crown Prince Couple's apartment:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-marys-skoenne-foedselsdagsmorgen

Last edited:
such great picture of Princess mary !!! looking good !

Last edited:
I love those mags soo funny. And people believe it ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous::ROFLMAO: You've gotta be...

Is there a name of the novelist who wrote this?

In fairness they might be told " I want a story about Mary NOW" so they just dust off a old one.

I meant an old untrue one

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous::ROFLMAO: You've gotta be...

Is there a name of the novelist who wrote this?

No name, I don't think anyone would want to own it.

I borrowed the magazine from my neighbour, it has a few more details from said "royal insiders". This from the article - The family will be having an official dinner at Fredensborg Palace to wrap up the birthday events and this is when the royal insiders expect the announcement to be made before a written declaration is sent out the next day.
My neighbour is only person that I know that buys these silly magazines.

It must be a slow news week. These articles always put the emphasis on Mary (well, it is an Australian magazine) but Frederik is barely mentioned; he's almost an afterthought.

One more thing: in rechecking the new portraits, I notice that in the one where they're alone, they each look very controlled, almost tense. But in the one where they're together, they have visibly relaxed. That's lovely to see. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Silliest Article of the Week Award goes to (drum-roll) BT, for this completely idiotic article about... nothing: Hov: Stiller kronprinsesse Mary op til valg i Hamborg? - Udland | www.bt.dk

It's about a female politician running for election in the German city of Hamburg, who has a (limited) resemblance with Mary, so you can be forgiven for believing Mary is running for office in Hamburg. - That is if you are a journalist on BT and/or smoke giggle-weed...

- Remarkable, this beats even the Women's Day article. At least that article is about 0.68% plausible... And eventually, over time, Women's Day will be right.

- Eat dust, Aussie friends! Our journalists are way more silly than yours. (We need a thumb your nose smiley).

Last edited:
And the Silliest Article of the Week Award goes to (drum-roll) BT, for this completely idiotic article about... nothing: Hov: Stiller kronprinsesse Mary op til valg i Hamborg? - Udland | www.bt.dk

It's about a female politician running for election in the German city of Hamburg, who has a (limited) resemblance with Mary, so you can be forgiven for believing Mary is running for office in Hamburg. - That is if you are a journalist on BT and/or smoke giggle-weed...

- Remarkable, this beats even the Women's Day article. At least that article is about 0.68% plausible... And eventually, over time, Women's Day will be right.

- Eat dust, Aussie friends! Our journalist are way more silly than yours. (We need a thumb your nose smiley).

lol
they could be cousins...distant cousins...lol
you cant blame the bt for trying ..after the bridge "scandal' leading to nowhere :ROFLMAO:

and of course the official pictures make sense now, Mary will be Queen:cool:
The DRF are just dropping hints and luckily the Aussie "press" has figured it out :whistling:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom