General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 13: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frederik with his secretary Morten Roland Hansen met with Danish Formula 1/Mc Laren driver Kevin Magnussen, at Monza Grand Prix in Italy today
Royal opbakning: Her overrasker prins Frederik Magnussen på Monza-banen | www.bt.dk
According to an interview he flew to Italy this morning and will be back in Denmark this evening.

Love that he shows his support to fellow Danes. On Monday there is an audience and on Tuesday he is regent .

:previous: Thanks Polyesco,
It's well known that it means a lot to our Danish athletes that their future King always show them his support. There's respect both ways.

Here an article from BT in which Frederik tells it was huge for him to meet Kevin Magnussen - our Formula 1 driver.
Kronprinsen mødte Magnussen: Jeg har meget stor respekt for ham - Formel 1 | www.bt.dk

And here's a three minute long exclusive interview with Frederik from today. It's all in Danish (haven't time to translate it right now) but see it if needed for our prince's handsomeness ;)
EKSKLUSIVT: Kronprinsen glad for at møde Kevin Magnussen » TV3 SPORT

ADDED:

:previous:
Several media recieved interviews with Frederik:

Here two pictures from EB:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/art...900/Formel 1 MONZA ITALIEN.Kronprins Frederik
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/art...600/Formel 1 MONZA ITALIEN.Kronprins Frederik

And the article:
Ekstra Bladet - Royal respekt: Genial start af Kevin

Last edited:
:previous:Thanks Roskilde
Yes I love that he supports Danes across the globe. Denmark, I dont think, has that many world wide athletes (forgive me if im wrong) so its great that Frederik shows support. :flowers:

More pictures
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img537/2879/qAe1r3.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img745/203/AWiHoF.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9276/zMSyW5.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img631/7002/hfWqlA.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/5756/RxAJFH.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/5679/Bpwt6O.png

and yes he is looking very handsome :);)

(...)

Well, when I will give a brief summary of Her&Nu's coverage of Frederik and Mary to the wedding in Ireland. HerogNu can tell a funny little SMS detail ;)

#Her&Nu: Happy reunion in Ireland:
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=0e5eaa9966ad7925418cb3b24aeb50da&oe=5499455C

Frederik came as we know directly from California, USA to Ireland after his trade visit. Mary on the other hand came directly by plane from Denmark along with Danish friends, including F&M's good friends Malou and Jørgen Skeel. But Mary and friends were delayed therefor Frederik, who was already ready and dressed, had to wait some minutes for his Princess and Danish friends. Her&Nu's journalist when noticed that Frederik suddenly received a text message (very likely from his wife) on his iPhone and smiled. And then he signaled to his PET's and walked down to pick up his wife and friends. The magazine also noticed that the couple obviously had missed each other and there was both kisses and hugs to Mary from Frederik and on the way back to the wedding they were walking hand in hand and Frederik putting his arm around his wife's waist.

Frederik told the press afterwards: "It was super super romantic" and Mary added, "It was really touching, what a atmosphere." (They said much more, but I can't remember the exactly sentences)

Then it was time to party for the bride and groom and it lasted until late at night.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1418425438_aea002280001ee32e51d75d25a4d04fd
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=2c3b6dd1b042db59a6d9db511d3cb709&oe=54A2CCD4
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1419168667_a435d8c4cfcd6cffa58ef2c227d78727
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1420035192_393f7b3e6227f1332d7953f17b0ab5df

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice details, and they look to be confirmed from the happiness in their eyes and the body language, too. Thanks for sharing.
(...)

Kudos to Frederik and Mary from DK's most anti-royal man in the anti-royal newspaper Ekstrabladet. In sundays leader column I saw he wrote: I have nothing against the royals and I actually think Frederik and Mary wholeheartedly trying to renew the dusty institution with a more open and modern approach.

It's big words from him ;)

They are genuinely very open for a royal couple and appear accessible to the general public without selling out on what appears obviously their values for their relationship and their family. A really sweet family Denmark is very lucky. :)

They are genuinely very open for a royal couple and appear accessible to the general public without selling out on what appears obviously their values for their relationship and their family. A really sweet family Denmark is very lucky. :)

Well said!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Next week is packed with events too, but after Mary has 'shoots' the autumn holiday in motion at Greve school on Friday the 10th October it seems like Frederik, Mary and children will keep a week autumn vacation (week 42 is the school children's official autumn vacation in Denmark).

A quite qualified guess is that F&M will pack children, Ziggy-dog and bicycles and drive to Trend and enjoy a week in the nature of North Jutland.

For those who can't remember how the Trend lodge looks like and the landscape around are here a few pictures:
http://imageservice.nordjyske.dk/im...height=459&crop=auto&scale=both&bgcolor=white
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/dkresidences/trend.jpg
http://www.aalestrupclassic.dk/images/Flyvepladsen-2010-47.jpg
http://ekstrabladet.dk/migration_ca...e/image_alternates/p900/Jagthytte_690038a.jpg
http://www.visitaalborg.dk/sites/de...nordjylland/thynationalpark.jpg?itok=wu_V_qlv

You may remember their Christmas Card from last year taken near the Trend jodge:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1421471788_b3fa710689e258b17bb4191228782979

:previous:thanks
Its such a nice place. that im sure this outdoorsy family of 6 enjoy. ziggy too.
I think Christian's birthday photos from previous years have been taken there as well. :flowers:

Ekstra Bladet - Kongehusekspert: Mary kommer til at styre biksen

The Trine Villemann woman has again lashed out after M&F.

She declares that it will be Mary that will run the show, once Frederik becomes king: "We will rather have a queen Mary. His effort/work will be (strongly) influenced by her, because she's the one who wears the pants in that relationship.
(Queen) Ingrid did the same thing. They (M&F) are becoming an exct replica of them (Frederik IX & Queen Ingrid). Frederik also resembles also his morfar (maternal grandfather) in regards to choosing a spouse and interests. Mentally hes somewhat loose in the flesh (a weak husband).

Q: So you don't think he'll be a good king?

TV: "No, he's mentally strained by his childhood with a strickt father and an abscent mother. He's sensitive (*) and insecure and does not at all have the psyche to be head of state (**). I think he'll never be ready. In deep inside he'd rather not, even though that's no longer something they talk about at Amalienborg".

- So far so good... The amusing thing is the comments. This little piece is based on a survey among Ekstra Bladet's own readers, who would like Frederik to become king now, not because they are displeased with QMII, but because they think it's the right time and she has deserved a rest.
The survey among EB's readers is actually being ridiculed by - you guessed it - EB's readers, for not being particular representative...
Apart from that the comments can be divided up into these catagories:
A: Abolish the whole thing and shoot em'!
B: Nonsense, Frederik will be a fine king.
C: Slow news day, eh EB? Going after the DRF again, are you?
D: Mary being in charge? What a relief!
E: Wifey is in charge? What else is new? That the sun rise in the east?
F: Dogs have naked ears and mice are green... Groovy!

Well, considering that survey after survey in recent years have shown that people actually do think Frederik is ready to be king and it's time for him to take over, we must consider the remote possibillity that the Villemann could be wrong.
However, should the Villemann be right and Mary would de facto be running the show, I will go to sleep untroubled knowing that the DRF will be in competent hands.
There is also one last thing to consider: That modern monarchies is very much a teamwork. A cooperation between man and wife, supported by the rest of the family. - That's something we see quite clearly among the recent regent couples all over Europe.
As far as I can see, and I am of couse biased, M&F make a good team.

Aaand perhaps Frederik (and Frederik IX) do have more influence than the Villemann thinks. It's a possibillity.

(*) Something we can hardly accuse you of, eh Villemann? - Sorry, bad Muhler.

(**) QMII, by her own admission, was and is still, a most insecure person. Yet she is extremely respected so she must be doing something right and she has irrefutably grown into her role. Why shouldn't Frederik?

Last edited:
Well, considering that survey after survey in recent years have shown that people actually do think Frederik is ready to be king and it's time for him to take over, we must consider the remote possibillity that the Villemann could be wrong.
However, should the Villemann be right and Mary would de facto be running the show, I will go to sleep untroubled knowing that the DRF will be in competent hands.
There is also one last thing to consider: That modern monarchies is very much a teamwork. A cooperation between man and wife, supported by the rest of the family. - That's something we see quite clearly among the recent regent couples all over Europe.

Aaand perhaps Frederik (and Frederik IX) do have more influence that the Villemann thinks. It's possibillity.

(**) QMII, by her own admission, was and is still, a most insecure person. Yet she is extremely respected so she must be doing something right and she has irrefutable grown into her role. Why shouldn't Frederik?

this person just keeps going huh? lol

the most recent survey among the Danes had Frederik as the best representative of the DRF :flowers: so I guess he is doing something right?

and what is wrong with being sensitive?
Frederik imo has certainly grown a lot and more comfortable in his role over the past 10 years or so.
Over the years I seen that he has every year more and more serve more as regent and he and Mary have basically taken over the state visits. its often Frederik with the presidents and not HM.

And I agree, teamwork is the best. Mary gives Frederik strength but he has also done a lot for himself.

It says something when even EB readers support the DRF:ROFLMAO:

I haven't seen this article even I see it is from yesterday, but oh the dear woman... I hardly think anyone take her seriously. It's otherwise so lovely rarely we hear from her during these years. And M&F to becoming an exct replica of Frederik IX & Queen Ingrid? It wouldn't be bad, they were also a beloved folky couple.

But she is pulled forward when EB think it's time for some hatred... For example, as when they doing their own survey with their own critical readers and it shows a result that EB don't wish to see. That the DRF is popular, the Crown Prince Couple (and Queen) particularly. Just as yesterday.

Ekstra Bladet has been campaigning a hate campaign against the DRF recently. One Sunday a few weeks ago they dispersed the usual hate this time against Margrethe - she was cold and distant and I don't know what else - can't remember if anyone has posted the articles here at TRF. Here a one of them: Ekstra Bladet - Læserne: Fat dog pennen, Margrethe!

I rarely read Ekstra Bladet, but I find their own surveys interesting. Because as previously reported all surveys speaks for themselves, the DRF is popular, F&M in particular. Even by EB's own readers.

Ekstrabladets own surveys with their own readers from yesterday shows:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article5189182.ece

-More than half of Danes want Frederik to be their King today
-85-89% believe Frederik and Mary will be a good/very good King/Queen
-93% believe Frederik will be a better king than Joachim (Typically EB, so can they spread hatred against two royal members at one time ;) I have noticed EB has started calling Joachim the jetset-Prince after his real estate matters. Also typical EB...)

Lene Balleby says to Ekstra Bladet.

- "It's heartening that the Danes appreciate the Crown Prince Couple and the work they do."

But it wouldn't look good if EB posted these facts... Then rather call Trine Villeman in Greece and ask her to give something of her crap and make an article out of that instead.

Last edited:
A loyal Dane who lives in Greece? Hmm... I wonder if this sort of criticism is heaped on other royal couples (I know there's some ''Kate hate'' in the UK) but I refuse to check on that ''other website that shall remain nameless'' to find out.

I rarely read Ekstra Bladet, but I find their own surveys interesting. Because as previously reported all surveys speaks for themselves, the DRF is popular, F&M in particular. Even by EB's own readers.

Ekstrabladets own surveys with their own readers from yesterday shows:
Ekstra Bladet - Vi vil have kong Frede på tronen

-More than half of Danes want Frederik to be their King today
-85-89% believe Frederik and Mary will be a good/very good King/Queen
-93% believe Frederik will be a better king than Joachim (Typically EB, so can they spread hatred against two royal members at one time ;) I have noticed EB has started calling Joachim the jetset-Prince after his real estate matters. Also typical EB...)

Lene Balleby says to Ekstra Bladet.

- "It's heartening that the Danes appreciate the Crown Prince Couple and the work they do."

this is just awesome. :flowers:
Even the negative EB readers support Frederik and Mary.
must be doing something right.

A loyal Dane who lives in Greece? Hmm... I wonder if this sort of criticism is heaped on other royal couples (I know there's some ''Kate hate'' in the UK) but I refuse to check on that ''other website that shall remain nameless'' to find out.

She does, in Athens, with her British husband.
So when Trine Villemann talks about the Danish taxpayers and the DRF, it's an... interesting statement...
Roskilde and I are Danish taxpayers, she's not.

Over the years I've learned that Mary is actually treated reasonably mildly!
Certainly compared to Letizia, who has been compared to prostitutes and I believe that was on TV!
And unfortunately for Kate it will only get worse from here. - As she becomes a more seasoned royal and when she moves up the ranks, the Kate-bashers will become even more vocal. - Unless Harry should be so unlucky to marry someone who really puts her foot in her mouth.

Regrettably the board rules prohibits me from suggesting the best possible remedy for the Mary/Letizia/Maxima/Kate-bashers out there. :D

She does, in Athens, with her British husband.

She's married!!!!

I wonder what her redeeming quality is because it can neither be her looks, her intellect nor what comes out each time she opens her mouth.

Perhaps she's a good listener. In the dark.

Ekstra Bladet - Kongehusekspert: Mary kommer til at styre biksen

The Trine Villemann woman has again lashed out after M&F.

She declares that it will be Mary that will run the show, once Frederik becomes king: "We will rather have a queen Mary. His effort/work will be (strongly) influenced by her, because she's the one who wears the pants in that relationship.
(Queen) Ingrid did the same thing. They (M&F) are becoming an exct replica of them (Frederik IX & Queen Ingrid). Frederik also resembles also his morfar (maternal grandfather) in regards to choosing a spouse and interests. Mentally hes somewhat loose in the flesh (a weak husband).

Q: So you don't think he'll be a good king?

TV: "No, he's mentally strained by his childhood with a strickt father and an abscent mother. He's sensitive (*) and insecure and does not at all have the psyche to be head of state (**). I think he'll never be ready. In deep inside he'd rather not, even though that's no longer something they talk about at Amalienborg".

- So far so good... The amusing thing is the comments. This little piece is based on a survey among Ekstra Bladet's own readers, who would like Frederik to become king now, not because they are displeased with QMII, but because they think it's the right time and she has deserved a rest.
The survey among EB's readers is actually being ridiculed by - you guessed it - EB's readers, for not being particular representative...
Apart from that the comments can be divided up into these catagories:
A: Abolish the whole thing and shoot em'!
B: Nonsense, Frederik will be a fine king.
C: Slow news day, eh EB? Going after the DRF again, are you?
D: Mary being in charge? What a relief!
E: Wifey is in charge? What else is new? That the sun rise in the east?
F: Dogs have naked ears and mice are green... Groovy!

Aaand perhaps Frederik (and Frederik IX) do have more influence than the Villemann thinks. It's a possibillity.

(**) QMII, by her own admission, was and is still, a most insecure person. Yet she is extremely respected so she must be doing something right and she has irrefutably grown into her role. Why shouldn't Frederik?

I think Mary's talents and strengths are the kind that are better and more quickly noticed on a superficial level, compared to Frederik's. A member of the public can casually read a couple of magazine articles or watch a news clip and see that Mary is organized, agreeable, reasonably good at public speaking and photogenic. Her public demeanour is more forceful, overall, than Frederik's, and she's able to project the sense of being in control of the situation almost invariably, whereas Frederik still often seems to be going with the flow and taking things as they come.

None of that means that Frederik doesn't have strengths of his own, though! There are plenty of people who can quietly make and execute plans and goals while remaining somewhat in the background - sometimes it's easier to get what you want by staying low key and going about your business.

This Daily Mail article could very well have been written by our fellow member and valiant defender of Frederik, Polyesco: Australian Woman's Weekly chop Prince Frederick out of cover photo | Daily Mail Online

Daily Mail, on this no doubt very quiet day..., asks why Frederik and the boys were cropped out of the cover of Women's Weekly.
:p
IMO a clear case of typical female chauvinism and yet another example of the ongoing oppression of males.

Last edited:
Well, the magazine and article are aimed toward women, so I guess I can see their point. Although a picture of Frederik would please the ladies, too.:)
But in the DM article, Isabella's hair is referred to as 'mousy brown.' That was mean and unnecessary :sad:

why they would crop out this handsome man is beyond me. lol

Well, I don't think the writer necessarily meant to be mean.
They were just observant. Isabella's hair is mousy brown. It's the most accurate description. My niece has lovely mousy brown hair too.
I don't think there is a stigma about having mousy brown hair at all.
I would think that, due to the many 'blonde jokes' in the world, calling her hair 'dirty blond' (also quite accurate) or 'dark blond' could have been perceived as offensive by some. Isabella's hair isn't dark enough to be called brown or brunette.
Me, I find the article non offensive.
The chopping off Fred and the boys is odd but I don't find that offensive either.
I guess I don't find many things offensive.

:previous: Then you are a rare breed that ought to be treasured. :p

I had no idea that dirty blonde or dark blonde could possibly be percieved as offensive. Guess I'm naive. :ermm:
My hair happens to be dark blonde just like Isabella's, well, most of it... In DK it's also commonly called liver-pate-colored...

Well, I don't think the writer necessarily meant to be mean.
They were just observant. Isabella's hair is mousy brown. It's the most accurate description. My niece has lovely mousy brown hair too.
I don't think there is a stigma about having mousy brown hair at all.
I would think that, due to the many 'blonde jokes' in the world, calling her hair 'dirty blond' (also quite accurate) or 'dark blond' could have been perceived as offensive by some. Isabella's hair isn't dark enough to be called brown or brunette.
Me, I find the article non offensive.
The chopping off Fred and the boys is odd but I don't find that offensive either.
I guess I don't find many things offensive.

And we have a little more on the Women's Weekly interview: Princess Mary: Mum taught me to believe in myself : Australian Women's Weekly

:previous: The things you learn on this forum! Where I come from, mousy brown is a put-down. I guess you can't call this a regional difference, it would be a world-wide difference. I would say Isabella's hair is light brown. To each his own, I guess. :flowers:

Liver-pate!! Wow, that's a delicious colour.
Muhler, thank you for sharing that Danish description.
It's a hair colour to rival Chocolate and Strawberry Blonde...

Perhaps Isabella's Liver-Pate might darken to Chocolate as she gets older.
Then again, Queen Margrethe seemed to have the Liver-Pate into adulthood.

Liver-pate!! Wow, that's a delicious colour.
Muhler, thank you for sharing that Danish description.
It's a hair colour to rival Chocolate and Strawberry Blonde...

Perhaps Isabella's Liver-Pate might darken to Chocolate as she gets older.
Then again, Queen Margrethe seemed to have the Liver-Pate into adulthood.

:)
Another common name for dark-blondish/greyish-blonde hair is "kommunefarvet" = municipality-colored - It's even used in police descriptions to the public.

Hmm ...I take it that means that kommunefarvet has mass popularity -
common appeal and would not stand out in a crowd.
A very 'blend into the community' colour. That's very accurate.
Clever Danes.
Thanks, Muhler.

I would agree with you, @MidwestMom, on Isabella's hair. Her hair is more light ash brown than dark blonde. Christian is also darker than blonde. The twins, on the other hand, are blonde and Vincent has what I would describe as leverpostejsfarvet hår – liver pâté coloured, whereas Josephine's is a shade more golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom