General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 9: May - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is just the cuffs of Fred's blue shirt. Now let's see . . . blue shirt, dark brown jumper, fawn/tan trousers . . . When it comes to fashion our Fred marches to the beat of a different drummer! ;)

I am so glad that our immaculate Mary didn't try to turn him into "Armani Man"!!! He'd be sooooo boring!!! But I guess that's why she loves him. Hes is his own man. Slightly rumpled & immaculate only in uniform. :lol:

:lol: Maybe Fred's inherited his parents fashion sense! Doubt we'll be seeing him with the Golden Poppies in the future but maybe a hunt outfit similar to Prince Henrik's - a father - son - grandson - hunt outfit may be in the works as we speak!

Hello. I wasn't quite sure in which thread to post this so moderators please move it if it is in the wrong one:)

I was wondering what the correct way to address, i.e start a letter to the members of the DRF? I know in the U.K. one would put, dear madam or your royal highness. Was not sure about in Denmark?

Thank you.

Hello. I wasn't quite sure in which thread to post this so moderators please move it if it is in the wrong one:)

I was wondering what the correct way to address, i.e start a letter to the members of the DRF? I know in the U.K. one would put, dear madam or your royal highness. Was not sure about in Denmark?

Thank you.

If we talk protocol and official letters, you state their full title initially: Your Royal Highness, Crown Prince/ss Mary/Frederik and then keep a formal tone.

But for personal letters or letters from the heart so to speak: Dear Crown Prince/ss Mary/Frederik will do nicely.
Even omitting the title would not be considered offensive in this context.
It's after all the content of the letter that matters.
If you write to them in a way you would like a letter to yourself to be phrased, you won't go completely wrong.

But it may take quite a while for a reply to get back to you and don't expect a personal reply from M&F, even though they may likely have read it.

Last edited:
Thank you Muhler. That was very helpful. If I did write a letter (not sure at this stage)I wanted to adhere to protocol as much as possible as a matter of respect. You clarified that.

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/er-kronprinsparret-ved-at-overtage-tronen

Translation of article in Berlinske Tidende - kindly requested by Nordic :wave:

Er Kronprinsparret ved at overtage tronen? - Is the CP-couple taking over the throne?
Written by Indius Pedersen.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary are quietly taking over several of the areas and tasks, which Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have handled. This autumn alone it has amounted to three commercial offensives, of which two have rested solely on the choulders of the Crown Prince.
Firstly, in September he went with the Queen and the Prince Consort to Russia, later the trip went to Australia with Crown Princess Mary, and lastest, last week Frederik headed a big commercial offensive in Vietnam, which also included the celebrateion of 40 years of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and Denmark.

- "I've been on commercial offensives for Denmark since I was nineteen. The first was to Japan (*), but the tasks have become more concentrated and there is focus from all four sides.I'm glad to be able to come out and show the Danish flag in Different countries. I like to travel for Denmark and help create export", says Crown Prince Frederik to BT.

Together with Crown Princess Mary he is slowly but surely working on creating a new style in the shape of a more open, more different and modern monarchy.
During the latest commercial offensives and (during) the visit in Vietnam, there has been talked a lot with the participating Danish companies. It amounted to more than handshakes and polite phrases. Crown Prince Frederik asked very interested to the Danish companies which took part. It took place in a relaxed/laid back manner, where also the Danish business leaders, who took part in the talks, became more relaxed.

- "I gain a lot from talking to business leaders and (I) get a sense of what is going on abroad, seen through Danish glasses. It's important that we stand together and prepare ourselves well. Så that we get the most benefit from this. It is after all the exports, we must live from", says Crown Prince Frederik during an interview at Hotel Sheraton in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

- "I have a special relationship to Vietnam trough my father. I feel I know Vietnam well, because I've heard about it in my childhood and youth. I have a pleasant sensation of walking in the footsteps of my father. My father has grown up here. I was here two years ago with my parents and the Crown Princess and it's fun to meet some of them I met back then", says Frederik.
"I like the Vietnamese culture. I have a good knowledge to the Vietnamese food through my father. The Vietnamese way to look at life has come in under the skin. I think the country is beautiful and it's not unlikely that I will go on a real family holiday to Vietnam. Vietnam is becoming a good tourist destination and one suited for children with families", he continues.

A couple of weeks ago the CP-couple started a big offensive in Australia, where they made strikes (did really well). Mary was the really big attention grabber in the media, and when the Crown Prince then left for Vietnam, Crown Princess Mary went to Tasmania with all four children. Here they were reunited on Friday the family-father (*) Frederik.

(*) Familiefar = Family-father has two meanings: It can mean just that, father of the family but it can also mean familyman.

Berlinske Tidende, along with Politiken and Jyllands Posten are the three most serious nation wide papers.
When they write about the DRF, they tend to do it from a more serious angle.
This article is for example placed under national news and not under entertainment/culture.
As Berlinske Tidende and BT, belongs to the same publishing house and they often share stories. This story smells like coming from Berlinske Tidende.

I read/head in either BT or Billed Bladet that the businessmen accompanying M&F to Australia were very pleased with the interest they got from M&F.

I googled Indius Pedersen. He is a very experienced business journalist.
You will find a number of stories by him, about the DRF, from a business point of view here: http://jutlandpress.com/
In English.

Last edited:
Firstly, in September he went with the Queen and the Prince Consort to Russia, later the trip went to Cina with Crown Princess Mary, and lastest, last week Frederik headed a big commercial offensive in Vietnam, which also included the celebrateion of 40 years of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and Denmark.

I googled Indius Pedersen. He is a very experienced business journalist.
Cina? ;)

The writer didn't mention the trip to New York. During the past 6 months,
Frederik has been on 5 commercial offensives, starting with Ukraine.

Thanks Muhler

How sweet!

I think this is the first time the twins are going to their mother's hometown.

Correct me if am wrong.

Well first time they were last August in Mary's stomach. But I don't think that they saw much ;)

Thank you iceflower!!

God, I feel so bad about being excited seeing these paparazzi photos when they deserve privacy on their private holiday :unsure:
like you I feel bad but i love to see the photos!

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:
And a bit from BT, which use the same satellite photos of M&F arriving. Se billederne: Så er Frederik og Mary landet på Tasmanien - Royale - BT.dk

In the article they quote Australian media for writing that Mary and the children went to a big private house in the resort Portsea in Victoria and here they were visited by a number of Mary's friends.
Now they have finally arrived in Tasmania. Mary arrived first with Christian and Josephine. Ten minuttes later Frederik arrived with Vincent and a slightly hesitant Bella, who as you noticed needed a hand from a bodyguard.
M&F's security detail checked in at Mecure Hotel according to The Mercury.

Herald Sun has the story about Mary and what she was doing in Portsea: Princess Mary's seaside escape in Portsea | Herald Sun
Princess Mary with no purse in Sorrento | Herald Sun

ADDED: Let's have a sausage: Hobart butcher names gourmet sausage after Princess Mary | Herald Sun
Methinks you Tassies are in serious need of a genuine old fashioned Danish (*) hotdog stand in downtown Hobart.... (We really need a few more smileys to work with. A diabolic smiley, an I dunno smiley, a tip my hat smiley and now a smiley stuffing itself. - Perhaps we can put a couple of moderators on that task. That'll keep 'em busy and off the streets...)

(*) Bon appetit: http://sundborg.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/img_6853.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gkx2UjrbmMI/TTs-TPwTpjI/AAAAAAAAAvo/Xv3DXVnNsCM/s1600/ristetdog3.jpg
Remember to feed the doves...

Last edited:
I was always under the impression that royal heirs weren't allowed to fly/travel with their heirs in case the unfortunate happens. Was Frederik flying with Bella and Vincent because (unfortunately in the royal world) they're only considered spares? For instance when it was just Christian and Bella, Mary traveled with the children and Frederik arrived alone later since he couldn't travel with Christian and Bella. Or is that incorrect in the DRF?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was always under the impression that royal heirs weren't allowed to fly/travel with their heirs in case the unfortunate happens. Was Frederik flying with Bella and Vincent because (unfortunately in the royal world) they're only considered spares? For instance when it was just Christian and Bella, Mary traveled with the children and Frederik arrived alone later since he couldn't travel with Christian and Bella. Or is that incorrect in the DRF?

You are right. It's rare that Frederik and Christian fly on the same plane.

Oh my Goodness! Bella is getting big and so pretty girl.

Well first time they were last August in Mary's stomach. But I don't think that they saw much ;)

I had a nice little chuckle when I read this. Thank you.
And thanks to all for contributing the info about the private visit. :)

It is so nice to see that the family has been largely left alone by the media.

It was lovely that they had a good break on the Mornington Peninsula.

Visit Mornington Peninsula - The Official Website of Mornington Peninsula Tourism

It is a beautiful spot. Melbourne is on the northern part Port Phillip Bay. If you followed the Bay in an easterly, then southerly direction you get to the Mornington Peninsula. Lots of Melbourne's A list holiday there in the summer.

If you are interested: if you follow the bay in a westerly direction from Melbourne, you get to the Bellarine Peninsula, then the Great Ocean Rd and Bells Beach surf beaches etc.

Hope I didn't bore you. Just in case you wanted some local information.
I add the following link as it has a good map.

Port Phillip Bay Accommodation - Carmel Of Sorrento Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Victoria

It is so nice to see that the family has been largely left alone by the media.

It was lovely that they had a good break on the Mornington Peninsula.

Visit Mornington Peninsula - The Official Website of Mornington Peninsula Tourism

It is a beautiful spot. Melbourne is on the northern part Port Phillip Bay. If you followed the Bay in an easterly, then southerly direction you get to the Mornington Peninsula. Lots of Melbourne's A list holiday there in the summer.

If you are interested: if you follow the bay in a westerly direction from Melbourne, you get to the Bellarine Peninsula, then the Great Ocean Rd and Bells Beach surf beaches etc.

Hope I didn't bore you. Just in case you wanted some local information.
I add the following link as it has a good map.

Port Phillip Bay Accommodation - Carmel Of Sorrento Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Victoria

Lovely description and links; I'm ready to fly over to Australia right now for an impromptu vacation! :)

I feel so bad about being excited seeing these paparazzi photos when they deserve privacy on their private holiday :unsure:

I can't say I feel the same way, I like seeing pap shots of them...they get enough privacy and security and they know the deal when they 'risk' going out in the open...It comes with the position...but I will say because my interest in the family is only superficial and one sided (i.e. what Mary is wearing)...I don't mind the odd, zoomed in still shot, rather than the close up hounding video clips that we saw of Mary and family last trip, the Prada boots in West Hobart park is what I am referring too :) I can do without those intrusive, awkward, in your face videos...I am only interested in her clothes, not her activities, so stills are fine with me...

I can't say I feel the same way, I like seeing pap shots of them...they get enough privacy and security and they know the deal when they 'risk' going out in the open...It comes with the position...but I will say because my interest in the family is only superficial and one sided (i.e. what Mary is wearing)...I don't mind the odd, zoomed in still shot, rather than the close up hounding video clips that we saw of Mary and family last trip, the Prada boots in West Hobart park is what I am referring too :) I can do without those intrusive, awkward, in your face videos...I am only interested in her clothes, not her activities, so stills are fine with me...

I totally understand your opinion and usually agree with that thinking but these pictures were of departing a plane, not frolicking in a public park. You can't arrive in Tasmania without being in the open for a few minutes which is what I imagine M+F+C+I+V+J were. They probably quickly departed (with the exception of Bella ;) ) and went straight into some cars. I just think it's a bit unfair to catch them in those few minutes in between...

Was Frederik flying with Bella and Vincent because (unfortunately in the royal world) they're only considered spares?

I think it's a more 1-2-1-2 thing. Say the queen was coming along, she could take Christian with her - but not Frederik. They have to skip a place in the line of succession. Surely at some point it makes no matter, i.e. the twins are not consideres problematic, as their place in the LoS is so distant it's unlikely to ever become relevant.

Top news headlines

The last part of the news section showing an incident where Christian appears to be running across a road without looking or stopping with his aunt Jane holding Isabella after him.

Not sure about the traffic situation there but it seems to be a potentially dangerous situation. Seems the young man got carried away and will need some serious adressing to listen and look.

I find it quite appalling to be honest that both Christian and Isabella miss school for such a long time because of a holiday. I understand they should see their mothers family but there is enough time to do so in the summer break. Its quite patronising behaviour since schools are usually very restrictive about the issue.

Top news headlines

The last part of the news section showing an incident where Christian appears to be running across a road without looking or stopping with his aunt Jane holding Isabella after him.

Not sure about the traffic situation there but it seems to be a potentially dangerous situation. Seems the young man got carried away and will need some serious adressing to listen and look.

I find it quite appalling to be honest that both Christian and Isabella miss school for such a long time because of a holiday. I understand they should see their mothers family but there is enough time to do so in the summer break. Its quite patronising behaviour since schools are usually very restrictive about the issue.

I agree entirely. I believe in the UK parents can actually be prosecuted for taking their children out of school for family holidays.

I suppose it goes to prove though, it's one rule for them and another for the rest of us.

Also, are the Danes really happy that their CP couple appears to have no intention of doing any actual work this month?

In Denmark parents can´t be prosecuted for taking their children out of school for family holidays and I guess that almost all danish children have tried this at some point.

And I bet they let him play with matches as well. "Not Sure" are the key words in that paragraph. I don't see a single car in the entire clip. For all we know you're just dreaming up problems.

I think they're just killing two birds with one stone. What's all the hubbub? Wouldn't you just be ranting on about how Mary and Frederik are rubbish parents, leaving their children at home while they go travel? How do you know they haven't arranged for lessons while on the trip? And what are the risks of him actually learning something from the trip - valuable lessons that he wouldn't have had the chance to do sitting in a dull classroom in gloomy december?

And I bet they let him play with matches as well. "Not Sure" are the key words in that paragraph. I don't see a single car in the entire clip. For all we know you're just dreaming up problems.

I think a child running across a junction without stopping or looking is always dangerous, whether you see a car in that particular moment or not. In case a car or a bike would have passed he could have been seriously injured or even worse.

To say I am just "dreaming up problems" is actually a slap in the face of all those who worry about road safety education for children - that is obviously badly needed because of thousands of incidents where kids arent as lucky as Prince Christian.

I think they're just killing two birds with one stone. What's all the hubbub? Wouldn't you just be ranting on about how Mary and Frederik are rubbish parents, leaving their children at home while they go travel? How do you know they haven't arranged for lessons while on the trip? And what are the risks of him actually learning something from the trip - valuable lessons that he wouldn't have had the chance to do sitting in a dull classroom in gloomy december?

Its all fine but then his parents shouldnt always brag about how "normal" their kids are because if it suits them, all of a sudden they are not as normal anymore. Holiday breaks are there for a purpose but of course if you are royal, feel free to do what you want.

I suppose it goes to prove though, it's one rule for them and another for the rest of us.
How did you come by the knowledge that there exist special rules for F&M in the Danish education system?
Lots of Danish parents take their children out of school at odd times because it is so **** more expensive to travel during school holidays. Costs is not the issue here, but opportunity is.

It is both natural and obvious that Christian and Isabelle should be able to join the rest of their family when visiting relatives on the other side of the earth. It's not by any stretch a frequent occurrence.

Also, are the Danes really happy that their CP couple appears to have no intention of doing any actual work this month?

I don't see the problem. Frederik came directly from an official visit in Vietnam. If they had been employed they would be entitled to a fair amount of compensatory time-off after the rigid schedule in Australia and then Vietnam for Frederik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom